+ Add a Comment

electronics23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages electronics23
RocketboyX wrote:Normally, when a company say something will ship within x days, it's normally shipped in x/2 days. The extra number of days is just to give themselves a bit of wiggle room, and gives a more honest approximation of when it will ship (half are before, half are after). When someone says it should ship within x days, and it always takes exactly x days, it just makes them look bad. Maybe they should go back to one day Woot-Offs to give themselves more time, or start selling less items per day. Either that, or just be more honest about how long it can take to ship.

Amen

jbwoolybully

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbwoolybully

Tick Tock Tick Tock...sure do wish I had my clock.....cmon Woot!

dommylocks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dommylocks
jbwoolybully wrote:Tick Tock Tick Tock...sure do wish I had my clock.....cmon Woot!

Tick Tock where's my Alarm Clock? Ordered on 11th, charded my CC on the 14th, and today is the 18th? Friday to Monday is 1 day, Mon to Tue is 2 days, Tue to wed is 3 days, Wed to Thur is 4 days, and Thur to Fri is 5 days....

With that logic it should ship today Feb 18th by the close of business (shipping deadline is 4 pm est)

good luck

robb600

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robb600

this is going to be a dead technology by the time I receive it! C'mon woot!

jbwoolybully

dommylocks wrote:Tick Tock where's my Alarm Clock? Ordered on 11th, charded my CC on the 14th, and today is the 18th? Friday to Monday is 1 day, Mon to Tue is 2 days, Tue to wed is 3 days, Wed to Thur is 4 days, and Thur to Fri is 5 days....

With that logic it should ship today Feb 18th by the close of business (shipping deadline is 4 pm est)

good luck

Oh...they meant Earth days. I guess that was implied...But me want instant gratification.

RocketboyX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RocketboyX
robb600 wrote:this is going to be a dead technology by the time I receive it! C'mon woot!

Heck, the updated Dash with the battery will be on woot! before I get this one!

keeping my string of quality free posts alive

toby3232

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby3232

Yeah I'm getting extremely pissed

vlpronj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vlpronj

OK, everybody who hasn't gotten their order by the time Woot! stated it would arrive, raise your hand!

OK, now put your hands down.
1) I can't see you.
2) No one was promised a specific shipping date, much less a date it would arrive.
3) Get used to this. This is Woot! - don't count on orders from Woot! to arrive on time for birthdays, Christmas, or even the spring (oops) I mean March equinox.
4) If you hate this, hate this, hate this - change your HOSTS file so it won't let you visit Woot! anymore. Problem solved.
5) By the way, this would be the appropriate time to start wondering when the order status will change from "You're all set now" to Shipped". Not three days ago.

EDITED TO ADD:
The Woot! monkeys see what site visitors are doing, and they won't pack up your item if you're looking at your order status. Just sayin'.

Rebaros

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rebaros

Just wondered WHY these have not been shipped yet, when the items I ordered on Monday Feb. 14th HAVE been shipped.... what is going on here???

jbwoolybully

....but I've refreshed the page 4000 times and it still doesn't show that it has shipped.

magicmind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages magicmind

beginning search for best price on new version...getting order together...waiting to click order. All pending on EOB update on WOOT. If they no shippy today, I cancel and order new one. If I cancel, I bet the newer one comes home before you get yours

magicmind

magicmind wrote:beginning search for best price on new version...getting order together...waiting to click order. All pending on EOB update on WOOT. If they no shippy today, I cancel and order new one. If I cancel, I bet the newer one comes home before you get yours

http://www.slashgear.com/sony-dash-gets-update-battery-usb-new-design-06123852/

I can wait.....I have gotten used to it. Have a pal at work that missed the woot...he wants my dash. So I can use it for a few months then sell to him and get the newer one. Life is GRAND!

Braveit1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Braveit1
vlpronj wrote:
2) No one was promised a specific shipping date, much less a date it would arrive.

FYI you are wrong. After you place your order the receipt page clearly displays:

"Everything went smoothly. We'll take in all the orders, and begin shipping. You can revisit this page by clicking the order number link on the 'your account' page. If your order doesn't change to 'shipped' within 5 business days, check in our community forums for news of any delay, post there, and/or e-mail our service department at service@woot.com.

Again, your order will typically ship within 5 business days."

Here we are in the community forums looking for posts on when the orders ship. No post, no numbers.

Woot Charter Member #3327

uncw05

quality posts: 1 Private Messages uncw05

Just got this email: Hello dear Wooter! Dear, understanding Wooter. The vendor was unpredictably late in shipping the Sony Dash Personal Internet Viewers to us and in turn, we will be unpredictably late in shipping them back out to you.

