KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:Don't know.

I just looked to see if how much more it cost to have caller ID on a landline.
My mom somehow got a long distance plan that doesn't have any of that.
To save money.
$2 a month.
So with the crazy taxes on the phone, she is saving $30 a year. But she asks me every day, was that you that called?

The stupid part is she is keeping her money in case she needs a nursing home.
A nursing home is at leas $5000 a month. Most likely much more.
So if she got everything she wanted, wanted even just a little bit, for the rest of her life, she would spend one or two months of a nursing home money.
//sigh
kill me if I get like that.

Sorry! If you keep posting we'll try to remember.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Sorry! If you keep posting we'll try to remember.

I'll send you a card.
You can send your son.
He should be old enough.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Don't know.

I just looked to see if how much more it cost to have caller ID on a landline.
My mom somehow got a long distance plan that doesn't have any of that.
To save money.
$2 a month.
So with the crazy taxes on the phone, she is saving $30 a year. But she asks me every day, was that you that called?

The stupid part is she is keeping her money in case she needs a nursing home.
A nursing home is at leas $5000 a month. Most likely much more.
So if she got everything she wanted, wanted even just a little bit, for the rest of her life, she would spend one or two months of a nursing home money.
//sigh
kill me if I get like that.

My mom and my m-i-l, the same way.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:I'll send you a card.
You can send your son.
He should be old enough.

Possibly, but I'd prefer to keep his hands clean of that sort of activity.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Possibly, but I'd prefer to keep his hands clean of that sort of activity.

That is why nobody would suspect him.

OK

Night all.

KtC you need to move to a closer time zone.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:That is why nobody would suspect him.

OK

Night all.

KtC you need to move to a closer time zone.

Get Orc a job and I will. Especially if it's at least a day drive to Des Moines.

Goodnight dname

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

night all

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:night all

night kdc

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all.

Good luck Gman.

In the end only kindness matters

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

morning all.

see ya on the flip side gman.

//smack daj

Am I the only one that can stand the noise of a vuvuzela for longer than 5 seconds?

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Good luck AZ!

avosgo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avosgo

Good luck, Gman!!!!!

And what the heck is a vuvuzela?

joyner

Poof, I remember sit-upons from my GS days! We have been in WNC since Sunday for the closing on a rental that hubby bought from Fannie Mae. We were supposed to close on Monday and we still haven't closed. Our 9:30 closing today has already been moved to 10:15 this morning. If we ever get closed we will drive back to the beach. Just in case anybody had any doubts, hot here in the valley in much cooler than hot at the beach.

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
avosgo wrote:Good luck, Gman!!!!!

Yay! I get to post it again!

Vuvuzelas!!

pooflady

joyner wrote:Poof, I remember sit-upons from my GS days! We have been in WNC since Sunday for the closing on a rental that hubby bought from Fannie Mae. We were supposed to close on Monday and we still haven't closed. Our 9:30 closing today has already been moved to 10:15 this morning. If we ever get closed we will drive back to the beach. Just in case anybody had any doubts, hot here in the valley in much cooler than hot at the beach.

This summer, I think "cool" is relative. Like 88 is cooler than 92, but....

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

foo morning! hot as thunder out there!

joyner

pooflady wrote:This summer, I think "cool" is relative. Like 88 is cooler than 92, but....

Too true! Off to close then back to the beach. Going to see the Band of Oz tomorrow night. Great Beach/shag music. Shag is the state dance of North and South Carolina. Let the comments begin!!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

joyner wrote:Too true! Off to close then back to the beach. Going to see the Band of Oz tomorrow night. Great Beach/shag music. Shag is the state dance of North and South Carolina. Let the comments begin!!

*clears throat*

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

jsale325

quality posts: 19 Private Messages jsale325
joyner wrote:Too true! Off to close then back to the beach. Going to see the Band of Oz tomorrow night. Great Beach/shag music. Shag is the state dance of North and South Carolina. Let the comments begin!!

Which beach did you buy a house on? I used to live just outside Raleigh, we used to go to Wrightsville beach all the time.

Don't let NightGhost convince you that you need an intervention, involving chocolate syrup. IT'S A TRAP!!!!
(3:24 PM, 7/7/2010) jsale325 will never catch up.

pooflady

PemberDucky wrote:*clears throat*

//waiting for Ducky's comments//

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

pooflady wrote://waiting for Ducky's comments//

Sorry...I suffered from overwhelming performance anxiety at the last minute.
Somebody else take the baton!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

avosgo wrote:Good luck, Gman!!!!!

That long horn like thing that makes that stupid sound. They were using it all the time at the world cup soccer games.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

It is ok here in the shade!
I might be able to bring Rusty to the park in Queens with all the trees and walk.
I even opened the windows!!!

feels like winter!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

jsale325

dontwantaname wrote:It is ok here in the shade!
I might be able to bring Rusty to the park in Queens with all the trees and walk.
I even opened the windows!!!

feels like winter!

I saw your post the other day on the lights thread that you got tracking info, did you get any actual info from FedEx yet? I didn't.

Don't let NightGhost convince you that you need an intervention, involving chocolate syrup. IT'S A TRAP!!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Oh my. Newark NJ didn't pass it's budget. They are closing the pools (yeah, great idea in one of the hottest summers on record, then again NYC didn't open theirs. There were none where I lived)

But.....get this....

THEY ARE NOT BUYING TIOLET PAPER FOR THE OFFICES ANYMORE!

//sigh

what the hell is wrong with the government?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

morning all!

totally don't understand the big deal about the vuvuzelas. people acting like it's something new and exotic. it's a plastic horn. we had them years ago when we were kids, we just didn't call them vuvuzelas at the time. just called it what it was -- a big plastic trumpet. extended periods of blowing on it would drive people nuts back then, too.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jsale325 wrote:I saw your post the other day on the lights thread that you got tracking info, did you get any actual info from FedEx yet? I didn't.

