BonoMan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages BonoMan
hcsencsi wrote:Hey, all,

I've counted two letters, but saw a post where another wooter stated three.

I am not sure if I can count past two, so if anyone has real stats (user names would help, something about fledermaus sticks in my head) it would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
hcsencsi

I've only counted 1 so far? Who had the second one?

Also I'm anxiously awaiting my bag. Still sitting at the closed Post Office. Damn you Christopher Columbus! Damn youuuuuuu!

Swayde

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Swayde

Yay my lost box was delivered to someone else on my street and she was kind enough to bring it to my house today!

It had ...

15 Texas Air Packets
6 2010 Jumble Word Calendars
3 Gold's Gym Fitness Bags
3 Solar Rechargeable Stations (2 different kinds)
1 Screaming Monkey with Black & White Cape, Works!
1 Kids size 10 T-Shirt
1 Really ugly WeSC DJ Bag Pipe Orange Headphones that work, the description on the back of the box is pretty funny to read. These apparently retail for $100+

1 Also ugly set of WeSC headphones that only works on 1 side, but has an extension cord that can be used on any headset and works. These retail for around $50 if it was fully functional

It was fun going through the box and trying to figure out what everything was. My husband, who wouldn't let me take a picture, looked absolutely ridiculous trying on the headsets and testing them! We all LOVE the little screaming monkey and I am thrilled we got a working one. I always wanted one, but hubby wouldn't let me just order one. This Baggie of Cthulhu was much more varied and exciting then my last one. I will definitely be trying to get more in the future!

Lucky Purchaser of 3 Random Craps...
4/1/2011
9/22/2010
8/20/2010

jamina1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jamina1
smelonas wrote:I got a DYSON Ball vacuum cleaner!! And a monkey. Not bad, I guess.

Damn, you lucky!

FINALLY GOT A Bucket of Candycorn ON 9/22/10!

BigRedDogATL

quality posts: 24 Private Messages BigRedDogATL
BigRedDogATL wrote:Received my 14 lb. Box Of Calendars and it had the common items:

6x Jumble Calendar
3x Golds Gym Bags
1x Woot Screaming Monkey with leopard cape
1x Woot Kids size 10 t-shirt

and the unique item was a 14 piece Cuisinart Grill Set in a metal case. The metal case was bent and malformed, so it makes it impossible to regift this, but it does sell for just over $30 on Amazon.

I totally forgot to list the $20 Omaha Steaks Gift Reward Card included with the Cuisinart Grill Set. (It should be good for at least one or two hamburgers).

timmyg123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timmyg123

I love those orange headphones.

Swayde

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Swayde
timmyg123 wrote:I love those orange headphones.

I guess we all have different taste =) I think they are the ugliest things ever, but my husband says they sound great and he's claimed them =)

Lucky Purchaser of 3 Random Craps...
4/1/2011
9/22/2010
8/20/2010

editorkid

quality posts: 91 Private Messages editorkid

I am not sure if I can count past two, so if anyone has real stats (user names would help, something about fledermaus sticks in my head) it would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
hcsencsi

Letters are tracked in the Wootbot post's list of quality posts at the top of the first page. It looks like there have been two so far.

We don't know if everyone who gets a letter reports it here, of course. With well over 1 million registered site members, 3000 bags, and an unknown percentage of forum users, there's no definitive way to know how many letters are sent per bag short of a Woot! staffer telling us.

weenie111

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weenie111
Good43 wrote:3x Golds Gym bags
3x 2010 Music Trivia Calendars
1x Screaming Monkey
1x Kids Woot.shirt (taco cat)

I can truly say that the wait was better than the carp.

Taco cat shirt is a classic in my book! I love the confused looks I get when I wear mine. Great score!

boecam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages boecam

Waiting on my Baggie of Cthulhu ... Shipping says 12.8 lbs? What could it be?

dersimden

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dersimden

3x Gym bag
6x Jumble calendar game
1x Kids' shirt
1x Screaming monkey
1x Acer netbook accessory kit (external DVD, wireless mouse, netbook case)

Thanks WOOT!

Still a GO!

bobbyshawatl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bobbyshawatl
boecam wrote:Waiting on my Baggie of Cthulhu ... Shipping says 12.8 lbs? What could it be?

Calendars? (just a guess...)

terraguy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages terraguy

Just got my Baggie of Cthulhu today!

-16 bags of Texas Air
-6 2010 Jumble calendars
-1 2010 Fact or Crap calendar
-1 Screaming Monkey (!)
-1 Christmas sweater shirt, women's large
-3 Gold Gym tote bags
-1 Nishika 3D camera

The most interesting find was that 3D camera. Comes from 1992, and needs 35mm film. Ooh boy, gonna have to scrounge up some of those old film canisters.

