4%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

jessiebyrd004

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jessiebyrd004

The reviews are always good for Dysons. Here's the ALatest reviews link.
http://alatest.com/reviews/vacuum-reviews/dyson-dc25/po3-56607090,340/

I do a daily woot blog where I talk about the woot, link to CSEs, find reviews, etc. A few people have told me it's useful. Google "useful linkage" and there it is.

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost

NightGhost

Escotch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Escotch

Got one of these on Black Friday last year, great purchase

dtlb26

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dtlb26

I just bought a vacuum 2 hours earlier. Dunno which is best:

http://www.abt.com/product/47568/LG-LUV200R.html?utm_source=emorderconfirm&utm_+medium+=em&utm_campaign=orderconfirm

wootalyzer wrote:Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Dyson DC25 Upright Ball Vacuum
$279.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

Product List:
- 1 Dyson DC25 Upright Ball Vacuum

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

faughtey

quality posts: 20 Private Messages faughtey

Staff

Is purple the animal?

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown

kenerg

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kenerg

I purchased this previously... being a IT nerd its hard to get me excited about anything that has to do with house cleaning. but!!! I stab this thing. It realy cleans deep into the carpet. its super easy to maintain. definiatly a 10 out of a 10...

eckstea

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eckstea

After Vacuuming with my previous vacuum and only picking up a little, I am sold because then using my parents Dyson ball I ended up having to empty the cannister twice for my 3 bedroom condo. And yes the old vacuum was working properly.

eckstea

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eckstea
dtlb26 wrote:I just bought a vacuum 2 hours earlier. Dunno which is best:

http://www.abt.com/product/47568/LG-LUV200R.html?utm_source=emorderconfirm&utm_+medium+=em&utm_campaign=orderconfirm

The dyson one is better... the pivot wheel makes the difference.

january

quality posts: 41 Private Messages january

Is there a difference between the two besides the color?

NightGhost

oppsie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages oppsie

all floors or animal? Hmm. On the Dyson website purple is animal and yellow is all floors...but who really knows. The difference seems to be the "mini turbine head" accessory.

artoonie

quality posts: 5 Private Messages artoonie

"Quantity Breakdown
* 100% bought 1"

Looks like Woot's suggestion isn't working out too well yet. Let's hope future buys will be closer to but not exactly 3.

StreetlightSpartan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StreetlightSpartan

I wish I had the cash for this. Damn, this thing is sweet!

moggert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages moggert

I've herd its not polite to buy a woman a vacuum cleaner as a gift, BUT at least it will be purple... haha.
Bought one for my mother. Hopefully she will get the hint.

mlpuckett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlpuckett

I had one and I loved it while it worked. Rather than using a belt to drive the beater brush, this vac has a small seperate motor (in the housing in front of the ball) to drive the brush. I learned the hard way that these tend to buttafuoco...

jaamzw

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jaamzw
january wrote:Is there a difference between the two besides the color?

no. same model

redtwo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redtwo
oppsie wrote:all floors or animal? Hmm. On the Dyson website purple is animal and yellow is all floors...but who really knows. The difference seems to be the "mini turbine head" accessory.

That's correct. Mrs. Two used to sell them, and the accessories (and color) are the only differences between the models.

eventhough

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eventhough

Has anyone had experience with a refurb? I'm a little worried about the 6 month warranty. That sounds short to me, especially for a refurb.

mjcurtis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mjcurtis

I am a Dyson addict. I have the DC24 Blueprint model (c/o Woot on 2/24), the DC18 slim, the DC31 and now the DC25.

I know I have a problem yet I cannot help myself. Is there a Dyson Anonymous support line?

What's worse is that I hardly even vacuum.

shadowfist

quality posts: 8 Private Messages shadowfist
january wrote:Is there a difference between the two besides the color?

Yellow is the fastest color, everyone knows that.

kofoto

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kofoto

Dyson's are nice, but don't confuse them as being amongst the best out there. They are the most expensive and have great ads that convince a lot of people to pony up the extra bucks, but i'd recommend checking consumer reports for better unbiased reviews.

In case you don't have a subscription, consumer reports rated this dyson a score of 65 (cleaned carpet "good" and cleaned bare floors "very good"). 21 other upright vacuum cleaners were rated higher (most had higher ratings when cleaning carpet especially). at this price though it does make it more competitive to the other less expensive vacuum cleaners that are typically a couple hundred cheaper (yet rated higher than the dysons). something to consider.

cheroke55

quality posts: 37 Private Messages cheroke55

I remember when they sold the DC17 for $149.99. I bought 2 and sold one for $300. Enough to pay for both...
Woot, what happened to those days?

muse2323

quality posts: 1 Private Messages muse2323

I have a DC25 Animal (the purple one) and love it. Except the hard floor attachment that came with mine--not a fan of that. But for my carpets, I love it.

My mom bought a refurbed DC17 (I think) several years ago from Woot & is still thrilled with it.

