12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

NightGhost

quality posts: 1906 Private Messages NightGhost

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Vizio 37" 1080p LCD HDTV
$339.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

Product List:
- 1 Vizio E370VL 1080p 37" LCD HDTV w/ 2 HDMI, Digital Ambient Light Sensor & SRS TruSurround HD

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

bryan1436

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bryan1436

pik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pik

Not the greatest picture.... But not at all bad for the price!
Installed a couple of these last week and they have a decent picture and features....

jaburg

quality posts: 22 Private Messages jaburg

Decent. Been looking for a new monitor for the office.

requeth

quality posts: 4 Private Messages requeth

I own one of these. It's a very nice TV and this price makes it nicer.

NightGhost

Ranie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ranie

What is with all of the TVs all of the sudden?

I already have six here, but the Little People are kinda cute, I'd woot! them

Ignorance can be reversed; the only cure for stupidity is death!

NightGhost

Reviews etc.

youreviewelectronics

cnet - they actually reviewed a bigger model in this series.

Retrevo

consumerreports

drewcp

quality posts: 20 Private Messages drewcp

wootchawant

quality posts: 67 Private Messages wootchawant

this is the TV i own, and i love it! it works very well and the picture is great. i bought mine new, so
i can't speak to the quality of the refurb, but i would recommend the vizio 37" to anyone. the woot price is a good deal, too. hope you enjoy yours as much as i enjoy mine...

so wootchawootchawootchawant?! you're so funny with that money that you flaunt...

moogtorran

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moogtorran

We have a Vizio LCD HDTV and the sound is a problem. The volume jumps up and down even during a show not just during the commercials. I contacted their customer support and they said they would send out software to fix the problem. Never got it. Our original LCD is a Sony and it is far superior to the Vizio

floydie7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages floydie7

I remember having Little People when I was a kid!! They were some of the best toys ever! Behind Legos of course!

drhowardfine

quality posts: 4 Private Messages drhowardfine

... and tonight, it TRULY is a 1080p

thaskaman

quality posts: 15 Private Messages thaskaman
pik wrote:Not the greatest picture.... But not at all bad for the price!
Installed a couple of these last week and they have a decent picture and features....

they are also known to burnout the video drivers, the mobo to fry from power supply voltage irregular spikes, and Vizio will give a ghoulish runaround or disagree to repair.

I've been playing with one and done a bunch of googling. Vizio tvs are cheap...just remember that, lol. Ive found lots of problems when i read around a lil.

lots of diff reviews like with anything
but buyer beware, im playing with one and 5 of my friends have had to do the same thing with theirs (thankfully mine came from a friend whos died, so i took it as a toy...)

there are a handful of websites out there that have full FAQs on howto fix these...but unless u have electronics tools and know-how, this will be a bit complicated for the common household user.

anyways, thats my 2 cents

cheers!

karenozug

quality posts: 3 Private Messages karenozug

I bought this exact model refurbished at Sams Club a year ago in a month for about $400. I use it primarily for my xbox, but the HD TV tuner is good. It is not a samsung or sony by any means, but at this size and definition, you likely wont beat the price. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a TV in this size. Be aware however, if you get a dead pixel, Vizio will be jerks about it. I bought a razer LED from them, and the one dead pixel wasnt enough. I actually had to return it to the store so they would take it from them, yet again from sams club.
Summed up, great TV for the price, but dont expect much from customer service when you encounter a problem.

pragmatist007

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pragmatist007

Bought one at Wal-Mart two weeks ago for $507 after tax. Been pretty good so far.

thaskaman

NightGhost wrote:YouTube review

My YouTube Vizio Broken Review Demo

this was captured to show a common issue Vizio's have and generally need be repaired for

xeju

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xeju

I agree with having a smaller screen, but I want one slightly bigger than this. I wish they made 44" or 45" screens. I have a $3k entertainment center which hasn't outlived it's usefulness yet. Right now I have a 36" Sony Trinitron flat tube in there. It's 9 years old and weighs more than I do. But I'd love to find a top-end HD flatscreen which could maximize the space. This would look tiny in there though. Too bad.

bendb

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bendb
thaskaman wrote:My YouTube Vizio Broken Review Demo
this was captured to show a common issue Vizio's have and generally need be repaired for

What is the issue? Difficulty and/or cost of repair?

luckykats

quality posts: 4 Private Messages luckykats

We've had a 50" Vizio for about 3 years now and it's been an awesome TV - great picture and absolutely no problems. We expect to have it for many more years and I'd definitely buy this brand again.

bendb

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bendb

So, the warranty on this is Woot!.
And the terms and conditions are a bit vague.
What is Woot!'s policy on dead and stuck pixels?

worldofjohnboy

quality posts: 77 Private Messages worldofjohnboy
thaskaman wrote:they are also known to burnout the video drivers, the mobo to fry from power supply voltage irregular spikes,

I have 3 different Vizio TVs, all 3 are still up and running with no issues.

thaskaman wrote:anyways, thats my 2 cents

cheers!

Instead of using and requiring all sorts of time and special tools, just purchase a Square Trade warranty. I've done this on many electronics and had no issues if/when I needed to.

