mush03

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mush03
Falcon4 wrote:Huh. I hate using my laptops with a mouse... I never see the point when a touchpad does the job just as well (in some cases, better).

lol thats funny cause i hate using touchpads

Carfanatic

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Carfanatic

The downside with ANY BT mouse if you think your going to use it for gaming forget it. Even high end keyboards($300+) that are BT are plagued with lag and problems like going to sleep for no reason while using them not to mention sometimes no matter how good your computer while gaming it may be totally un-use-able.

SpartanIV2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpartanIV2

I bought this last time it was on woot and it's been a great mouse! I use it mostly with my netbook but once or twice my desktop mouses batteries have died and it was a great backup mouse.

rev.

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rev.

I picked up one of these the last time they were on here, and I am completely satisfied with it. Lets be clear, it is a $13 mouse, but it completely meets and/or exceeds my expectations for a $13 mouse.

And yes, it works with a Mac.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

Shouldn't one of these be blue? My computer isn't pinktooth or whitetooth enabled.

shoplee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shoplee
jobezark wrote:Can you tell me what the advantages of a bluetooth mouse are over a regular wireless one?

Usually the range on a "regular wireless" mouse is a lot shorter than a bluetooth one. The regular one I have barely works 2 ft away. The bluetooth one I have works more than 50 ft away. Maybe 2 ft is fine for most, but I wanted to use mine when I was up in the front of a conference room, with my laptop in the back, connected to a projector.

The bluetooth mouse also doesn't require an additional USB receiver like "regular" mice do. This of course only works if you already have bluetooth.

joemartinez628

quality posts: 2 Private Messages joemartinez628

I bought one of these about two years ago and i can confirm it will work as a travel gaming mouse. I do prefer my DeathAdder, but for a small and very portable Bluetooth mouse the response time is impressive. It does stutter once if you leave it still for long enough to put the sensor to sleep but it regains cursor control much faster than any of the handful of other Bluetooth mice I've used. It's a very good compromise between battery life and usability for a wireless mouse.

fixit10

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fixit10

In for 2. I have a number of systems that are in a cramped space and could use a mouse that is a bit smaller and higher resolution so I can move it around in a very limited space. This should do fine. Now I just have to find a decent bluetooth dongle.

fixit10

rowanator wrote:I bought 3 last time.

Pros:
solid construction, quick, smooth, easy on batteries, comfortable, quick pairing

Cons:
absolutely awful for gaming (jumpy and NOT smooth), can't track on some surfaces

Overall, these are good mice. Just don't plan on using them for gaming.

Have to agree, if you want to use it on corduroy pants there may be some skipping. Works much better on my bald spot.

Falcon4

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Falcon4
Carfanatic wrote:The downside with ANY BT mouse if you think your going to use it for gaming forget it. Even high end keyboards($300+) that are BT are plagued with lag and problems like going to sleep for no reason while using them not to mention sometimes no matter how good your computer while gaming it may be totally un-use-able.

Well, I don't game pro, so as long as it doesn't have a noticeable lag on the cursor, it shouldn't have a noticeable lag in game... and if it had a really annoying cursor lag, it'd probably get crap reviews ;)

summary:
Between 2007 and 2010: lots of woots.

Shiftlock

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Shiftlock
mboverload wrote: How to tell if your computer has Bluetooth
(which is needed to use this mouse)

On your desktop (or start menu) RIGHT CLICK on "My Computer" or "Computer"
Click "Manage"
Go to "Device Manager"

If you don't see any categories named Bluetooth you don't have the device needed.

You can buy one for 2 bucks here. Meritline is a reputable company.

I do have a "Bluetooth" category under Device Manager, but I know for a fact that my computer does not have bluetooth. The bluetooth drivers were installed by default by the OEM, since some of the systems they sell have bluetooth, but the hardware doesn't exist in this particular computer. So, this isn't a fool-proof method for checking if your computer has Bluetooth.

fixit10

mjc613 wrote:Shouldn't one of these be blue? My computer isn't pinktooth or whitetooth enabled.

