0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Pure Digital Flip MinoHD 2 Hour Digital Camcorder
$69.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

Product List:
- 1 Pure Digital Flip M2120M MinoHD Digital Camcorder w/2" LCD, 720p, 8GB, mini-HDMI - Brushed Metal

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost

brendan948725

quality posts: 39 Private Messages brendan948725

If it weren't refurbished, I'd be all over this!!! Downside: It doesn't record in 1080p

*MOST RECENT WOOTS!*

• Random Crap
  • Light Blocking Curtains and Rod
  • HP Deskjet Wireless

• 20 Woots! (5 Bungled Original Communicator)
  • 27 Shirts!
  • 5 Sellouts!
  • 2 Homes!
  • 1 Sport!
  • 2 Techs!
  • 1 Wine!
  • 1 Accessories!
  • 2 Pops!

brendan948725

quality posts: 39 Private Messages brendan948725

Also not expandable... Although I think 8 GB is plenty-- you can record an entire feature film with it. The turn-on to scene shooting time is only a couple seconds, too. That's great for those "Damn I wish I had a video camera" moments.

*MOST RECENT WOOTS!*

• Random Crap
  • Light Blocking Curtains and Rod
  • HP Deskjet Wireless

• 20 Woots! (5 Bungled Original Communicator)
  • 27 Shirts!
  • 5 Sellouts!
  • 2 Homes!
  • 1 Sport!
  • 2 Techs!
  • 1 Wine!
  • 1 Accessories!
  • 2 Pops!

fishbrain

quality posts: 9 Private Messages fishbrain

Wonderful little camera--very compact, sturdy, good audio/video quality, and easy enough for my kids or even my wife to use (She's away on a trip, so I am feeling brave.). Might have to get another couple for the kids' stockings.

NightGhost

cherman1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cherman1

Kind of suprised to see it back so soon. I just got mine in the mail LESS than 2 weeks ago

Tiamat114

quality posts: 48 Private Messages Tiamat114

Oddly enough you can get one of these (though not this exact model) camcorders for free if you open a checking account + a savings account at Trustco bank.

http://trustcobank.com/flip/

terrenceistheman

quality posts: 15 Private Messages terrenceistheman

Paid over $200 for mine. This thing is sleek and sexy and small enough to fit in any pocket.
Short clip from a green on tahoe
http://vimeo.com/9631628
In addition to great video, the sound picked up was surprisingly effective.

NightGhost

dvsmith

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dvsmith

I'm going to pass on this one.

Refurbished examples of Kodak's Zi8, which shoots 1080p with 4x digital zoom, has image stabilization and the advantage of an SDHC card slot for removable storage, has an optional remote control and has an external microphone input have been showing up for nearly the same price, lately.

I bought one for my office, three weeks ago, for $69 shipped from Adorama. (Current low price is $79.) Granted, you do have to buy a memory card, but the Zi8 seems to offer slightly better low-light performance.

My wife swears I'm keeping Woot! in business all by myself. I think she may be onto something.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU
cherman1 wrote:Kind of suprised to see it back so soon. I just got mine in the mail LESS than 2 weeks ago

You mean this previous woot?

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4184544

cluffy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cluffy

Got one last wootoff. recorded a show in a dark club. here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psj8Jt82gr8

edit: not last wootoff, but recently...

NightGhost

Here's the manual

Playtek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Playtek
NightGhost wrote:YouTube videos:

Flip Mino HD - Unbox, Sample Shots and Impressions

Flip MinoHD review

Up close Concert

When the concert isn't super super super loud it does great

Close up - Perfect Sound
But When there is lots of loud bass you see part of it's short coming

Close up, but right next to speaker bank

Video quality is top notch
Sound quality is great until you get into Extreme levels of noise

bryan1436

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bryan1436

Since this is a pretty good deal for this camera, check out this neat idea for it's use!

Kite + [low cost]Camcorder

http://www.wikihow.com/Take-Aerial-Photos-Using-a-Kite

cherman1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cherman1
whatsamattaU wrote:You mean this previous woot?

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4184544

Yep - That's the one

VMedcalf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages VMedcalf
Tiamat114 wrote:Oddly enough you can get one of these (though not this exact model) camcorders for free if you open a checking account + a savings account at Trustco bank.

http://trustcobank.com/flip/

It's a modern day toaster!

GURABoy

quality posts: 10 Private Messages GURABoy

Yesterday's Woot told us all we need to know about this or any other: res ipsum loquitor.

punkinann

quality posts: 1 Private Messages punkinann

This is probably the last generation MinoHD that lacked image stabilization, a major drawback for some.
The new generation MinoHDs have image stabilization, I think they just came out this year.

plaster

quality posts: 7 Private Messages plaster

I'm sad I read the description for this product. I ended up watching all the video links and am now traumatized by them. I'm not sure I will be able to sleep after the Daniel Songer incident.

I do feel an urge to buy this as the product looks nice, But it would forever remind me of the song "Sunny D and Rum."

ferio252

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ferio252
GURABoy wrote:Yesterday's Woot told us all we need to know about this or any other: res ipsum loquitor.

The thing speaks for itself.

ferio252

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ferio252

Any comparisons to the 3rd gen Vado HD?

NightGhost

fjp999

quality posts: 15 Private Messages fjp999

About to get the new iPod Touch (probably 32G).

Any comparison with the video on the Touch and this?

NightGhost

ferio252 wrote:Any comparisons to the 3rd gen Vado HD?

