crowsnest

quality posts: 53 Private Messages crowsnest
rienke wrote:It's a coalition of all manliest states. It's actually illegal to buy these in this country. The law also states you must never lift the toilet seat up, eat nothing but steak, and change channels using a throwing knife.

hell yeah.....I'm all in!

@crowsnest531

ichabod23

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ichabod23

I have a Prius. It has a ~$4,700 inverter connected to the 12v that routinely gets fried by supposedly smart people accidentally reversing polarity. I'm also supposedly smart but I'm in for 1 because it's cheap insurance for some expensive gear.

mavent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mavent

I bought one because I got that woot coupon everyone else got, and needed new jumper cables.

I know the order, and how to read red from black, just needed new cables, and 10 dollars shipped is a pretty good deal even for The Strangers (2008) cables....

dforte40

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dforte40

I'm giong to need to use these cables to wake me up for the worst second day of woot ever!

imanotherstory

quality posts: 8 Private Messages imanotherstory
atifsiddiqi1 wrote:in for 1.

woohooo first woot post!

Thanks for taking one for the team

garyoa1

quality posts: 11 Private Messages garyoa1
dontwantaname wrote:You saw nothing

I'm not really here

I seem to remember... two men in black...

Wudooeyeno?

JustPaulPez

quality posts: 3 Private Messages JustPaulPez

Kippy, Crowsnest, Everybody else!!
Howdy - busy with work but trying to peek in now and then! How goes the w00t-off?

I might need to buy a couple of these jumper cables!

I refuse to waste any more time trying to have a better past!

Jennay781

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jennay781

the photo of the blonde on the box sold me...if she can do it, i can do it

zorrex

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zorrex
lapoltba wrote:I shall correct myself....

Assuming:
100A
12 feet of cable (two legs)
70 degrees F ambient
Aluminum wire
12VDC

The voltage at the other end of these cables is only 9.48V

With a proper set of 4 gauge copper cables that comes to 11.4V

This doesnt sound like a big deal, but when your sensitive electronic computers that manage your engine require a steady 12V (or 5V) supply to operate, this can cause problems.

A running car will usually push out about 14v from the alternator, not 12v, so by your math, we'd get closer to 11.1v at the other end.

Burning-Chrome

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Burning-Chrome
smismiles wrote:jumper cables for women

_Exactly_ Getting one for my wife's car!

Gnomercy

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Gnomercy
rienke wrote:It's a coalition of all manliest states. It's actually illegal to buy these in this country. The law also states you must never lift the toilet seat up, eat nothing but steak, and change channels using a throwing knife.

I approve of this post.

Also ammendments state that you must never ask directions or be able to find anything in plain view.

Razta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Razta
brmacy wrote:I wish this woot would stick around. I could use these. I could also use a paycheck... That would help in attaining these.

Hey look! http://www.woot.com/jobs.aspx

• Too much to list

sightpicture

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sightpicture
taxman57 wrote:Thanks for clearing that up

or you can use a site like bagsofcrap. (they have it figured out)

My favorite items:
  • Ooma Telo VoIP Home Phone System - 01/12/2012
  • Roku HD-XR Player - 9/9/2010
  • iRobot Scooba Floor Washing Robot - 9/3/2010
  • USB Powered Woot-Off Lights - 8/19/2010
  • SiliconDust HDHomeRun 7/30/2010
  • Random Crap - 6/24/2010
  • Screaming Monkey with Woot Cape 4/28/2010
  • Euro-Pro Shark Multi-Vac 2/18/2010
  • iRobot Roomba 530 - 11/2/2009
First item:
  • Microsoft Bluetooth Optical Desktop Elite 4/19/05

Arkie123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Arkie123
cobraman61 wrote:Now,now,what about the people that are color blind,they could connect the wrong connectors,and BAMMMMMMMMMM they blow up with there battery,all that blood and gore,making me hungry for a pizza!!

That's why there are the "+" and "-" pictographs.

SNARF!

crowsnest

quality posts: 53 Private Messages crowsnest
whosgotmyusername wrote:I had been waiting for Crow to post a picture of a cat involved with jumper cables... I guess this is as close as we're going to get (YES - that is a challenge)

Thats what i was going for!!!

@crowsnest531

orubin

quality posts: 7 Private Messages orubin

[quote postid="4092203" user="mavent"... I got that woot coupon everyone else got...[/quote]

Hmmm, bought a number of Woots, but never got any coupon. Did this come in email? Maybe my SPAM word sieve ate it!

1stgenrex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1stgenrex

in for 1. First woot...I feel dirty, and sad that it wasn't something more otterific, but the wife could use these...

mike5780267

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mike5780267

I'm quite happy with my 'dumb' 4ga jumper cables. I've never had an issue jumping my or other vehicles.

