I bought this tablet and I've owned several others but this one, for the price, is AMAZING.
1. Developers choice - lots of activity on XDA Developers, lots of ROMS, optimizations, extra goodies
2. Size - 10.1 is so much better for viewing websites (I own a Galaxy tab 7") but I prefer the larger screen size
3. Price - $279 it as a duo core 2 processor the same as the Xoom at $599. Plenty fast runs all apps, full market (after root) and I haven't encountered an app I couldn't run
4. Full USB, port. Genius. I can connect a thumb drive, a mouse, a keyboard (I have the case with kick stand and keyboard) perfect. Converts the tab into a netbook. Perfect for productivity.
5. Practically impossible to brick, seriously Heimdall or Odin restores to stock have worked 100% of the time when I thought the tablet was dead.
6. Youtube has videos of step-by-step ways to root, run clockwork, install a ROM, you don't have to be a genius to hack
1. Finger print magnet
2. Battery life is good, but there's something wrong with the battery indicator, never shows charge to 100%
3. I run VeGan RC1 and its sweet, but out the box, Tap n Crap software is horrible, cumbersome, no market, crap
4. Viewsonic is not exactly putting the gTablet at the top of its todo list. So not many updates (although they released on recently)
Overall I give the tablet once rooted 4 stars out of 5. Not 5 stars because its been out for a while and no Froyo update and no word whether it will get a 3.0 update even though it has the processing speed and memory to do so.