If you remember Soupy Sales he had a whitefang. But that was just too messy.

zorrex

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zorrex

Real gamers use corded mouses and keyboards. This type of mouse is for your traditional home/on the go use.

cosmicac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cosmicac

I bought 2 last time they were on Woot and all I can say is this mouse is cheap, has bluetooth, and works, but it is a piece of junk. There is some kind of tracking lag that makes it very difficult to control. Just play Bejeweled 2 with this mouse one time and you'll know what I mean. My cheap usb mouse tracks way better than this. Pay $10 more and get something better.
Pros: Price, Bluetooth.
Cons: Mac doesn't go to sleep with this on; tracking on this mouse is terrible.
Don't buy it, you'll be sorry.

crazychinaman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crazychinaman

Too bad it isn't a laser mouse. I find with laptops, you end up mousing on all sorts of different surfaces, and normal optical mice don't always perform well. My Logitech V450 is awesome, I love it. Good size, ergonomic, I don't mind using it for long periods of time. Last mouse I had that was this shape I wasn't a fan of.

- Wooted -

• Book of Crap 11/4/05
  • Book of Crap 12/25/05
  • Pioneer 1000 Watt 5.1 Surround Sound System
  • Adaptec GameBridge 1440
  • Razer Pro|Tone m100
  • Mio C720T
  • High Peak Sleeping Bagx2
  • Energizer Hardcase Tactical Flashlight
  • Philips Prestigo Remote
  • Screaming Glow-in-the-Dark Monkey with Woot Cape

bogdana

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bogdana
PocketBrain wrote:I have one of these in black. I like it; small but comfortable; portable. Pairs with my desktop, laptop, and PS3.

pardon my ignorance but what can you use a mouse for with the PS3? I have a PS3 I am currently just finding out about Netflix on. I am curious.

ceejatec

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ceejatec

I have to be the downer here: I strongly advise you don't get this mouse. And if you're thinking about it for gaming, absoLUTEly do not get this mouse.

It's actually a terrific mouse with one huge gaping flaw. It feels great in hand - it's small, but it fits my big hands just fine nonetheless. It tracks great in a small space, and I've noticed no visible lag. The surface texture is just right - not tacky, not slick. The mouse wheel is near perfect - spins easily, but is tight and doesn't flop about. And yes it serves as a middle mousebutton too, and is easy to click without being so easy that you click it accidentally.

Now here's the flaw: The power-saving mechanism on this things is the pits. It falls asleep after literally one second of inactivity. (I've actually timed it, I'm not exaggerating.) Not a big deal, except that when you move it to wake it up, the mouse pointer stutters and then shoots about three inches across the screen. This makes it very difficult to click on small targets like expanding directory trees and such. It falls asleep so fast that you'll find it jerking around all the time, even when you've still got your hand on it and are actively using it. Scroll down a webpage, take one second to find the "Next" link, and by the time you start moving towards it, it's fallen asleep. So it wakes up and jumps right over the "Next" link.

It really is incredibly frustrating. If it waited a reasonable length of time before nodding off, like 30 seconds (or heck, even 5 seconds!), it would be a minor quibble at best. But it's so aggressive about going to sleep - and so spastic when it wakes up - that it really interferes with normal usage. And unfortunately, there is no software or other configuration to let you increase the time.

LSlipetz

quality posts: 10 Private Messages LSlipetz
bogdana wrote:pardon my ignorance but what can you use a mouse for with the PS3? I have a PS3 I am currently just finding out about Netflix on. I am curious.

Surfing the web.

Gnomercy

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Gnomercy

Ifixit Teardown is interesting
http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Razer-Pro-Click-Mobile-Teardown/1220/1

PCWorld Review
http://www.pcworld.com/article/151929/razer_proclick_mobile_laptop_mouse.html

How to Razer turn off flashing Logo
Hold all 3 buttons down for 5 seconds

Still looking to see if there is a fix for the sleep time being short...

juicius

quality posts: 42 Private Messages juicius

Jailbreak your iPad and you can get a bluetooth mouse working with it. Out of the box, iPad already works with bt keyboard.

http://www.thevarguy.com/2010/05/10/jailbreak-your-ipad-and-boost-productivity/

cobbosseegail

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cobbosseegail

How do I check my laptop to see if it's Bluetooth?

