pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Boy, Toon (or whoever) opened a can of worms with his thread on Jerry Garcia on WOW.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
ThunderThighs wrote:Huh. It's true. Weather can turn people violent.

lol
And the drivers are worse than normal and that's really bad. lol

I'm in for the rest of the day since nothing is plowed or salted yet. It was insane out there and I only went a few miles. They act like they've never driven in snow before.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:\
Why don't you call and ask them if they made it today? And what is it?

Because she likes to let her fingers do the talking (posting), not the walking (search for phone number)

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pooflady

lplady wrote:Thanks, it sounds good.

That reminds me. Yesterday I finally got a free offer for two meals from Carrabba's. Last three times it was a special meal and/or wine tasting that I had to pay for in order to attend.

"Experience the many ways to enjoy Carrabba's and share them with a guest during a special restaurant tour. Enjoy a complimentary Blackberry sangria at MR. C's before visiting the Pasta Bar for a cooking demonstration, taste Parmesan Crusted Chicken while learning about our private dining menu, and mingle with other Amicis over a delicious lunch. Then, we will say ciao with a Carside Carry-Out bag for every Amici with lunch for the next day and 20% off your next online order."

Congratulations, that sounds great. I wish they'd send me that one. I got a buy one get one free coupon from them for my birthday, which wasn't bad.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady

lplady wrote:lol
And the drivers are worse than normal and that's really bad. lol

I'm in for the rest of the day since nothing is plowed or salted yet. It was insane out there and I only went a few miles. They act like they've never driven in snow before.

That's what's bad about snow driving. You have the drivers that are scared to death and go 25 miles under the speed limit. You have smart drivers who lower their speed somewhat because of the conditions. And you have your asses who are sure they know how to drive better than anyone else in the snow and insist on driving the speed limit or above.

lplady

pooflady wrote:Congratulations, that sounds great. I wish they'd send me that one. I got a buy one get one free coupon from them for my birthday, which wasn't bad.

I'm wondering if it may be a new location that opened since I have one that I go to that's much closer. The one I normally go to is where the other offers were listed as the location.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

lplady

AZGman wrote:Afternoon, folks.

Hi AZ, how were your roads getting home?

I think it's nap time for me. Want to join in?

AZGman

lplady wrote:Hi AZ, how were your roads getting home?

I think it's nap time for me. Want to join in?

They weren't bad.

No thanks; I'm snackin'.

AZGman

What a surprise.

AZGman

Heavy sleet is giving over to serious snow!!

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Heavy sleet is giving over to serious snow!!

I am so glad that one missed us, and just barely.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:I am so glad that one missed us, and just barely.

This one's gonna get a lot of us!

ThunderThighs

Staff

I am pleased to say that I got quite a bit written today in my instructions to do data validation in Excel for a class the administrative assistants want me to teach next month.

I was getting a bit worried because Mon & Tue weren't good in that department. Too many phone calls and other interruptions.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

AZGman

ThunderThighs wrote:I am pleased to say that I got quite a bit written today in my instructions to do data validation in Excel for a class the administrative assistants want me to teach next month.

I was getting a bit worried because Mon & Tue weren't good in that department. Too many phone calls and other interruptions.

Your procrastination skills will suffer for it!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Storm #1 is shoveled.

The lawn service guy came. Did 3 neighbors and left.
So the concept of paying someone to shovel doesn't work in real life.
I use to get them to do my apron and a parking spot on the street for free.
Now I offer to pay and it didn't get done.

Storm #2 starts later tonight.

Joy.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:I am pleased to say that I got quite a bit written today in my instructions to do data validation in Excel for a class the administrative assistants want me to teach next month.

That is why people go to work on the weekends.

All mail is at the post office.

Why does the plough keep coming down the block and clearing the other side to the curb. Our side is 4 or 5 feet from the curb.
Son better not come home.
No place for his car.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

We're supposed to get thundersnow tonight. Should be a lot of fun.

Most of our stuff has turned to rain, so now we got snow that weighs 50 lbs per inch. That was fun to get rid of. But now the cold front is coming through again so it'll all freeze and then we get 6-12 inches on top of that. Yay.

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:Storm #1 is shoveled.

The lawn service guy came. Did 3 neighbors and left.
So the concept of paying someone to shovel doesn't work in real life.
I use to get them to do my apron and a parking spot on the street for free.
Now I offer to pay and it didn't get done.

Storm #2 starts later tonight.

Joy.

It worked for the neighbors who arranged to have it done before it needed doing! The lawn service guys prolly left because other people who thought ahead have priority.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:That is why people go to work on the weekends.

Yeah, I'm trying to avoid that. I don't work as well on weekends anymore unless it's just absolutely critical work. I have a few weeks on this but I want to get it done early so I have time to read to see what Jatravartid stuff I did.

Oh, and it's 58 and mostly sunny outside.

FORUM MODERATOR

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

It's all faux spring here. Last year it fooled the bulbs in the front flowerbed....

