kelvin232

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kelvin232
knavekid wrote:$19.78 for a 64 oz. bag at my local Sams. Same brand, roasted and salted. I will pass.

but these come with an additional bag. they dont just try to cram 64oz in to a single bag... think of it as a convenience fee.

be10der2me

quality posts: 0 Private Messages be10der2me
protobiont wrote:Thanks for pointing that out. I almost bought one (thinking I was almost buying two)!

You want one
I want 3 I want 2
Premium Lightly Salted California Pistachios

You want 2 32oz Bag Wonderful Pistachios Premium Lightly Salted California Pistachios(s).
which each cost $22.99
for a subtotal of $22.99
plus shipping $5.00
for a total of $27.99
if everything looks good:

check everything out, and if it's all right, click the gold button below

FranklinS

quality posts: 2 Private Messages FranklinS

These are a great deal.
What a rip-off.
They are $3 at Cosco.
Too salty.
Great with beer.
Paid less last time.
Work with Mac?
Do we get one, or two. Or Four?
I got sick on the last batch.
Great stocking stuffers.

OK NOW YOU WON'T HAVE TO READ ANY MORE POSTS.

cleverett

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cleverett

A long time ago (three years?), Woot! sold pistachios from Fiddyment Farms at $19.99 for five pounds (plus shipping). Those were the best pistachios I've ever had, and were well worth the price. I suspect that freshness had a lot to do with the great flavor, as they were drop-shipped directly from the farm where they were roasted.

These "Wonderful Pistachios," like anything that you can buy in your local store, are anything but fresh. The only reason they're as expensive as they are is because of their advertising budget. They're your average pistachio, and average pistachios are just meh.

I was just looking at the Fiddyment site, and you can get five pounds of their excellent pistachios for $35 shipped. (I really miss when I could get them from Woot! for $25 shipped.) That's the same $7 cost per pound (shipped) as these, but the quality is incomparable. You could also get three pounds for $24 shipped, which is more expensive per-pound, but less of a commitment:

http://www.fiddymentfarms.com/

lfchor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lfchor
mo92 wrote:With all those pistachio commercials, I wonder how woot! eats their pistachios?

Only one, two, or three at a time. No more.

JohnWooten

quality posts: 4 Private Messages JohnWooten

You guys who want to go to Sam's or Costco to save a few cents- after driving, standing in line, then paying sales tax- go right ahead.

Lotsa stuff...

rebeltreble

quality posts: 17 Private Messages rebeltreble

Dude, it isn't a very convincing argument they are cheaper at Sam's Club. I wouldn't walk through those doors even if they paid ME to shop there. Walmart/Sam's Club around here are the scum of the Earth, the service sucks, and their products don't last so I will never shop there.

I'd rather pay a few bucks more and visit an extra shop or two to avoid the plague that is either of the stores. Costco rocks though.

Signatures are harshing my mellow.

goldiemcg

quality posts: 13 Private Messages goldiemcg

Who gives a cook if these are less expensive at Costco or Sams. Let's see, did I pay $50 for a membership to woot to buy nuts? Nope, so, take your cooking membership costs and add them to the cost of the nuts, still saving $$$? Didn't think so...shiiiiiit people, who cares, it's a damn wootoff, buy the The Touch of Satan (1971)and let's move on.

Have a nice day.

mmarkie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmarkie

At $6.16/lb (includes shipping) I am in for 3 every time! Usually these are offered in the wine.w00t w00t off! so I wasn't expecting them here - This is still a better deal than I can get anywhere around here! And I don't have to go anywhere.... I love w00t!

Good Day,
Matt

commodog

quality posts: 4 Private Messages commodog

best Christmas carol choir EVER!

http://www.cupsizechoir.com/

after the short video that plays, you can play the "keyboard" and make your own christmas carols

PhilFR

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PhilFR

Be aware that TSA may demand to feel your nuts if you want to take them on a plane.

Nothing to see here. Move along, folks.

fijidreamer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fijidreamer

Speaking of NUTS... 2x the price of same size bag at local grocery store! This woot is weak!

forbiddenplanet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages forbiddenplanet

I always suspected they were crazy....now I can see their nuts!

Bandrik

quality posts: 71 Private Messages Bandrik
cleverett wrote:A long time ago (three years?), Woot! sold pistachios from Fiddyment Farms at $19.99 for five pounds (plus shipping). Those were the best pistachios I've ever had, and were well worth the price. I suspect that freshness had a lot to do with the great flavor, as they were drop-shipped directly from the farm where they were roasted.

These "Wonderful Pistachios," like anything that you can buy in your local store, are anything but fresh. The only reason they're as expensive as they are is because of their advertising budget. They're your average pistachio, and average pistachios are just meh.

