sdc100

quality posts: 505 Private Messages sdc100
a992156 wrote:Don't buy!! These things are crap and don't work. The bristles are very uncomfortable and super hard and don't clean, and the toothpaste takes forever to dissolve. You will be throwing these away if you buy them.

Great idea, crap product.

I'm not even sure that they were a great idea to begin with. I mean, after brushing, you'd have all these tiny loose food particles in your mouth but not enough liquid to rinse them out. So the brush is useless. Essentially, then all you're doing is rubbing a alcohol breath drop on your teeth.

It seems much cheaper and more convenient to chew some breath gum or use a breath spray like Binaca. The spray takes a second, provides better coverage, is cheaper per use, more Earth-friendly, and takes up less space in your purse.

Vegan

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Vegan

Is it just me, or do these look like little alien creatures?

sdc100

quality posts: 505 Private Messages sdc100
bbudke wrote:My husband always carries these - I'm gluten-intolerant, and if we're out to dinner and he goes all facedown in the bread basket, there will be no smoochings until he's brushed.

Sure, they make Al Gore cry, but what price gluten-free smooching?

Waitasec ... as far as I can tell, there is no rinsing involved so the brushing leaves loose gluten pieces in his mouth and lips. There is simply no way to dry-spit out all those tiny pieces. So my question to you is: Isn't it safer to have all those gluten pieces stuck in between and on his teeth then to have them loose in his mouth, saliva and lips when you kiss?

In other words, isn't this half-hearted pseudo-brushing more dangerous than not brushing at all?

ZanduarMagnus

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ZanduarMagnus

In for 3. I did some number crunching with prices I found on Amazon for a 16 pack at $4.

4/16 = .25

5/48 = 0.1041666

So basically 10.5 cents on woot compared to 25 cents on Amazon per single brush.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
zephalis wrote:
And the only problem I have with this particular woot is that we only get to order ONE flavor. WOOT! Can we get a variety pack? Please? I'll be in for 3 instead of 1!

You can order three flavors. If you add three, it changes all three to the first selected flavor, just go change the other two flavors. I just ordered three different flavors.

-GG

elendira

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elendira

They don't really clean exactly, but they do help remove a little surface plaque and freshen breath - very good in a pinch. I find that the "paste" dissolves very quickly, but I've only used Cinnamint. That said, I like them as a sweet treat lol. It really tastes good. Bristles fall off very easily and can annoy your mouth however.

zephalis

quality posts: 12 Private Messages zephalis
sdc100 wrote:I'm not even sure that they were a great idea to begin with. I mean, after brushing, you'd have all these tiny loose food particles in your mouth but not enough liquid to rinse them out. So the brush is useless. Essentially, then all you're doing is rubbing a alcohol breath drop on your teeth.

It seems much cheaper and more convenient to chew some breath gum or use a breath spray like Binaca. The spray takes a second, provides better coverage, is cheaper per use, more Earth-friendly, and takes up less space in your purse.
[images removed]

I want to correct you on a couple of points:

1. The beads don't contain alcohol
  2. The brush removes soft surface buildup that sprays definitely won't remove and gum will only remove over tens of minutes

Gum also doesn't clean up to (much less over) the gum line and you have to make sure to chew it using all teeth)

[EDIT] Holy crap that list font is huge! Woot? What's up with that?

rockmasterflex69

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rockmasterflex69

FYI, I work at one of the Colgate-Palmolive plants, and this is cheaper than they sell it for in the store.

jcharlson34

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jcharlson34

I've always wanted to TRY these...so I bought 144 of them...seems reasonable...right?

EricaJoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EricaJoy

Awesome buy, in for 3.

gymvan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gymvan

I used these for 3 weeks in Tanzania when my bags were lost in Kenya =/ They saved my life... or at least my teeth.

gymvan.

MagicalHippy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MagicalHippy
blckshirt98 wrote:Would it be inappropriate to put a box in my cubicle and make everyone who stops by to discuss something use one?

Yes

MagicalHippy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MagicalHippy
zephalis wrote:I want to correct you on a couple of points:

1. The beads don't contain alcohol
  2. The brush removes soft surface buildup that sprays definitely won't remove and gum will only remove over tens of minutes

Gum also doesn't clean up to (much less over) the gum line and you have to make sure to chew it using all teeth)

[EDIT] Holy crap that list font is huge! Woot? What's up with that?

Forgot most of your food stuff ends up on the brush.

Cobaltqube

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cobaltqube
jhitesma wrote:Except that if you look closely at the photos it says "Not for individual resale" right on the front of the packages.

Like that has stopped your average local kwiky mart prop. before ? They all goto Costco these days for stock anyways.. :-)

CobaltQube
I'll have bacon or cheese and a bowl of cereal please..
Making Life Better.. One Woot @ a time
http://bit.ly/Wootlist

izzyizzo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages izzyizzo

When traveling for work it can be tough to get away, especially when with a group. Getting to a drugstore is near-impossible. So these might not be great toothbrushes, but I can think offhand of several times I wish I would have had 'em. Like last week, stranded in Atlanta, city iced over, in a dumpy hotel with no shop, and a toothbrush freshly dropped on the hotel room floor (ew). In for 2.

NickRyder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NickRyder

Hey look, these are $5 + SHIPPING, a great deal ! How can you lose on a deal like that? These things are excellent after that Garlic Sandwich you had for lunch. I keep a few in my car, and in my man purse, it's fun to hand one to a person and insist "PLEASE!" .
Leaves your breath kissing fresh, "It's two, two mints in one!"
Lastly it helps mask the 3 martini lunch when you get back to the office and your speech is slurred as you keep telling your co-workers "I love you man".

bplinson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bplinson

Ar these any good for cleaning out ears?

locotj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages locotj

anyone having problems ordering? I have tried 3 times to get 3 boxes - all denied.

rnma100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rnma100

FYI, Five Below stores had 32 packs of these for $5. At least the Peppermint flavor.
Better value than getting one pack on Woot and same price as getting two.

daschmo1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daschmo1

In for one!

