ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning all. Trying to remember where I left off last Wednesday afternoon.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning all!

Happy Tuesday. Last work day for me this week, yay!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Morning all.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

morning all!

still not fully recovered from last weekend. seriously in need of a nap!

ircmaxell

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ircmaxell

Good morning. Just finished writing a nice 12 page dissertation... It feels good to get all of that off my chest...

BagsOfCrap.com - For All Things Woot!
Woot-Off Trackers
Items So Far This Woot-Off

Note - My old signature image won't work anymore since Woot stores it, so it won't be updated... Sorry for the inconvenience...

tennisplayer121

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tennisplayer121

'morning

no phone yet

Last Post

pooflady

tennisplayer121 wrote:'morning

no phone yet

Now why did you delete your other post? I was waiting for Irc's answer.

ThunderThighs

Staff

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

tennisplayer121

pooflady wrote:Now why did you delete your other post? I was waiting for Irc's answer.

Meh, I just figured the length of a dissertation was pretty dependent on what area you were writing one for.

Last Post

Turken

awww crud. crappity cruddy crap.

another hot afternoon = another blown transformer down the street. when the frack is ComEd going to actually wire the neighborhood properly? Every time we have these power outages, it costs us big $$$ in lost experiments and data!

Turken

ThunderThighs wrote:HEY GATZBY!!!!

so what are the congrats for?

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

Congratulations, Gatzby. Way to go!

AZGman

Congratulations, Gatzby . . . for, you know, whatever!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Oh, my week continues to shine. Just got a call from Chase. Someone just charged $100+ at a FL grocery store against my debit card. Sigh.

AZGman

ThunderThighs wrote:Oh, my week continues to shine. Just got a call from Chase. Someone just charged $100+ at a FL grocery store against my debit card. Sigh.

Ididn'tdoit!!!

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Oh, my week continues to shine. Just got a call from Chase. Someone just charged $100+ at a FL grocery store against my debit card. Sigh.

Haven't been to Fl. lately.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Ididn'tdoit!!!

I got my eyes on you!

Speaking of eyes, when is your tune up?

AZGman

ThunderThighs wrote:I got my eyes on you!

Speaking of eyes, when is your tune up?

22 July.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:22 July.

Ooooh, a month from today. I'll probably forget that date and ask you a few more times before then. Sigh.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:

What did he do?
Finally get his license?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

peglegwookie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages peglegwookie

Good afternoon everyone. Just had the pegleg juniors finish playing in the kiddie pool. Also planted some flowers finally. We are progressing on the weeds in our flower beds slowly but surely. Fortunately there are very nice cool morning and evening temperatures to work in if needed.

AZGman

peglegwookie wrote:Good afternoon everyone. Just had the pegleg juniors finish playing in the kiddie pool. Also planted some flowers finally. We are progressing on the weeds in our flower beds slowly but surely. Fortunately there are very nice cool morning and evening temperatures to work in if needed.

None of those mornings or evenings at this end of the sauna!!

pooflady

AZGman wrote:None of those mornings or evenings at this end of the sauna!!

Yeah, it'd be really great if the dew point got under maybe 62.

AZGman

Headed for bedtime TV and then off to toss and turn land.

Ta.

peglegwookie

AZGman wrote:None of those mornings or evenings at this end of the sauna!!

You get all that nice weather during the bitter cold winters I live through. These mornings are like your winter imo.

Night AZGman

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
peglegwookie wrote:You get all that nice weather during the bitter cold winters I live through. These mornings are like your winter imo.

Night AZGman

The evening temps are very nice, but the rain has given us an unbelievable crop of mosquitoes.

Still I'd rather have cold winters than super hot. We'll have a couple months of unbearably hot, but we can't move much farther North!

Hey all!

In other news. Jas got a call for an interview today. It's with a different college at the same university he was working at before. He can't automatically get the job, because the title is different (that's about the only thing, well it pays slightly more). Interview is in the AM on Monday. Need to get him looking spiffy, he is ordering new hearing aids tomorrow. Gonna have him try on his suit, realized it's been a while since he wore it (rented black for sister's wedding since she wanted the ushers in matching suits). Might need to make a shopping trip for new duds for him to look all professional.

