Agbasp wrote:Is this worth it? I'm looking for a college laptop.
It depends on your need for portability. if you plan on lugging your laptop around and taking notes in class, this may be overkill. It's heavy at 7+ lbs and large with a 17"+ screen and keypad. In other words, it'll give you a backache and takes up lots of desk space.
BUT .... it's an excellent desktop replacement. if you need a laptop that sits in your dorm most of the time, this is perfect. It's certainly as powerful as many desktops:
- It has a 500 gb 7200rpm hard drive. Most laptop hard drives run at 5400 rpm
- The video card is decent, better than that in most laptops
- It has an eSATA port, which few laptops have. This is a must if you move a lot of data to and from an external drive, i.e. backing up. It is MUCH faster than going through USB 2.0.
- The screen is amazing, and good enough for watching movies at a distance
- It has a remote control which operates the multimedia functions, i.e. play, stop, pause, etc. The remote slips conveniently in the ExpressCard slot. This makes watching videos easy
- It has HDMI output, which allows the laptop to function as a regular BlueRay player when conected to an HDTV. The above remote is handy
- The HDMI and VGA output, and Windows 7, makes it great for presentations. It's literally plug and play. And if an external monitor is not available, the 17"+ screen is ample.
,,,, BUT I THINK IT'S OVERPRICED. See my next post.