Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

jaamzw

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jaamzw

this style of 'in ear' never fits in my ear

promyst

quality posts: 30 Private Messages promyst

Sennheiser makes quality products for sure. I own a few sets of headphones from them.

Support the Open Web

Shanebob

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Shanebob

Does anyone know how comfortable these actually are? The headphones that come with iPods/iPhones always end up hurting my ears and I can't wear them very long. These at least look a little bit softer on the outside.

DSSK

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DSSK
jaamzw wrote:this style of 'in ear' never fits in my ear

doesn't "in-ear" mean something else....these are buds

Kn1nJa

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Kn1nJa

These sound GREAT in the latest generation ipod touch. They also match better than the stock white earbuds.

+5 signature of epicness!

laughlax

quality posts: 1 Private Messages laughlax

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-MX400-Ear-Headphone-Carrying/dp/B00004Z0BN

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106311

Newegg's comments/review section usually seems pretty helpful for me.

earsjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages earsjr

these are the worst things i have ever used. and i'm not just talking headphones... i mean EVERYTHING.

phacopida

quality posts: 63 Private Messages phacopida

Good price, good headphones. A 2 pack is necessary as I have a nasty habit of misplacing these things.

ap210

quality posts: 48 Private Messages ap210

The darn foam covers always fall off on me- never to be found again.

1. 11/6Rmba
  2. 11/13Scba
  3. 11/16LtchWlssSystm
  4. 11/16Gmbrdg
  5. 11/16SnDskPlyr
  6. 11/16UFO
  7. 11/16LtchWlssHdphns"lbl fll ff"
  8. 11/17LtchXbxhdst
  9. 11/173xLkFrg
  10. 11/25iPdShfflClck
  11. 12/62xBpMntrs
  12. 12/133xNxs25XM

promyst

Amazon Reviews

Support the Open Web

mchunter87

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mchunter87
Shanebob wrote:Does anyone know how comfortable these actually are? The headphones that come with iPods/iPhones always end up hurting my ears and I can't wear them very long. These at least look a little bit softer on the outside.

I love these headphones, I go running with them and they feel good even after a long run. The sound quality is awesome compared to all of the other in-ear headphones that I have owned.

mvsopen

quality posts: 44 Private Messages mvsopen

If you've never listened to your laptop or smartphone through decent quality earphones, please, do yourself a favor and try a pair. You'll be amazed by what you were missing!

ap210

quality posts: 48 Private Messages ap210
DSSK wrote:doesn't "in-ear" mean something else....these are buds

Description:

Sennheiser MX400 In-Ear Headphones with Ear Cushions

1. 11/6Rmba
  2. 11/13Scba
  3. 11/16LtchWlssSystm
  4. 11/16Gmbrdg
  5. 11/16SnDskPlyr
  6. 11/16UFO
  7. 11/16LtchWlssHdphns"lbl fll ff"
  8. 11/17LtchXbxhdst
  9. 11/173xLkFrg
  10. 11/25iPdShfflClck
  11. 12/62xBpMntrs
  12. 12/133xNxs25XM

geognerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages geognerd

These produce good sound quality, and as someone who likes this type of earbud, I think they are comfortable. The last time this two-pack was offered on Woot, I bought it. I'd buy again, but I have only used one of the two sets of earbuds from last time. I think this is a great deal.

missredass

quality posts: 2 Private Messages missredass

Is this a good price? I've been needing new headphones, but I'm on the broke college kid budget...

Thanks and Gig'em.

thericochet

quality posts: 24 Private Messages thericochet

I bought these from Buy.com a few months ago when they were $8 + free shipping. I stopped using them because they're the absolute biggest pair of earbuds I've ever tried.

I've never had a problem with earbuds being too big previously (I've had many pair over the years), but these actually made the part where they go in feel like they were stretching. Pretty painful after a while. I've moved on to Jlabs J4 earbuds. Not comparable because those are $40, but they're super durable and fit well and won't be disposable as far as I can tell.

rmbannen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rmbannen

Bought 6 of these last time they were up on woot and am still happily using them. Some have been lost, others can still be found.

The foam things _do_ come off fairly easily if I am carrying them around in the pockets of my jeans, but if they're in my backpack or coat, they tend to stay on.

The sound quality is pretty alright. Nowhere near the Sennheisers that I used when DJing, but seeing as these are a fraction of the price, you can't expect too much ; )

eulipian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eulipian
Shanebob wrote:Does anyone know how comfortable these actually are? The headphones that come with iPods/iPhones always end up hurting my ears and I can't wear them very long. These at least look a little bit softer on the outside.

Try these. My kids use them and they're great. Very soft and easy to install.

http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Technologys-EarJams-iPod-Earbuds/dp/B000NOVNE0

jcfl1684

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcfl1684
promyst wrote:Sennheiser makes quality products for sure. I own a few sets of headphones from them.

If they are such good quality, why do you need a "few"? I can understand 2... MAYBE 3 tops (wrap-around the ear, reg. headphones, and in-ear). But why a few?

