lozano

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lozano
cmcdivit wrote:Is that legal for woot to have a woot-off with no crappy bag?

like the finest restaurants, tonight they offer the 'deconstructed Big Orphaned Cetacea' and a feisty play on the traditional rustic bee oh cee, 'crap three ways'

derwin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derwin

What happens in 30 minutes?

jajh44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jajh44

What did this mean on sperm counter write-up
3 POINTS
- (Photo of a cat covering its face with a paw)
- I work in a nuclear plant so this is really helpful to me.
- Big Orphaned Cetacea! Big Orphaned Cetacea! Big Orphaned Cetacea! Big Orphaned Cetacea!

thaskaman

quality posts: 15 Private Messages thaskaman

tossed a few quality posts out there during this woot off and no credits

common woot staff ;)

CooperDude

quality posts: 10 Private Messages CooperDude

I bought one a way back when, in '07. I put it on my desk at work. One day I come to work and it's gone! What someone has stolen my woot monkey!!? I ask around and it ends up a co-worker thought -- well I don't know what he was thinking -- Anyway he took it, liked it SOO Much he, packed it up and sent it to his Wife and Kids living in the Philippines!! So I ask him We, the Hitchhikers and he calls his wife, and she pulls it out of the arms of her daughter and sends it back. So now I have a Woot Monkey proudly displayed after an extra 2 month journey and 15,000 miles of extra flying...

Tiamat114 wrote:Good lord man, I'd have just let them keep it at that point, I know we all LOVE woot monkeys, but sheesh :O

Sorry, but I think he was right to demand the monkey back. It wasn't his coworker's to send to the Philippines and hopefully the coworker paid the return postage as well! Pretty ballsy and crude to steal something and then give it as a gift to his kid. There had to be some stolen goods karma attached to the monkey. I'm glad the monkey is back where it belongs. I hope the thief got a serious chewing out at the very least.

rikushix

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rikushix

I picked up the Razer Deathadder today, I'm pretty pleased.

The Livestrong stuff had me rolling. Who makes those jugs, honestly?

Silly goose.

drp1103

quality posts: 3 Private Messages drp1103
thaskaman wrote:I agree, something like that would totally be worth going out of my way to order

a regular black, red, green, blue...nah

now the tiedye or leopard print?
def worth the collecting!

Um, whoa. There are addiction centers for things like that.

richellelander

quality posts: 18 Private Messages richellelander
gmartell wrote:Would you buy a life-sized screaming monkey?

Oh hell yes!

A bargain is something you can't use at a price you can't resist. ~~Franklin P. Jones

glazedfaith

quality posts: 33 Private Messages glazedfaith
mnml10387 wrote:I want my bolsa de basura

lol

cleverett

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cleverett
caseycat wrote:Those of you who have been Wooters for a long time: have you ever seen a Woot-off with not one BOCrap in it??

Yes, several. And that's not counting way back when, I'm just talking about recent years.

Way back in ought-four, when you were probably just a gleam in your daddy's eye, the bag-o-crap was just a normal day's item. It wasn't tied to a Woot-Off...for that matter, they hadn't come up with the idea of a Woot-Off yet. Those were pretty good bags too, as they were mostly just odds and ends that Woot! had sold previously but didn't have enough stock left to sell them as a daily item. Eventually they invented the Woot-Off, and that's how they disposed of the orphaned overstock items from then on. And that's when they started shipping crap in the bags instead of treasure. Though, truth to be told, the crap was still pretty good back then. As time has gone on, the crap has gotten crappier and crappier. Gone are the days when you'd get an $80 item in your bag, now you often get broken things that have "BROKEN" written on them in Sharpie. Then again, $8 was worth a lot more back in those days.

crysjam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crysjam
gargreguan wrote:There's really no need. I can picture it perfectly.
:o)

...beat me to it...

lozano

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lozano
richellelander wrote:Oh hell yes!

RealMonkey

Rombow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rombow
thaskaman wrote:I agree, something like that would totally be worth going out of my way to order

a regular black, red, green, blue...nah

now the tiedye or leopard print?
def worth the collecting!