"Every man dies... not every man truly lives." -William Wallace (from the movie Braveheart)

whitefro

quality posts: 2 Private Messages whitefro
bendb wrote:So, the warranty on this is Woot!.
And the terms and conditions are a bit vague.
What is Woot!'s policy on dead and stuck pixels?

LOL! Yeah they have a policy, its called SOL.

NightGhost

Check out this Reliability Chart.

Here's the article it came from.

Once again, Carlton Bale's article:

1080p Does Matter – Here's When (Screen Size vs. Viewing Distance vs. Resolution)

At 7 feet or closer, you start to see the benefit of 1080p with this 37" screen.

charleskelkv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages charleskelkv

This Tv will be on sale at wal-mart for $298 all weekend starting at 8am. Brand new.

Avoid this "deal"

lethargicmass

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lethargicmass
worldofjohnboy wrote:Instead of using and requiring all sorts of time and special tools, just purchase a Square Trade warranty. I've done this on many electronics and had no issues if/when I needed to.

Does that include dead pixels on TVs?

I love bacon!

buffaloed

quality posts: 28 Private Messages buffaloed

I just dropped in to see if anyone was complaining about the $5 shipping being too high. :D

lethargicmass

thaskaman wrote:they are also known to burnout the video drivers

What does that mean? "Drivers" to me means software, and "burn out" to me means hardware.

I love bacon!

TheNeck

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheNeck
charleskelkv wrote:This Tv will be on sale at wal-mart for $298 all weekend starting at 8am. Brand new.

Avoid this "deal"

Are you sure about this? Where have you have seen this?

lethargicmass

charleskelkv wrote:This Tv will be on sale at wal-mart for $298 all weekend starting at 8am. Brand new.

Avoid this "deal"

Not so much.

I see the 32-inch version of this model for sale at Wal*Mart this weekend for $298 -- but that is (a) NOT anywhere near the same size as this 37-incher and (b) also NOT a 1080p TV; the 32-incher only goes to 1080i.

So unless you have information that I'm not seeing on their website, I'm gonna say No.

I love bacon!

lethargicmass

ADDENDUM TO PREVIOUS REPLY: The $298 Wal*Mart TV doe not apparently display 1080i; it will accept it as an input, but the description says it will only display 720p.

And it's available (the 32-incher on the Wal*Mart site, not the 37-incher in this w00t) on ebay for $300 shipped: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290490713123.

I love bacon!

werdmaps

quality posts: 0 Private Messages werdmaps
TheNeck wrote:Are you sure about this? Where have you have seen this?

It's not a 37", its a 32". And I believe its 720p.

thaskaman

bendb wrote:What is the issue? Difficulty and/or cost of repair?

There are 3 main pieces of hardware to an HDTV.

The "mainboard" (main video controller), the drivers (which are 2 video cards that display the picture onto the screen, telling the colors where to display, etc), then there's the power supply. (The other 'meter' costs about $120++ and you'll have to do extensive soldiering on all the capacitors...prepare to spend sometime on this project).

Total repair cost for all three of these is about $400 and you need more than a multi-meter to do full testing. Moreso, if i had another Vizio TV that i could swap parts out of, then i could better specifically test hardware to determine which part specifically is fried and thusly lowering my possible total repair costs.

lethargicmass wrote:What does that mean? "Drivers" to me means software, and "burn out" to me means hardware.

read above

worldofjohnboy wrote:Instead of using and requiring all sorts of time and special tools, just purchase a Square Trade warranty. I've done this on many electronics and had no issues if/when I needed to.

Totally, not every single Vizio TV will have issues, so im not trying to claim that; but i AM trying to show that there are a ton of FAQs on how to repair and fix Vizio's.

I have a 42" Panasonic (lots say they have issues, mines from 2008 and still runnin strong. So def, not all TVs are bad, just some have a loooot to google about..

CHEERS!

montcoman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages montcoman

I got a Visio 47" on Woot for myself last Christmas-- Couldn't be happier. I'm in for two of these for my young adult kids for this year.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

So, is the 6.5ms response time short enough to play games with? Be it on PS, or something like WoW?

snowytear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages snowytear

I would buy this in a heartbeat if I didn't live outside the US. *sigh*

At least Woot ships their shirts internationally. Better than nothin'.

NemmyX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NemmyX

I have this model of TV from Vizio, and it has sound problems as well.

This particular TV model has a distinct low-volume "hum" (some kind of power hum) when using the HDMI input. I took the original TV back thinking it was a defect, same exact amplifier type hum from the new TV. I have swapped the cable, the cable box, the HDMI input and the power outlet. The low level hum only happens on the HDMI inputs.

I have no idea how a TV model with this problem could get through the manufacturer's testing, but it seems it might have.

Just take note of this if you watch low-volume TV in a quiet setting, maybe in a bedroom. Otherwise, I am very happy with this TV for the price.

There's also a chance my case could be an isolated incident or an already fixed problem by now though.

moogtorran wrote:We have a Vizio LCD HDTV and the sound is a problem. The volume jumps up and down even during a show not just during the commercials. I contacted their customer support and they said they would send out software to fix the problem. Never got it. Our original LCD is a Sony and it is far superior to the Vizio