We're scheduled to receive them in and ship them out to you on Tuesday (via FedEx Ground unless you've provided a PO Box or military address), which is uncharacteristically a full 7 business days after you ordered. We understand that you may prefer at this point to cancel your order, which you are welcome to by replying to this email with CANCEL 32663819 in the subject line, but please before noon CST on Monday.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please email in with any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
Woot Member Services

kaplanfx

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kaplanfx

I just got a wootmail that passed the buck on to the "vendor" so I'm guessing Sony can't refrubalize these things quick enough. Woot says they will ship next Tuesday. Honestly I'm not in a hurry but I figured I'd let others know in case they don't get the e-mail until later in the day.

-kap

adamp86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adamp86

Just got an email saying the vendor was unpredictably late in shipping the dash to woot and that they should receive and ship them out on Tuesday. Woot also says if for some reason we want to cancel, we can before noon CST on Monday.

wwrgsww

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wwrgsww

Woot screwed up on this one

magicmind

since everyone mentions how slow they have been to ship, do you all really believe they will get them in AND ship on Tuesday?

my first app loaded will be:
http://dash.chumby.com/guide/widget/Woot

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 117 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

uncw05 wrote:Just got this email: Hello dear Wooter! Dear, understanding Wooter. The vendor was unpredictably late in shipping the Sony Dash Personal Internet Viewers to us and in turn, we will be unpredictably late in shipping them back out to you.

We're scheduled to receive them in and ship them out to you on Tuesday (via FedEx Ground unless you've provided a PO Box or military address), which is uncharacteristically a full 7 business days after you ordered. We understand that you may prefer at this point to cancel your order, which you are welcome to by replying to this email with CANCEL 32663819 in the subject line, but please before noon CST on Monday.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please email in with any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
Woot Member Services

This is indeed the email we just sent out. It wasn't intentionally passing the buck, just reporting what's happening- the vendor's shipment is later than intended. We've been told that shippers are still trying to make up from the week+ of weather issues, but we realize that's a hard excuse to swallow as well. I'm happy to address any questions or issues, you're also welcome to email in.

rbnhoodga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rbnhoodga

How common is it for Woot! to sell merchandise they don't have in hand? Or do they not have any merchandise, and it's a just in time delivery sort of arrangement? And if they don't keep merchandise on hand, how common is it for people buying late in the day to have their orders cancelled, because the merchandise to fulfill the orders wouldn't stretch to the number of buyers? It seems like it would be sort of a moving target to sell boxes of widgets when you don't know how many boxes of widgets you have to sell.

I'm not cancelling my order, I'm in it for the long haul now. :-)

~r

Credendo Vides

toby3232

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby3232

ello dear Wooter! Dear, understanding Wooter. The vendor was unpredictably late in shipping the Sony Dash Personal Internet Viewers to us and in turn, we will be unpredictably late in shipping them back out to you.

We're scheduled to receive them in and ship them out to you on Tuesday (via FedEx Ground unless you've provided a PO Box or military address), which is uncharacteristically a full 7 business days after you ordered. We understand that you may prefer at this point to cancel your order, which you are welcome to by replying to this email with CANCEL 32663700 in the subject line, but please before noon CST on Monday.  

Sincerely,
Woot Member Services

Yeah I think it's BS I'm in it for long haul also but they should at least pay to overnight it or do something for us in my opinion

texaskitty2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages texaskitty2

HURRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you're pissing me off to the point that I won't order from you if it takes 2 weeks to get it.

texaskitty2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages texaskitty2
agingdragqueen wrote:This is indeed the email we just sent out. It wasn't intentionally passing the buck, just reporting what's happening- the vendor's shipment is later than intended. We've been told that shippers are still trying to make up from the week+ of weather issues, but we realize that's a hard excuse to swallow as well. I'm happy to address any questions or issues, you're also welcome to email in.

If you didn't have it, why did you offer to sell it? maybe we should just cut you out of the loop and order from the vendor direct?? At least we'd have it on Tuesday and not have to wait for you to turn around and ship it. I think you owe all of us free shipping at least.

deadmongoose

quality posts: 4 Private Messages deadmongoose

I think people need to chill out. If you are that pissed then go ahead and cancel the order like it offers you to do in the email.

Historically, for me, woot has been great about shipping. I'm willing to give them a break every now and then. I'm pretty sure I'll be perfectly fine waiting another week to get an alarm clock that I don't really need.

nolewag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nolewag

Auto-Refreshing the community page to see everyone ranting and raging.

