travisk02

quality posts: 4 Private Messages travisk02
wootAndTheWay wrote: NOT THE USUAL Bowl of Cereal!

So imagine my shock when when instead I find $609 in cash. You read that right: Six Hundred Nine Dollars.

- 30 $20 Bills
- 1 $5 Bill
- 2 $2 bills yeah, $2 bills!

Seriously. I'm not sure anyone will believe me, but I'm not making up.

So yeah, I know that Woot joked about gold bars and all, but I don't think this was meant for me. The envelope was folded up a bit like it had been in someone's pocket. I'm guessing there's some poor bastard who works in the Woot warehouse who accidentally mailed me his or her cash.

I've already written to WOOT about it. There was some writing on the envelope. It said, "For________" If some woot worker can tell me who/what the $ was apparently for, I will return it.

Some of you might think "KEEP IT" -- but this wasn't meant for me and I know it. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing I'd kept someone's money.

But oh man.. if no one claims it? HELL YEAH!
LOL, I'm still shaking! What an awesome Bowl of Cereal if I get to keep it!

WOW. That is just amazing all around... the cash... you writing Woot to make SURE they meant to send it... etc...

I'm one of the lucky ones that got the letter and I can't wait to see what I get but if you were meant to that then you can't argue with cold hard cash!

Either way... *standing up and starting the slow clap*

EDIT: *clap*.........

"Expect to get shot down often and hard." -- teh Great TT

MBrulla

quality posts: 12 Private Messages MBrulla
fiberopticloser wrote:I got the Hammacher Schlemmer.

I still hope to get one of those in a bag. I have a ton of slides from when my father passed that I desperately want to digitize.

fiberopticloser

quality posts: 8 Private Messages fiberopticloser
MBrulla wrote:I still hope to get one of those in a bag. I have a ton of slides from when my father passed that I desperately want to digitize.

It's up for trade, for sure. Heck, you can probably just have it for the price of shipping. The downside is that I don't have the slide tray.

That's a nice tnettenba.

unpcnook

quality posts: 8 Private Messages unpcnook
fiberopticloser wrote:
HAMMACHER SCHLEMMER SHALL IMPORT YOUR SLIDES... If you had the requisite parts to put the slides in there.

Stupid slot loader isn't so useful without the feeder tray. Or slides.

I received a couple of the slot loaders as well as the drivers and user manual.
Just a warning, the scanner does have a sticker saying to install the drivers before plugging it in...

-UnPC

fiberopticloser

unpcnook wrote:I received a couple of the slot loaders as well as the drivers and user manual.
Just a warning, the scanner does have a sticker saying to install the drivers before plugging it in...

Well, maybe I can just send you mine and you can sell both of them with one tray each.

I don't have any real use for it as it sits anyway.

That's a nice tnettenba.

MBrulla

fiberopticloser wrote:It's up for trade, for sure. Heck, you can probably just have it for the price of shipping. The downside is that I don't have the slide tray.

I'll have to run and check my huge box of baggie stuff. Still quite a bit left from previous ones.

How heavy is it?

fiberopticloser

MBrulla wrote:I'll have to run and check my huge box of baggie stuff. Still quite a bit left from previous ones.

How heavy is it?

Probably around 1 pound.

That's a nice tnettenba.

MBrulla

fiberopticloser wrote:Probably around 1 pound.

I'm so torn.

I have a terrible history when it comes to buying something I wanted then getting it in the next baggie.

If I knew the slide thing worked I'd be in for it. Anyone who has it know how long it takes for each slide?

fiberopticloser

MBrulla wrote:I'm so torn.

I have a terrible history when it comes to buying something I wanted then getting it in the next baggie.

If I knew the slide thing worked I'd be in for it. Anyone who has it know how long it takes for each slide?

Tomorrow I'll just plug the thing in and see what happens.

That's a nice tnettenba.

Gesani

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Gesani
wootAndTheWay wrote:Well, if I get to keep it, I'm totally buying myself a new (Smallish) flat screen TV!

A reward isn't expected to do the right thing, but if they were feeling generous and end up returning the money, maybe they will reward me with a TV. (Hey, I can dream, right?)

My current TV is about 20 years old, no joke.

how small is smallish? check your local radioshack you can get a samsung 32" for under $500. if you get to keep the money that is

MBrulla

fiberopticloser wrote:Tomorrow I'll just plug the thing in and see what happens.

That's the way to do it, I guess...lol.

Reviews are kind of scary. Do you know anyone who has gotten this to actually work?

MBrulla

Gesani wrote:how small is smallish? check your local radioshack you can get a samsung 32" for under $500. if you get to keep the money that is

The Pot 'o Gold

Gesani

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Gesani

Ladies and Gentleman, Children of All AGES! Tonights featured card is a Blinged Out Cabbage Match!

