reganscherencel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reganscherencel

Why does everyone assume these things are only good for using on your mouth?

skmdouglas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skmdouglas

I got these for my son while he was in Iraq. He loved them when he was out on patrol and didn't have access to running water. These would be a great item to add to any care package for soldiers or marines who are deployed.

dwilkins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwilkins

Not a replacement for regular brushing, but they work well in a pinch. I've found that they work best if you chew on them for a bit - softens them up and breaks that hard gel drop of "paste." They'll come in handy as a emergency rations during the End Times!

These were on Shnoop last week @ 3.99 for 16, so this is a great deal! I'm in.

dw

m1lmartin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages m1lmartin

I like these to freshen my breath when I've had onions or coffee. They are great for a quick refresh when I'm in the car. If you are concerned for the environment, recycle them and the packaging. I like them and I bought 4 for $2 for my husband's Christmas stocking. I think they are pretty awesome. I don't like to woof people if I don't have to.

rebeccamilam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rebeccamilam

Love these - great for my purse, and at work (those onion and garlic lunches followed by staff meetings.....). Still had my Password Change promo code, too, so they were even cheaper. In for three!

infin8loop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages infin8loop
williamk99 wrote:I am in the military, and this is a fantastic item for use when you are out and about and don't have access to your toothbrush or other essentials. You can throw a couple of these into your pocket and have fresh breath all day long.

I am in for 3.

Perhaps the military should be following a trail of discarded used Wisp's to find Bin Laden. These would be perfect while running around in the caves.

hdiccicco

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hdiccicco

This is a great video that shows some alternative uses for the Colgate wisp!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQL7Xoe9egI

I found it very helpful...

lightknight

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lightknight

I use these anyways so this price is astoundingly good. I leave them in my car arm rest compartment. Each one is in its own little compartment so opening one doesn't affect the others. The bristles start off a bit harsh but soften quickly. There is a distinct fresh breath feeling afterwards.

Be careful in picking the taste, it makes a big difference.

meloumich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meloumich

How can anyone not like these? I frequently wisp while driving. They're perfect for freshening up after coffee at the office, or any other time between a good brush/floss.

lightknight

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lightknight
meloumich wrote:How can anyone not like these? I frequently wisp while driving. They're perfect for freshening up after coffee at the office, or any other time between a good brush/floss.

Why yes, it is the perfect gift for anyone with severe OCD affecting their need to keep their mouths clean.

rebeltreble

quality posts: 17 Private Messages rebeltreble
sharonie wrote:If you have access to water, not a big deal. I don't know about you, but I drink water everyday... no matter if I'm camping or at the airport.

Apparently you don't go camping like I go camping. I would NEVER waste good water just to brush my teeth and my gear is packed tight. Carrying around a toothbrush + toothpaste + extra water is too much. Instead I can pack 4 of these in half the space, take a much more conservative amount of water, and have a lighter pack. Having a light pack is the key to being able to hike all day.

As far as the airport, again, I pack light. I don't carry water around with me and I'm sure not going to waste my time in a dirty public bathroom with 50 other people doing who knows what while spreading their germs around just to brush my teeth.

These are way better than bianca spray and gum because it actually gets the plaque film off your teeth. They might not be for you, but don't knock people who actually like and have a use for these.

Signatures are harshing my mellow.

nastyducky

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nastyducky

http://dentistry.about.com/od/otherresourc2/fr/colgatewisp.htm

A favorable review - apparently they need to be in your mouth for a few minutes to soften up the bristles, which is fine by me if I'm going to get some after-lunch breath freshening out of the deal. And good for brushing the tongue, which is the real culprit in many cases of bad breath.

These are also nice to put in the guest bathroom for visiting family and friends who have forgotten their toothbrush and brush and can't get to the store until the next day.

nysaemtp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nysaemtp

I actually learned that if you gently bite down on the toothpaste ball with you molars once they work great. I send these to school with my kids just in case they forget to brush their teeth in the morning. My oldest daughter loves them too. Its not designed to be the sole way you practice dental hygiene....just a solid backup plan

nastyducky

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nastyducky
meloumich wrote:How can anyone not like these? I frequently wisp while driving. They're perfect for freshening up after coffee at the office, or any other time between a good brush/floss.