Oh wait, there's almost nowhere that can process photos like these anymore. Guess that's not going to work....

manofrust

quality posts: 8 Private Messages manofrust
terraguy wrote:The most interesting find was that 3D camera. Comes from 1992, and needs 35mm film. Ooh boy, gonna have to scrounge up some of those old film canisters.

People have been getting some weird old stuff.

Seems like woot! really cleaned out the back closet for this Baggie of Cthulhu. Or else they pieced together a time machine out of random Sansa parts and have been testing it out.

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

getcrunked926

quality posts: 0 Private Messages getcrunked926

Has anyone had a problem with Fedex changing the shipping weight? Mine went from 13.4 to 9.6 and all under their care... and when I called to ask why my weight had lowered they had nooo idea.

Courtany

bobbyshawatl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bobbyshawatl
manofrust wrote:People have been getting some weird old stuff.

Seems like woot! really cleaned out the back closet for this Baggie of Cthulhu. Or else they pieced together a time machine out of random Sansa parts and have been testing it out.

I agree. This has been one of the most fun, unique Bags Of Crap that I've seen (recently... I've only been on Woot for a year). While, almost everybody got the same couple of items, almost everyone had a unique, and pretty cool item included in their bag. It's been really fun reading through to see what unique stuff has been in all the bags.

I'm REALLY curious what will end up in the Pallets of Crap that the letter recipients will get based on the coolness of this whole bag sale!

LEM-

quality posts: 147 Private Messages LEM-
getcrunked926 wrote:Has anyone had a problem with Fedex changing the shipping weight? Mine went from 13.4 to 9.6 and all under their care... and when I called to ask why my weight had lowered they had nooo idea.

Not a problem, really, just a routine operation. The original weight is not always correct... This should answer all your questions about FedEx SmartPost ins and outs.

LEM-

terraguy wrote:
The most interesting find was that 3D camera. Comes from 1992, and needs 35mm film. Ooh boy, gonna have to scrounge up some of those old film canisters.

Oh wait, there's almost nowhere that can process photos like these anymore. Guess that's not going to work....

A few craps ago they've been pouring those cameras in by a dozen... I then posted this little do it yourself guide to dealing with the resulting rolls... See if you may be able to try it at home!

curtis62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curtis62

Yea! After spending the weekend in Atlanta, the box of calendars has finally left the warehouse. Looks like it'll be here on Wednesday after all.

Stats: 30.8 lbs, in a 27x27x8 box.

whcodered

quality posts: 11 Private Messages whcodered

Got mine!

6x Jumble 2010 Calendar Games
3x Gold's Gym Fitness Totes
1x Screaming Monkey
1x Pair of used and dirty Klipsch speakers. No cables, so not sure how I'm going to see if they work
1x Kids Size 10 http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=25024

Not bad for a $3 Baggie of Cthulhu.

bubba5478

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bubba5478

Baggie of Cthulhu went from 11.7lbs to 8.4lbs. Hopefully the delivery man doesn't let anymore of my loot fall off the truck.

Due 10/14

cmangel518

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cmangel518

Here's to hoping that I'm not disappointed tomorrow when my 5.3lb Baggie of Cthulhu is delivered! So many otterific goodies are coming in the bigger boxes. Yes, bigger seems to be better!

I've lost track of all of useless/useful items I've purchased since April 09, 2007.

mikebbass

quality posts: 20 Private Messages mikebbass

Sincerely,
hcsencsi

I thought Lem got a letter too
http://www.woot.com/forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4179878

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

1. Bags Of Crap
  2. The Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/2014
  3. Big ol' Catapult 7/11/2014
  4. (Hand)Big ol' Catapult 3/23/2014
  5. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
  6. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
  7. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
  8. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
  9. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12
  10. in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
  11. feliz-crapleanos 7/12/12
  12. who-smell-just-like-you 7/12/12
  13. not-exactly-a-goodie-bag 7/12/12
  14. Barrel of Crops 05/22/12
  15. Barrel of Crops 04/25/12
  16. Big ol' Catapult 03/22/12
  17. Big ol' Catapult 01/19/12
  18. Santa's Sack of Crap 12/25/11
  19. Big ol' Catapult 12/06/11
  20. Big ol' Catapult 11/09/11
  21. Big ol' Catapult 07/12/11
  22. Big ol' Catapult 06/15/11
  23. Random Crap 09/22/10
  24. Random Crap 08/20/10
  25. Random Crap 04/14/10
  26. Random Crap 01/28/10
  27. Random Crap 09/24/08
  28. Random Crap 04/01/08

btindall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages btindall
mikebbass wrote:I thought Lem got a letter too
http://www.woot.com/forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4179878

He has a quantity of 0 next to that

mikebbass

btindall wrote:He has a quantity of 0 next to that

Oh you are right I see it now. Sorry

1. Bags Of Crap
  23. Random Crap 09/22/10
  24. Random Crap 08/20/10
  25. Random Crap 04/14/10
  26. Random Crap 01/28/10
  27. Random Crap 09/24/08
  28. Random Crap 04/01/08

TiHara

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TiHara

I wonder if Woot would consider using someone besides FedEx? They lost two different orders from this Woot Off and now they have my Baggie of Cthulhu in Orlando. It's been there since Friday, but they did take it out for a couple of hours today, before bringing it back to Orlando. I only live 90 miles away, but it looks like it is going to take 5 days to get here from there.

