cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

Annnnnd go...

Quality Posts


dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

cruzer wrote:Annnnnd go...


Go where?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I'll be walking the dog. Want me to take yours with us?

There is snow, dogs LOVE snow.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Woo-hoo. A new home. It'd be nice if you could join us occasionally, Cruzer.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Hey everybody! Nice new place! Great to see you Cruzer!

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

first page!

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Got my brass ice scrapers today.

Also got this:

http://www.amazon.com/Sno-Brum-Original-Removal-Telescoping/dp/B0007LDXLA

Had one something like this a few years ago and it was great. I could stand on one side of the minivan and push all the snow from the top off the other side.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

All right. Enough of this. WHERE is my sig?

Edit: Oops, there it is. I know it was gone a minute ago.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:All right. Enough of this. WHERE is my sig?

Edit: Oops, there it is. I know it was gone a minute ago.



I don't see any sigs right now...

Hi all!

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
kdccrosby wrote:I don't see any sigs right now...

Hi all!



Nor do I.

I just spent 3 hours with a renovation contractor. We need to get our ensuite bathroom gutted and redone. I could do it no problem but I just don't have the time and it needs to be done by mid March when my daughter and s-i-l visit. So......it will cost about 3x what I estimated.
I hope the loan officer is in a good mood.

Congrats on the last post Kid.

In the end only kindness matters

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

a new thread, huh?

very tastey. tasteful. um, licked. NO. yummy?
I think it must be tasteful. yep.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Where'd everyone go?

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Iceback wrote:Where'd everyone go?



I have to go start the first layer of an ice cream sundae cake that I'm taking New Year's Day.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

This new thread seems to be defective, no images and only a top post by Cruzer....

Ok, this is nice and all, but I'm on vaca... see ya all.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:I have to go start the first layer of an ice cream sundae cake that I'm taking New Year's Day.



sounds yummy.

Since Friday is a company holiday for us, and it would normally be my Friday "off", I'm taking tomorrow off.

I'll be taking down my Christmas decorations and cleaning. That will be nice to have complete.

I need to grocery shop too and get what I need for black-eyed peas, and possibly cabbage.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:I have to go start the first layer of an ice cream sundae cake that I'm taking New Year's Day.



sounds really good! I'd ask for it, but I'd have to start substituting everything.

One really bad thing about being down at Mom and Dad's no New Years celebrations. My parents have never done anything for New Years, and I'm not in enough contact with my friends in the area to do anything with 'em.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Out to dinner with brother in law from Louisiana and his family.
Had good time.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

we don't go out NYE. Dinner and a early movie and home before the amatuers get out.

In the end only kindness matters

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:we don't go out NYE. Dinner and a early movie and home before the amatuers get out.



Went out before we had kids.
Always made sure we could walk home.

Lately I've been semi supervising the college kids to make sure they didn't get so drunk they would throw up or pass out.

Most likely, nothing at all this year.
I hope.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
kdccrosby wrote:sounds yummy.

Since Friday is a company holiday for us, and it would normally be my Friday "off", I'm taking tomorrow off.

I'll be taking down my Christmas decorations and cleaning. That will be nice to have complete.

I need to grocery shop too and get what I need for black-eyed peas, and possibly cabbage.



No, no, no. Christmas decorations are supposed to stay up until after New Year's Day. I'm sure it's a rule.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Went out before we had kids.
Always made sure we could walk home.

Lately I've been semi supervising the college kids to make sure they didn't get so drunk they would throw up or pass out.

Most likely, nothing at all this year.
I hope.



We always go to friends' house. Four couples. Play cards. Close by. Usually home by 1.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

We usually host the party we had on Monday, or we take turns having a group over for dinner games and commiserating. One year everyone coming had such a bad year we went out and got a piñata and beat out the bad year. We beat it so hard the jolly ranchers turned to powder. My kids thought that year was the best.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Seems we can't edit either.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

tennisplayer121


quality posts: 8 Private Messages tennisplayer121

I'll be back around page 99... last post.

Last Post

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:No, no, no. Christmas decorations are supposed to stay up until after New Year's Day. I'm sure it's a rule.


wikipedia:

"Epiphany (from Koine Greek (ἡ) ἐπιφάνεια, epiphaneia "appearance", "manifestation") is a Christian feast day that celebrates the revelation of God the Son as a human being in Jesus Christ. It falls on January 6 or, in many countries, on the Sunday that falls between January 2 and January 8."

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
no1 wrote:wikipedia:

"Epiphany (from Koine Greek (ἡ) ἐπιφάνεια, epiphaneia "appearance", "manifestation") is a Christian feast day that celebrates the revelation of God the Son as a human being in Jesus Christ. It falls on January 6 or, in many countries, on the Sunday that falls between January 2 and January 8."



Yeah, like no white shoes after Labor Day.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin'.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning Gman and those that follow.