In the White Corner: iPax iPod speaker system(first gen shuffle)

In the Blue Corner: Peanuts on Parade Shopping Snoopy Statue

In the Chrome Corner: Kenneth Cole KC1518 Watch! (not broken with working battery)

And in the Black Corner: In all its Bagness a Black collaspeable Lunchbox!

Let the Match Begin!

Overall a Great Haul!!

plus 24 bags o texas air! 5 deflated..

fiberopticloser

You can, from time to time, pick up a 720p 37-42 inch tv for 400.

For 500-600 you should be able to get 42-47 inch 1080p. Just watch the deals.

That's a nice tnettenba.

MBrulla

fiberopticloser wrote:You can, from time to time, pick up a 720p 37-42 inch tv for 400.

For 500-600 you should be able to get 42-47 inch 1080p. Just watch the deals.

The Slickdeals....

unpcnook

quality posts: 8 Private Messages unpcnook
fiberopticloser wrote:Tomorrow I'll just plug the thing in and see what happens.

Remember to install the drivers first. I'm sure you can find it online if you didn't get the disk.

-UnPC

LSlipetz

quality posts: 10 Private Messages LSlipetz
ThunderThighs wrote:I am in love with pupster.

Thanks!

kreegah

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kreegah

UPDATE:

After extensive tinkering and sacrificing a 2GB SD card to the cause, the Omnitech 4.3" touchscreen GPS works perfectly. I've even modded it thanks to the original link provided by Woot when it was offered back in February 2009. Silly Woot writers, you think we don't read your stuff...

Pics to follow when I return home today.

dan699

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dan699

Got to open my 3.8 or 3.9 lb (depending on which fedex person you ask, it went back and forth the whole trip) box-

Several bags of old fashioned Texas Air

1 i-Pax iPod Shuffle portable speaker system, open box, otherwise new
1 NiB set of Altec Lansing SureFit earbuds
1 Blue Camo SCREAMING flying woot! Monkey, which my ferrets love
1 Black lunchbox, seems that they forgot to pack my smells with it, I can always hope for the next box

The ipod dock also takes a line in, and I tested it last night and it sounds fantastic for its size, I recommend everyone who got one try it out, I'm keeping mine, as it's sweet.

Thanks for the great haul woot! Gods!

P.S. @crowsnest - if you don't mind, I'd like to be in on this secretest secret you PM'd to people about the 7/11 business you sent to annicus! I like secrets!

insightpatch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages insightpatch
wootAndTheWay wrote: NOT THE USUAL Bowl of Cereal!

[...]

Some of you might think "KEEP IT" -- but this wasn't meant for me and I know it. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing I'd kept someone's money.

Propellers to you! Methinks one needs no bars of gold, as one's own heart is purely the same.

I'll stop channeling Billy Shakespeare, now.

Teripie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Teripie

Um, I'd like to trade a couple things from my Book of Crap. I have an unopened "Would You Rather" calendar and a Woot monkey I'd like to trade for, oh, how does $690 cash sound?
Any takers?

“Anything is a great deal at some price,” Some Rutledge Guy.

tighejs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tighejs

Contents:

1 DIY Fiber Optic Butterfly Lamp Kit
1 Black Collapsable Lunchbox
1 Corporate Mailroom Worker Snoopy Figurine
1 D-Link 802.11b/g WAP

1. 10/23/08 Random Crap: Pioneer 5.1 SS XBox360 Ed.
  2. 6/24/10 Random Crap: Snoopy, Lunchbox, WAP, FiberOptic BtrFly
  3. 3/9/11 Random Crap: AquaGlobes, kids toys, shopping bag

wowobch3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wowobch3

Man, I can't believe my bad luck lately.

First, I didn't get in on the lastest Bee-Oh-See (got the one prior though). So to keep my spirits up, I decided to go the holy land and take a tour of the w00t facilities. Upon my return to the no-tell motel room, I noticed I had lost my vaction money envelope. It was filled with exactly 30 $20 Bills, 1 $5 Bills and 2 $2 bills. I sure hope some lucky bastard gets it back to me.

DAMN MY BAD LUCK!!!

carl669

quality posts: 27 Private Messages carl669

the crap hath arrived:

1 - blue camo screaming like the banshees of hell monkey
1 - POTC case thing
1 - autolite
1 - 2gb Sansa e250 (works!)
1 - really small sansa with a clip on the back (screen is toast)
1 - philips remote control...whatever it controls didn't come in the box. maybe to some ipod dock thing.
1 - 500 pc Pez puzzle
6 - bags of SARS-free texas air
7 - yes, 7, WYR calendars

Wife: Do you really need all this junk?
Me: At least I don't ask you if it makes me look fat.
--------------------------------------

travisk02

Teripie wrote:Um, I'd like to trade a couple things from my Book of Crap. I have an unopened "Would You Rather" calendar and a Woot monkey I'd like to trade for, oh, how does $690 cash sound?
Any takers?

