ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:That sounds like a barrel of laughs.

Doesn't it though. Especially when ex & I drove home alone. Sigh.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:How is he getting home on breaks?
Is there a bus or train?

I'm sure we'd just fly him home. He's going the first quarter (until Thanksgiving) without his car to see how it goes. We'll reassess the car situation during the winter break.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
ThunderThighs wrote:No. Gabby (Garmin) took us via back roads from Just inside Alabama, all the way through GA. It sucked with slowing down for towns, stoplights, constructions, etc.

This time, I went the Interstate to Atlanta and then went west from there. We both agreed that ti was much better today.

Either way, it's a helluva long drive. next time will be with son & ex most likely. Wooo.

Yes!!! So awesome that I am not the only one who named their GPS.

My navigon is named Calgon. :D

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Mavyn wrote:Short answer--yes.

There are lots of options.See?

Hoo, boy. Looks like maybe a trip to Radio Shack.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Doesn't it though. Especially when ex & I drove home alone. Sigh.

Ewwww.

Mavyn

so this whole process has not impressed the cats.

This is Puck. Well, his butt. He was wedged between the scratcher and their kennels, but I moved the kennels to clean the room. When I walked back in...

If i can't see you, you can't see me!

moved the scratcher and him out to the living room, set up two scratcher side by side.

Maggie tried to show it was safe by parading in front.

To no avail.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Mavyn wrote:Yes!!! So awesome that I am not the only one who named their GPS.

My navigon is named Calgon. :D

Heh. Nice.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Before the cat came to live here, we had heard, from more than one person, that if you moved the litter box the cat did his business where the box first was. Not where it is now.

Didn't happen with Scratchy. We move the box and he finds it.

What do your cats do?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Mavyn wrote:so this whole process has not impressed the cats.

This is Puck. Well, his butt. He was wedged between the scratcher and their kennels, but I moved the kennels to clean the room. When I walked back in...

For the move from WA to TX, there was me, bro, Fred the dog, Booboo the cat, and Rodney the Hamster.

Hamster had his own cage of course.

I took Fred's huge kennel (that he never used) and devised a floor to go along the middle so it was a 2 story with a ramp down to the bottom. I put a small litter box down there and a bed on the top. That's how BooBoo traveled. When we got to a hotel. we'd move everything/body into the room except booboo. Then I'd shut the doors to the van and move her to a small carrier for transport to the hotel room where she could roam free (after a check for escapes).

It was such a hassle.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Before the cat came to live here, we had heard, from more than one person, that if you moved the litter box the cat did his business where the box first was. Not where it is now.

What do your cats do?

Never had a problem. Just made sure that I left used litter in the box when I moved it and showed it to the cat a couple times.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Heh. Nice.

The school is in a real city, right?
Because daughter flew home once. Ended up in Philly, which was no closer to home than where she started out.
But it was a small plane.

She could take a bus into the port authority which is one of the strangest places on earth.

Does anyone know why sone is at work, but there are three boys in the basement?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:The school is in a real city, right?
Because daughter flew home once. Ended up in Philly, which was no closer to home than where she started out.
But it was a small plane.

She could take a bus into the port authority which is one of the strangest places on earth.

Does anyone know why sone is at work, but there are three boys in the basement?

Savannah, so yes... real city.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Savannah, so yes... real city.

The travel will be a pia.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:The travel will be a pia.

Good news is that because they are on a quarter system, he'll come home at Thanksgiving before weather gets too bad and doesn't go back until after the New Year. So only going back might be a problem.

Mavyn

dontwantaname wrote:Before the cat came to live here, we had heard, from more than one person, that if you moved the litter box the cat did his business where the box first was. Not where it is now.

What do your cats do?

They'll use nothing but a box. Doesn't matter where it is--moving it doesn't matter to them.

In fact, putting down a CLEAN box, anywhere, guarantees that at least ONE of them will suddenly HAVE to pee, right that instant, why are you still standing there GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!

And for travel, they each have a small kennel, bed and a box. They ride in there, then get to have outside time at the hotel after I've checked the room.

On the trip here, it never occurred to me to check the mattress--spent 30 minutes after one cat discovered a hole in the lining of the box frame and in he went. Sigh. The grey cat really does NOT like change much at all. Poor old boy.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:They'll use nothing but a box. Doesn't matter where it is--moving it doesn't matter to them.

In fact, putting down a CLEAN box, anywhere, guarantees that at least ONE of them will suddenly HAVE to pee, right that instant, why are you still standing there GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!

And for travel, they each have a small kennel, bed and a box. They ride in there, then get to have outside time at the hotel after I've checked the room.

On the trip here, it never occurred to me to check the mattress--spent 30 minutes after one cat discovered a hole in the lining of the box frame and in he went. Sigh. The grey cat really does NOT like change much at all. Poor old boy.

I wonder why my friends cat and the new neighbors (years ago) cat would give so much trouble?

OK, off to bed. See ya!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Mavyn

dontwantaname wrote:I wonder why my friends cat and the new neighbors (years ago) cat would give so much trouble?

OK, off to bed. See ya!

Maybe they put the new box in a stupid spot?

Night.

pooflady

Wow, everybody left both threads.

tennisplayer121

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tennisplayer121

I'm around. Just lurking.

Last Post

pooflady

tennisplayer121 wrote:I'm around. Just lurking.

Did you get everything thrown out you were planning on?

