WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

What's the deal with all these stupid monkeys all the time? Whence comes Woot's primate pedigree? And when's the new Monkey Prize wine coming out? It's all explained in this highly factual video! Dallas Zoo photo by Lindsay Bernsen: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tadaitslindsay/3018201836/ Boiler Room photo by Jeff Kubina: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kubina/448428650/

rileymjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rileymjr

i haz a feeling monkey prize will drop on april foolz day

blueflamingo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blueflamingo

I was certain that Ronald Reagan and the famous movie, Bedtime for Bonzo would have had something to do with the monkey influence.
Oh well, I guess it's bedtime.

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
rileymjr wrote:i haz a feeling monkey prize will drop on april foolz day

Ya think? Maybe because they've said exactly that in two videos now... Derp!

I missed the 1st monkey wine. How much did that stuff cost? Was it cheap...uh, Im mean..."affordable"?

chenml

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chenml

i am new here

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
chenml wrote:i am new here

Welcome! If you have questions about what this site is all about, check out the FAQ page. I found it to be helpful when I first became acquainted with woot.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

I got a monkey prize in the PS contest and actually received it, albeit several months after winning the award. That monkey still hangs from my monitor as a testament to my shame.

UncleAdam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages UncleAdam

And here I thought it was because you read all of the Wizard of Oz books and knew that Woot was a boy who was turned into a green monkey in the 1918 book The Tin Woodman of Oz. Since I know you probably won't read it, here is the wikipedia article about it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tin_Woodman_of_Oz

Yeah I have too much time on my hands.

Adam

Slydon

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

UncleAdam wrote:And here I thought it was because you read all of the Wizard of Oz books and knew that Woot was a boy who was turned into a green monkey in the 1918 book The Tin Woodman of Oz.

We've also got connections with an African god.

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

keinah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keinah

I just finished watching the video and I must admit I miss my screaming woot monkey. It just got so irritating, I slung mine over the fence so the neighbor's dogs could destroy it. I never saw it again.
So....in regret, I'm hoping on April first, you will unleash more woot screaming monkeys so I can fill the void.

duodec

quality posts: 14 Private Messages duodec

I was not here then, back in the before when monkeys were not uniform and were largely silent. I have seen many of the newer screamers and am pleased. But I will not rest, nor leave, nor stand idly by should Woot! decide to de-primate itself, until we get Zombie Monkeys. That is the pinnacle, the ultimate monkey. And of all the monkeysources in all the intarwebs of all this sad world, only Woot! could bring us this epitome of class, taste, and blood and brain dripping elegance.

I await.

Look upon my Avatar, ye whiny, and despair!

enville

quality posts: 2 Private Messages enville
duodec wrote:... until we get Zombie Monkeys. That is the pinnacle, the ultimate monkey. And of all the monkeysources in all the intarwebs of all this sad world, only Woot! could bring us this epitome of class, taste, and blood and brain dripping elegance.

sounds like the perfect idea for the long overdue marriage of Woot and Archie McPhee, the orginal home of bags of crap (the surprise box)

emcee2k

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emcee2k

What's going on at 3:41? There's like, little ghost people walking around.

TBest10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TBest10

Best. Crappy. Woot. Video. Podcast. Ever. !.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

I STILL HAVEN"T GOTTEN MY MONKEY PRIZE!

I don't even remember what contest number it was anymore.

Still single, can't imagine why.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
tgentry wrote:I got a monkey prize in the PS contest and actually received it, albeit several months after winning the award. That monkey still hangs from my monitor as a testament to my shame.

I remember KT got a shell one, but must of us didn't. You also made a small amount of $$$$.

http://www.freewebs.com/wootleaderboard/

Still single, can't imagine why.

brian188

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brian188

Most of those in the video are apes not monkeys. Get your mascots straight woot! ;)

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

FenStar wrote:I STILL HAVEN"T GOTTEN MY MONKEY PRIZE!

It is so sad you are the only one who came to gripe about the missing monkey. I guess the rest finally gave up.

Yes, KT got a seashell monkey and hated it!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:It is so sad you are the only one who came to gripe about the missing monkey. I guess the rest finally gave up.

Yes, KT got a seashell monkey and hated it!

It was pretty creepy.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

thespaniardsteve

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thespaniardsteve
FenStar wrote:I STILL HAVEN"T GOTTEN MY MONKEY PRIZE!

I also never received my monkey prize for contest 194 in October 2008!! I made a Gizmo of gizmos, and was deemed crappy enough for the special prize.

-Spaniard

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

thespaniardsteve wrote:I also never received my monkey prize for contest 194 in October 2008!! I made a Gizmo of gizmos, and was deemed crappy enough for the special prize.

OK! You haven't forgotten!
Let the monkey prize revolt begin again!!!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew

FenStar, Steve, check your Private Messages.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

matthew wrote:FenStar, Steve, check your Private Messages.

OH

My

god

You mean there may be monkeys???????????

Would the money prizes be hidden there somewhere too?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

hmm, did I spy with my third eye a mini BLUE woot monkey that hasn't been sold yet?

that was fun while it lasted!