Jumping a car isn't exactly difficult.
Good as a backup/emergency or for someone who has no idea what they're doing I guess.

kippyj

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kippyj
crowsnest wrote:What up kippy!!! where ya been......ME....on probation!

Hey, crow! It's been a rough summer.

Today, though, I've been laying on a heating pad most of the day. I pulled a muscle.

What did you do to get put on probation???

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

orubin

orubin wrote:Hmmm, bought a number of Woots, but never got any coupon. Did this come in email? Maybe my SPAM word sieve ate it!

Never mind. There it is, in my SPAM box. SIGH!

lapoltba

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lapoltba
zorrex wrote:A running car will usually push out about 14v from the alternator, not 12v, so by your math, we'd get closer to 11.1v at the other end.

Yup, and that's still not enough to charge/top up/refresh a 12V battery.

nymetsfan1226

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nymetsfan1226
garyoa1 wrote:I seem to remember... two men in black...

I've crapped 6 times!

spacemart

quality posts: 15 Private Messages spacemart

they should be called charging cables. no way are these thick enough to carry juice to start a car with no battery, or a completely dead one that won't hold a charge.

PKMartini

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PKMartini

Woot must have a ton of these

orubin

lapoltba wrote:Yup, and that's still not enough to charge/top up/refresh a 12V battery.

You are not trying to charge or top up. You just want to start the car. That is why jumping works. Then your own car will charge it as you drive. Have you never done this before?

sdc100

quality posts: 508 Private Messages sdc100
bfackrell wrote:Can someone help me? I clicked the ‘permalink’ link in the upper right corner of someones post and nothing happed. I was just curious to see what would happen.

This can’t be good...I’m scared.

That means that your two accounts are permanently linked. You'll have ti get the other person''s permission to unlink.

Just kidding Here is the real answer

novah1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages novah1

bought these in a woot a few weeks back, they did not come with a bag like someone asked about.

El Marko

quality posts: 8 Private Messages El Marko
AGoldeneagle wrote:Maybe I am Red and Black Color Blind.

Nobody is black colorblind and still able to see . . . and if you're blind, all you "see" is black.

kippyj

bfackrell wrote:If you’re talking about my comments; they are really all about spicing things up in the bedroom with my wife. But, since woot doesn't like my choice of words (or relationship enhancing toys) it may sound like I'm just trying to burn off my wife’s artificial leg.

I wasn't referring to you, but that just made my comment funnier to me...think about it... ;)

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

californiablue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages californiablue

On the rest of the internets, these cables are going for anywhere from $12 to $42. That would seem suspicious if my generation still had any critical thinking abilities.

mansonribs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mansonribs

This junk is taking forever, it's a good thing I am super bored.

csc03c

quality posts: 0 Private Messages csc03c
dpwellman wrote:"Change the poles from plus to minus and from minus to plus!"

IT....COULD....WORK!!!

JustPaulPez

kippyj wrote:Hey, crow! It's been a rough summer.

Today, though, I've been laying on a heating pad most of the day. I pulled a muscle.

What did you do to get put on probation???

Couldn't have been an off-color photo, could it?

Superllama7

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Superllama7

If you need jumper cables, as I did last time, these will do. Woot on, people!

kippyj

rienke wrote:By this logic: Wyoming, West Virginia, and Alabama are the manliest states in the united states of amenica.

Or they all drive stickshifts and can push start or park on a hill.

sdc100

quality posts: 508 Private Messages sdc100
bfackrell wrote:Can someone help me? I clicked the ‘permalink’ link in the upper right corner of someones post and nothing happed. I was just curious to see what would happen.

This can’t be good...I’m scared.

I was kidding in my previous reply about your two accounts being permanently linked.

Permalink stores the message's location in your Cut-and-Paste buffer. You can then use the link to refer to the post again. If you use a normal page link, it'll just go to the webpage where the original post is. But being that there are lots of posts, it would be hard to find the post you want. Permalink not only takes you to the page, but it will also jump to the message thats on that page.

Try it out. Go to a post you want Permalinked. Put your cursor over the Permalink and Left-Click. Look for an option like "Copy link location." Click on it and the Permalink is now stored in your buffer. Now go to your webbrowser and press Ctrl-V to paste the link. When you press Enter, you'll be taken to the originalo post.

nycspeeder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nycspeeder

uhhhhh... this is pretty stupid

JASON

brmacy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brmacy
Razta wrote:Hey look! http://www.woot.com/jobs.aspx

Paycheck arriving tomorrow, already have a job. A day late and a dollar short I suppose.

JustPaulPez

kippyj wrote:I wasn't referring to you, but that just made my comment funnier to me...think about it... ;)

Agreed! How's the back? Feeling any better?

sevendeuceoffsuit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sevendeuceoffsuit

I guess you were talking about me. I didn't realize I hated my wife until now.