Mavyn

Still here as well. Debated getting a movie, but it's a tad too late, now. don't really want to clean anymore--isn't much left, just the bathroom, after showering tomorrow, laundry that I'll start when I climb in to bed for the night...too late to vacuum more, no point in mopping yet,

I hate waiting.

tennisplayer121

pooflady wrote:Did you get everything thrown out you were planning on?

I haven't gotten everything finished 100% with anything I've been trying to do lately. I've gotten a lot of things done, just nothing completely yet. 15 days to change that.

Last Post

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:Still here as well. Debated getting a movie, but it's a tad too late, now. don't really want to clean anymore--isn't much left, just the bathroom, after showering tomorrow, laundry that I'll start when I climb in to bed for the night...too late to vacuum more, no point in mopping yet,

I hate waiting.

Tomorrow night hotel, leave Sat. morning for CO., right?

Mavyn

pooflady wrote:Tomorrow night hotel, leave Sat. morning for CO., right?

Yes ma'am!

Apartment checkout tomorrow morning, lunch with (former) coworkers, turn in my cable box and pick up some nibbles for the trip, airport for mai co-pilot...busy day!

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:Yes ma'am!

Apartment checkout tomorrow morning, lunch with (former) coworkers, turn in my cable box and pick up some nibbles for the trip, airport for mai co-pilot...busy day!

Ah, you won't be driving alone? That's good.

Mavyn

pooflady wrote:Ah, you won't be driving alone? That's good.

Correct. It's a long trip to make solo, I'm very pleased to have company for the whole stretch. And, we'll stop in Colorado to visit my family, and a couple other stops along the way to say hi to friends.

Edit to add: Bed time. Night wootonia!

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

AZ, hope you're feeling better.

tennisplayer121

'night all.

'morning to all who follow.

Last Post

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
pooflady wrote:Is it possible to get XM or Sirius radio in the house? I'd like it for my m-i-l just for the 40s music. Not DirecTV or anything like that. Just a radio.

Yes, I had a portable (boom box).Try Radio Shack. (edit// I see Mavyn has allready made that sugestion.) The only problem is the antena needed to face south and for me at least only worked while facing south at a window. They may have improved since I had it.

Oh, and good morning all.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin'.

Feelin' better-ish.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
dontwantaname wrote:I wonder why my friends cat and the new neighbors (years ago) cat would give so much trouble?

I had a cat once that would do that. I think he might have went to "live on a farm". Can't remember.

Nothing follows.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Daughter has lost her phone. We looked everywhere we could think of last night. As soon as it is light enough I'm going dumpster diving. I took out trash last night. Well, I'm taking hubby dumpster diving. Hopefully there won't be too many bags on top.

edit: No phone. We were at Bible School last night. I'll have to wait until 9 and go by the church. The Verizon website says she returned a txt after we left church but we can't find it in the car or the condo. Sigh... we have another phone so I can switch hers over but I can't cut her old one off. She is usually very conscientious about keeping up with it so I can't complain too much.

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

morning all.

//smack daj

sucks about the phone, joyner. You'll find it soon enough.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Found the phone. It was between the front seats in the car. I had looked two or three times. Hubby had looked. Daughter had looked. It was sort of caught up in the slide the seat mechanism. I don't see how we didn't see it when we all looked under the seat. Praise the Lord! Now I just have to find out what the txts say that daughter was so terrified that someone would see!!!

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
joyner wrote:Found the phone. It was between the front seats in the car. I had looked two or three times. Hubby had looked. Daughter had looked. It was sort of caught up in the slide the seat mechanism. I don't see how we didn't see it when we all looked under the seat. Praise the Lord! Now I just have to find out what the txts say that daughter was so terrified that someone would see!!!

LOL! She's dating a boy and hasn't told you yet!

Mavyn

My ex lost his phone day before going on a trip. He'd used it while packing, couldn't figure out how it got lost, tore the house apart, no phone. He panicked, we went and bought him a new one that afternoon.

That night, getting ready for bed, he took the suitcase he'd been packing off the bed, lo and behold! His phone.

Sigh.

Morning all!

Cleaning, squashing everything in to the car...

!!!

Iceback

Mavyn wrote:My ex lost his phone day before going on a trip. He'd used it while packing, couldn't figure out how it got lost, tore the house apart, no phone. He panicked, we went and bought him a new one that afternoon.

That night, getting ready for bed, he took the suitcase he'd been packing off the bed, lo and behold! His phone.

Sigh.

Morning all!

Cleaning, squashing everything in to the car...

!!!

I have yet to lose mine but Mrs. Ice constantly misplaces hers. It is always in her purse, or between cushions, or in the bed sheets...how she loses it I've yet to figure out since it rarely leaves her ear.
Anyway, have a safe trip Mavyn and update us on your travels when you are able.

pooflady

Iceback wrote:I have yet to lose mine but Mrs. Ice constantly misplaces hers. It is always in her purse, or between cushions, or in the bed sheets...how she loses it I've yet to figure out since it rarely leaves her ear.
Anyway, have a safe trip Mavyn and update us on your travels when you are able.

Are you off work today?

Morning everyone.

Iceback

pooflady wrote:Are you off work today?

Morning everyone.

No I'm @ work. Friday is usually a catch up on administrative stuff day so I actually get to spend some time in my office.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
cruzer wrote:morning all.

//smack daj

sucks about the phone, joyner. You'll find it soon enough.

Why . . . why . . . you're clairvoyant!!!

(But hopefully not Claire Voyant!!)

Grumpy 'til the day I die.