It will get here when it gets here....At least it's FedEx Ground!

vlpronj

Braveit1 wrote:FYI you are wrong

OK, prove I'm wrong - show me where you were promised a specific date your order would ship. You've shown me what I already understood; orders typically ship within 5 business days.
As the e-mail states, this is not typical.

Don't like it? Think they should do something for you?
We understand that you may prefer at this point to cancel your order, which you are welcome to by replying to this email with CANCEL 32------ in the subject line, but please before noon CST on Monday.

Think they shouldn't sell things they don't physically have in stock? Go buy it in person.
Want to buy it directly from a vendor, at a decent price? Just make sure you buy their minimum order; possibly all they have in stock. And then, for those of us that trust Woot!, you still would have been waiting, because the vendor didn't ship promptly.

RocketboyX

vlpronj wrote:And then, for those of us that trust Woot!, you still would have been waiting, because the vendor didn't ship promptly.

Wow, did woot! marry your sister or something?

bgtexag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bgtexag

It was posted a few days ago, and the point is being addressed today (albeit without referencing that it's specifically stated on the site contrary to how it's playing out). Click "What is Woot" above and to the right for the "FAQ". I'll ask the Woot moderators to comment on this bit, considering the email notifying us that an item sold on the 11th won't be in stock until at least the 21st.

I see only one item, do you sell anything else?

No. We sell one item per day until it is sold out or until 11:59pm central time when it is replaced (see next entry for details). However, each item we sell is in stock and typically ships within 2-3 business days.

Certainly, Woot will be receiving something as a way of concession from the vendor whose doorstep they are laying the blame. How about kicking the shipping charge back (at a minimum) given the company's misrepresentation of their inventory and the terms of the sale?

mwinkykitty

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mwinkykitty
bgtexag wrote:It was posted a few days ago, and the point is being addressed today (albeit without referencing that it's specifically stated on the site contrary to how it's playing out). Click "What is Woot" above and to the right for the "FAQ". I'll ask the Woot moderators to comment on this bit, considering the email notifying us that an item sold on the 11th won't be in stock until at least the 21st.

I see only one item, do you sell anything else?

No. We sell one item per day until it is sold out or until 11:59pm central time when it is replaced (see next entry for details). However, each item we sell is in stock and typically ships within 2-3 business days.

Certainly, Woot will be receiving something as a way of concession from the vendor whose doorstep they are laying the blame. How about kicking the shipping charge back (at a minimum) given the company's misrepresentation of their inventory and the terms of the sale?

Actually Tuesday is the 22nd, but who's counting?

5in1killa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 5in1killa

I am placated.

editorkid

quality posts: 91 Private Messages editorkid

Why do you people see only what you want to see?

Braveit1 wrote: Again, your order will typically ship within 5 business days."

bgtexag wrote: However, each item we sell is in stock and typically ships within 2-3 business days.

Let me fix your formatting for you.

Again, your order will typically ship within 5 business days.

However, each item we sell is in stock and typically ships within 2-3 business days.

You're welcome!

vlpronj

RocketboyX wrote:Wow, did woot! marry your sister or something?

Yes, they've been quite happy.
There's a baby coming, but I don't know when. The Dr. didn't give anybody an exact date, just said it typically takes...

vlpronj

bgtexag wrote:However, each item we sell is in stock and typically ships within 2-3 business days

I'll step up and say that Woot! hasn't lived up to this statement, for this item.
I'm not the type, believe it or not, to ignore it when my position has weakened. Although I maintain that no one was promised a delivery or shipping date, I read the quote above as stating that Woot! has the items they are selling IN STOCK, and they've stated to us they didn't. There certainly seems to be a contradiction. Thank you for pointing that out, bgtexag.

wwrgsww

Nothing was said that this item was not in stock...

as I wrote woot customer service, and got a crap answer back, Doing business like that is a gamble.... They are selling goods, they dont physically have, and when something like this happens, its a loss. They should refund shipping or in my case that I asked, Expedite shipping. Why is the customer left being screwed?

Is it that hard to wait until a shipment arrives into the warehouse before posting it?

Also is it that hard to make some form of posting that we can see when we buy a item to know if it is in stock or not? Generally on a One deal a day, a user can assume if its posted, its in stock

wwrgsww

toby3232 wrote:

Yeah I think it's BS I'm in it for long haul also but they should at least pay to overnight it or do something for us in my opinion

This was my message to Woot,

Dear woot,

You guys screwed up on this one. Not the vendor. I would only post something for sale if I knew I had it in the warehouse. Selling something before you physically have it is a gamble and you lost out on this. Per your own site you state that you only sell items in stock.

