faughtey

quality posts: 20 Private Messages faughtey

Staff

matthew wrote:Well, that's not very nice.

I'll bet her real name is kimberlynot4woot...

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown

mhenry1384

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mhenry1384
matthew wrote:It'll be instead. Read all about it here!

Noooo!
I can't watch a video and pretend I'm working. But I can listen to audio and pretend I'm working like nobody's business.

Video podcasts OH GOD, THEY CAN SEE ME!!

crowsnest

quality posts: 53 Private Messages crowsnest
matthew wrote:Well, that's not very nice.

Nope. Not very nice at all.

@crowsnest531

enigmachick

quality posts: 6 Private Messages enigmachick

Wow. So much for the quirky, independent, well read, and sometimes defiant Woot from our childhood. Welcome suit-wearing automoton "New and Improved!" Woot. Enjoy your Starbucks.

No. That's not me.

Magiciandude

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Magiciandude

I'm not gonna lie. I kind of miss the podcasts being daily

cappomutato

quality posts: 19 Private Messages cappomutato

As a St. Louisan I was angry to learn that we were losing Woot. But now I see the potential to not pay tax on all my orders... So long, suckers!

yay taco

mdickinson

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdickinson

wait - Woot had an office in _St. Louis????_ Huh? Here I was thinking it was all Texas all the time...

Slydon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

enigmachick wrote:Wow. So much for the quirky, independent, well read, and sometimes defiant Woot from our childhood. Welcome suit-wearing automoton "New and Improved!" Woot. Enjoy your Starbucks.

You used to read the podcast?

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
Slydon wrote:You used to read the podcast?

He also whined when we changed from a newsprint podcast to audio.

meow57

quality posts: 3 Private Messages meow57

My big question is when did Mortimer break his arm...er...I mean...just how many times has he been flung far and wide? Or was it just from using that right arm...so much...doing...um um..you know!

Can it ever be fixed? Or is he just deformed now, like the rest of us? Don't tell me he'll be 'replaced'!

Sorry Mort....we love you!

sgoman5674

quality posts: 41 Private Messages sgoman5674

So when there is a woot-off will there be staff members dancing to the woot-off theme?

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
sgoman5674 wrote:So when there is a woot-off will there be staff members dancing to the woot-off theme?

We usually spend more time crying during woot-offs.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

bhallidayjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhallidayjr

Enjoyed the w00tcast. Very creative and informative. And entertaining. The real question is: how does the staff feel about the move?

Gravity is always on.

cwb0313

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cwb0313

WOW thats 4 mins of my life i cant get back...

deech216

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deech216
mdickinson wrote:wait - Woot had an office in _St. Louis????_ Huh? Here I was thinking it was all Texas all the time...

Uh. Yea. It was a very sneaky, quiet office tucked away off S. Grand over a reasonably decent sushi place. I cannot confirm or deny the niftyness of that office.

I've said too much. I must go now.

Member since 2005. Git off my Lawn!

markzero

quality posts: 12 Private Messages markzero

I didn't think anything could be more otterific than Woot podcasts. I'm so happy to be wrong.

PTOPedro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PTOPedro

and i just got to STL! oh well...hope things go well in Seattle.

georgiaym

quality posts: 0 Private Messages georgiaym

Welcome to Seattle !! The one's comin out here are the lucky ones. *grins* I say to celebrate you ship out some of our Seattle air in the next woot off. If the monkey's need a tour guide for their next woot cast I volenteer !

sh1513

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sh1513

I will miss the podcast too... but this was hysterical... that guy is a genius

crowsnest

quality posts: 53 Private Messages crowsnest
Gatzby wrote:We usually spend more time crying during woot-offs.

COME ON W00T-OFF!

@crowsnest531

kevins87

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevins87

I am definitely digging the idea of a weekly video podcast. Especially for the Mortimer and Monty series, happy snacking, and the idea of the on screen appearances by the podcast team so kudos to the team on those.

But are you seriously intending to use the real actual field tests for the entire week or just as a supplement video for the day the actual product is for sale as you have previously done?

(Yeah I know its a repost but I thought I would have better luck getting my question answered by a staffer here.)

danise73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danise73

Any thing with monkey makes things better. Love the monkeys!!

inkwench

quality posts: 1 Private Messages inkwench
chris12345 wrote:Aww, that's disappointing.

The Woot Podcast going away ends any reason for me to hit Woot daily.