I was just looking at the Fiddyment site, and you can get five pounds of their excellent pistachios for $35 shipped. (I really miss when I could get them from Woot! for $25 shipped.) That's the same $7 cost per pound (shipped) as these, but the quality is incomparable. You could also get three pounds for $24 shipped, which is more expensive per-pound, but less of a commitment:

http://www.fiddymentfarms.com/

Sweet, good point. I don't eat pistachios but if I ever have a request or a recipe that needs them, I'll remember fiddyment farms. Thanks for the tip! :D

sparsons

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparsons

Jeez guys lighten up... the woot smurfs needed a lunch break.

goldiemcg

fijidreamer wrote:Speaking of NUTS... 2x the price of same size bag at local grocery store! This woot is weak!

Prove it.

pamfenway

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pamfenway

ack!

ausbun

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ausbun

I don't generally comment on online grammar (or I'd be busy 48/7), nor do I expect spellcheck to know the difference between complement and compliment, but I think their misuse in the product description should be pointed out to the Woot staff, so they'll fix it the next time. Judging from the negative comments on this product, there either won't be a next time or there will be many many next times.

BigWetDog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BigWetDog

[size=18][color=red]PURPLE![/color][/size] is the full extent of my coding skill

rorbin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rorbin

I've watched woot for years, on four different screen names. I tell people that you never know what you'll find so you have to check every day, but I think i'll not be telling people about woot anymore. The quality has gone down (in general) while the prices just go up. Seriously, $28 for nuts? It's just an example, but it definitely seems to be going downhill.

No idea if it's Amazon's influence or not, but it's depressing nonetheless.

chimusicguy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chimusicguy

I feel drupey.

goldiemcg

Yikes...this is my 1003rd comment...

upsidehound

quality posts: 5 Private Messages upsidehound
snshamilton wrote:I'm seeing a theme between woot and kids.woot

hehe. just saw this.

JohnWooten

quality posts: 4 Private Messages JohnWooten
PhilFR wrote:Be aware that TSA may demand to feel your nuts if you want to take them on a plane.

Actually, I'm counting on it, though for religious reasons, for me it has to be done by a woman.

Lotsa stuff...

dlbyers

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dlbyers

Quit harshing the nuts people!

Do you not want the woot-sumers to buy deeez nuts, 6 sacks at a time?

Antjaw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Antjaw

For those numerically challenged, This is 4 pounds O' nuts.

Woody1150

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Woody1150
goldiemcg wrote:Who gives a cook if these are less expensive at Costco or Sams. Let's see, did I pay $50 for a membership to woot to buy nuts? Nope, so, take your cooking membership costs and add them to the cost of the nuts, still saving $$$? Didn't think so...shiiiiiit people, who cares, it's a damn wootoff, buy the The Touch of Satan (1971)and let's move on.

Have a nice day.

These are out of stock at my local Sam's clubs. (According to the website) Guess everyone around here likes them and thinks they are a good deal.

(Interesting, when you quote people, you can see all the bad words they posted...heh)

rakadrlik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rakadrlik

Are these New or Refurbished?

Roger A Kadrlik

TronGMZ

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TronGMZ

For those of you who are hooked on the Red Pistachios like me, you can still get them @ NutsOnline.

http://www.nutsonline.com/nuts/pistachios/red.html

bbrownin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbrownin

Hmm surprising to see this woot lasting so long. Usually bags of crap sell out fast.

rorbin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rorbin
dlbyers wrote:Quit harshing the nuts people!

Do you not want the woot-sumers to buy deeez nuts, 6 sacks at a time?

Nope, We want Woot to not sell their inventory at unquestionably bad prices.

jknuts2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jknuts2

Sam club sells a 3 lbs bag for $16. SamsClub at $5.33/lbs vs Woot at $7/lbs.
Sam's Club link

sdzman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdzman

Please make these nuts go away

CooperDude

quality posts: 10 Private Messages CooperDude
FranklinS wrote:These are a great deal.
What a rip-off.
They are $3 at Cosco.
Too salty.
Great with beer.
Paid less last time.
Work with Mac?
Do we get one, or two. Or Four?
I got sick on the last batch.
Great stocking stuffers.

OK NOW YOU WON'T HAVE TO READ ANY MORE POSTS.

Thank you! Do you work for Readers' Digest?

mandren

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mandren

THAT'S A LOT OF NUTS!

superheman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superheman

these are extremely over priced compared to ANY grocery store you go to.

olcubmaster

quality posts: 29 Private Messages olcubmaster
Undie wrote:4lbs Wonderful Pistachios cost $30 on Amazon that's 64 ozs...1/2 the price of these...

Um...these are two 32 oz bags.

32 oz
+32 oz
----
64 oz

$28 incl shipping. How is $30 one half of $28?

Must be using Wheaton High School math...

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

Frankc157

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Frankc157

Pleaaase...someone buy these!! I need a Romba!

shark2th

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shark2th

I thought we were in a recession.... One year later and $4 more expensive!

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=3645021

Pass!

reheiser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages reheiser

someone buy these things so that we can move on

neverfirst