NightGhost

Here's the manual.

kofoto

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kofoto
dtlb26 wrote:I just bought a vacuum 2 hours earlier. Dunno which is best:

going off of consumer reports, they're rated about the same with an overall score of 65, so overall, not bad, but there are better units out there than both of these. but in comparison between the dyson and the LG you referenced, the LG is better at cleaning carpet (rated "very good" vs. "good" for the dyson) and is quieter than the dyson, but the dyson is better for handling (via the ball is my guess, the dyson is rated "very good" vs. "fair" for the LG) and also for pet hair ("excellent" vs. "very good" for the LG). not a big difference really. depends on whats more important to you i guess.

yoshihama

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yoshihama

I've owned a variety of vacuums over the years (hoover, rainbow, eureka, etc.) and I have to say that the Dyson ball is by far the best. My caveat is that the only negative I've found is that it can sometimes work TOO well. When they say they don't lose suction, they really mean it. On my old wall-to-wall carpet I started seeing ripples in places over time because the vacuum was pulling so hard on dirt that the carpet was stretching. It's something relatively easy for a carpet person to fix by re-stretching the carpet, but obviously it isn't free. So if you have cheaply laid carpet like I did, be a little extra careful.

jwbaruch515

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwbaruch515
eventhough wrote:Has anyone had experience with a refurb? I'm a little worried about the 6 month warranty. That sounds short to me, especially for a refurb.

i bought two refurb. philips 42inch tv's from woot. and it's been over 2 years and i haven't had any hiccups as of yet. they both run very well that's why i'm now a confident refurbished consumer. i say go for the buy if you want the item

codeccx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages codeccx

i have a refurb dyson ball (purple w/ the "animal hair" attachment). i didnt get it from here and i spent around $300 i think.

i've had it for 8 months maybe and it hasnt given me any problems yet. the refurbs come with a letter saying dyson engineers took it apart piece by piece to clean it. i think it said they put new filters it too.

this seems like a good deal though, if i didnt have one already, i would pick this up.

mlilyquist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mlilyquist

My sis got a refurb Dyson DC25 from woot! over 2 years ago. It works amazingly well, no problems at all. My wife has been kicking me ever since for not getting one for her. Now I won't have to sleep on the couch anymore. Thanks woot!

moggert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages moggert

I am buying an additional 2 year warranty from squretrade. The first year would cost you $38 and the second year is an additional $20. I've bought a warranty from them before so I have a promo code twty20 for 20% off, so a grand total of $49.60 for 2 years.

LastApeMan

quality posts: 18 Private Messages LastApeMan

These are great - for a while.
The only vac that never looses suction. That's the way they advertise these.

I have one, I have two other cheaper vacs as well. Why? Because I have to take the dyson apart - Not just regular apart either, I mean fully down to the ground apart to clean the crap from it so it will operate.

I do not have animals in my house, Just 5 regular people. This it seems is enough to bog this vac down to nearly nothing. It does work great when it's 100%. Just as good as my old orek, my old kirby, and my old hoover. but suprisingly they were all less expensive to me. I say To Me because some folks will pay alot for the same things but if you look around you will find them cheaper.
at any rate - I have closets with vac's in them and I have a dyson ready to be cleaned about 2 times a month.
Funny that these are refurbished, I am thinking they were turned in by consumers that did not feel like cleaning them. LOL the directions do not mention the level of skill you will need to get the thing running again. And they do not mention that this will be happening repeatedly so you will have to remember all the steps you took.
Slander me now - Then get one, when you are doing the things I have mentioned here you can say silently in your mind that I was right and I will hear you. LOL

The coolest part about these is not having to buy bags and other things - when you actually do take it apart - you can just clean teh filters and clear the hoses and get the hair out of teh nasty beater bar and then when you are all done - you can put it back together and Poof! it works great again. no expenses other then your time and frutration. You will need a shower after te experience as well cause it leaves you feeling as if you have just wallered around in the filthy dust and stuff you accumulated for the past week all over your home. Because that is what just happened. LOL

What Lies Behind Us and Lies Before Us are Small Matters Compared to What Lies Right to Our Faces.

CajunsCanCook

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CajunsCanCook

Must be those dang LSU people that made these... Purple & Yellow... Grr

djames42

quality posts: 9 Private Messages djames42
eventhough wrote:Has anyone had experience with a refurb? I'm a little worried about the 6 month warranty. That sounds short to me, especially for a refurb.

I wooted myself the yellow one of these three years ago and it's still rockin' the dirt off the floors in my home.

Love the ball too - never would've thought about this, but a twist of the wrist sends the vacuum effortlessly in another direction. My girlfriend's got the Animal, and it feels very clunky.

People here always vampire lackey about how the Dyson is overrated - that may be, but this is by far the best vacuum I've ever owned and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to all my woot friends.

cheroke55

quality posts: 37 Private Messages cheroke55
moggert wrote:I am buying an additional 2 year warranty from squretrade. The first year would cost you $38 and the second year is an additional $20. I've bought a warranty from them before so I have a promo code twty20 for 20% off, so a grand total of $49.60 for 2 years.

Or THIRTY30 for your first squaretrade warranty gets you 30% off

mctooty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mctooty

I bought my DC 15 on Amazon for $265 w/ free shipping the sticker on the ball said Bed, Bath &Beyong $599. I've had it 2yrs and have had no compliants. As far as I'm concerned, the best tool for the job.

Rick56

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Rick56

Hello there! I have a dyson ball vacuum, I LOVE IT. It makes the carpet stand up like new. This is the second dyson I have had and my next vacuum will be a dyson. I have never bought a refebished anything, but this is a great price.

ItsMorph

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ItsMorph

I bought a Kirby off eBay so I'd have a vacuum that worked for the next 20 years. With the money you save buying the Dyson here instead of in a store, you can buy a Kirby off eBay for when your Dyson isn't working!

Just be sure to go with an Ultimate Diamond or later. I got my Diamond for $150!

I stayed up. Again.