Yeah, the videos are amusing, but not as funny or as useful.

Goodbye Woot and its podcast! You'll be missed.

In inverse and not complete order. Rinfrescante. Pepper Bridge. Saxon Brown. Monkey Prize. Vina Robles. Ty Caton Tytanium (always!). Roshambo. Polyphemus. Donati Family. Poizon. Montinore. Kent Rasumussen. Mumm Napa. Boss Monster. Iron Horse. Albino Rhino. White Zeppelin, Buttonwood Farm, 8-Bit, Ty Caton Racchus, Twas!

strueblood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages strueblood

Personally, I loved the wootcast!!! Kind of reminds me of the good ole days with Mr. Bill in Saturday night live. My only hope is that everyone treats Mortimer and Monte better than Mr. Bill!

TweeWoot

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TweeWoot

I can't get the "Moving to Seattle" song out of my head. I'm still singing it.

Must... think... of... something... else...

We're moving to Seattle...

Dang it!

bibbly76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bibbly76

be the Seatle...ite. Novella Novena or some other type of thing...maybe a voice coach. We can still hear the monekey accent buddy. Hate to hear of you on Walter Cronkite's show, that news thing never turns off, well. So many celebs think just putting your hands in front of the camera is enough, let me tell you it's not if you hope to score some coin to buy coffee with.

mrbarister

quality posts: 30 Private Messages mrbarister

So if Woot is leaving St. Louis, does this mean that Missouri residents won't have to pay sales tax anymore on Woot purchases?

brucel2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brucel2

"Movin' from St. Louie, movin' from St. Louie, no more toasted ravioli or butter cakes so gooey"... it's good to know the Snapster & Co. haven't lost track of their roots...

aferg1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aferg1

WELCOME TO SEATTLE!

May I just mention that I'm in real estate (just in case you'll be looking to buy) . . .

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

I just love Mortimer's gimpy, dangling arm. It doesn't seem to affect his quality of life. You go, um... monkey!

Oh yeah, and the micro Sony Vaio case color sample from the in-store displays. I wonder where they ripped that off?

perf1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perf1

Just to be sure...

We won't see Matthew or Shawn in the video podcasts RIGHHHHTTTTT???

Just the wOOt monkeys, okay.

I don't think my stomach can take looking at real ppl in a wOOt video podcast.

SBCJester21

quality posts: 9 Private Messages SBCJester21
perf1 wrote:Just to be sure...

We won't see Matthew or Shawn in the video podcasts RIGHHHHTTTTT???

Just the wOOt monkeys, okay.

I don't think my stomach can take looking at real ppl in a wOOt video podcast.

commence with the vomiting.

aferg1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aferg1
ruadog wrote:...

I also understand that here on the east coast opposing cars turning left turn in front of each other, but in Seattle they turn left behind each other.

Huh? Where dat? I've never seen such a thing.

gmartell

quality posts: 10 Private Messages gmartell

After watching the video, the move to Washington State makes perfect sense. It's only a short drive to the Canadian Border where the writers can get their prescriptions filled cheap.

BensonM

quality posts: 18 Private Messages BensonM
aferg1 wrote:Huh? Where dat? I've never seen such a thing.

Yeah. I'd think that would be crumpled metal chaos in a hurry, especially with the odd out-of-towner... vid or it didn't happen!

StudsMcgee wrote:Unfortunately, the powers that be decided to block whatever video hosting service you use here at the ol' cubicle farm.

So what's the official woot!stance on piracy, specifically if someone were to rip the wootcast and upload the video elsewhere for all those downtrodden workin'men who share studsmcgee's plight? (OTOH, that may not help -- I suppose most places blocking youtube also block most filesharing sites...)

wooters.us FTW!

Big Ogre Cudgels!
2009 Nov 19
2009 May 15

tbq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tbq

Since Amazon now owns Woot, we have to pay sales tax on all Woot orders thanks to being in Washington. Any chance that the warehouse will be moving too, so that we can get awesomely fast shipping as compensation for our more expensive wooting?

faleentoby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages faleentoby

I dont know who writes and or sings these songs, but they are quite inventive and cute. But, no, dont be offended, i dont want to purchase the CD.

panthiest

quality posts: 17 Private Messages panthiest
shawnmiller wrote:WORST. WOOTCAST. EVER.

How am I ever going to make my millions if you took away my weekly million dollar ideas?