Ha!! That is what it looked like when I re-decorated the Christmas tree while the GF was out shopping! She was not as amused as I was with a screaming monkee tree in all of the family pictures.

What's the problem officer??

bmxjimp

quality posts: 38 Private Messages bmxjimp
3jmtech wrote:In for one to replace my last regular sized screaming Woot monkey. It was my pug's favorite toy and we buried it with her when she passed away a few months ago.

I'm very sorry to hear that. My pug doesn't have a Woot monkey but I'm going to go wake her up with her favorite toy anyway.

My username didn't change to jimp for my birthday, but I understand. Thanks, we're good!

sisterC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sisterC
dbayer wrote:It is impossible to have too many slingshot monkeys

Not really cause with this new one I just ordered, I am pretty sure I now officially have too many! I only have Woot ones and have baby, regular and jumbo now!

mad dogs and englishmen...i still want the great dane!

mateonarayan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mateonarayan

Nooooo, not the green screaming monkey of doooom!

Crab

quality posts: 48 Private Messages Crab

Over?

richellelander

quality posts: 18 Private Messages richellelander
derwin wrote:What happens in 30 minutes?

If they sell out we may see another item, but it would be a regular woot. The key word is "may". If not, the woot off ends after one, and nothing else comes up.

A bargain is something you can't use at a price you can't resist. ~~Franklin P. Jones

dainness

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dainness

I want them to offer the pigs again. Mine finally died.

$400 in shipping charges

jbottgen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbottgen

Now my giant monkey will have another giant monkey friend to help wage war against the swarm of small screaming monkeys.

ger19wmu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ger19wmu

According to Woot Law, It is a punishable crime to return a monkey to Woot

hahaha, love it!

woot suckered me into spending more money I don't have again!

thatoneroadie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thatoneroadie
rikushix wrote:The Livestrong stuff had me rolling. Who makes those jugs, honestly?

LiveStrong Stress Balls.

...Limit One Ball Per Customer. *Rimshot*

Hey, it had to be said.

waterbaby3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waterbaby3
waverider01 wrote:I just want to let you guys know that cats do not like Woot monkeys.

My cats all perk up and watch to wear it will be flung. Then chase to kill.

And the dog does the same thing. Quite amusing pet toys, so I'm usually in for extra.

derwin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derwin

I hear the monkey's bigger than normal.

btflorey

quality posts: 9 Private Messages btflorey
dep3che wrote:I just have to vent here...

First time I've actually waited for a laptop or even a netbook to popup... NOTHING! I was about to pull the trigger on the G-Tablet but I need a laptop. Well you know.. I could sure upgrade my surround sound now that our tax refund came in, I can get myself some nice Energy speakers, NOTHING! Nephews b-day coming up... I'll get him a cheap MP3 player! WAAA WAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... NOTHING!! and no Burrito Of Chorizo either...

I hear people say this every time but for the 1st time I really have to agree with you. Little to no big-ticket or quality items and this is the 1st woot-off I have ever sat through that didn't have a Big o' Cosmos. I truly hope that this isn't a sign of things to come or Woot will become just another worthless sale site set up to offload the emperor of e-tailer's junk.

I've sat thru every single wootoff for the past year and I can honestly say this time, worst wootoff ever! lol

dcigary

quality posts: 11 Private Messages dcigary
caseycat wrote:Those of you who have been Wooters for a long time: have you ever seen a Woot-off with not one BOCrap in it??

Yes. Not often, but yes.

gustaverson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gustaverson

Once upon a time, I chose my way through a wootventure and now I holdeth in my hand a glowing monkey. Yet this monkey is not like the others, not for his luminescent soul, no. He is silent, and it is not by his choice, he is but mute. In my desperation I consider sending him back from whence he came, yet I cannot bring myself to violate woot law. What does the future hold for me and my monkey, alone, in the silence? Everybody's got something to hide except...

noc007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noc007
pegreenb wrote:So A Little Woot Monkey Story:

I bought one a way back when, in '07. I put it on my desk at work. One day I come to work and it's gone! What someone has stolen my woot monkey!!? I ask around and it ends up a co-worker thought -- well I don't know what he was thinking -- Anyway he took it, liked it SOO Much he, packed it up and sent it to his Wife and Kids living in the Philippines!! So I ask him We, the Hitchhikers and he calls his wife, and she pulls it out of the arms of her daughter and sends it back. So now I have a Woot Monkey proudly displayed after an extra 2 month journey and 15,000 miles of extra flying...

