tmp123

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tmp123

I'd like to see current temperatures overlaid on the Woots by State map.

honestjoe68

quality posts: 7 Private Messages honestjoe68

These things are wonderful! I wear them all winter and my ears are always toasty warm! I also love that I can wear sunglasses or my iPod earbuds and the 180's stay on and keep my ears warm. I already have a pair, but am ordering a spare in case I lose them and a few pairs for Christmas gifts. Thanks WOOT!

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08
roxannez wrote:I'd rather have my cold ears get frostbitten and fall off than look like a complete and total dork wearing these ear warmers out in public.

Obviously you've never had frostbite. Let me tell you, it hurts like a mother, and my toes sometimes even hurt now, years later.

samijubal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages samijubal

In for 4. It's supposed to be 16 for a high and 3 for a low Wednesday. Too bad they won't be here by then.

Webfoot08

marajad3 wrote:There would be a considerable amount of work needed to modify these into a Lobot costume. I suppose they could suffice as a base. How tight do they grip? How much junk could I glue on them before they won't stay on anymore?

Mine are pretty snug, but not uncomfortably tight. I'd say you could glue a few ounces of stuff on each side before they'd start to slide downward.

mikeandike93

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikeandike93

I live in San Diego, no need for these!

Webfoot08

flyngwalrus wrote:Will they fit under my bike helmet?

They sit very flat over the ear. The back part sits down low on the neck, so I'd say yes.

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost

Are these unisex?

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
NightGhost wrote:Are these unisex?

From the picture containing two demonic females and no males, I'd infer no, they fit only banshees.

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

ChgoOptician

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ChgoOptician
allfiredup9169 wrote:I kinda do want. 10 bucks. $5 each. hmmmm they work great too.

So Kohl's has them for about $12 a pair on sale.

My kids have already asked for earmuffs this year. The over the head kind always lead to headaches or popping off the top of the head because the plastic slidey part is too tight.

I purchased a pair similar to these last year and loved them! My kids kept borrowing them, but then I couldn't find them on sale again (no way could I afford to buy 3 more pair at full price).

This pricing comes to only $3.33 a pair if you are in for 3. One pair at Kohl's with tax would be $13.20 and I'd have to find parking and wait in line for the pleasure of be parted from my $13.20! For the price of one pair on sale, I can get almost 4 pair! Love ya Woot!

I'm buying the max of 6 pair so that we have extras for when they get lost. So now the kids got the Not a Snuggies, Koss headphones and 180s earmuffs for their Christmas goodies, all thanks to Woot.

thumperjb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thumperjb

Bought three of these last year - one for me two for friends. Their alot better than the ones that fit over your head. I have a rather large head and had a slight problem with them occassionally slipping off my ears but no one else had this problem. If you have a normal head you should be OK - LOL

I would buy them again. Great stocking stuffers.

specialq

quality posts: 1 Private Messages specialq
flyngwalrus wrote:Will they fit under my bike helmet?

Totally yes! My friend and I both use these for biking into work on cold days

specialq

mikeandike93 wrote:I live in San Diego, no need for these!

I live in LA and still use these. You gotta get up to the mountains more!

balt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages balt

You don't have the usual "You can't have our _______" disclaimer, so I'm going to assume I will also receive the fake heads with my order.

specialq

I love these ear warmers. I got my first pair a few years back for snowboarding. I kept losing them due to my own carelessness (not cause they didn't stay on, they did wonderfully). I keep re buying each year cause they're so comfy and do the job right. I already bought one for this season, but I'm getting the 3 two packs, great stocking stuffers, and maybe and extra for myself just in case ;)

cosmictrucker

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cosmictrucker

I just paid $15 for one at Lowes. This appears to be a very good deal.

JCamp4321

quality posts: 9 Private Messages JCamp4321

Those models remind me of my last menage de toi with a couple of very hot inflatable dates!...

HAMMER TIME!!!

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 999999

Order six and donate the extras to a homeless shelter for the poor souls who endure the elements.

cheroke55

quality posts: 37 Private Messages cheroke55
tmp123 wrote:I'd like to see current temperatures overlaid on the Woots by State map.

mike808

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mike808

In for 6. With $5 off code, they're a shade under $2.50 each. Woot-a-licious.

Enough for everyone in the family and the leftovers go to someone in need.

Geekiscool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Geekiscool
marajad3 wrote:There would be a considerable amount of work needed to modify these into a Lobot costume. I suppose they could suffice as a base. How tight do they grip? How much junk could I glue on them before they won't stay on anymore?

