KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:You can't get much more basic than the help I usually need.



Like I said, no good for you. You'd need help to find it in the help. Sad really.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:Help files really aren't helpful to people who need basic help and they're no good for people who need advanced help, you pretty much have to be in the middle and then you probably don't need the help they offer.

Microsoft help rocked for the last few versions of Office. On this version though, it appears that they figure the ribbon is self-explanatory. I wrote to my old co-worker that's still there to see what the plan was and where to send people. I couldn't find basic stuff online at support.microsoft.com either.

Poof, did I send you links to some intro videos? If so, you might want to watch those. I think they'll really help.

Perhaps get a copy of this book to keep beside you?



FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
ThunderThighs wrote:Microsoft help rocked for the last few versions of Office. On this version though, it appears that they figure the ribbon is self-explanatory. I wrote to my old co-worker that's still there to see what the plan was and where to send people. I couldn't find basic stuff online at support.microsoft.com either.

Poof, did I send you links to some intro videos? If so, you might want to watch those. I think they'll really help.

Perhaps get a copy of this book to keep beside you?



I'll probably get that. I just threw away 2000 for Dummies.

You did send me a list of videos and they're somewhere on my desk and I'm working on getting down to where they might be.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:I'll probably get that. I just threw away 2000 for Dummies.

You did send me a list of videos and they're somewhere on my desk and I'm working on getting down to where they might be.


Start with this one



FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
ThunderThighs wrote:Start with this one



Okay. Tomorrow. Am I supposed to install Microsoft Silverlight?



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Okay. Tomorrow. Am I supposed to install Microsoft Silverlight?

Yep, it's good.



FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

joyner


quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! I'm going to go back and find the Fodor's article. They sited the Biltmore Estate, the Grove Park Inn, the funky urban downtown area, the mountains and the fact that the Prez visited! It was in the Asheville Citizen Times. I'm wondering if the reporter goofed.

edit: The article also mentioned the recent Beer City award. The author of the Fodor's article said the 21 destinations were in no particular order. Reporter messed up.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
joyner wrote:Good morning everybody! I'm going to go back and find the Fodor's article. They sited the Biltmore Estate, the Grove Park Inn, the funky urban downtown area, the mountains and the fact that the Prez visited! It was in the Asheville Citizen Times. I'm wondering if the reporter goofed.

edit: The article also mentioned the recent Beer City award. The author of the Fodor's article said the 21 destinations were in no particular order. Reporter messed up.



Good morning Joyner and all who follow.Sunny, 37 with a high of 74 today. We will pay for this next week as highs will be in the 30's with a chance of freezing rain.

Asheville is one of my favorite places, very pretty area.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin'.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Morning Joyner, Ice & G'man, and everyone else.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Good morning everyone.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

The sun's shining and it's supposed to get to the mid 30s today. Maybe get rid of some of the snow before we get more.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

klozitshoper


quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

I find lately that ehow.com answers a ton of questions on problems I have with programs. It is a crap shoot, but worth a try.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
pooflady wrote:Okay. Tomorrow. Am I supposed to install Microsoft Silverlight?



"Microsoft Silverlight cannot be used in browsers running in 64 bit mode."

Guess that's me.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

Hey, are any of the new peoples computer geeks?

Still single, can't imagine why.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
pooflady wrote:"Microsoft Silverlight cannot be used in browsers running in 64 bit mode."

Guess that's me.



Although it says it should work with IE8 and I have that.

It says I can try to download it. I'm going to wait till you're around to do that.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
pooflady wrote:"Microsoft Silverlight cannot be used in browsers running in 64 bit mode."

Guess that's me.

Are you sure?

Still single, can't imagine why.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
FenStar wrote:Are you sure?



"System Type - 64-bit Operating System"



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
pooflady wrote:"System Type - 64-bit Operating System"

Just because you have a 64bit OS doesn't mean you are running 64bit programs. 99% of your programs are still going to be 32 bit.

Still single, can't imagine why.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
FenStar wrote:Just because you have a 64bit OS doesn't mean you are running 64bit programs. 99% of your programs are still going to be 32 bit.



I have no idea what you just said or what it means.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

I can't believe it doesn't work in 64bit, but I see that you are correct. Either DL the 32bit version of IE, or download firefox and use that.

Still single, can't imagine why.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
AZGman wrote:Afternoon, folks.



Hello.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
pooflady wrote:I have no idea what you just said or what it means.



Just install this then get the silverlight pluging and use firefox when you want to use silverlight.

Still single, can't imagine why.

FenStar


quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
AZGman wrote:Afternoon, folks.

Is it that late already? I should do something productive...

Still single, can't imagine why.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Afternoon all! Got home from the local Consumer Expo an hour or so ago. 2 1/2 hours of walking around and getting my card signed by every booth. I didn't buy much, but took everything free I could get!

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
kdccrosby wrote:Afternoon all! Got home from the local Consumer Expo an hour or so ago. 2 1/2 hours of walking around and getting my card signed by every booth. I didn't buy much, but took everything free I could get!



Hope you were gellin'.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
kdccrosby wrote:Afternoon all! Got home from the local Consumer Expo an hour or so ago. 2 1/2 hours of walking around and getting my card signed by every booth. I didn't buy much, but took everything free I could get!



Sounds like fun.

I just fixed broccoli in one of McCormick's Veggie Steamer bags. Garlic and basil. Really good.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
kdccrosby wrote:Afternoon all! Got home from the local Consumer Expo an hour or so ago. 2 1/2 hours of walking around and getting my card signed by every booth. I didn't buy much, but took everything free I could get!



LOVE Expos. Home and Garden one is in March. I want to look at redoing our bathroom... it's had problems since we moved in 6 years ago. Money's the issue of course, but well, my dad and I built a lot of stuff together, I just need an idea, a budget, and the supplies.

We've got a 4 day weekend coming up in two weeks, what to do?

Oh and looking for a small piano or a keyboard, anyone want to get rid of one?

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Afternoon all of a sudden again!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
AZGman wrote:Afternoon all of a sudden again!!



Only until the piano teacher gets here.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Steak for dinner. If were 10 degrees warmer, I'd grill it!!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
AZGman wrote:Hope you were gellin'.



I was a Nike'in.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
AZGman wrote:Steak for dinner. If were 10 degrees warmer, I'd grill it!!



mmm... steak....

I'm having fish of some kind. And some kind of veggie. maybe some brown rice.

haven't decided yet.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
kdccrosby wrote:I was a Nike'in.



Then yer feetses ain't killin' ya?

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
kdccrosby wrote:mmm... steak....

I'm having fish of some kind. And some kind of veggie. maybe some brown rice.

haven't decided yet.



I love fish; I don't love cookin' fish! I've never been very good at it.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Piano lesson #1 went well. My friend is so excited to have a student! None of her kids have wanted to learn.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
AZGman wrote:Then yer feetses ain't killin' ya?



nope! sorry about the delay.

I made the mistake of laying down on the couch and took a little napsie...

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
KtCallista wrote:Piano lesson #1 went well. My friend is so excited to have a student! None of her kids have wanted to learn.



Good! I hope she sticks with it!

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
kdccrosby wrote:Good! I hope she sticks with it!



me too!

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.