0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Vizio 37" 1080p LCD HDTV
$319.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

NightGhost

quality posts: 1905 Private Messages NightGhost

jeffiekins

quality posts: 55 Private Messages jeffiekins

Yes and no: for TVs, anything less than $10 per inch in a really good deal. With the warranty, it's exactly that. Seems like a poor idea to not get a warranty on a re-furb LCD.

I'm supposed to buy something? But we're having so much fun with things as they are, I don't want to ruin it!
Purchases: 18 / 11 (nobody cares what, so I won't tell you);
Brownies of Cannabis: 1 / 12 (Thanks, Wootalyzer! -- would it help if I called them something else?).

Wootieful

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Wootieful

60Hz is a deal killer....

riocobra

quality posts: 12 Private Messages riocobra

That remote looks like it time traveled from the 1980's. All it needs is brushed metal buttons.

tylerg2002

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tylerg2002

I bought this from Woot back in November when it was $20 more, and I love it. I use it as a monitor for my computer and to watch Blu-rays on. The picture is amazing, the color is spot-on and it is a great deal. The only problem I've had is that the TV get stuck in a vertical scroll when the resolution is set to 1920x1080. I've yet to figure out a cause, but I prefer a little lower resolution anyway.

KyserSoze

quality posts: 18 Private Messages KyserSoze

Wouldn't the water on the screen ruin it?

cheroke55

quality posts: 37 Private Messages cheroke55
jeffiekins wrote:Yes and no: for TVs, anything less than $10 per inch in a really good deal. With the warranty, it's exactly that. Seems like a poor idea to not get a warranty on a re-furb LCD.

Get a Squaretrade extended warranty. I have one on everything electric in my house.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Regurgitated:

Fall 2010 PC World reader survey on HDTV: Vizio above average

http://www.pcworld.com/article/211088/2010_reliability_and_service_survey_hdtvs.html

Summer 2010 PC Magazine reader survey on HDTV:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2368161,00.asp

Vizio 4th best on the table:
http://www.pcmag.com/image_popup/0,1871,iid=267315,00.asp

rkdasgud

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rkdasgud

knyle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages knyle

Same Product from Wal-mart, $480.

Beaten to the punch.

Plus, as stated before, anything under $10 an inch is usually great for a television.

wootchawant

quality posts: 67 Private Messages wootchawant

this model was my first flat-screen TV purchase, and i absolutely love it! after 3 1/2 years, it is still in perfect working order, and i've never experienced a single issue with its performance. vizio makes great TVs at a great price...

p.s. that remote seems ancient! none of my vizio remotes look like that at all.

so wootchawootchawootchawant?! you're so funny with that money that you flaunt...

rachel1127

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachel1127
Wootieful wrote:60Hz is a deal killer....

I concur...

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Product website, with 28 pretty good reviews:

http://www.vizio.com/e370vl.html

Tdavis81

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Tdavis81
Wootieful wrote:60Hz is a deal killer....

At that size I don't think it a big deal, I could be wrong. Its a good price for a 37".
I bought the 47" vizio they had on here recently and I love it, Great picture quality!! Although it is 120hz.

andrelook

quality posts: 6 Private Messages andrelook

The remote, from my experience of 30 remotes (or more) looks really ergonomic. It should
fit the hand well and the buttons appear to be easy to push and find without looking. I give it
9 out of 10 without even touching it It looks like I can handle it better than most you get today.

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 35 Private Messages dernst_ca1

My brother recently purchased a Vizio from Costco.. There is a reason they have an unconditional return policy.. they thing overheated right out of the box... 8-/

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii

only uses 70 watts so easy on the electric bill.

JTSANDERSJR

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JTSANDERSJR

SAVE THE BOX IT COMES IN. I THREW MINE AWAY TOO SOON. IT WAS A BEAR TO REPACK. ALSO, FREIGHT BACK TO CARROLLTON, TX FROM NC WAS
$125.00. BUY LOCALLY.

xarph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xarph

I have this TV. I cannot get it to negotiate HDCP with my Xbox 360. It works fine with all my other devices, though. YMMV.

moneybanks2009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moneybanks2009

Pretty good deal but only 60HZ refresh rate isnt the best but for the price hard to pass up

mkentosh

quality posts: 308 Private Messages mkentosh

does anyone know what the demensions of unit are? I have a cabinet I want to put this in.

bsfatboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsfatboy

60hz is fine for movies. 120hz makes movies look unnatural.

pfr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pfr
rachel1127 wrote:I concur...