I miss the snow.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady

Card club tonight. Later.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

I think our snow is gone. It is still above freezing. I ate a lot of vegetable soup. I'm stuffed.

edit: I think I am up to date on fixing hubby's complaints about his blackberry. Latest was forwarding his hotmail to a vzw.blackberry.net address so it would push in a timely fashion. It was taking hours for his hotmail to show up on the bb. Part of the problem was that he kept messenger on all the time on his desktop.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
KtCallista wrote:It's all faux spring here. Last year it fooled the bulbs in the front flowerbed....

I miss the snow.

Time for a visit to the east coast!

If I never saw snow again in my life I wouldn't feel cheated at all.We had our 2 weeks of winter and I'm ready for spring.
I don't even want to see a snow globe.

In the end only kindness matters

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Hi everyone. The snow stories make me shudder. Not only the work of clearing the stuff, but driving in it gives me a lot of stress and sort of panic attacks. I try to get a ride when I can. I used to shovel out the end of the driveway and push the snow to the right, because then the plow would end up moving it elsewhere. Devious.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

klozitshoper wrote:Hi everyone. The snow stories make me shudder. Not only the work of clearing the stuff, but driving in it gives me a lot of stress and sort of panic attacks. I try to get a ride when I can. I used to shovel out the end of the driveway and push the snow to the right, because then the plow would end up moving it elsewhere. Devious.

Except when the plow come down the street on the WRONG SIDE, which it has been doing.

I just guaranteed that there will be another 8 to 12 inches of snow.
I cleared the apron . Again. 3rd time today.

The arctic is having their warmest winter ever.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:It worked for the neighbors who arranged to have it done before it needed doing! The lawn service guys prolly left because other people who thought ahead have priority.

As far as I know, it is a yearly contract.
I told them snow removal. But I knew by the time they get here, we are usually done.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

Iceback wrote:Time for a visit to the east coast!

If I never saw snow again in my life I wouldn't feel cheated at all.We had our 2 weeks of winter and I'm ready for spring.
I don't even want to see a snow globe.

I guess. I think the South is having more winter than we are.

klozitshoper

KtCallista wrote:I guess. I think the South is having more winter than we are.

We were under a tornado watch for four hours last night - high winds and lots of rain. I will take that any day (unless of course the tornado touches down on my house) over snow and ice. New England is having an awful time too. Ironic that it is warm where it is supposed to be so cold. Maybe we should all migrate to the Arctic Circle!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
klozitshoper wrote:We were under a tornado watch for four hours last night - high winds and lots of rain. I will take that any day (unless of course the tornado touches down on my house) over snow and ice. New England is having an awful time too. Ironic that it is warm where it is supposed to be so cold. Maybe we should all migrate to the Arctic Circle!!

Local Text Forecast for
Las Vegas, NV
Jan 26 Tonight Generally clear. Low 41F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph.
Jan 27 Tomorrow Mainly sunny. High 64F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph.
Jan 27 Tomorrow night Clear skies. Low 41F. Winds light and variable.
Jan 28 Friday Sunny. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the low 40s.
Jan 29 Saturday Sunny. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the low 40s.
Jan 30 Sunday Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the low 40s.
Jan 31 Monday Mainly sunny. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the low 40s.
Feb 1 Tuesday Abundant sunshine. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the upper 30s.
Feb 2 Wednesday Abundant sunshine. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the low 40s.
Feb 3 Thursday Abundant sunshine. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the upper 30s.
Feb 4 Friday Sunny. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the low 40s.

klozitshoper

I love Las Vegas, but they always take my money away from me!

klozitshoper

dontwantaname wrote:As far as I know, it is a yearly contract.
I told them snow removal. But I knew by the time they get here, we are usually done.

We always had problems having the driveway plowed because the guys/gals(politically correct) do the big bucks parking lots first.

KtCallista

klozitshoper wrote:We always had problems having the driveway plowed because the guys/gals(politically correct) do the big bucks parking lots first.

We have a problem getting plowed because the landlords a cheap #$@$#$@%@@@@@^%@^!!!!!! and instead of paying someone with the equipment, the maintenance guy goes around on a fourwheeler for the sidewalk and then a frontloader to do the drives, and they don't start until at least 9 am so everyone has already driven on it once.

Iceback

KtCallista wrote:I guess. I think the South is having more winter than we are.

ThunderThighs wrote:
Oh, and it's 58 and mostly sunny outside.

No, not really

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
Iceback wrote:No, not really

And they can keep their winter too!

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

It is about 0c here.

Still single, can't imagine why.

KtCallista

Iceback wrote:No, not really

my niece in SC has had 3 snow days!!! We've only had school canceled because of power failure.

I guess it's only officially been in the mid 40s here, but it's been shorts weather!

Iceback

kdccrosby wrote:And they can keep their winter too!

Damn straight!

Iceback

KtCallista wrote:my niece in SC has had 3 snow days!!! We've only had school canceled because of power failure.

I guess it's only officially been in the mid 40s here, but it's been shorts weather!

A snow day in SC would be called for slightly more than a dusting

KtCallista

Iceback wrote:A snow day in SC would be called for slightly more than a dusting

true.... but they actually got snow! That's way more winter than they should get. We haven't even gone sledding yet!

Granted part of that is because both times there have been good storms we've been out of town.