Arrived at FedEx location
FEDEX SMARTPOST ORLANDO, FL
Oct 8, 2010 10:57 AM

Shipment information sent to U.S. Postal Service
Oct 8, 2010 3:43 PM

Departed FedEx location
FEDEX SMARTPOST ORLANDO, FL
Oct 11, 2010 12:00 AM

Oct 11, 2010 7:05 PM
Arrived at FedEx location
ORLANDO, FL

diefldrmas

quality posts: 4 Private Messages diefldrmas
babalooo wrote:Congrats on the letter! Man, I want your shirt!

Dude I want your apple shirt, this is not being covetous it is just the Apple geek leaking out. Congrats on the letter by the way.

LEM-

mikebbass wrote:Oh you are right I see it now. Sorry

I can't believe somebody actually fell for this! So my effort didn't go unnoticed then!

P.S. Congrats to actual letter recipients, by the way! Waiting patiently to hear what is coming your way!

mmikelst

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmikelst

So, I opened up my 18lb basket of chickens (though it didn't feel like 18lbs, but I have no way to weigh it).

Contents!
1 X Kids size 10 glow in the dark shirt with motorcycle (fortunately fits my girlfriend)
1 X Flying woot monkey with yellow cape (yay!)
6 X Jumble calendars (soon to be re-gifted to unsuspecting victims)
3 X Gold's Gym bag
1 X Cyber Acoustics 2.1 speaker system, base of one tweeter broken (though reglueable), small chip on woofer. Box pretty badly hammered, obviously opened, but functional!

Pretty happy with my first bundle of calamari:D

diefldrmas

diefldrmas wrote:Dude I want your apple shirt, this is not being covetous it is just the Apple geek leaking out. Congrats on the letter by the way.

Found the apple shirt on ebay, still not as cool as getting it in a bushel of cashews.

diefldrmas

ybstuk wrote:Not really picture-worthy, but a good grab none-the-less for my 11th Bandoleer of Carrots!

6-High School Musical alarm clocks
3-Gold's Gym bags
1-Woot monkey with blue camo cape
1-Kids woot tee size 8 (looks like size 5)
1-Proform Combo Heart Monitor watch with chest strap.

I was super excited about the watch, until I tried using it and it "reset" everything when i tried to read my heart rate.

Oh well - Still worth every penny! Thanks woot! Now going for #12!

Be careful of that watch that resets "everything" because that may be followed by the line"He's dead Jim"

hcsencsi

quality posts: 13 Private Messages hcsencsi
editorkid wrote:Letters are tracked in the Wootbot post's list of quality posts at the top of the first page. It looks like there have been two so far.

Thanks, that's perfect. And I understand the caveat that we only know what wooters post, there may be lurkers who don't even know there's a forum....

Booger Face

grasshopperjonez

quality posts: 9 Private Messages grasshopperjonez
LayneRobinson wrote:According to my Word Jumble Puzzle-a-Day 2010 calendar, today is Monday January 18th. Of course, I can probably get a few more days worked before I go home. My goal is to catch up to "today" before the calendar runs out. I have to work them in order and the only help I'm allowed is looking up definitions of words (to prove they are real).

It's funny you say you are on that particular date, as I am as well. Though, I am trying to find a good paper airplane design that will work for the Challenge.
I gave a calendar to a friend at work and challenged her to catch up before the years end. Lets see you beat her, she is good at word games.

Your friendly neighborhood GrassHopper

kogaku

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kogaku
conelson wrote:6 - EA Sports head sets(Does anyone know where I can purchase the cords that connect those EA Sports NFL Headsets to your xbox 360 controller?)

If that is (or is like) the Motorola Xbox headset others have been getting, I can tell you that it uses a single cable, which has a 3-contact earphone plug on one end, and a 4-contact earphone plug on the other end.

The 4-contact plug goes into the headset, and the moulded plastic housing on the plug is keyed to ensure that only the correct plug will fit.

The little (sort of) triangular/semicircular plastic adapter that comes with it is what plugs into the Xbox.