Is it a deal killer for gaming only? Or if I was gonna use this for Hulu, Excel, Web Browsing and Email?

pfr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pfr
pfr wrote:Is it a deal killer for gaming only? Or if I was gonna use this for Hulu, Excel, Web Browsing and Email?

dang. woot picked a pretty spot-on avatar for me, before my haircut this past tuesday!

brennyn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brennyn
bsfatboy wrote:60hz is fine for movies. 120hz makes movies look unnatural.

Even if you don't like the unnatural smoothness, the real utility of 120 Hz is that it's the lowest common denominator of 24 and 30.

NightGhost

mkentosh wrote:does anyone know what the demensions of unit are? I have a cabinet I want to put this in.

From the item page:

Dimensions with Stand: 36.13"W x 25.23"H x 8.28"D
Dimensions without Stand: 36.13"W x 23.64"H x 3.67"D

drewcp

quality posts: 20 Private Messages drewcp
wootchawant wrote:this model was my first flat-screen TV purchase, and i absolutely love it! after 3 1/2 years, it is still in perfect working order, and i've never experienced a single issue with its performance. vizio makes great TVs at a great price...

p.s. that remote seems ancient! none of my vizio remotes look like that at all.

You may have a similar TV but it's not the same as this one if you've had it for 3.5 years. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure this (E370VL) is the 2010 model. If you bought your TV in 2007 you probably have a VX37L or a VW37L.

NightGhost

Here's the manual

jerrryy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerrryy
mkentosh wrote:does anyone know what the demensions of unit are? I have a cabinet I want to put this in.

Without stand: 36.13 Wide 23.64 High 3.67 Deep
More dimensions if you scroll down main page after photos.

customizedsolutions

quality posts: 0 Private Messages customizedsolutions

I'm in for one. Stepping into the late 1990's. Second to last step in fazing out the CRTs.

After this, assuming the referb is OK, there will only be one tube left in the house.

There can be only one.

pelverud

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pelverud

I have had the 120hz version of this 37" Vizio for a year and a half and love it. It is the best under $1,000 TV I have seen. Even those with Sony's etc. are amazed at how clear the picture is. I think they are all suckers, you get way more, for way less with Vizio. I even got a Vizio Blu-Ray player with mine for free! I went out 6 months ago and bought a 26" Vizio and Vizio Blu-Ray for my upstairs spare room. All 4 were less than what a friend paid for a 42" Samsung 60hz that is no better. As I said earlier: suckers!

Logan5nx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Logan5nx

Amazon review mentions a low hum through speakers at all times, even on mute. Anybody know if this is common or just some bad models?

Is there an option to turn off the lighted logo on the front? It always bugged me on a family member's vizio.

Thanks in advance.

NightGhost

Logan5nx wrote:Amazon review mentions a low hum through speakers at all times, even on mute. Anybody know if this is common or just some bad models?

Is there an option to turn off the lighted logo on the front? It always bugged me on a family member's vizio.

Thanks in advance.

consumerreports.org

"Had a hum from the day it was purchased. Attempted Vizio troubleshooting steps but hum remained. Called support and had tech come out. He replaced the AV board and hum no longer exists."

Googling "Vizio E370VL hum" does reveal a few complaints.

And:

Vizio support page

"The back-lit Vizio logo stays on even when the TV is off. (Come on, Vizio!)"

"If I had ONE complaint it would be that the VIZIO logo/power-on indicator is placed right under the screen... and is rather large and bright, which distracts my eye while watching the set. So much so i had to place a piece of black electricians tape across it to block the light. Grrr!"

kotsu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kotsu

Bought one of these when Woot had them in November. Bought a warranty just in case, but has been working great & I've had no issues with it. Can't beat that price (even with a warranty)!

Edit: If anyone has any issues with the sound on the TV (specifically the volume differences between different channels) make sure to turn SRS TruSurround HD and SRS TruVolume off from the menu.

jerrryy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerrryy
Logan5nx wrote:Amazon review mentions a low hum through speakers at all times, even on mute. Anybody know if this is common or just some bad models?

Thanks in advance.

After market product, same as I use on my check engine light, black electrical tape.LOL

sinameki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sinameki

I agree with Tdavis81. 37 inch is not enough for me too. I absolutely prefer a VIZIO SV470 instead.

cnflrpngrkn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cnflrpngrkn

There aren't any 37" TVs cheaper on Amazon. I'll sleep on it.