shawnmiller

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shawnmiller

So how about today's Wootcast, hunh? This thread is for talking about it and all the ways in which it bored, offended, annoyed or otherwise failed to entertain us. Here, I'll kick off the discussion: WORST. WOOTCAST. EVER.

abramokids

quality posts: 16 Private Messages abramokids

Rest in peace Podcasts

Magiciandude

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Magiciandude

This Wootcast was a Wootcast.

chris12345

quality posts: 25 Private Messages chris12345

This'll be in addition to audio podcasts Tuesday through Friday, right?

Portions of this comment have been redacted.

Gendreavus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Gendreavus

So...Out of curiosity, which department is it that's moving into my backyard for me to heckle and harass until they put me on their payroll just to stay at home?

EricH14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EricH14

When you get to Seattle, you shouldn't cross the street if there's a red light because they're real fussy about that there.

dand2400

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dand2400

Is Woot closing all their St Louis Offices? If so, will Missouri residents still have to pay sales tax on purchases?

zyadamec

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zyadamec

You will be missed here in STL.

Good luck and enjoy the rain!

SBCJester21

quality posts: 9 Private Messages SBCJester21

Hooray for Mortimer & Monte! But today's w00t-vidcast begs the question...

Who the hell is shawnmiller?? Judging from his 24 other posts, he's a programmer for w00t. So I have to wonder why he didn't just clone himself as Matthew so us peons wouldn't know the difference?

Has Matthew been absorbed into the collective?

Did Matthew ever really exist?

Has our perception of Matthew really just been a dream?

Am I dreaming now?

If I am because I w00t, what if w00t doesn't really exist? Do I cease to exist?

what if... hey look, Mortimer & Monte are on my computer screen. Cool!

bravo6

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bravo6

I don't know if you guys are aware, but I could actually see the puppeteers hands in a few of the shots, sort of took away from the realism, just FYI.

mattschuette

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mattschuette

Staff

SBCJester21 wrote:
Who the hell is shawnmiller??

Has Matthew been absorbed into the collective?

Did Matthew ever really exist?

Oh man, the gig is up Shawn. They found out about the MatthewBot...

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew
chris12345 wrote:This'll be in addition to audio podcasts Tuesday through Friday, right?

It'll be instead. Read all about it here!

joshmonkey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages joshmonkey
EricH14 wrote:When you get to Seattle, you shouldn't cross the street if there's a red light because they're real fussy about that there.

This is good to know: I have been wondering why people are standing still at intersections with no cars anywhere in sight.

I'm recently transplanted from NYC (via St. Louis), where the signs are more like suggestions, and it's more or less a given that you'll probably need to disobey them to get where you're going (or survive, in some cases).

luvmybears

quality posts: 0 Private Messages luvmybears

what the mess

jremmes

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jremmes

Actually, I just moved to Seattle from Texas too. I lived in DFW for a long time and then moved to Austin, then to Seattle back in April. I like the song. hahahaha

Cheers guys and welcome
Johnny

[quote="Mr. Blobby"]The text Mr. Blobby wrote would go here[/quote]

TBest10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TBest10

excellent news. This will lessen the financial burden of stalking Mortimer & Monty from Portland. Maybe you guys could relocate to my backyard, I'd consider it a personal favor. Stalking can be so time consuming...

Geniekid

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Geniekid

Hurray for Monte and Mortimer!!!!!!

girlgeek54

quality posts: 0 Private Messages girlgeek54

Welcome to Washington. Hope you like it here.

Forewarning - we don't want to hear any complaints about the rain. It allows all those gorgeous vampires and werewolves to live here.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
EricH14 wrote:When you get to Seattle, you shouldn't cross the street if there's a red light because they're real fussy about that there.

That seems to vary very much by neighborhood. Parts of downtown and the Central District don't jaywalk, but it doesn't seem to be a problem in, say, Belltown.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

nasch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nasch
bravo6 wrote:I don't know if you guys are aware, but I could actually see the puppeteers hands in a few of the shots, sort of took away from the realism, just FYI.

I think this was even funnier than the actual video!

mnewell

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mnewell

Welcome to Seattle!

Armagedon

quality posts: 106 Private Messages Armagedon
SBCJester21 wrote:Hooray for Mortimer & Monte! But today's w00t-vidcast begs the question...

Who the hell is shawnmiller?? Judging from his 24 other posts, he's a programmer for w00t. So I have to wonder why he didn't just clone himself as Matthew so us peons wouldn't know the difference?

Shawnmiller likes deals.woot more

Deals
Questions

He also is the person to ask when something on deals breaks.

chris12345

quality posts: 25 Private Messages chris12345
matthew wrote:It'll be instead.