No, just a number. I haven't logged on that account to see today.
Because people give me grief about posting as smilingjack!
That is why I told you guys it was me.
Although if I do go play in the product forum, sometimes it is just easier as Jack

ugh, why am I getting a captcha every other post?
Is this going to be one of those, oh, a woot off, sorry, we forgot to tell you, situations?
(yes, more than once that has happened, and just about the only thing I do as a mod is wootoffs)

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Turken wrote:morning all!

totally don't understand the big deal about the vuvuzelas. people acting like it's something new and exotic. it's a plastic horn. we had them years ago when we were kids, we just didn't call them vuvuzelas at the time. just called it what it was -- a big plastic trumpet. extended periods of blowing on it would drive people nuts back then, too.

It is annoying. These are adults! Someone should smack them.

Hi Truken!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

smilingjack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smilingjack
dontwantaname wrote:No, just a number. I haven't logged on that account to see today.
Although if I do go play in the product forum, sometimes it is just easier as Jack

Is this going to be one of those, oh, a woot off, sorry, we forgot to tell you, situations?
(yes, more than once that has happened, and just about the only thing I do as a mod is wootoffs)

Nope, nothing new yet. Just the tracking number and Fed Ex saying there is nothing yet.

jsale325

dontwantaname wrote:No, just a number. I haven't logged on that account to see today.

do you check on myFedex accoutn for your info? I usually can just save the tracking # somewhere and log in there, that way I don't have to be worried about what I am logged into with woot!

So, are you foretelling that a woot off will be coming up?

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

busted my cheap-but-faithful multi-purpose sandals last month, so just ordered some new shoes online today. curiosity got the better of me, and I decided to try the vibram "five finger" shoes (basically glorified toe-socks with an attached rubber sole).

hope they fit. went last night to one of the few stores that carry the shoes locally to try them in person, but couldn't because they were all sold out. gal in the shoe dept said that these things are crazy popular right now -- like birkenstocks or uggs in their heyday. men's shoes in my size in black were even sold out at every online site (including the manufacturer's) I looked at. ended up buying a pair of women's shoes instead. fortunately my feet are right in the size overlap of the men's/women's versions and the mfg says that they're virtually interchangeable.

so now I'm conflicted. I think the shoes are kinda cool, but they were relatively expensive and I do hate being part of the "trendy" crowd when it comes to stuff like this. I'm more interested in the functionality and hoping they help with some foot problems, and that they'll good for when we go camping in a few weeks.

jsale325

Turken wrote:busted my cheap-but-faithful multi-purpose sandals last month, so just ordered some new shoes online today. curiosity got the better of me, and I decided to try the vibram "five finger" shoes (basically glorified toe-socks with an attached rubber sole).

hope they fit. went last night to one of the few stores that carry the shoes locally to try them in person, but couldn't because they were all sold out. gal in the shoe dept said that these things are crazy popular right now -- like birkenstocks or uggs in their heyday. men's shoes in my size in black were even sold out at every online site (including the manufacturer's) I looked at. ended up buying a pair of women's shoes instead. fortunately my feet are right in the size overlap of the men's/women's versions and the mfg says that they're virtually interchangeable.

so now I'm conflicted. I think the shoes are kinda cool, but they were relatively expensive and I do hate being part of the "trendy" crowd when it comes to stuff like this. I'm more interested in the functionality and hoping they help with some foot problems, and that they'll good for when we go camping in a few weeks.

They should definitely be good for camping. We went canoeing a few weeks back, and one of the chicks with us brought those. I was coveting them by the end of the trip. They were incredibly functional and versatile. We go camping quite often and I am looking to get a pair myself for that purpose. (Especially because if we go someplace that has the shower stalls, it grosses me out to not wear shoes.)

pooflady

Turken wrote:busted my cheap-but-faithful multi-purpose sandals last month, so just ordered some new shoes online today. curiosity got the better of me, and I decided to try the vibram "five finger" shoes (basically glorified toe-socks with an attached rubber sole).

Let us know how you like them.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Sooooooo...did you buy a matching purse?

In the end only kindness matters

avosgo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avosgo
dontwantaname wrote:That long horn like thing that makes that stupid sound. They were using it all the time at the world cup soccer games.

Is it like the "Ricola!" horn in the commercials?

I don't think it's a horrible sound however, if one has to constantly withstand it, I could see how it could get a bit annoying!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
jsale325 wrote:So, are you foretelling that a woot off will be coming up?

well, eventually one will.

pooflady

Okay, back from Toys R Us. According to the guy there, the center thingy for the Zhu Zhus can be used for the Kung Zhus. He better be right. Also, from my reading, it's the "tablet" that comes with the armor (hamster not included) that teaches them to fight. So....that means if you've got one of the cute little pink Zhu Zhus and slide it across one of the ninja tablets, you end up with a cute little pink hamster with PMS.

tennisplayer121

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tennisplayer121
pooflady wrote:Okay, back from Toys R Us. According to the guy there, the center thingy for the Zhu Zhus can be used for the Kung Zhus. He better be right. Also, from my reading, it's the "tablet" that comes with the armor (hamster not included) that teaches them to fight. So....that means if you've got one of the cute little pink Zhu Zhus and slide it across one of the ninja tablets, you end up with a cute little pink hamster with PMS.

Lol. How have toys gotten so complicated?

Last Post

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
tennisplayer121 wrote:Lol. How have toys gotten so complicated?

i don't know... mabe... SATAN?!?