Yeah, that coffee breath, it's deadly.

Foxfire264

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Foxfire264

I use these all the time because I travel for work and when I'm on the plane or running from one business meeting to another they come in handy. The price is great! They aren't comfortable to use but get the job done and you can put them in your carry on bag without having to use the space of your liquids zip lock.

aliusa

quality posts: 7 Private Messages aliusa
mykie wrote:FYI for all vegan/vegetarians:

Colgate wisps use a gelatin-based gel-cap to contain the liquid.

While you don't actually swallow this part, fragments of the gelatin could come loose and you might swallow it.

Depending on how dedicated you are to your vegan/vegetarianism, you may want to take this into consideration before purchasing.

...also for those who are Jewish or Muslim, may want to make sure the gelatin is Kosher or Halal.

carsongell

quality posts: 2 Private Messages carsongell
craighansen wrote:Can I presume that these are TSA-compliant?

Totally TSA compliant, plus, the people sitting around you on the plane will appreciate the freshness which is emanating from your face.

themdg

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themdg

These make an excellent addition to a 72 Hr. emergency kit.

Wootlists are silly.

senderle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages senderle

This may have been said before, but what is the deal with Utah??

I guess the first step is admitting you have a problem...

spencexxx

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spencexxx

Great! Now I can throw out the Woot packaging, open the separate 8-pack packages, then open all the other packages and throw away the products inside! All for the price of 2 or 3 toothbrushes that will last a whole year!

Yeah, great or travel! That REAL toothbrush is SO inconvenient and heavy! And I can't be bothered to get a plastic bag to take my toothpaste with me on the plane.

Feel free to just throw them on the street when you are finished, the world is your oyster.

odysseus619

quality posts: 0 Private Messages odysseus619

Love you crazy ppl and now I can do it with fresher breath lol

slug03

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slug03
senderle wrote:This may have been said before, but what is the deal with Utah??

I'm wondering that myself. Especially given that I'm currently visiting my family in Utah, and just went in for 2, although they'll be shipping back to college in NY. Now I'm really curious...

marshallram

quality posts: 4 Private Messages marshallram

I tried these and thought they were a great idea. They sre not good at all in my opinon. The bristles are stiff and pointy, they gel is basically one of those gel breath mints. After using these, you feel like all you have done is smeared around tarter, small food particles and a goes mint gel. Leaves your mouth feeling gross, slimy and minty + whatever you have eaten. I find that a small bottle of mouth wash is cheaper and workes far more better. It gets between teeth and cleans your tongue too. After using the Wisp I found my self wanting to brush my teeth with a real brush right away.

jwilburfoods

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwilburfoods

Thank goodness they're not used.

ElizardbethWoots

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ElizardbethWoots

At the 12 hour mark it appears that citizens of Maine and Alabama don't much care about oral hygiene but those people from UTAH --- they either really care about their teeth or REALLY love a good deal on bulk products!!

coffeeshopboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeeshopboy

It's too bad these weren't the WOW Rinse Packets from WOW oral care. I could use a bigger supply of those things since I always tend to run out. It puts the Wisps to shame. Woot, Any chance of getting those on your site?? Plllease

pfsvalley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pfsvalley

With my daily work, these things are great. Can't spit in the face of a client

[b][i]miso[i][b][img]http://blog.webosaurs.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/SpongeHorns.jpg[img/]

socceroo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages socceroo

This is why our planet's becoming a giant waste dump.

worldwidewebfeet

quality posts: 33 Private Messages worldwidewebfeet

I hope you get ticketed for distracted driving. And if you don't like the taste of coffee (or whatever) don't drink or eat it.

bryte

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bryte
scholarlyish wrote:I cannot believe people are complaining about the wastefulness and lack of "green". These things are two inches long. And thinner than a pencil. How many of these would it take to fill up a landfill? If it concerns you that much, devote your life to recycling them by creating new things: become the master of the miniature picket fence or something.

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not. They are for one quick use and to be thrown away. With that life cycle, the size becomes irrelevant.