kpk021

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kpk021

In case one hasn't been posted yet, a source for a simple little bluetooth dongle (free shipping):

http://www.meritline.com/mini-type-wireless-bluetooth-usb-adapter-class-1-bluetooth-v-2---p-26876.aspx

I'm tempted on this mouse, but I'm not sure if either my personal or work laptop have bluetooth. And getting the dongle would work but no longer has the advantage of freeing up a usb port.

roadhunter

quality posts: 14 Private Messages roadhunter
jobezark wrote:Can you tell me what the advantages of a bluetooth mouse are over a regular wireless one?

Unless you've run out of USB ports, there are no advantages.

wildfire52

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wildfire52

Got a white one last go around...
as I had bought 3 bluetooth older motorola adapters way back.
Works fine with them.
Would have liked to get a darker color this time but in fur one just the same.
Goin' pink

Woooot!

snakebyte090

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snakebyte090

Got this last time to use with my laptop during class, works great for that purpose.

However there is a problem I found with it, it doesn't work well on a pure white or bright monocolor surface. For example I can't use it a plain piece of paper or a yellow tablecloth.

A shame but it still works well as a secondary mouse.

monniewolf

quality posts: 3 Private Messages monniewolf

We bought two of these last time they were on woot. These, in fact, were my first woot purchase and made me a wootaholic!

Anyway, the mice are awesome. I use mine everyday for school and play. I find mine works fine for gaming, but I suppose that depends on what type of gaming you are doing. I don't game a lot, but I do play games like Diablo II.

I tracks on my wood desk, the cubicle desk at work, and the kitchen table flawlessly. I have also had it track on top of a hardback book when I had nothing else to use.

Also, I know someone mentioned the lighter color ones attract fuzz, but I have had the pink one for a few months now and it is just as clean as the day I got it. I do keep it in the accompanying pouch though when I throw it in my bag.

I definitely recommend these mice. At this price, they are a steal!

krepthin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krepthin
Dorkvader wrote:I hear bluetooth devices often suffer from relatively poor battery lifespans. As such, I recommend rechargeable batteries, if the mouse accepts the lowered voltage.

Lucky for me, my laptop has bluetooth built in, and it works in Linux! Allow me a moment to gloat.

Now that that's over, I'll probably be buying the white one in the morning, and some black spray paint to match my previously wooted Razer Salmosa.

I use my Razer mouse a couple hours a day and have only changed the batteries once in the year I've owned it.

InvisiBill

quality posts: 2 Private Messages InvisiBill

I missed this mouse last time, but picked one up today. I have a Diamondback on my home PC, and picked up a Diamondback 3G to use with my work laptop since I liked the one at home so much. I later picked up a second Diamondback 3G to keep in my laptop bag, so I'd have a second identical mouse to use on the go. I picked this one up since my new laptop has BT and it'll mean one less cord stuffed in the laptop bag. I don't use it a whole lot, but it's really handy to have around when I need it. I'd looked at other BT mice, but I'm used to the insane sensitivity on my Razer mice. For some idea of how sensitive they are, my original Diamondback takes almost exactly 1" of horizontal movement to cross my 1920x1080 monitor using the Win7 Pro x64 default drivers and settings (no Razer software or drivers installed or changes made to the mouse settings in Control Panel).

FYI, Razer is one of those companies who only honors the warranty if you buy it from one of their authorized resellers. If your Woot mouse dies on you, don't expect them to be too helpful. They may or may not replace it, but I wouldn't count on it. I can't say for sure, as all three of my Razer mice (the first being from September '07) are still working just fine.

apull

quality posts: 6 Private Messages apull

got one of these in my last Book of Crap (thanks, woot!). i've been using it for about a week now, and here's my thoughts:

Pros: Looks nice, perfect size (I use it for my desktop), one less cord, wakes up quickly from sleep, 99% performs like it's corded.

Cons: Sometimes it seems to lose connection when I'm using it (at ~4' from the receiver).

