tommy2rs

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tommy2rs
showcaller wrote:is it just me??? I find it sort of funny? ironic? that a major distributor of electronics has paid for positioning itself on the right side of my Woot Page offering me 9, 15, and 25 million candlepower flashlites for $54.66, $49.99 and $129.99 ! The 25 million candlepower unit, from the looks of it, needs a separate trailer with electric brakes to cart behind me in my jeep!

Ads? Woot has ads? I don't see no steenking ads. Oh wait, AdBlock Plus, that's why.

There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there? -- Randal Graves, "Clerks"

rolledsho

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rolledsho

In for one.

Need to figure out how to transfer my brain waves so it it will trigger the claymores

stevehs2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevehs2000
IMarks wrote:The LED headlamp: for those times when you absolutely, positively, have to look like a dork.

Yea plug in your bluetooth ear piece and get a mohawk haircut and really look like a Dork. I have ordered one ,just because it was a great price and reviews are good.Don't need one often , but for 15 bucks , why not.

ffallick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ffallick
straydog1980 wrote:I've got this one, and I can't even begin to describe how useful it has been for me. I use it in crawlspaces and out in the woods all the time and it really helps a lot. And it doesn't even TELL me how many lumens it is, and it was cheap to begin with.

Soooooo, long story short, in for 3. If there is anything out there better than the cheapo one I use, it has got to be AWESOME!

Plus it's $30 on Amazon

Has anybody mentioned night-time grilling?

mrflub

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrflub

I love the comments about how uncool it looks to have a light on your head. I often struggle with my chronic un-coolness, and wish that at age 52 I could look as cool as all those awesome guys with their 17-pocket jeans that ride 4 inches below the cheeks, their Necrophagist Flaming Zombie-Skull tattoos (hey, now THAT's really unique!) and their drive-through hula-hoop earlobe holes. Hey wait, I've got it!!! Maybe they could make a flashlight that attaches to a nipple-ring!

Let me tell you, Holmes; catch a 40-inch snook at night under a dock lit by a halogen streetlight and then you'll know the true meaning of the word KEWL.

sdc100

quality posts: 503 Private Messages sdc100
LEM- wrote:How does this compare to the Energizer LED headlight that I bought a few months ago side by side?

I know my energizer is "only" 100 lumens, but boy is it bright (and sits very comfortably on the head too)! This one... 150, and for the same price? Have I been cheated, or is there more than just lumens to it?

No, you haven't been cheated. A 100 lumen 1 watt LED is fine for most household chores. And the batteries should last longer. I do have a 3 watt flashlight (running off ONE AA battery!), however, and it's incredibly bright. Even more amazing is a single AA LED flashlight that supposedly runs at 10 watt. I don't know if the numbers are true but do know that it's the brightest flashlight I have, far surpassing my 5 watt nightlight bulbs.

rlbgator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rlbgator
maila91 wrote:Who does gardening in the middle of the night?

Michael Stipe.

/boxcars

sdc100

quality posts: 503 Private Messages sdc100
roadhunter wrote:$5 for shipping and handling, same as always.

Plus tax if you live in certain states like NY...

forpiratedude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages forpiratedude

im ordering one & i hope it works better than some other stuff i"ve got from y'all landlubbers.

remsenlab

quality posts: 4 Private Messages remsenlab

I know this comment is coming late in the woot!, but please, for the love of all things lovable, do NOT wear this headlight in the same area in which Wootoff lights are operating. You know what happens? You don't want to know what happens. Bad stuff.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
NightGhost wrote:Product Website

Thanks for the website and it has good reviews on Amazon too! I think I'm in for 1 or 2 for gifts.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle
straydog1980 wrote:I've got this one, and I can't even begin to describe how useful it has been for me. I use it in crawlspaces and out in the woods all the time and it really helps a lot. And it doesn't even TELL me how many lumens it is, and it was cheap to begin with.

Soooooo, long story short, in for 3. If there is anything out there better than the cheapo one I use, it has got to be AWESOME!

Plus it's $30 on Amazon

Is it good for working on cars for a professional mechanic? I owe mine a gift, already gifted the Stanley 3 bulb flashlight on a tripod and he loves it. This might seal the deal for this year's gifts as he works on my extra vehicle that isn't under warranty. Tks.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

Electrohacker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Electrohacker

I still prefer my energizer one that doesnt require that crazy strap over the top of your head so they can put the batteries in the back

a992156

quality posts: 1 Private Messages a992156

I am so pissed I miss this! Want one.

eyyopomps

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eyyopomps

Awesome light for the camping my brother and I do. Cant beat the price either!

nekbet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nekbet

Is anyone else pretty damn sure they ordered 3 of these but it doesn't show up in your woot account?

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 125 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

nekbet wrote:Is anyone else pretty damn sure they ordered 3 of these but it doesn't show up in your woot account?

It looks like your order was denied- after you went through all the steps it should have told you it was denied and given you reasons why that might have been.

ricosibierto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ricosibierto

Anyone hear if these have shipped yet? My account hasn't indicated that it has shipped, and we're right at 5 business days.

stevieg123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevieg123

My account doesn't indicate that it has shipped yet. I have a camping trip 15 days after i ordered this and really hope it arrives by then. I know that you can't count on timely shipping with woot, but 15 days seems like plenty of time. I have my fingers crossed.

jnevil

quality posts: 967 Private Messages jnevil

**Shipping Update**

Remington High-Powered LED Headlight has completely shipped via FEDEX SMART POST. All tracking will be emailed by the end of the day to members who purchased this item. If you would like to find your tracking information sooner, please click the following link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

stevehs2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevehs2000
bitethat wrote:These will get you in trouble. I wore one in the sewer once and a friggin Ninja Turtle jumped out of nowhere and kicked my you know what.