Mateyush

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mateyush

How long is the cord - I need a 4 foot pair, since the computer sits on the floor and the usual cord length doesn't reach.

promyst

missredass wrote:Is this a good price? I've been needing new headphones, but I'm on the broke college kid budget...

It's made by a good quality company, but you can get JVC GUMY headphones from Target, Walmart for 10 bucks. I would go with these because they have a solid 2 year warranty.

Support the Open Web

krylon419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krylon419

these are buds, in-ears have the rubber peice that channels the sound into your ear.

missredass

quality posts: 2 Private Messages missredass
promyst wrote:It's made by a good quality company, but you can get JVC GUMY headphones from Target, Walmart for 10 bucks. I would go with these because they have a solid 2 year warranty.

Thanks for the info! I need a pair that I can use at work as well as when I go running, so we'll see how they work out

Thanks and Gig'em.

promyst

Mateyush wrote:How long is the cord - I need a 4 foot pair, since the computer sits on the floor and the usual cord length doesn't reach.

Some websites claim 100CM which is 3.28 feet. Pretty standard cord length.

Support the Open Web

phacopida

quality posts: 63 Private Messages phacopida
missredass wrote:Is this a good price? I've been needing new headphones, but I'm on the broke college kid budget...

Yes indeedy, it is a good price. I need it to be a good price because short of super-gluing earbuds to my ears, I have yet to come up with a way to keep my headphones/buds from wandering off. Got these last time on a two-fer Tuesday and can't put my hands on nary a one of them now. They are someplace in the house/car/yard I'm sure of it.

danmtz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danmtz

In for 1. I've needed some new buds for work and working out. Plus, I had a Woot coupon code that was near expiration. I'll take these for $3.75 a piece.

jcfl1684

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcfl1684

When Woot routinely offers amazing deals on the REAL in-ear ear buds with the silicon covers, why would anyone go back to these foam-covered earbuds that refuse to stay in or even ON the ear?

bartclan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bartclan

Doggone it, Woot! I *had* to get up and grab my glasses to read the fine print.

And, I though Woot! was all about inclusiveness.

emeister

quality posts: 19 Private Messages emeister

are these symmetrical or asymmetrical cables? how long's the V part?

sdc100

quality posts: 505 Private Messages sdc100

Ugh ... looks like re-branded Coby headphones from the $1 store...

promyst

jcfl1684 wrote:If they are such good quality, why do you need a "few"? I can understand 2... MAYBE 3 tops (wrap-around the ear, reg. headphones, and in-ear). But why a few?

I have some high end HD555's for Work and Play. And 2 sets of Sennheiser Buds (One set is in-ear and one normal) which I use for working out, relaxing, etc...

Support the Open Web

satyenshah

quality posts: 8 Private Messages satyenshah

These are in my ears right now. My biggest frustration is that the cord is way too short, even for laptop use.

pjskeleton

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pjskeleton

I love Sennheiser, they make the greatest headphones out there, bar none. Just google the Sennheiser Orpheus if you don't believe me. Yeah, it's from those guys that make the $30,000 headphones. Do these compare to those? No no no. Do they decimate all the competition with every decibel and beat? Yes yes yes. I have never ever loved a pair of earbuds more than these.

Spectral

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Spectral
emeister wrote:are these symmetrical or asymmetrical cables? how long's the V part?

The cables are symmetrical. The "V" part is 12", 13 if you count the earbuds. The rest of the cord is 27"

aoikiretsu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aoikiretsu

You do not know how happy I am to see these back on the site! :D I bought the same exact earphones last year (July, also a 2 for Tue), and they are the longest lasting earphones I've ever used in my life. I used to only buy Sony's, but one bud would always die after a short time. ALWAYS. I honestly thought I was cursed or something. Anyway, like most earphones, they do hurt after long periods of time, but sound quality is great (it's Sennheiser duhhhh), and the cord is a decent length. As I think someone also mentioned, the foam covers slips off a bit easily, but you could always get replacements? And after I lost them a few days ago, it's actually more comfortable without them.

TL;DR Thanks woot!!

jdorritie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jdorritie

Um, these look like earbud style headphones, not in-ear.

Honestly, I've been on in-ear headphones for so long I kinda forgot that there were still people out there that still wore this uncomfortable turn-the-volume-up-louder-than-it-needs-to-be style of headphones.

Real in-ear headphones can be used at such a lower volume level, I'd imagine there's some kind of health benefits. These are the kind you can hear across the room because you have to crank up your iPod to max volume to get any kind of peace and quiet.

pallerdog

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pallerdog

I bought a pair of these awhile ago, and I was not happy. Mainly becuz they are rather larger and would hurt my ears after extended use. Combine that with the fact that the sound is not nearly as good as SkullCandy Earbuds, they spend their time in my drawer waiting to be used in an emergency situation when my other earbuds break.

chaley0803

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chaley0803
eulipian wrote:Try these. My kids use them and they're great. Very soft and easy to install.

http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Technologys-EarJams-iPod-Earbuds/dp/B000NOVNE0

How old are your kids? My kids are 5 and 7.. and I'm thinking they would be too large for their ears?

chaley0803

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chaley0803

How large are the ear-buds..... say compared to apples standard stock buds that come with the ipods?