4%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

pjreiter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pjreiter

New winner for world's most useless device.

Sporkypoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Sporkypoo

I have never heard of "Bulit-In Speakers". . .

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
3M MPro120 Pocket Projector
$129.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

Product List:
- 1 3M MPro120 Pocket Projector w/ Rechargeable Lithium Battery & Bulit-In Speakers

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

NightGhost

quality posts: 1908 Private Messages NightGhost

Jauntee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Jauntee

Is "diaginal" really a feature?

(thanks for the edit. I couldn't decide if it was to be pronounced like "Vaginal".)

rileyper

quality posts: 68 Private Messages rileyper

is that a projector in your pants or are you just happy to see me

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82

Great YouTube video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4caBS6kh5I

This is a review and demonstration, full walk through, and a slight sales pitch.

CharlesP2009

quality posts: 27 Private Messages CharlesP2009
rileyper wrote:is that a projector in your pants or are you just happy to see me

Why would someone put a projector in their pants if they were happy to see you?

bdsisme

quality posts: 13 Private Messages bdsisme

does it come with a pocket protector?

(see what I did there?)

PhishinLine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PhishinLine
rileyper wrote:is that a projector in your pants or are you just happy to see me

Verbal command to computer: "Enhance"

KyserSoze

quality posts: 18 Private Messages KyserSoze

"Pocket Projector"? I don't know about you, but there ain't anybody in my pocket waitin' to watch a movie.

amnewsboy

quality posts: 48 Private Messages amnewsboy

Wow, that's an expensive pocket protector.

OH PROJECTOR! HA HA HA HA HA

deeluxx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deeluxx

12 lumens.

twelve.

a candle gives off 13.

Dyermull

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dyermull

I can think of one good use for these. Fantasy football drafts. You could display every pick as it happened without lugging around a big board. Yep, useful. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

NightGhost

quality posts: 1908 Private Messages NightGhost

Here's the manual

bmw66x

quality posts: 48 Private Messages bmw66x

Amazon lists this for $160 new. You get a decent deal from Amazon's sister company. Cue rapping monkey to explain about WOOT!

**We got acquired by Am-uh-zonnn"

I'm Bryan. Nice to meet you, Wooter.

hayedid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hayedid

12 lumens. Hahahahahaha

Benisjamin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Benisjamin

The people in my pocket tell me to do bad things... Why would I want to show movies and give them more ideas?

wrek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wrek

640x480?
12 lumens?

ouch

You're so vain... you probably think this post is about you.. don't you? Don't you? You're so vain!

ChaSiewBao

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ChaSiewBao

I bought one of these back in July from staples. The 12 lumens is a serious drawback but I guess it comes down to what you're going to be using it for.
Personally, I just shine movies onto the ceiling at night so i don't have to get out of bed or even sit up to watch. Requires a VERY dark room though

Just a quick note, I wouldn't pay $130 for it though. You're better off spending the money for the m150, at least it has built in memory (not much brighter though). Also like i said before, i bought it from staples. Every 3-4 months they clearance out the projectors in-store. If you can find a store that carries it, or just buy it online and price match it you'll get one for $50

mredleaf

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mredleaf

How does this compare in quality and ease of use to the cinamin at brookstone

reluctant

quality posts: 9 Private Messages reluctant

Before you get all ready to buy one, be aware that this doesn't project at WXGA; it resizes down to VGA. No cheap HD here, folks.

I'm still holding out for a mini LED projector that can pump out 1280x720. If it's under $200, that's an instant buy for me.

bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82

I can totally see this camping! Ipod+this guy = WIN!

skrutinizr

quality posts: 8 Private Messages skrutinizr

12 lumens.
12 lumens.

The little kiddie projector at Toys R Us has better specs.

cedaroo

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cedaroo

Thanks for the manual Nightghost!

Has anyone used one under a glass as an Artograph (for tracing)[or want to comment on it's probable suitability for such]? My kids could really use something like that to help them on their school projects.

CharlesP2009 wrote:Why would someone put a projector in their pants if they were happy to see you?

So you're not there yet. That's fine. No worries. I'm sure your partner is very understanding.

TGrier

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TGrier

Here it is on Amazon, for $159, with 28 reviews.

IslandMama

quality posts: 6 Private Messages IslandMama

SLIGHT sales pitch? After watching this, I'm convinced this gadget can restore our economy, solve the global warming issue, spread world peace, and bring me coffee in bed.

bpeterson82 wrote:Great YouTube video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4caBS6kh5I

This is a review and demonstration, full walk through, and a slight sales pitch.

The Wootiest

scottyz6

quality posts: 2 Private Messages scottyz6

Give me an HDMI and I'd be sold. Anyone ever think of replacing a laptop monitor with a projector, so all you carry around is a keyboard & hard drive?

amazingaaron

quality posts: 5 Private Messages amazingaaron

too low res for laptop use (except maybe for video clip)
it's probably useable in a pitch black room with an ipod/dvd player
decent price

pest789

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pest789

Dear Woot. Please post the native resolution on displays.

KTHX.

PhishinLine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PhishinLine

Enhance!

Cumberlandjed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Cumberlandjed
ChaSiewBao wrote:The 12 lumens is a serious drawback but I guess it comes down to what you're going to be using it for.

"OK fellas, I have prepared a PowerPoint on how the company intends to get us out of this mine."

Seriously, at some point don't you just turn your laptop around so everyone can see? Sheesh...

overslacked

quality posts: 2 Private Messages overslacked
PhishinLine wrote:Enhance!

I lol'd both times.

sdc100

quality posts: 508 Private Messages sdc100

I used to be skeptical that these small LED projectors would be bright enough to be usedful, even in small boardrooms. Then I bought an LED flashlight that claims to out 20 watts using only 3 AAA batteries. It was less than $10 on ebay from a Hong Kong seller. At that price, I expected to be cheated, and would be happy even if the output approached 10 watts. Well, the flashlight surpassed all my expectations and although I haven't made any formal measurements, the LED does appear at least as bright as a 20 watt incandescent bulb. In fact, the Lambertian output may equal a directional 20 watt halogen. Staring at it causes instant blindness which takes several minutes to recover from. And although I live in NYC, where street lights prevents from seeing more than 5 stars (I've never seen the Milky Way or any consellation), I was able to see the output on a building about half a block away. And did I mention that I was using 1.2 vol NiMH batteries? Imagine how bright it would be with 1.5 volt alkalines.

All this seemingly irrelevant wordness is to tell you that I am now convinced that these pocket projects are bright enough to be used in conference room. Maybe even a classroom if it was dark enough. In fact, I ordering one for a professor friend of mine.

jhudiddy08

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jhudiddy08

After long nights of flaming dr. peppers, I've had craps that emitted more than 12 lumens...

quartermane

quality posts: 6 Private Messages quartermane
amazingaaron wrote:too low res for laptop use (except maybe for video clip)
it's probably useable in a pitch black room with an ipod/dvd player
decent price

When the sun, moon, and stars burn out, this lone 1 candle power projector will be the ultimate light source in the universe