I do not have an Xbox -- I bought three of these during a normal Woot sale, for use with our phones. They work great with any cordless phone or cell phone that uses a standard "narrow earphone jack" (which seems to be most phones I've seen).

if you don't have that cable, your best bet would IMO be to find someone with a defective headset, or, find someone who is competent with a soldering pencil, and have that person permanently connect a standard (30-contact) cable to the headset. The only advantage to being able to remove the cable from the headset is to make it easier to replace. This is a questionable benefit if you can't easily obtain replacement cables -- even moreso given the fact that it's easier to LOSE a cable that easily unplugs from the headset.

Of course, you might want to contact Motorola to see what they charge for a replacement cable, or, check ebay every so often -- or, wait until Woot sells these again, then buy a few (I think they only charged two or three bucks each), and keep THIS one (that you just got) for a spare.

I would not have given you so much boring wordage if not for the fact that these really are very nice headsets -- they are very comfortable to wear and have excellent audio quality, and a better than average boom microphone.

mikebbass

LEM- wrote:I can't believe somebody actually fell for this! So my effort didn't go unnoticed then!

P.S. Congrats to actual letter recipients, by the way! Waiting patiently to hear what is coming your way!

Yeah I am just that gullible, and to top it off I fell for the one below it as well (the bag from The Book of Eli) I am a Woot sucker. wait that didnt sound right....

1. Bags Of Crap
  23. Random Crap 09/22/10
  24. Random Crap 08/20/10
  25. Random Crap 04/14/10
  26. Random Crap 01/28/10
  27. Random Crap 09/24/08
  28. Random Crap 04/01/08

teener1416

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teener1416

who got the letters and does anyone know what the weight of the letter packages were?

ubettergo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ubettergo
teener1416 wrote:who got the letters and does anyone know what the weight of the letter packages were?

diefldrmas and sgaliano1 received letters...neither posted weights

diefldrmas wrote:Okay well unboxed my Baggie of Cthulhu:

This is my first Baggie of Cthulhu

20 plus things of texas air
1 ritchie cunningham action figure
1 bat plane model kit
1 brown bag to hold the above with question mark
3 woot monkeys
1 size 4 kids woot shirt
1 paper vermont placemat
1 empty beta tape case.
1 groupon head band
1 magazines.com tote bag.
1 note from woot saying something is coming that will not fit in the box.

sgaliano1 wrote:I received my Beautiful Ocean Cabana today

• 1 Woot superfly monkey
  • 2 G.I. Joe Action Figures
  • 1 "Runaway" movie on Beta
  • 1 Carter Bloodcare Tote bag
  • 1 Random photgraph of a couple on vacation
  • 1 Groupon headband
  • 1 Vermont Map
  • 1 "The Cool Place for Hot deals" Notebook case
  • 1 Voice Activated light up Apple shirt
  • 1 "I hug for food" baby shirt
  • 1 BACtrack Alcohol Detector
  • 1 Safedrive Personal Alcohol Detector
  • 1 Empty box from Breitling Eagles
  • 1 Used Marble calendar holder??
  • 1 Happy Holidays card from Woot Stating my last item could not fit in the box

sgaliano1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sgaliano1
teener1416 wrote:who got the letters and does anyone know what the weight of the letter packages were?

I received the Letter. the weight of my Beautiful Ocean Cabana was 8.9 lbs but I haven't received anything else about my second package.

Are people usually notified after they receive The Letter or is it a surprise when it would be coming?

secretagentman02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages secretagentman02

I don't usually post my results, but I couldn't help it!

Contents:
1 X Kids size 4 S'morse code shirt (came with bits of cardboard on it - bonus!)
1 X Flying woot monkey with leopard print cape (finally got one ;))
6 X 2010 Jumble calendars (heavy little buggers)
3 X Gold's Gym bag (in a sub-box - the recursion is baffling)
1 X 2-hole canvas belt (like this one, but in black), approx. 30 inches
2 X The Backyard Bunch Spray Nozzles (1 X Buzzby, 1 X Webster)

Would buy again. A+++++.

-Lurker Extraordinaire

bloomd

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bloomd
sgaliano1 wrote:I received the Letter. the weight of my Beautiful Ocean Cabana was 8.9 lbs but I haven't received anything else about my second package.

Are people usually notified after they receive The Letter or is it a surprise when it would be coming?

If you're getting a Pallet of Crap, or a big-screen TV, the delivery company will probably call you to arrange a good time. You might want to private message threepiecewoot...she can probably fill you in.

mfreeman1998

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mfreeman1998

My Beautiful Ocean Cabana
Weight: 9.3 pounds
Dimensions: 24x12x12

6x 2010 Jumble Desk Calendar
3x Gold’s Gym Fitness bags
1x Screaming Monkey with leopard print
1x Kids size 10 woot shirt
1x Belt size 12
1x 4 gig micro camera (looks like a key fob) and works even though box is damaged and has "IC Trash" written on it.

Very cool for my first Beautiful Ocean Cabana!!!

1x Bags of Crap
7x Total Woots
1x Sellout.woot
3x Shirt.woot