pbear88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pbear88

I got mine on Thursday afternoon. I never got a tracking number, i was lucky i was home at the time.

TheRealHRM

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheRealHRM
pbear88 wrote:I got mine on Thursday afternoon. I never got a tracking number, i was lucky i was home at the time.

Usually I don't care about when woot stuff gets here, but I am really looking forward to upgrade the 27inch tube in the bedroom. I'm hoping mine is on the way too, if not, for $5 shipping it is hard to complain.

dududinh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dududinh

came home to a tv waiting outside my door! i too didn't have a tracking number or any updates through woot.

TheRealHRM

Where are you folks?

(Please say North East....lol)

chavezg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chavezg

I just received mine! I'm in Berkeley, CA.

buzzfledderjohn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buzzfledderjohn
racerxs wrote:No change in status yet....no tracking number yet...but this is just the 5th business day today...a lot of businesses do not post tracking numbers until the close of the business day or the following day.

Tomorrow will be Saturday and not a business day, will it update then?

Still haven't received it.

prkrastn88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prkrastn88

Got mine today, was waiting for me when I got home for work. Didnt have a tracing or anything from woot. I live in Tucson, AZ.

heaventhepope

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heaventhepope

I just got my tracking info. Scheduled delivery of Monday, March 7.

cutemina8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cutemina8

just got mine today! northern california

themenace21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages themenace21

Mine just got here! I'm in Phoenix.

buzzfledderjohn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buzzfledderjohn

Just changed to shipped. Awesome.

anderchoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anderchoi
anderchoi wrote:i was just wondering about that myself...or for that matter...anyone have their status changed to "shipped" yet?

huh..i got mine delivered today...then 2 hours later i got the email that it was shipped!

and yeah...lucky my wife was home...it was a ring and run...left it on my porch..good thing i live in a good neighborhood...

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

I'm scheduled for Tuesday delivery in NC.

sillycow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sillycow

Got shipping info last night... Tuesday, March 8, delivery in Chicago.

eddywasheredotcom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eddywasheredotcom

Just kidding.

Woot item was a Win!

Rivkad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rivkad

Got mine set up, but discovered the parental controls are set and I don't know the password! Refurb. Darn.

Rivka D

Leftard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Leftard
Rivkad wrote:Got mine set up, but discovered the parental controls are set and I don't know the password! Refurb. Darn.

You have 10,000 options.
Option 1) Try the default Vizio password '0000'
Options 2 thru 10,000... start at '0001' and proceed to '9999'.

It appears Vizio does not reset the Parental Password when reseting the main memory.

TheRealHRM

Rivkad wrote:Got mine set up, but discovered the parental controls are set and I don't know the password! Refurb. Darn.

From eHow

.Things You'll Need:
Remote control
Turn on the Vizio TV using the remote control, if the TV is not already on.

Press the "Menu" button on the remote control to enter the Main menu screen.

Push the directional pad on the remote control to the right until you come to the "Settings" icon. Press the "Enter" button on the remote control to display the "Settings" menu on the screen.

Push down on the directional pad on the remote control until you come to "Factory Reset." Press the "Enter" button on the remote control to display the "Factory Reset" menu on the screen.

Push down on the directional pad on the remote control until you come to "Reset All Settings."

Push left on the directional pad on the remote to cause the Vizio to reset itself. Wait as the TV goes black and then restarts. Go through the settings and change them so they are the same as they were before the reset.

Read more: How to Reset a Vizio TV | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_6914107_reset-vizio-tv.html#ixzz1FrGvTi4G

Leftard

From the Vizio manual for this TV:
---------------------------------------
Reset TV Settings
Return all Picture and Audio settings to factory default. A screen will come
up to confirm your selection or to cancel it. Press Left or Right Navigation
buttons to make the selection, and then press OK to accept it.
Note: This does NOT reset the Parental Control Password.
Clear Memory (Factory Default)
Use this function to reset the TV to the default factory settings. The screen
will display a message to confirm that you want to reset the values to
factory settings. Press ◄ or ► to make the selection, and then press OK to
accept it.
Note: This does NOT reset the Parental Control Password.