Here's some:

PCWorld

Best HD Camcorder Review (this compares both 2nd gen models)

Also, see the 3rd review down here.

jonmohlman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jonmohlman

I've used my Woot refurb Flip on multiple trips to Disneyland and have tons of great footage of my kids. It is priceless, and I can't find a better deal out there for a camera that does what I want it to, hides easily in a pocket, loads quickly and is ready to go. It is the handiest travel device I've ever had. Great for capturing memories like vacations, school programs, footage at family reunions, etc.

Are there better cameras out there? Sure. But are there easier to use and better value cameras for taking footage that is infinitely better than we ever could have imagined 20 years ago? Not a chance. Snap one up. Even if it's as a backup you keep in your car for taking footage of a newsworthy situation. That footage could be worth thousands. I'm not kidding!

NightGhost

fjp999 wrote:About to get the new iPod Touch (probably 32G).

Any comparison with the video on the Touch and this?

I've seen some video taken with the new iPod touch, such as this one or this.

The quality is amazing good considering how thin the touch is, and the fact that the camera is one of so many features it has. Still, it doesn't look as nice as what you get with the Flip.

If you check out the video links above, the Flip has brighter colors, and the picture is a bit sharper.

fjp999

quality posts: 15 Private Messages fjp999
NightGhost wrote:I've seen some video taken with the new iPod touch, such as this one or this.

The quality is amazing good considering how thin the touch is, and the fact that the camera is one of so many features it has. Still, it doesn't look as nice as what you get with the Flip.

If you check out the video links above, the Flip has brighter colors, and the picture is a bit sharper.

Thanks for those!

Gonna stick with the future Touch. Just gotta decide where to buy it from now. Getting nearer to Walmart with their nice secondary warranty ontop of the AppleCare. Not to pleased with the very fragile thinner glass on this version.

NightGhost

fjp999 wrote:Thanks for those!

Gonna stick with the future Touch. Just gotta decide where to buy it from now. Getting nearer to Walmart with their nice secondary warranty ontop of the AppleCare. Not to pleased with the very fragile thinner glass on this version.

Don't know when Woot will get around to selling 4th gen touches...

I use a screen protector and this case for my 3rd gen. Sure - that makes it thicker, but you can cram it in a pocket or purse without worrying about the screen.

ericmac017

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ericmac017

i have a flip slide HD, twice the memory and a cool screen (family member works for cisco and got a small discount on it). overall, the video quality on these cameras are really good, if not the best for a pocket camera. I've noticed these cameras record "crisper" quality videos outside or during the day rather than inside a house or at night (at least in my experience). $69.99 is a fair price and was surprised to see its the 2nd gen! If i didnt have this Slide HD I probably would've picked one of these up since its only $70 vs. the $180 new.. However it isn't reassuring when there isnt even a 30 or 90 day warranty..

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin
ericmac017 wrote:i have a flip slide HD, twice the memory and a cool screen (family member works for cisco and got a small discount on it). overall, the video quality on these cameras are really good, if not the best for a pocket camera. I've noticed these cameras record "crisper" quality videos outside or during the day rather than inside a house or at night (at least in my experience). $69.99 is a fair price and was surprised to see its the 2nd gen! If i didnt have this Slide HD I probably would've picked one of these up since its only $70 vs. the $180 new.. However it isn't reassuring when there isnt even a 30 or 90 day warranty..

Be assured,there is a 90 day manufacturer's warranty.

jodyferris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jodyferris

does anyone know what "generation" this is? oops never mind - someone wrote 2nd!

Hasoon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hasoon
ericmac017 wrote:i have a flip slide HD, twice the memory and a cool screen (family member works for cisco and got a small discount on it). overall, the video quality on these cameras are really good, if not the best for a pocket camera. I've noticed these cameras record "crisper" quality videos outside or during the day rather than inside a house or at night (at least in my experience). $69.99 is a fair price and was surprised to see its the 2nd gen! If i didnt have this Slide HD I probably would've picked one of these up since its only $70 vs. the $180 new.. However it isn't reassuring when there isnt even a 30 or 90 day warranty..

The paperwork that came with the MinoHD I got from woot a couple weeks ago says it has a 90 day warranty

danhughes1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danhughes1

I bought this the first time around, and it would not turn on.

I called customer support and they said the internal battery was probably drained.

I had to keep it connected to my computer for over 24 hours before it finally worked.

Now that it's working, I love it. But I came very close to returning it because of the initial battery problem.

Notes on message boards told me this is a common problem with this unit.

Phyrric

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Phyrric

Does anyone know how this records loud sounds? Mine would probably get most of its use at the 1/4 mile track

shadetreescouser

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shadetreescouser

Hope they fixed their crappy phone service.
I had an older flip that got "hot" one day and stopped working just like that..
'They' were no use whatssoooo ever......

frik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frik

I am seriously looking at buying this.

I have one of the first series of Flips and when I bought it, I didn't expect it to become as much as a fixture as it has. We had a nice digital camcorder that probably cost us 500 bucks at the time. I realize now, that most of my recording I do is in short little spurts of 1-5 minute clips. The Flip makes that easy to manage. Which also makes me wonder how important the Image Stabilization is.

I felt like I missed out when woot listed this not too long ago, so maybe I should jump in this time.

No. Yes.

paradoxysm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paradoxysm

I figured I might as well post a video of the one I got last time it was here. Might get a second.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMRETRSXn0E