Aww, that's disappointing.

Portions of this comment have been redacted.

ppremont

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ppremont

The name is Bel-z-boss

Bring back the 4 O'Clock Flash!!!

ruadog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ruadog
joshmonkey wrote:This is good to know: I have been wondering why people are standing still at intersections with no cars anywhere in sight.

I'm recently transplanted from NYC (via St. Louis), where the signs are more like suggestions, and it's more or less a given that you'll probably need to disobey them to get where you're going (or survive, in some cases).

Same here in Philly. If you wait for the sign to change people wonder what's wrong with you.

I also understand that here on the east coast opposing cars turning left turn in front of each other, but in Seattle they turn left behind each other.

kerneltrap

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kerneltrap

THE CHANGES, I DO NOT LIKE THEM.

=.(....

zerktril

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zerktril

welcome to Seattle, but i got to say even with the high production value of the first wootcast you slacker really could find time to do audio podcast the other 4 days of the week. And when you start selling stuff? I've been logging in for over 4 years to hear the podcast and never noticed, maybe you should have mentioned that once or twice

rileyper

quality posts: 68 Private Messages rileyper

One MAJOR suggestion, can it still be a podcast thats a video podcast, i still want to get some use out of this ipod you sold me :D

dtybursk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dtybursk

Do not like the once-a-week thing.

rwheadon

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rwheadon

You know, the Wootcast is endearing to me in it's own sick little Elmo's World kind of way.

Keep it going, maybe one day we'll see plants and trees, plants and trees...

great, now I have 2 bad songs going through my head.

SBCJester21

quality posts: 9 Private Messages SBCJester21
matthew wrote:It'll be instead. Read all about it here!

Once per week??? Now I have no reason or incentive to stay up until 1am EDT to hear the w00t-cast, except on Mondays. :o(

2pugdogs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2pugdogs

I really liked yesterday's podcast. Todays? Not so much. Looking forward to tomorrow's though.

froggylro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages froggylro

Welcome to Washington be sure to visit us in Wine Country in the Yakima area. I for one am glad you are here. I hope you like our otterific State.

StudsMcgee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages StudsMcgee

Unfortunately, the powers that be decided to block whatever video hosting service you use here at the ol' cubicle farm.

Ergo, I'll hardly be able to watch/listen to these new podcasts.

Unless, you know, I decide to do that on my OWN time....which is likely at some point.

Whatever that video was...I bet it was great or something.

mattschuette

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mattschuette

Staff

StudsMcgee wrote:Unfortunately, the powers that be decided to block whatever video hosting service you use here at the ol' cubicle farm.

It's just Youtube. They'll all be in the official Woot! Youtube channel - http://www.youtube.com/wootchannel.

hackman2007

quality posts: 14 Private Messages hackman2007

That was an interesting video.

I've never really liked the podcast, but this is otterific.

One per week seems to be a good pace too, otherwise I will fall too far behind on everything else.

drgandalf

quality posts: 17 Private Messages drgandalf

I'm glad the warehouse is staying in Texas. If that moved, we wouldn't get any more sweet, sweet Texas air with our Woot! purchases, only some soggy, heavy Seattle air. That would probably make the packages heavier, and if they leaked, it would get our Woots all damp. Who wants a damp monkey?

kimberly4woot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimberly4woot

I cannot wait until the staff at Woot get their hearts crushed by the entities that are called "upper management". Unless you have it in writing, you only THINK the corporate culture will remain the way it was when Woot was just Woot and not Amazon. I worked at a bank where promises were made during a merger and most of them who worked for the bank being bought out either lost their jobs or eventually quit. Not to mention the bitterness of how they were forced to change their mentality compared to the way things used to work.

Some of the people from Woot may have what they call "F.U." money so it won't matter. This is only if Amazon didn't wrap most of that up in the form of stock options. If you have stock options, I hope you have a strike price of $95 or less and not $125 or higher.

I wish you all the best of luck in Seattle. However, I'm not holding my breath for some of you who will eventually lose their jobs because of lack of seniority. Or for those of you who decide to quit because things did not turn out as Amazon had tricked you into believing.

This dose of reality has been brought to you by your Amazon overlords. You had better welcome them!

craigthom

quality posts: 64 Private Messages craigthom

This is disappointing. I listen to podcasts in the car that, you know, get downloaded automatically. The delay means I didn't get the avocado code, but I still like it. I'm not likely to visit the site and click on videos, because that requires both effort and additional time.

There's no Ted Drewes in Seattle, you know.

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew
kimberly4woot wrote:I cannot wait until the staff at Woot get their hearts crushed

Well, that's not very nice.