Teripie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Teripie
Woody1150 wrote:Never under estimate the power of the monkeys.

I have a question about monkeys. How difficult is it to snag a giant monkey? And why don't giant monkeys have velcro paws? And why is my spell checker so woefully stupid that it fails to recognize the word "velcro?"

“Anything is a great deal at some price,” Some Rutledge Guy.

NightGhost

quality posts: 1908 Private Messages NightGhost
rkenimer wrote:Well at least its not BOCs. He had us going there for a while. Dang you Tater!

"Dang you, Tater!:

Has a certain ring to it...

Woody1150

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Woody1150
Teripie wrote:I have a question about monkeys. How difficult is it to snag a giant monkey? And why don't giant monkeys have velcro paws? And why is my spell checker so woefully stupid that it fails to recognize the word "velcro?"

I must admit, even though I've been around Woot a long time, that picture was the first time I've seen giant monkeys. Do they scream also?

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
jsale325 wrote:I never assumed it was BOCs, I think any of us would know better than that, I don't think that was really inferred either. I am however very sad that it is boxes full of monkeys, when I so covet thy neighbors monkeys, I WANT MORE!!!

Tater, will you marry me in California, so I can take half your property in a quickie divorce?

(all jokes people, all jokes)

As long as the divorce isn't the only quickie involved.

Nothing follows.

taternuggets

rkenimer wrote:Well at least its not BOCs. He had us going there for a while. Dang you Tater!

I never once tried to infer they were Bowl of Cereal's. Simply unopened woot boxes.

It isn't my fault you people get all excited at the site of woot labeled cardboard around here.

I'm innocent. (I don't often get to say that.)

NightGhost wrote:"Dang you, Tater!:

Has a certain ring to it...

Don't you get this started!

Nothing follows.

travisk02

quality posts: 4 Private Messages travisk02
taternuggets wrote:As long as the divorce isn't the only quickie involved.

Booyah!

"Expect to get shot down often and hard." -- teh Great TT

jsale325

quality posts: 19 Private Messages jsale325
Teripie wrote:I have a question about monkeys. How difficult is it to snag a giant monkey? And why don't giant monkeys have velcro paws? And why is my spell checker so woefully stupid that it fails to recognize the word "velcro?"

I have a giant monkey. Sadly, I only have that version. I would do almost anything for any of the other varieties.

Don't let NightGhost convince you that you need an intervention, involving chocolate syrup. IT'S A TRAP!!!!
(3:24 PM, 7/7/2010) jsale325 will never catch up.

srees

quality posts: 9 Private Messages srees

Got my Butt On a Chair!

- typical black 6 pack/lunch cooler
- Star Wars (Han Solo) bobblehead
- 250GB IDE Seagate drive from 2004. Spins up, but has I/O errors. So I enjoyed removing the magnets.
- some kind of off-brand open-box iPod alarm clock. Might actually be neat, if it works with my iPhone 3G (kinda doubt it though).

How can something be better than nothing if nothing is perfect?

I can haz badgez finally after 12 Bungled Original Communicator

jsale325

Woody1150 wrote:I must admit, even though I've been around Woot a long time, that picture was the first time I've seen giant monkeys. Do they scream also?

Yes they do scream, and honestly after having mine, and playing with other people's (that's what she said) smaller versions, I think it actually screams louder than the other ones.

Don't let NightGhost convince you that you need an intervention, involving chocolate syrup. IT'S A TRAP!!!!

jsale325

taternuggets wrote:As long as the divorce isn't the only quickie involved.

Awwwww... you know just what to say to warm a girl's heart.

travisk02

quality posts: 4 Private Messages travisk02
taternuggets wrote:I never once tried to infer they were Bowl of Cereal's. Simply unopened woot boxes.

It isn't my fault you people get all excited at the site of woot labeled cardboard around here.

I'm innocent. (I don't often get to say that.)

My fault Tater... I got a little excited. It happens...

"Expect to get shot down often and hard." -- teh Great TT

Woody1150

jsale325 wrote:Yes they do scream, and honestly after having mine, and playing with other people's (that's what she said) smaller versions, I think it actually screams louder than the other ones.

Very cool. I might be willing part with one of mine, since you don't have a smaller version. If you don't mind having pre-owned monkey.

Jeus

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Jeus

I'd like to start this post by thanking ThreePieceWoot for sending me the coolest thing I've ever gotten!!!! (yea my life is super cool) and thanks to tater for helping me post that I got this when I was otherwise unable to do so. Without further ado as promised the framed letter to nowhere....

btw I'm still totally geeking out about this.

edit: I want everyone to know that this is a "fake" letter from threepiecewoot. I have no other items headed my way. ;]

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com                                                                                                           (8:11 AM, 7/9/2010) Jeus framed the first letter of its kind

Woody1150

Jeus wrote:I'd like to start this post by thanking ThreePieceWoot for sending me the coolest thing I've ever gotten!!!! (yea my life is super cool) and thanks to tater for helping me post that I got this when I was otherwise unable to do so. Without further ado as promised the framed letter to nowhere....

Very cool. I'm very jealous.

stubbs4prez

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stubbs4prez

I love how my crap has been sitting in Allen Park MI for 3 days and it finally left this morning.

*insert joke about smart post here*

rkenimer

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rkenimer
Jeus wrote:I'd like to start this post by thanking ThreePieceWoot for sending me the coolest thing I've ever gotten!!!! (yea my life is super cool) and thanks to tater for helping me post that I got this when I was otherwise unable to do so. Without further ado as promised the framed letter to nowhere....

DAYUM. TPW FTW!