Crossing fingers, this is the job that would not involve moving.

Beware the V'owls screech!

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:The evening temps are very nice, but the rain has given us an unbelievable crop of mosquitoes.

Still I'd rather have cold winters than super hot. We'll have a couple months of unbearably hot, but we can't move much farther North!

Hey all!

In other news. Jas got a call for an interview today. It's with a different college at the same university he was working at before. He can't automatically get the job, because the title is different (that's about the only thing, well it pays slightly more). Interview is in the AM on Monday. Need to get him looking spiffy, he is ordering new hearing aids tomorrow. Gonna have him try on his suit, realized it's been a while since he wore it (rented black for sister's wedding since she wanted the ushers in matching suits). Might need to make a shopping trip for new duds for him to look all professional.

Wish you luck.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:The evening temps are very nice, but the rain has given us an unbelievable crop of mosquitoes.

Hey all!

Good luck!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

peglegwookie

Hey all!

Awesome! Be sure to iron the shirt, shine the shoes, and all that good stuff you're already fretting over.

I am somewhat terrified of what it will be like working finally after I am done with school. Fortunately I have a good job I like now. I hope it turns out that I can find something I enjoy again.

Best wishes for you all Ms. Kt

peglegwookie

edit:

Oops! Double post.

BTW Littlest pegleg has teeth coming in. Has the goofiest little smile right now with those two top teeth of his.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:Wish you luck.

Ditto - good luck to Orc!!

ircmaxell

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ircmaxell
tennisplayer121 wrote:Meh, I just figured the length of a dissertation was pretty dependent on what area you were writing one for.

I was being a bit facetious calling it a dissertation. It really was a letter to someone in my company about my disagreement with a particular decision that was made. I only called it a dissertation due to its length (12 pages of single space 12 point font with no extra line-breaks anywhere)...

BagsOfCrap.com - For All Things Woot!
Woot-Off Trackers
Items So Far This Woot-Off

Note - My old signature image won't work anymore since Woot stores it, so it won't be updated... Sorry for the inconvenience...

kdccrosby

ircmaxell wrote:I was being a bit facetious calling it a dissertation. It really was a letter to someone in my company about my disagreement with a particular decision that was made. I only called it a dissertation due to its length (12 pages of single space 12 point font with no extra line-breaks anywhere)...

uh... wow!

Did you send it yet? Sometimes it helps me if I write it first, let it sit for a day and go back and edit....

tennisplayer121

ircmaxell wrote:I was being a bit facetious calling it a dissertation. It really was a letter to someone in my company about my disagreement with a particular decision that was made. I only called it a dissertation due to its length (12 pages of single space 12 point font with no extra line-breaks anywhere)...

I thought something was up after I looked at a few others and hadn't seen any under 100 pages.

Turns out the phone did come in today, they just forgot to call. Luckily, we had to go up to the store anyway, so I found out while I was up there. This is a mess getting everything set up on it, but I'm excited. First real smart phone I've owned.

Last Post

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Hey all!

If you want to move north just tell them @ the border I said you're ok.

Good luck to Orc on the job!

In the end only kindness matters

kdccrosby

tennisplayer121 wrote:I thought something was up after I looked at a few others and hadn't seen any under 100 pages.

Turns out the phone did come in today, they just forgot to call. Luckily, we had to go up to the store anyway, so I found out while I was up there. This is a mess getting everything set up on it, but I'm excited. First real smart phone I've owned.

I haven't completely back read. Which phone did you get?

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets

That was me.

Nothing follows.

kdccrosby

taternuggets wrote:That was me.

Was it you who tried to charge $500 at Toys-R-Us in NY last year???

//eyes Tater suspiciously...//

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
kdccrosby wrote:Was it you who tried to charge $500 at Toys-R-Us in NY last year???

//eyes Tater suspiciously...//

I was in NY in October of last year.

yes?

Nothing follows.