I think $690 is a little steep but I think $609 is more reasonable! Can't believe you would trade off your monkey... no love.

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets

Posting this on behalf of Jeus, who got himself in a little bit of "woot trouble" last night and is serving out his probation.

JEUS GOT A LETTER!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, sure did. A genuine THREEPIECEWOOT letter!!

Remember him begging for one back here!

Well, apparently, TPW is totally awesome, because he actually took the time to write one and overnight it to Jeus!!!

The letter reads:

Dear Jeus,

This letter is per your request dated 06/07/10. we apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you, however all of your items fit in the box and nothing needed to be shipped separately.

Thanks for your understanding,
Threepiecewoot

The reference number stated : per your request
and the bottom of the shipping page states : nothing to see here.

Jeus totally wants to thank Woot and especially threepiecewoot for this incredible piece of Woot memorabilia!!!

Jeus also states that he will have this framed before Woot's birthday and will upload more pics then.

THANK YOU THREEPIECEWOOT!!!

Nothing follows.

travisk02

wowobch3 wrote:Man, I can't believe my bad luck lately.

First, I didn't get in on the lastest Bee-Oh-See (got the one prior though). So to keep my spirits up, I decided to go the holy land and take a tour of the w00t facilities. Upon my return to the no-tell motel room, I noticed I had lost my vaction money envelope. It was filled with exactly 30 $20 Bills, 1 $5 Bills and 2 $2 bills. I sure hope some lucky bastard gets it back to me.

DAMN MY BAD LUCK!!!

MAN that is bad luck... too bad you missed a key component... Fill in the blank: "For _______"

Woody1150

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Woody1150
taternuggets wrote:

Hahaha... AWESOME!

travisk02

taternuggets wrote:Posting this on behalf of Jeus, who got himself in a little bit of "woot trouble" last night and is serving out his probation.

Remember him begging for one back here!

Well, apparently, TPW is totally awesome, because he actually took the time to write one and overnight it to Jeus!!!

The letter reads:

Dear Jeus,

This letter is per your request dated 06/07/10. we apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you, however all of your items fit in the box and nothing needed to be shipped separately.

Threepiecewoot

Jeus totally wants to thank Woot and especially threepiecewoot for this incredible piece of Woot memorabilia!!!

Jeus also states that he will have this framed before Woot's birthday and will upload more pics then.

Hey Tater... is that date supposed to be "07/07/10" instead of "06/07/10"?

But that's awesome that he got a "just because" letter... and that he's on probation! HA

taternuggets

travisk02 wrote:Hey Tater... is that date supposed to be "07/07/10" instead of "06/07/10"?

But that's awesome that he got a "just because" letter... and that he's on probation! HA

Looks like tpw got the date wrong on the letter, just copied it verbatim. Doesn't make it less awesome.

Nothing follows.

PengLord

quality posts: 8 Private Messages PengLord
taternuggets wrote:Looks like tpw got the date wrong on the letter, just copied it verbatim. Doesn't make it less awesome.

It's also possible it was written on June 6th...

Since we all know that Woot owns a time machine that they loan out to FedEx for SmartPost shipments.

taternuggets

PengLord wrote:It's also possible it was written on July 6th...

Which would be tricky since Jeus asked for one on July 7th.

Nothing follows.

PengLord

quality posts: 8 Private Messages PengLord
taternuggets wrote:Which would be tricky since Jeus asked for one on July 7th.

I thought it over and edited my post immediately after posting. You're just too quick. And despicable.

BShocked

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BShocked

I got my Bowl of Cereal today!

2x Would you rather? desktop calendar
1x woot flying monkey
1x disney mystyle accessory cace
2x highschool musical alarm clock

Not bad. Now I have a ton of gifts for my nieces and nephews lol.

taternuggets

PengLord wrote:I thought it over and edited my post immediately after posting...

lol... I see that now. Sorry I was so quick there.

Edit: And despicable.

Nothing follows.

kreegah

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kreegah
taternuggets wrote:
[...]

The letter reads:

Dear Jeus,

Threepiecewoot

[...]

THAT is freakin' awesome...

Teripie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Teripie
travisk02 wrote:I think $690 is a little steep but I think $609 is more reasonable! Can't believe you would trade off your monkey... no love.

I have bunches of monkeys. I try to snag 6 each time they are offered - Hubby 3 and me 3. Gonna to decorate with monkeys come December!

“Anything is a great deal at some price,” Some Rutledge Guy.

mumba2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mumba2
Teripie wrote: Gonna to decorate with monkeys come December!

Now there's a holiday theme I've never seen.

crowsnest

quality posts: 53 Private Messages crowsnest
taternuggets wrote:lol... I see that now. Sorry I was so quick there.

Edit: And despicable.

man why are you following me!!!!LOL

my awesome postman left a trucking note and now i have to go to the damn post office or wait til friday for my Bowl of Cereal!!!!

i call shennanegins!!!!!!!!

@crowsnest531