When I got mine (again, in a Book of Crap) it had some glue or something all over the buttons, which I cleaned off with acetone and rubbing alcohol. I assumed that was why it was returned originally. Maybe the connection issue was that reason though. Aside from that, it's an incredible mouse. Anyone else with one of these have issues with it dropping the connection? It reconnects automatically, but takes about 20 seconds sometimes.

sharkync

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharkync

Got the white one from WOOT and I think it is terrific. You really can't go wrong at this price and it's a few bucks cheaper now.

ginmemphis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ginmemphis

No extra dongle.

lnghng

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lnghng

The pink and white ones get dirty very easily.

deanezl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deanezl

Can I use it on my Apple MacBook Pro ?

depenmark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages depenmark

[quote postid="3951155" user="mboverload"] How to tell if your computer has Bluetooth
(which is needed to use this mouse)

On your desktop (or start menu) RIGHT CLICK on "My Computer" or "Computer"
Click "Manage"
Go to "Device Manager"

For Vista and Windows 7 it's even more simple. Click your Start button and type "Bluetooth" in the search pane. if something shows up (you should get "Bluetooth Devices") then you're capable.

hspaulding

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hspaulding

Will this work with USB Overdrive? I use it because I can't stand the default mouse acceleration behavior on the Mac OS, but it seems that certain Bluetooth devices don't play well with this driver.

If so, this is exactly what I'm looking for. I have small hands and have been watching for a deal on a small Bluetooth mouse.

UniversalSnip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages UniversalSnip

Here is my tale of woe.

I got this for a friend in the last wooting. It turned out she didn't have bluetooth... in the meantime I'd ordered a laptop, which also didn't have bluetooth.

So check that out first. If you don't have it, you'll need to buy a dongle on amazon or something for four bucks, like I did.

Our relationship was sweet at first but within a few days the right click on the mouse ceased to function, shortly followed by the rest of the mouse. I wrote to razer support (the mouse has a one year warranty), got a rma number, sent it off, and am scheduled to get my replacement on the 24th. I kept the little velvety carrying bag and the batteries as vengeance.

I'm used to using really nice mice, and the mouse itself is great (although I wouldn't try it for gaming). It has a great feel and clicks smoothly and the roll wheel is good.

So not that much woe, actually.

electrolatino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages electrolatino
equazcion wrote:I have this. It's a good mouse, nice feel and good response.

One minor caveat:

The main body of the mouse, the piece of plastic that surrounds the logo/light, has a sort of sticky surface to aid your grip. While this is generally a good thing, it's a problem for the lighter-color versions (like pink and white), because they attract dirt and fuzz that you can NEVER get off.

It's especially a problem if you plan on using the included black velvet pouch. Just from placing the mouse in there once, my once all-white mouse now looks like it needs a shave. This doesn't affect the workings of the mouse at all, and it's not like you feel the fuzz; it's purely a cosmetic flaw. Everything still works and feels fine. But I just thought I'd warn those of you who are image-conscious.

Yep, got a pink and red one before, the red is fine but the pink one is disgusting in the grooves where your clicking fingers lay. Also, don't expect to do any FPS gaming with these, the delayed response is significant...

bogdana

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bogdana
LSlipetz wrote:Surfing the web.

do you need a wireless keyboard for that too

evb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages evb
ljpatten wrote:Will this work with my Blackberry?

In theory, yes. If you have bluetooth on it.

I have an iGo Stowaway Bluetooth Keyboard by Think Outside that I use with my netbook and my Windows smart phone. They also make a bluetooth mouse that is expensive and hard to find. Thus, I have been bluetooth mouseless.

The Think Outside products were designed for use with bluetooth enabled PDAs and smart phones - but require a driver download. The Razer mouse doesn't need a driver - it should work.

If this works with my phone, great. If not, I'll still have an open USB port on my netbook.

In for one!

bitethat

quality posts: 14 Private Messages bitethat
PocketBrain wrote:I have one of these in black. I like it; small but comfortable; portable. Pairs with my desktop, laptop, and PS3.

you know... I never thought to do that. Would making messaging SO much faster too.

As for in general... it's a RaZeR... of course it responds good. Probably some of the BEST mice in the industry. of mice... :-|

Referral linking is not permitted.