I would say that the grip pretty tight, but at the same time, I think they wouldn't stay very well with much weight attached, they might slide down your head.

cessnet

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cessnet

ARE These TSA approved so if I walk thru the airport some agent isn't going to fondle my ear lobes? Or violate my canal with light stick?

chburnh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chburnh

The mannequins are defiantly blow up sex dolls.

Yet to obtain the elusive Bowl of Cereal

s7ev3n91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages s7ev3n91

I've been looking for these everywhere i couldn't seem to find them. my friend had one and i tried it and it kept me really warm. now that i found it i'mma buy one

kamnet

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kamnet

These are great, I got some two years ago. Last year I turned one of them into a pair of headphones by simply removing the headband off a cheap $3 pair of RCA headphones and sticking the speakers inside the earpieces. Very comfy, warm, AND nice sounding!

Engett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Engett

180's are the original brand name for these type of earmuffs. They are of MUCH better quality than the earmuffs that I purchased here. I was disappointed with those. Can't wait to get these.

goatpunishment

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goatpunishment
chburnh wrote:The mannequins are defiantly blow up sex dolls.

yeah that was i was thinking too

CaviMike

quality posts: 6 Private Messages CaviMike
NightGhost wrote:Are these unisex?

Real men don't wear earmuffs. When our ears get cold, we put ice-cubes on them to remind us of how our forefathers would walk to school uphill in the snow 15 miles with a 20MPH headwind each way barefoot.

Personal info is personal.

sgoman5674

quality posts: 41 Private Messages sgoman5674

Check out http://kids.woot.com to see the smiles of these girls wearing the earmuffs.

bugzappers2112

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bugzappers2112

Good to see cheap xmas presents making an appearance.

You can Woot! if you want to, you can leave Amazon behind, because if you don't buy the Woot! from the real Woot!, then you're, no friend of mine. Say we can Woot!, we can Woot!, they're doing it from home to home.

pthththth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pthththth

if only I had red plastic hair to hold up the band in back!

emilyb0902

quality posts: 35 Private Messages emilyb0902

I picked up a pair of these (or if not this brand, similar) last winter. I work outdoors sometimes in the winter, and my job requires a hard hat. Best solution I've found to keep the ears warm - I hate the way knit hats slide under my hard hat, and hard hat liners are a joke. If you know someone who works in environmental consulting/engineering, or construction, these would be a welcome gift.

ophmarketing

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ophmarketing
roxannez wrote:I'd rather have my cold ears get frostbitten and fall off than look like a complete and total dork wearing these ear warmers out in public.

You obviously haven't spent any time in Chicago during the winter, because if you did, you'd be the odd one out if you WEREN'T wearing a pair of these.

Ptommy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ptommy

From my years of experience with these, I'd say that there is only one minor downside, that after wearing them for an extended time (say 3 hours or more), they can start to hurt my ears from the pressure they exert in order to remain in place. The padding is not so much that you cannot feel the ring of metal used to provide the shape.

For short time use, they're great. But when I'm out flying my rockets in Winter, I have to take them off to let my ears recover. I just swap to a hat or balaclava for a while.

leftkidney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leftkidney

I want the heads they are on not the ear warmers

reflaxion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reflaxion

My first post for my first woot. Yay.

In for three. My mother used to buy Arctic 180s from QVC years ago and they were really good earmuffs. I never had problems with them falling off, and they kept my ears warm in below-0 temperatures without any problems.

It looks like the company produces different product lines now, so my only concern is that maybe this isn't going to be the same quality as the ones we used to own, but for the price, I'm willing to risk it.

DMambo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DMambo
ChgoOptician wrote:

So now the kids got the Not a Snuggies, Koss headphones and 180s earmuffs for their Christmas goodies, all thanks to Woot.

I like your furnace habits! Would you please speak to my wife who insists on a sizzling 64 degrees in the winter?

TennisMomInPa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TennisMomInPa

OK. The one review at about.com (who gave this product a "one" out of five stars) says that the weight of long hair will pull these ear warmers off your ears. If I wore my hair up to accommodate ear warmers, I would need a new scarf to keep my neck warm, then a new coat to go with the scarf, new matching boots, not to mention a new purse.... This is getting too expensive!

oldgal3

quality posts: 3 Private Messages oldgal3
sandbar67 wrote:Sure they look dorky, but how do they sound? And are they noise canceling? Will they work with my Zune?

/yes thats sarcasm, for the humor impaired
//lookin' at you, mods
///mod: not really that funny. =P

I used to have a pair of these I wore when I taught middle school, and students used to ask me what I was listening to.