Apparently it's fashionable to have a signature.

taternuggets

Woody1150 wrote:Very cool. I might be willing part with one of mine, since you don't have a smaller version. If you don't mind having pre-owned monkey.

Mine are NIB.

Nothing follows.

Dman27

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Dman27

i have one of my monkeys screaming right now, anyone wanna hear?

B a g of crap: 8.5 & still waiting for that letter!!!
Woots: 30
Shirt Woots: 8

~DMan27~

sheetz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheetz
taternuggets wrote:Mine are NIB.

After being trapped in boxes for so long, I'd be afraid I would open them to find screaming monkey skeletons. Either that or have my face eaten by flying starving monkeys.

Those poor monkeys, how do you sleep at night?

kallawm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kallawm
taternuggets wrote:I never once tried to infer they were Bowl of Cereal's

I know this is obnoxious... but I can't help myself.

You didn't infer. We inferred. If you had done anything, you would have implied.

*exit grammar Help! Help! I'm being oppressed!*

EDIT - Wow... interesting filter there.

Tis better to score than be scored.

Woody1150

That just means they will be angry. Mine have been nurtured and loved.

crowsnest

quality posts: 53 Private Messages crowsnest

DANG you tater!!! RING

yes im a tater hater!!! LOL

@crowsnest531

NightGhost

kallawm wrote:I know this is obnoxious... but I can't help myself.

You didn't infer. We inferred. If you had done anything, you would have implied.

Jillian was her name
She was sweeter than aspartame
Her kisses reconfigured my DNA
And after that I never was the same

And I loved her even more
Than Marlon Brando loved souffle
She was gorgeous, she was charming
Yeah, she was perfect in every way

Except she was always using the word "infer"
When she obviously meant "imply"
And I know some guys would put up with that kind of thing
But frankly, I can't imagine why

And I told her, I said
"Hey! Are we playing horseshoes, honey?
No, I don't think we are!
You're close! (Close!)
But no cigar!"

"Weird Al" Yankovic

Jeus

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Jeus
kallawm wrote:I know this is obnoxious... but I can't help myself.

Yea, you can't say that. This is the internets do we really need to have proper grammar?

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com                                                                                                           (8:11 AM, 7/9/2010) Jeus framed the first letter of its kind

crowsnest

My GIANT monkey came with velcro paws?

@crowsnest531

kallawm

Jeus wrote:yea you can't say that, and this is the internets do we really need to have proper grammar?

No, like I said, I know it's obnoxious. That's why I acknowledged I was being a grammar... citizen of the Third Reich?

NightGhost

DANG you, Tater!

stevehaynes

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stevehaynes
mjorgensen wrote:Typical 5.5 lb Book of Crap:

2 High School Musical Alarm Clocks
2 "Would you Rather" 2010 Desk Calendars
1 Pirates of the Caribbean Accessory Case
1 Screaming Monkey w/ blue camo cape

Kitty pimp slapping monkey for not bringing cash:

Exact contents of my box! Wish I had a cute kitty to play with my monkey though...

kallawm

stevehaynes wrote:Exact contents of my box! Wish I had a cute kitty to play with my monkey though...

AH HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

chaeric77

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chaeric77
batkooy wrote:Even though mine weighed in at 2-3 pounds more than everyone else who got this same stuff, at 8 lbs I got:

three calendars
two hs musical clocks
one pirate camera case
one screaming monkey

At least I can say I got a Bowl of Cereal now right?

I got the same exact crap.

MBrulla

quality posts: 12 Private Messages MBrulla

I used to have 3 giant ones...they sold them twice, if I remember correctly.

I usually give all but one of each cape away as gifts.

If I kept them all...well...

*gasp*Too Many Monkeys*end gasp*

crowsnest

MBrulla wrote:I used to have 3 giant ones...they sold them twice, if I remember correctly.

I usually give all but one of each cape away as gifts.

If I kept them all...well...

*gasp*Too Many Monkeys*end gasp*

Yeah i got mine on the ADVENTURE.....the glow in the dark one....and it had velcro on its paws.

@crowsnest531

Teripie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Teripie
crowsnest wrote:My GIANT monkey came with velcro paws?

Hmm, my giant monkey doesn't have velcro paws. Maybe it's a new breed.

“Anything is a great deal at some price,” Some Rutledge Guy.

jsale325

stevehaynes wrote:Wish I had a cute kitty to play with my monkey though...

That's what he said!

crowsnest

Teripie wrote:Hmm, my giant monkey doesn't have velcro paws. Maybe it's a new breed.

maybe like i wrote above mine was the glow in the dark one from the adventure. maybe yours is 4g!!!lol

@crowsnest531

sheetz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheetz
crowsnest wrote:maybe like i wrote above mine was the glow in the dark one from the adventure. maybe yours is 4g!!!lol

Unless they sent you a super special monkey, the glow in the dark monkeys are normal sized.

MBrulla

quality posts: 12 Private Messages MBrulla
crowsnest wrote:...the glow in the dark one...

Only one I've kept all 3 of intentionally.

Fun with blu-ray laser pointers.

LSlipetz

quality posts: 10 Private Messages LSlipetz
sheetz wrote:After being trapped in boxes for so long, I'd be afraid I would open them to find screaming monkey skeletons. Either that or have my face eaten by flying starving monkeys.

Those poor monkeys, how do you sleep at night?

Schrodinger's monkey?

jsale325

Teripie wrote:Hmm, my giant monkey doesn't have velcro paws. Maybe it's a new breed.

Mine also have velcro paws.

jsale325

On a serious note, if anyone is willing to ever part with some of their monkeys, I would be willing to take some off your hands.... I am sure we could work out an agreement of some sort! ;)