Sounds like you are visiting places you need to stay away from. I am sure the light was not the reason you got a butt kicking. Maybe being at the wrong place at the wrong time had something to do with it.

BoringAbby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BoringAbby

I keep checking but I don't see anywhere in My Account page whre it says shipped???

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

BoringAbby wrote:I keep checking but I don't see anywhere in My Account page whre it says shipped???

You can also look on FedEx via Track by Reference. Instructions are in a link in my signature.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

geo8rge

quality posts: 33 Private Messages geo8rge

Smart post says: "No information for the following shipments/FedEx Office orders has been received by our system yet. Please try again later or contact Customer Service." 02185456301075069534

Please check of my ship hasn't shipped.

(Overall signature size was getting large. Recommended signature size is 5k.)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

geo8rge wrote:Smart post says: "No information for the following shipments/FedEx Office orders has been received by our system yet. Please try again later or contact Customer Service." 02185456301075069534

Please check of my ship hasn't shipped.

It could be that FedEx got the info too late to update their system before the weekend. Give it until Monday. If there's still no update, feel free to email service@woot.com

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

chaswill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chaswill

Mine arrived yesterday! I'm just down the road from Woot W.H.Q., so things don't have to travel far. There are no instructions in the package, so it took a little experimentation to figure out how to open the battery compartment. If you hold the battery pak with the Remington logo facing you (the cord will be on right side), press down on the left end and twist the top away from you, and it will pop off. Getting it back on is a little more difficult, but once you get the feel for it, it's not tough. Have fun getting the head bands on; they're a snug fit in those little plastic clips.

Light intensity is very good... now to go find me some dripping blood to track!

emathie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emathie

Where is it? slow, slow, slow shipping. c'mon woot! Your current shipping has it taking 2 gd weeks!

Do you really think people are buying these for earthworm hunting hobbies - no - they have events in mind - ship them already!!!

stevieg123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevieg123

Mine just arrived. As a previous poster mentioned, there are no instructions. I was able to get the battery compartment open and closed, but it's a bit flimsy and I'm guessing this will break after a few battery changes... which will kill the product.

The head band comes in three parts. I'm sure it won't be that hard to figure out, but it is amazing that they don't give you any instructions. Bush league.

uojfe

quality posts: 3 Private Messages uojfe
chaswill wrote:

Yes, on the front the intensity is amazing. I was hoping the back red flashing LED would be bright as well; but it's not bright enough for safe biking.

Remingache

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Remingache

First time wooter. Now I know why!! Two weeks to ship and they keep changing he delivery date. I didnt have it for my special event I ordered if for.

nekbet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nekbet

Anyone else go thru the ordering on the site and get a confirmed order on the webpage, but never got the email? I thought I was crazy until a friend said he did the same thing.

PWND!!

omnibus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages omnibus

Don't forget that it won't work until you figure out the battery box and remove the cardboard card that prevents wasting batteries. It's packed in a blister pack and I don't think anyone could push the buttons anyway. The three strap pieces are definitely a pain to attach.

stevieg123 wrote:Mine just arrived. As a previous poster mentioned, there are no instructions. I was able to get the battery compartment open and closed, but it's a bit flimsy and I'm guessing this will break after a few battery changes... which will kill the product.

The head band comes in three parts. I'm sure it won't be that hard to figure out, but it is amazing that they don't give you any instructions. Bush league.

mrbulldog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrbulldog

I just got mine today and the red led in the back is On and wont turn off. Worked for all of 1 minute and broke I guess.

truckING otterific.
Wont woot again, thats for sure.

hemojr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hemojr

Are there instructions? Pushing green the buttons does nothing. How do you change the batteries?

bamrambo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bamrambo

Wanted to thank you for the instructions on the battery compartment. Now that I've got the cardboard out it works fine. Thanks!!

chaswill wrote:Mine arrived yesterday! I'm just down the road from Woot W.H.Q., so things don't have to travel far. There are no instructions in the package, so it took a little experimentation to figure out how to open the battery compartment. If you hold the battery pak with the Remington logo facing you (the cord will be on right side), press down on the left end and twist the top away from you, and it will pop off. Getting it back on is a little more difficult, but once you get the feel for it, it's not tough. Have fun getting the head bands on; they're a snug fit in those little plastic clips.

clancemasterj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages clancemasterj

Just got mine. It make my hair look weird and parted.

inc0gnito

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inc0gnito

Mine arrived today. It seems a little stupid that it didn't come with at least a small instruction card indicating how to change the batteries (or to remove the cardboard from the battery compartment). Once I found out how to get the battery compartment open it worked great and I'll definitely be getting a lot of use out of it. And as a previous poster mentioned, the straps were a real b!%ch to get on too, but that's a minor nitpick.

chaswill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chaswill
uojfe wrote:Yes, on the front the intensity is amazing. I was hoping the back red flashing LED would be bright as well; but it's not bright enough for safe biking.

Yeah, you're right. The rear LED doesn't seem very bright. I will have to take it out on the street and see how the visibility is under real conditions.

boats343

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boats343

I never received it. RIPPED OFF!!! Dam# you, Woot.

omnibus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages omnibus

I wouldn't be surprised if someone in the production facility realized that they had forgotten to include instructions.

Considering that Woot sold 9000 of them I'm assuming that it was cheaper to sell them to woot as distressed merchandise rather than break open all the blister packs to insert instructions.