0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Neat Receipts v4.0 Document Management System with Scanner
$69.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

TechGuy125

quality posts: 22 Private Messages TechGuy125

Product site http://www.neatco.com/?utm_nooverride=1&gclid=CPPIo7yG_acCFQpm7AodQHmQtA

NightGhost

quality posts: 1906 Private Messages NightGhost

lalaclassic

quality posts: 51 Private Messages lalaclassic

Does this scan even those tiny receipts from like gas stations and stuff?

zzzaap

quality posts: 51 Private Messages zzzaap

Oooh, this will be perfect for when I need to copy a classmate's notes at school.

kaznai

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kaznai

I was about to hit the "I want one!" button until you said I couldn't have the receipt. I want to know what the Woot! overlords bought! Are you hiding something?

I don't usually have much to say, so words from me mean you're doing something very right.

andrelook

quality posts: 6 Private Messages andrelook

Can I get a good result by putting this, with a computer laptop, in my work truck and run
scans without much babysitting? I'd like that. Do you use a system now like this? if so
what does this do better than that one you're using?

erick99

quality posts: 21 Private Messages erick99

The Cree flashlight on deals.woot is a great price and those flashlights are amazing. I bought a pair during the last woot-off though those were much bigger. Cree LEDs are amazingly bright and they are white, not that bluish sorta color.

Erick R Williams
Only worry about the present. The past is over and the future will be the present soon enough

bmw66x

quality posts: 48 Private Messages bmw66x

**Totally NOT guaranteed to arrive in time for April 15, Ides of April and Day of Taxes**

Disclaimer added.

I'm Bryan. Nice to meet you, Wooter.

equazcion

quality posts: 65 Private Messages equazcion

Spoiled by yesterday, I now refuse to buy anything that doesn't require beating a fl@sh game first.

Have you been eating that sandwich again?

keysmad

quality posts: 10 Private Messages keysmad

I actually bought this last time and I have to say that I'm very happy with it. I threw out my big scanner because this does everything that I need. For those who are curious, it will scan at least two pieces of paper that are bound by a staple. That's as far as I've pushed it though.

artbishop01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artbishop01

seems a little expensive for a refurbished one pound handheld scanner..!!

zzzaap

quality posts: 51 Private Messages zzzaap

I don't know if I did this correctly, but a Letter Size paper will be scanned to 5100x6600?

zyrilia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zyrilia
artbishop01 wrote:seems a little expensive for a refurbished one pound handheld scanner..!!

You're paying more for the software than the hardware. Considering the new price of this setup, this is pretty good.

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says 'go away' in every language.

keysmad

quality posts: 10 Private Messages keysmad
lalaclassic wrote:Does this scan even those tiny receipts from like gas stations and stuff?

Yes, and for the most part, it does a pretty good job. The little program that comes with it can usually pick out both the tax and the final cost most of the time.

bear11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bear11

where's my receipt so I can expense this?

iGGz

quality posts: 7 Private Messages iGGz

I was given one of these for work to scan receipts, works really well and the software is easy to use. Made my life a lot easier.

Oh it also does a pretty good job at auto-filling certain inputs.

Example, if you scan a Subway receipt, it will automatically put Subway in the restaurant name, put the category as meals, and automatically put in the tax and final $ amount. It's not perfect, but it filled everything in correctly most of the time.

You can then save all the receipt images to a PDF

i am woot's god.

You're the giant Ken Jennings head? HOW DID YOU GET OUT?

NightGhost

quality posts: 1906 Private Messages NightGhost

Gee, this is really neat!

equazcion

NightGhost wrote:Gee, this is really neat!

Oh no you don't. You've got enough quality posts that you don't get to tap the pun pool. Leave something for the little people.

negemo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages negemo

How about April 18th? Since that's when taxes are due this year. If someone is concerned about having the scanner in time to prepare their tax returns, worst case scenario fill out an application for an automatic extension (IRS Form 4868), and file and prepare your taxes once the scanner arrives.

bmw66x wrote:**Totally NOT guaranteed to arrive in time for April 15, Ides of April and Day of Taxes**

Disclaimer added.

billycrook

quality posts: 1 Private Messages billycrook

SEVERE WARNING: Not completely functional.

Specific instructions:
Use the firmware file that comes with your scanner. Other firmware files may not work. Calibration is not available, area selection is limited - positioning does currently not work.

Source:
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/gt68xx-backend/

(This NeatReceipts scanner is a re-branded Plustek OpticSlim M12, and that's why gt68xx is its driver.)

LEMON. DO NOT BUY.

PsychedelicBreakfast

quality posts: 9 Private Messages PsychedelicBreakfast

No receipt? No thank you.

iGGz

quality posts: 7 Private Messages iGGz
NightGhost wrote:Gee, this is really neat!

i am woot's god.

You're the giant Ken Jennings head? HOW DID YOU GET OUT?

ojohn

quality posts: 42 Private Messages ojohn

This is good - I got the V3.0 version here some time ago. V3.0 and V4.0 refer to the software. The scanners are functionally identical.

It does scan tiny receipts, probably 1.5" x 2" is about the smallest it will recognize as a receipt. It can even scan, in one piece and one graphics file, those 36" long receipts that some store registers print.