In return for your unplanned mistake I would like my order sent out FedEx 2 day air at your expense rather than FedEx ground. As a customer for over 6 years I feel you could do much better than this.

and this was their reply..

We won't be expediting orders. We're happy to cancel yours if you'd like.

Tye

bgtexag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bgtexag
editorkid wrote:Why do you people see only what you want to see?

Let me fix your formatting for you.

Again, your order will typically ship within 5 business days.

However, each item we sell is in stock and typically ships within 2-3 business days.

You're welcome!

I'm not sure I understand your point. The underlined portion "...each item we sell is in stock..." is a separate condition from "...typically ships within 2-3 business days."

At issue for me is not that they missed a 2, 3 or even 5 business day shipping window. Rather, my point is that Woot misrepresented the sale by stating that the item was in hand when that clearly wasn't the case for this sale (and possibly others).

So, which of us is seeing what they want to see? I simply pointed out that the stated cause of the delay is in disagreement with the FAQ's representation that products are in stock at the time of the listing. Considering that I made no comment on the shipping time-frame at all, the reply comes off as another knee-jerk "you're impatient" Woot apologist post.

I'm content enough to wait, I just think that Woot has an obligation to operate within the operating framework that they define on their site. A quick FAQ can set things straight if they are moving somewhere between a drop-ship model and one that collects funds first, then negotiates, purchases and arranges shipping from their suppliers the week after. Both are fine; just represent the sale for what it is.

wwrgsww

bgtexag wrote:I'm not sure I understand your point. The underlined portion "...each item we sell is in stock..." is a separate condition from "...typically ships within 2-3 business days."

At issue for me is not that they missed a 2, 3 or even 5 business day shipping window. Rather, my point is that Woot misrepresented the sale by stating that the item was in hand when that clearly wasn't the case for this sale (and possibly others).

So, which of us is seeing what they want to see? I simply pointed out that the stated cause of the delay is in disagreement with the FAQ's representation that products are in stock at the time of the listing. Considering that I made no comment on the shipping time-frame at all, the reply comes off as another knee-jerk "you're impatient" Woot apologist post.

I'm content enough to wait, I just think that Woot has an obligation to operate within the operating framework that they define on their site. A quick FAQ can set things straight if they are moving somewhere between a drop-ship model and one that collects funds first, then negotiates, purchases and arranges shipping from their suppliers the week after. Both are fine; just represent the sale for what it is.

well said!

mechanicsc

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mechanicsc
wwrgsww wrote:This was my message to Woot,

Dear woot,

You guys screwed up on this one. Not the vendor. I would only post something for sale if I knew I had it in the warehouse. Selling something before you physically have it is a gamble and you lost out on this. Per your own site you state that you only sell items in stock.

In return for your unplanned mistake I would like my order sent out FedEx 2 day air at your expense rather than FedEx ground. As a customer for over 6 years I feel you could do much better than this.

and this was their reply..

We won't be expediting orders. We're happy to cancel yours if you'd like.

Tye

That letter you sent will probably get you the super anti-expedite shipping service... last one kicked out the door and carried by a hitchhiker.

Relax. Woot said there was a problem, they apologized, and they are working on it. No sense in getting all worked up about it.

RocketboyX

vlpronj wrote:Yes, they've been quite happy.
There's a baby coming, but I don't know when. The Dr. didn't give anybody an exact date, just said it typically takes...

Well, in the doc's defense he did give a few week period, and well, if there is no indication that the baby will ready for delivery at that point, well, I'd be worried myself...

Either way, congrats to the both of them..

RocketboyX

bgtexag wrote:Rather, my point is that Woot misrepresented the sale by stating that the item was in hand when that clearly wasn't the case for this sale (and possibly others)....A quick FAQ can set things straight if they are moving somewhere between a drop-ship model and one that collects funds first, then negotiates, purchases and arranges shipping from their suppliers the week after. Both are fine; just represent the sale for what it is.

This may (or may not) bring into question on why people were charged for products that woot! themselves don't even have. That is a little shady if you ask me... Either way, if they were upfront, and didn't charge my account until after they had physical possession of the items, I wouldn't have cared..

Either way, I'm getting a great deal on something that I'll get a ton of use out of. I wouldn't have been wondering what was going on if I knew that it was going to be delayed (and wasn't charged so fast), and my impatience is a result of the lack of clarification, and the knowledge that I got a great deal on something that I will use often.

Either way, woot! please be more upfront, and you'd have less people wondering what's going on. Also, the harshest critic can sometimes be the best customer.