In the end only kindness matters

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody!

edit: Poof, my Mama told me (isn't that a country music song?)it was bad luck to keep Christmas decorations up for New Year's Day.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
joyner wrote:Good morning everybody!

edit: Poof, my Mama told me (isn't that a country music song?)it was bad luck to keep Christmas decorations up for New Year's Day.



I don't know if you're thinking of Three Dog Night's "Mama Told Me Not To Come" or "Mamas, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys."

Either way, I've never heard that before.

Good morning everyone. Raining here but it's almost 40 degrees, which is wonderful.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
joyner wrote:Good morning everybody!

edit: Poof, my Mama told me (isn't that a country music song?)it was bad luck to keep Christmas decorations up for New Year's Day.



Maybe:
Blues In The Nights
Artist: Dinah Shore


My momma done told me
When I was in pigtails
My momma done told me, hon
A man's gonna sweet-talk
And give you the glad eye
But when that sweet-talkin's done
A man is a two-faced, a worrisome thing
Who'll leave you to sing the blues in the night

Now the rain's a fallin'
Hear the trains a-callin' hooey
My momma done told me
Hear that lonesome whistle
Blowing across the trestle, hooey
My momma done tole me, a-hooey, a-hooey
Old clickety clack is echoing back the blues in the night

The evenin' breeze will start the trees to praying
And the moon will dim its light
When you hear the blues in the night

Mark my word the mockingbird
Will sing the saddest kind of song
He knows things are wrong
And he's right

La ha ha ha-a
La ha ha-a
>From Natchez to Mobile
>From Memphis to St. Joe
Wherever the four winds blow
I've been to some big towns
I've heard me some big talk
But there is one thing I know
A man is a two-faced, a worrisome thing
Who'll leave you to sing the blues in the night

La ha ha-a
La ha ha-a
My momma done told me there's blues in the night

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:I don't know if you're thinking of Three Dog Night's "Mama Told Me Not To Come" or "Mamas, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys."

Either way, I've never heard that before.

Good morning everyone. Raining here but it's almost 40 degrees, which is wonderful.



I'm with poof! We left ours up and told the friend watching our house to water the tree. Last year was the fastest we ever took them down, but that's because we thought the baby was coming, and he was, he just got delayed....

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:wikipedia:

"Epiphany (from Koine Greek (ἡ) ἐπιφάνεια, epiphaneia "appearance", "manifestation") is a Christian feast day that celebrates the revelation of God the Son as a human being in Jesus Christ. It falls on January 6 or, in many countries, on the Sunday that falls between January 2 and January 8."



Yeah, that one. Little Christmas, the date of which seems to drift around now. Never did. It was always the 6th.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
AZGman wrote:Maybe:
Blues In The Nights
Artist: Dinah Shore


My momma done told me
When I was in pigtails
My momma done told me, hon
A man's gonna sweet-talk
And give you the glad eye
But when that sweet-talkin's done
A man is a two-faced, a worrisome thing
Who'll leave you to sing the blues in the night

Now the rain's a fallin'
Hear the trains a-callin' hooey
My momma done told me
Hear that lonesome whistle
Blowing across the trestle, hooey
My momma done tole me, a-hooey, a-hooey
Old clickety clack is echoing back the blues in the night

The evenin' breeze will start the trees to praying
And the moon will dim its light
When you hear the blues in the night

Mark my word the mockingbird
Will sing the saddest kind of song
He knows things are wrong
And he's right

La ha ha ha-a
La ha ha-a
>From Natchez to Mobile
>From Memphis to St. Joe
Wherever the four winds blow
I've been to some big towns
I've heard me some big talk
But there is one thing I know
A man is a two-faced, a worrisome thing
Who'll leave you to sing the blues in the night

La ha ha-a
La ha ha-a
My momma done told me there's blues in the night



that"s the one! not country.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

In many British affiliated countries "Boxing Day" (Dec.26th) is the traditional day to box up the decorations and put them away.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
Iceback wrote:In many British affiliated countries "Boxing Day" (Dec.26th) is the traditional day to box up the decorations and put them away.



Hmmm . . . I always thought it meant the day you boxed the ears of whomever gave you crappy stuff!! (not to say ya can't end up gettin' yer own ears boxed, too !)

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

The week is over . . . Let's FIRE IT UP!!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:The week is over . . . Let's FIRE IT UP!!!



What about Friday? You forgot Friday?

Hubby decided to take monday off. He figures that both christmas eve and New Years Eve are early days, plus he missed out on the snow day.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

OK, off to the dog park. Dog is a bit desperate to play with another dog and we can't find one.
Only found a Shepard, but they don't play with other dogs. They want to play with their owner and a ball.
There are 4 young Shepards in the neighborhood. Only one plays with dogs.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.
Back To Top