It has a TWAIN driver so you can use it with any graphics program, so yes you can copy your classmate's notes from school. The scanner when used with a real graphics program is photo quality. (Not as good as a $500 scanner of course but as good as any flatbed in the price range.)

If you don't have or want to use other graphics software, you can still scan anything in the Neat software, and even if it can't figure out what it is, you can save the graphic image it scanned as a graphics file so you can email it or whatever.

Yes, you can keep it in your truck with your laptop. It runs from the USB port only, no other power needed.

Some people might think it's "a little expensive" but you are paying for the Neat software also, which scans and OCR reads the receipts and automatically puts the Store Name, Item, and Price and Tax in its database. In most cases it figures out whether it's tax deductible too. It already knows nearly all national chain store names and logos and you can train it for local businesses too.

You can feed receipts in sideways or upside down in rotation (printed side must always be down) and the software rights it for its purposes. You can also rotate the image file yourself after the scan, if you have some reason to.

Yes, this scanner hardware piece itself is sold under other names and even sold by itself without any software. Those are still more expensive as far as I've seen.

This woot price is a good deal IMHO if you need something like this. Even as "re furb" it comes as good as new.

jjordan84

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jjordan84

My work issues these out for all of us that are always on the road. You can scan into the included software or scan them into a PDF. I turn all of my weekly reciepts into a PDF before uploading them into Concur. Never had any problem with mine and haven't heard a complaint from any of the other guys either.

At this price I would call it a hit!

md1207

quality posts: 8 Private Messages md1207
billycrook wrote:SEVERE WARNING: Not completely functional.

Specific instructions:
Use the firmware file that comes with your scanner. Other firmware files may not work. Calibration is not available, area selection is limited - positioning does currently not work.

Source:
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/gt68xx-backend/

(This NeatReceipts scanner is a re-branded Plustek OpticSlim M12, and that's why gt68xx is its driver.)

LEMON. DO NOT BUY.

How is it a lemon, just because it doesn't work with the gt68xx driver on the page you refer to?

ojohn

quality posts: 42 Private Messages ojohn
md1207 wrote:How is it a lemon, just because it doesn't work with the gt68xx driver on the page you refer to?

That stuff is irrelevant. Neat sells this one to work on Windows, they do have a different Mac version, but that driver page is trying to hack a bunch of scanners to work in Unix. And that site hasn't been updated since 2008. And that page even says, for all the scanners it lists, to use the firmware that comes with the scanner.

So, don't expect this one to be hackable for use in Unix. YAWN.

SchmooBro

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SchmooBro

I always figure prices should go down over time. But, the last several times Woot has offered this, the price is up.

The price from a "Woot Off" in June,20009

Neat Receipts v4.0 Document Management System with Scanner [Refurbished]- $54.99 + $5 shipping

billycrook

ojohn wrote:
So, don't expect this one to be hackable for use in Unix. YAWN.

L A M E .

I don't want to hack it in Unix. I want to stick paper in it, and get pdfs out of it. It's not my problem that they failed to offer factory support for computers. When a bunch of random people working together is required to make it work, it's going to come out halfbaked, and that's exclusively the fault of NeatReceipts/Plustek.

SHODDY OEM SUPPORT. BEWARE.

unfunn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unfunn

Will this work with my Mac, or is it Windows only?

billycrook

unfunn wrote:Will this work with my Mac, or is it Windows only?

Macs are a UNIX variant. S.O.L. for you. What were you even thinking not using Windows. Are you some sort of deviant? No. You're a human.

kukreja

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kukreja

Seriously... I've tried them all, including this piece of junk. If you want to go paperless and do it with ease, get the ScanSnap S1300. I just got mine and LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

Worth the extra money! You'll make up for it in productivity and lack of frustration.

Don't believe me, look at the reviews!

http://www.amazon.com/Fujitsu-ScanSnap-Instant-Sheet-Fed-PA03603-B005/dp/B003990GMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1301725155&sr=8-1

kukreja

SchmooBro wrote:I always figure prices should go down over time. But, the last several times Woot has offered this, the price is up.

The price from a "Woot Off" in June,20009

It's tax time so they know (or think) they can charge more! lol (shame shame)

kukreja

NightGhost wrote:

Hey good job on digging up my old posts! lol

Do I get some bonus quality posts for doing that.... way back then!?

beaglessf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beaglessf

Maybe someone can answer a question for me. Why would anyone buy this knowing that enough of them have broken for Woot to offer them in big numbers to us? If it broke once what is going to make sure that it won't break again? After all it does state that it is refurbished.

equazcion

beaglessf wrote:Maybe someone can answer a question for me. Why would anyone buy this knowing that enough of them have broken for Woot to offer them in big numbers to us? If it broke once what is going to make sure that it won't break again? After all it does state that it is refurbished.

Refurbished doesn't necessarily mean it broke. It just means someone returned it. Many brick-and-mortar store chains have no-questions-asked return policies, plus there's a general percentage of expected returns for any given product. So, when refurbs are offered it usually just means the product is popular; therefore the usual percentage of returns yielded a great enough supply to make an offering of refurbs.

viper2838

quality posts: 1 Private Messages viper2838

No *NIX.... Sirius GPP sauce....

27 Woot down, tons to go....
Most recent Woot: Skil Tool Set

crelinm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crelinm

without the tech lingo, will this work on my mac to scan receipts?
I'm curious if this is a good deal for limited receipt scanning with a mac...