We, the Hitchhikers! People making crazy assumptions and taking whatever they want drives me crazy. At least you got it back; he can hammer his F5 key to get one for himself. If it was mine and he didn't return what he stole, I'd be taking his stuff that he'd valued and perhaps go as far as grabbing stuff out of his hand as ransom for MY MONKEY.

This is why we can't have nice things...I mean I can't bring anything nice to work to offset the soul-sucking beige cube walls.

bmxjimp

quality posts: 38 Private Messages bmxjimp
pegreenb wrote:So A Little Woot Monkey Story:

Although it sounds heartless (b/c of the kid part), you did the right thing. The guy stole from you and put you in a unfair situation. He could have at least asked before sending it to his wife/kid. That's just wrong and not something you should have to worry about at work.

My username didn't change to jimp for my birthday, but I understand. Thanks, we're good!

bmacknz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bmacknz
CooperDude wrote:I bought one a way back when, in '07. I put it on my desk at work. One day I come to work and it's gone! What someone has stolen my woot monkey!!?

and that's why you NEVER buy just one, what were you thinking...

dexfree75

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dexfree75
waverider01 wrote:I just want to let you guys know that cats do not like Woot monkeys.

will test that on my two cats and confirm or deny. in for 3. : )

sumita

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sumita

Yes!!! In for three, missed the black giant, have 3 red giants---ready for X-mas now. And to all a good night!

crysjam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crysjam

Yes, the new monkey is the end.....no Blond on Crack... Goodnight all

pound30

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pound30

I am pretty sure that I've seen several woot-offs that did not contain a Big o' Cosmos. Mostly were right after christmas, April 1st, or Woot's birthday because all those days they sell Big o' Cosmos's. I would have been more shocked if there was a Big o' Cosmos during this wootoff since they did sell 7,500 less than a week ago.

viceaverse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages viceaverse

anyone else notice how the monkey stock is going down at exactly the same rate as the amount of minutes left to midnight? I don't think they're even showing stock accurately, they're just timing it to end exactly when they want it to, lol

epistemologonhere

quality posts: 20 Private Messages epistemologonhere
waverider01 wrote:It's not over people.

it's not over til the monkey screams

___

thevoiceover

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thevoiceover
dexfree75 wrote:will test that on my two cats and confirm or deny. in for 3. : )

My bengal tore two of them up in no time..

Judy321

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Judy321

Re: This item's write up

I know where the Crimean War was fought!!! It was fought in the Crimean! See, people really aren't so dumb after all! (Even if I do own a screaming monkey.)

(OK, OK, the Crimean is a peninsula on the Black Sea. Biggest city--Sevastopol, the site of the largest battle of the Crimean War. These days, Ukrainia owns the Crimean, but I had to look that up to make sure it wasn't part of Russia.)

CooperDude

quality posts: 10 Private Messages CooperDude

Those of you who have been Wooters for a long time: have you ever seen a Woot-off with not one BOCrap in it??

dcigary wrote:Yes. Not often, but yes.

Yes and Wooters get PO'd but they always come back with hope in their hearts for the next woot-off. Amazon has definitely changed the mood of a woot-off, though. Not nearly as much electronic stuff. More household goods and kids' toys. Numerous goods from the same manufacturer (ie. Livestrong) Not near as much fun as it used to be. Sigh

SirVancelot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SirVancelot
drp1103 wrote:Um, whoa. There are addiction centers for things like that.

Maybe time to bring the Monkeys out of the closet and to my cubicle!!

Wish i hadn't given so many away at Christmas last year. They were a hit though.