Here is a fact:
"In 2006, U.S. residents, businesses, and institutions produced more than 251 million tons of municipal solid waste, which is approximately 4.6 pounds of waste per person per day." http://www.epa.gov/epawaste/nonhaz/index.htm

Municipal solid waste goes into those landfills you talk about. This amount of garbage is equivalent to burying more than 82,000 football fields six feet deep in compacted garbage.

Unfortunately "spend your life recycling it" is simply not the answer. Recycling creates its own pollution too. These disposable items wouldn't magically become your new North Face fleece or yogurt cups.

My arguments are probably falling on deaf ears as you seem to think that a landfill is the solution to the trash we generate.

drs5700

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drs5700

Love this product!! This is a great price!! Costs 5 dollars for a four pack!

ongware

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ongware

Nothing like dividing your attention between brushing your teeth and the road. I can see the ambulance report now... patient seems to have a toothpick.... no, a wisp! .... stuck through his throat.

Well, at least your mouth will be clean after that hot coffee, hot soup and salad that you had between mile markers 36 and 38, where innocent drivers were brutally driven off the road, and that 3 way conference you had between mile markers 45 and 47, where, though you cleverly avoided a piece of road debris with one hand, you missed the motorcycle that's now in the ditch.

fe428623

quality posts: 9 Private Messages fe428623

At last! A perfect brush for my chihuahua. She's got the fish/butt breath that could kill a skunk!

Badgez? We Don' need no stinkin' badgez!

sharonie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharonie
rebeltreble wrote:Apparently you don't go camping like I go camping. I would NEVER waste good water just to brush my teeth and my gear is packed tight. Carrying around a toothbrush + toothpaste + extra water is too much. Instead I can pack 4 of these in half the space, take a much more conservative amount of water, and have a lighter pack. Having a light pack is the key to being able to hike all day.

As far as the airport, again, I pack light. I don't carry water around with me and I'm sure not going to waste my time in a dirty public bathroom with 50 other people doing who knows what while spreading their germs around just to brush my teeth.

These are way better than bianca spray and gum because it actually gets the plaque film off your teeth. They might not be for you, but don't knock people who actually like and have a use for these.

Woah now. Points taken and I didn't mean to "knock" anyone. They aren't for me, that's all. peace!

ongware

fe428623 wrote:At last! A perfect brush for my chihuahua. She's got the fish/butt breath that could kill a skunk!

Please tell me you're only going to solve one of those problems with this product...

MaskedMarvel

quality posts: 11 Private Messages MaskedMarvel
fe428623 wrote:At last! A perfect brush for my chihuahua. She's got the fish/butt breath that could kill a skunk!

Wondered about that myself.. Good dog toothbrushes?

fe428623

ongware wrote:Please tell me you're only going to solve one of those problems with this product...

Fish/butt breath is just one problem, and a BAD one at that!

moggert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages moggert

I'm not sure if this was mentioned or not, being I am not sifting through all the comments, but when I was in Iraq, these things were awesome. If you know someone serving in OIF/OEF or plan on sending a care package, these should be in it.

ongware

fe428623 wrote:Fish/butt breath is just one problem, and a BAD one at that!

A minted toothbrush to clean a butt.... ?
Sorry, maybe I don't have pets for a reason..

fe428623

bryte wrote:I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not. They are for one quick use and to be thrown away. With that life cycle, the size becomes irrelevant.

Here is a fact:
"In 2006, U.S. residents, businesses, and institutions produced more than 251 million tons of municipal solid waste, which is approximately 4.6 pounds of waste per person per day." http://www.epa.gov/epawaste/nonhaz/index.htm

Municipal solid waste goes into those landfills you talk about. This amount of garbage is equivalent to burying more than 82,000 football fields six feet deep in compacted garbage.

Unfortunately "spend your life recycling it" is simply not the answer. Recycling creates its own pollution too. These disposable items wouldn't magically become your new North Face fleece or yogurt cups.

My arguments are probably falling on deaf ears as you seem to think that a landfill is the solution to the trash we generate.

Fortunately for us, in about 7.6 billion years, the Earth will be swallowed by our expanding sun, thus ending any concerns about municipal solid waste accumulation in landfills.