------------------------------------------
For Rivkad's sake, I hope the Vizio manual is wrong.

joyner

On the truck for delivery.

jrmalicki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrmalicki

I received all email notifications and the tracking on Fed Ex was great. I live in a suburb of Philadelphia and mine was delivered this morning. I work close to home and was able to run home at lunch and bring it inside. It was left on the front stoop in an inconspicuous brown box that does not scream "TV Inside" and/or "steal me". Didn't have time to hook it up yet, but looking forward to doing so this evening.

alohman44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alohman44

Just recieved mine. Base neck was not installed and screw pack for it has the wrong screws. Have to go to hardware store to get proper length screws. Does anyone know the proper length before i buy the wrong ones

CHellemn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages CHellemn

Got ours today, Fedex delivered it with a huge hole in the box and a lovely shattered screen. :/

Leftard

Got mine today as well, sorry to hear a few are having issues.
I'm thrilled with mine(knock on wood).
My only HD source atm, is OTA.
So vast majority of viewing for a short while will SD.
But even then, the 'black barred' SD viewing area is bigger than the viewing area of my old 27" tube tv.

Just in case someone else needs it, the Vizio remote code for Dish Network's remote models 6.3(UHF Pro) and the 5.0(IR) that worked for me was '627'.

As for the lighted Vizio logo, I can't see it bothering me.

alohman44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alohman44

Can someone please tell me there base neck part number and base part number?

CHellemn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages CHellemn

No replacement for us. Woot is out and it could take weeks for a refund. Real nice Woot.

unc25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unc25

Received mine yesterday evening, Metro Atlanta, Ga.
Absolutely love it! No problems whatsoever aside from not being able to program my dang DirecTv remote...tried all the codes I could find and still cant get it to work.

alohaman44.......As far as the base goes, there is only one screw and it is in the middle. Its a small screw with a swivel "D ring" attached you simply unscrew it, put the base in then screw the single screw in place. I hope this reaches you in time before you purchase 6 screws and start to tear something up.

chrisi621

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrisi621

I got mine last week. does anyone else have an annoying buzzing sound coming from the speakers? It is less noticeable when there is sound coming from what I'm watching, but if there is like a moment between dialogue and no background music...BUZZZZZ it is pretty annoying.

Leftard

I do have one issue.
It reeks of plastic'y or electronic type of odor.
Very strong.
Anybody else notice it?

seagroove

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seagroove
chrisi621 wrote:I got mine last week. does anyone else have an annoying buzzing sound coming from the speakers? It is less noticeable when there is sound coming from what I'm watching, but if there is like a moment between dialogue and no background music...BUZZZZZ it is pretty annoying.

I have that intermittently at times. Mine also doesn't have consistent volume - sometimes it gets so quiet, then I turn the volume up and minutes later the volume is way too loud. Any suggestions? I've never had any problems with refurb products from Woot thus far, including the Vizio 26" TV I purchased last year.

vhines57

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vhines57

I have the buzzing noise as well, when the volume is very low. Aside from that, I'm thrilled with this TV. The picture is beautiful and is much better than the 32" we had.

joyner

Hubby unpacked and set up the Vizio today. It is fabulous. No problems except for what to do with the huge tube it replaced. The SD picture is great. Hubby hooked up a surround sound system. I think this has a better picture than the 32" Vizio we got from Woot a couple of years ago.

customizedsolutions

quality posts: 0 Private Messages customizedsolutions

I have the buzzing issue. It's not too bad, I can definitely live with it.

A tip for those of you who want to use the RGB (VGA) input:

The remote control doesn't have a dedicated button for the RGB input (VGA). But if you or someone you know has a Harmony remote, there is one available as an additional button!

This requires you to either use a learning remote, or a Harmony remote. But you can have a dedicated button to switch to the VGA input.

I have my $20 Sony learning remote setup to have TV, VGA, and Component as dedicated buttons.