6X bags of crap!

lola4028

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lola4028

I've used these before and really like them. They aren't a substitute for a real toothbrush and toothpaste, but they're great in a pinch. Great for freshening up after a spicy lunch. The bead in the center of the head isn't toothpaste. It's more like a capsule of high powered mouthwash. It also has a toothpick at the other end.

Good for polishing up the grill between brushing. I'm in for 3!

napbecki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages napbecki

my daughter is totally addicted to these things. she has baces and uses them after lunch in school everyday. this is also a great price.

ltgeneralkasty

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ltgeneralkasty

oh god i cant believe im in for 144. though the price i paid for these is heck of a lot cheaper than buying four at the CVS.

ill probably be donating some of these to the local shelter. someone'll be able to use 'em there.

57 shirts and counting (1/8/14)

i got two quality posts?!

bordercolliemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bordercolliemom

I've used these quite often. They are not a replacement for a toothbrush, but they are more effective than one of those breath strips or a mint. They are great for travel. I keep some in my car and despite the temperature changes and long storage, they seem to be the same as when I bought them.

napbecki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages napbecki
rnma100 wrote:FYI, Five Below stores had 32 packs of these for $5. At least the Peppermint flavor.
Better value than getting one pack on Woot and same price as getting two.

our 5 below has 16 packs for $5. have never seen 32 for $5.

kookyface

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kookyface
Crab wrote:What's the expiration date on these things? How long until they become fetid all on their own?

I got a 4 pack in my stocking at christmas and the expiration date is Sept 2011. I would guess no more than 10 months out on these, probably less.

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin

OK I'll ask. Where are these made? Was it Colgate that had a toothpaste recall a few years back because there was old sheetrock or something mixed with the toothpaste?

kookyface

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kookyface
jmbunkin wrote:OK I'll ask. Where are these made? Was it Colgate that had a toothpaste recall a few years back because there was old sheetrock or something mixed with the toothpaste?

My 4 pack states Made in Switzerland

bcaroo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bcaroo

In for 3 - If I hate them they can go into the box for when the kids are collecting personal hygiene items for the homeless.

Besides I can always reuse them to clean small items... :>)

ShyGuy91284

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ShyGuy91284
mykie wrote:FYI for all vegan/vegetarians:

Colgate wisps use a gelatin-based gel-cap to contain the liquid.

While you don't actually swallow this part, fragments of the gelatin could come loose and you might swallow it.

Depending on how dedicated you are to your vegan/vegetarianism, you may want to take this into consideration before purchasing.

Thanks for the tip, prevented me from getting it (it would have been another pointless impulse buy anyways...)

roadhunter

quality posts: 14 Private Messages roadhunter

Has anyone heard of breath mints?

roadhunter

quality posts: 14 Private Messages roadhunter
mykie wrote:FYI for all vegan/vegetarians:

Colgate wisps use a gelatin-based gel-cap to contain the liquid.

While you don't actually swallow this part, fragments of the gelatin could come loose and you might swallow it.

Depending on how dedicated you are to your vegan/vegetarianism, you may want to take this into consideration before purchasing.

Are you saying vegetarians are OK with swishing animal protein around in their mouths as long as they don't swallow it?

deschepperw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deschepperw
Myztri wrote:In for 3. I pay 2 bucks for 4 of them. I am on call a lot, and when I work, I tend to work between 10 and 24 hours at a time (I help women have babies) so fresh mouth is nice when you are up in someones face. I keep some in my purse, work bag, car, diaper bag, etc. Never know when you have to meet a client after a garlic filled lunch.

You help women have babies? Are you a gigilo, because 10 to 24 hours is a lot of... you know.

bkpier

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bkpier
Myztri wrote:In for 3. I pay 2 bucks for 4 of them. I am on call a lot, and when I work, I tend to work between 10 and 24 hours at a time (I help women have babies) so fresh mouth is nice when you are up in someones face.

So that's where babies come from!

conor1976

quality posts: 0 Private Messages conor1976

Are they factory refurbished?

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn
i3aby wrote:I hate these things. I got some for free at a promotion event and used them once when I was late. Big mistake.

Sure you aren't talking about that EPT kit your bought?

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn
jmbunkin wrote:OK I'll ask. Where are these made? Was it Colgate that had a toothpaste recall a few years back because there was old sheetrock or something mixed with the toothpaste?

Usually, it was our dear concerned friends in China. In one case, they used a component of anti-freeze to sweeten the taste of the paste. Most of the stuff was sold in dollar stores.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

ryanmercer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ryanmercer

I love these things but they are expensive (when not on woot) I love keeping some in my desk at work and in my center console in the car, great for when you've had this or that ethnic food leaving your teeth full of stink.

coincopy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coincopy
aeronutx wrote:There is an expiration date on these things.

I bought some of these right before a business trip in October 2009 and still have some of them laying around. The expiration says July 2011.

So it looks like a shelf life of about 2 years.

2 years + 1 day and they might disintegrate in your mouth. Warning warning warning!

I'm sorry but expiration dates are part of the "system". The sooner people realize this, the better.

KamikazeKen

quality posts: 17 Private Messages KamikazeKen
qwertyasd wrote:Just what the planet needs, another single use item. Is this to balance out yesterday's earth friendly offering?

hippie.

coincopy wrote:2 years + 1 day and they might disintegrate in your mouth. Warning warning warning!

I'm sorry but expiration dates are part of the "system". The sooner people realize this, the better.

expiration dates are usually "best by" dates, not EXPIRATION dates.