stacybalk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stacybalk

Has anyone ever had luck purchasing through their phone (Droid)? I made it to the last screen, but then got a "failed to connect to secure server" message...It's the closest I've gotten in a while to a successful Bowl Of Cheerios.

Perhaps my efforts are destined to remain futile...

fire2heart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fire2heart

Score!! My first Big o' Cosmos since I joined 4 1/2 years ago. Hope it's something nifty =P

redwings

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redwings

Cool! Got my 5th bottle of crayons!! Thanks woot

honestmonkey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages honestmonkey
pohlmacs wrote:Don't you want to wait until after you receive it first?

It doesn't make that much difference, really. I've gotten one before (this will be my second, then), and it really was mostly crap. Did get a decent pair of binoculars, and the Woot lights. But other things were just parts that fell off of toys and stuff. Weird. Guess that's why it's called a B to the O to the C.

722lad

quality posts: 9 Private Messages 722lad

On the bright side, Woot's servers just saved me $8.

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom
zbojanski wrote:We, the Hitchhikers - how is it I can be c**kblocked by the woot servers again when I hit the want one button while the bar was COMPLETELY yellow!!! DAMN YOU WOOT AND AMAZON (shaking my fist at you). How the hell do I get one of these godforsaken bags without going to woot myself...

They keep track of people who complain and make sure they never get one.

frogg4269

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frogg4269

I got one! Now for the daily anxiety of finding out what kind of crap my Big Orphaned Cetacea will bring me.

Evangel2724

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Evangel2724

First Big Orphaned Cetacea!!!!! Woot Woot!

PM

rtfd34

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rtfd34

Wholly crap, my first Big Orphaned Cetacea.

bladesosteel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bladesosteel

Got another Big Orphaned Cetacea today! Here somes the best part.....anticipation.

kat8480

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kat8480
dishatoid01 wrote:Just got my first woot earlier today (2 packs of Snuggies) and came home, opened up my computer, and there is was, the infamous Big o' Cosmos! So I ordered one, and lo' and behold, it actually went through!

Don't worry, it may have been my first woot day, but I've been lurking for a while now, waiting for something good to show up!

Go CRAP in your hat. Most of us have been waiting for years. No crap for me.

alcapone2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alcapone2

After slowly calming down from receiving April fools letter and pallet,,,,bingo-bango another random Big Orphaned Cetacea coming this way.SWEET!

ronnysrv

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ronnysrv

DANG I've had some good luck lately!

3 for 3 on the last... three!
5 in the last year.

I'm loving Woot's new servers. Plus being behind a T1 connection at work and using wootalyzer and chrome helps too, I'm sure.

wastedthelight

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wastedthelight

My 7th crap! Last two times have been super smooth. I'm really hoping Woot puts up a home theatre system this woot-off. Keep missing them.

Love me some Woot! Must make a family of screaming monkeys!

pohlmacs

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pohlmacs
skyedog wrote:It appears that most of the western states had a crappy experience while easterners had one significantly less so.

I ordered this from Virginia Beach, VA. A great day!

jcoc321

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jcoc321

Strange. I clicked on the moment the Big o' Cosmos hit; got in quickly, waited and moments later got the message it was sold out. Fastest sell-out I've ever seen.

crfishon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crfishon

HOLY CRAP!!! i got one.. only the 2nd one i have won since i started wooting in 06..

Alphabits

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alphabits

Three years++ of wooting and I am confirmed to receive my first Big Orphaned Cetacea! Thankfully my 2pm meeting didn't run long cause I couldn't stand missing another Big o' Cosmos opportunity by 5-10 mins. Again.

I had two separate PCs on separate connections logged in to Woot as I usually do for Woot-Offs (never know when the Big o' Cosmos will show up). It was actually quite responsive when I was going through the purchase screens. Did you upgrade your servers, Woot? If so, muchas gracias.

Hopefully it is the crappiest crap one could wish for

kyleen66

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kyleen66

I got one! I got one! First time EVER! ::happy dance!::

Whooooo hooo!

I am giddy with joy.

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom
cracksbacks wrote:Wootalyzer FTW!!!! All I heard was the siren, I clicked "buy" and a few clicks and a paypal password later I have another Blistered Oily Cootchie. It has been a few Big o' Cosmos's since my last one. Mmmmmm crap!

I have Wootalyzer configured to automatically do the "buy", so I just have to do the payment. And this time it actually worked.

cdebish

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cdebish

Number 17. :-) Thanks work for upgrading the Proxy Servers.

Some say I'm lucky, Others say it's skill. All I know is my 1st grade teacher would be proud!
My Craptastic Success - 24 and counting
4/1/13 5/22/12 4/25/12 3/22/12 12/25/11 12/6/11 7/12/11 5/11/11 3/9/11 3/26/10 12/25/09 4/1/09 12/25/08 10/23/08 7/12/08 6/20/08 4/1/08 12/25/07 10/25/07 3/23/07 1/31/07 12/25/06 11/17/06 11/17/06

brgh7dc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages brgh7dc

YEEESSS!!!! I was on a conference call witha client when the Big o' Cosmos came up. Managed to get my order in and still carry on a (semi)intelligent conversation!

Absolutcrobi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Absolutcrobi

This makes the 3rd times to gods have smiled on my web connection to get one :D

embhorn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages embhorn

W00T! Awesomest 50th purchase EvaR!!1! Got my purple square, suckas!!

BillThePoet

quality posts: 9 Private Messages BillThePoet
coldstonetgs wrote:After 5 years.... after 5.... years....

I GOT MY Big Orphaned Cetacea!

Got mine, too. Not my first (I'm in the this-seemed-too-easy-for-some-reason camp), but I celebrate twice when fellow old-timers get to feel the rush.

Jump in and let all the Bustier Of Charms phases wash over you.

If only someone would remind us of the phases....

zippo6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zippo6
ThreeT320 wrote:Dammit! I missed it again! I was even home and watching for it this time.

I suppose it is a small concelation that I was having sex at the time it appeared. Meh.

It was up there for at least 30 to 45 seconds. You still had time.

Okay, I'm sorry. I'll go stand in the corner.

binners

quality posts: 1 Private Messages binners

I just got home and I missed it!

Next time Woot...Next time...

thedoombot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thedoombot

Hurray! My second bowl of cereal!!

frogman31680

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frogman31680

I waited since the START of this wootoff and I walked away for ONE minute. Bam. Its gone.

Hope they do another one....

mikebriley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikebriley
bmgraham36 wrote:Does anybody know the difference between a "Bag_of_Crap" and "Random Crap"?

Yes. The "Bag_of_Crap" contains only predictable crap.

TJFoxxxx

quality posts: 12 Private Messages TJFoxxxx

Just got my first Bogus Opalescent Crematorium!

mccartyje

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mccartyje

In for my second.. I even had time to change my shipping address to deliver to my home, instead of at work.

(It's a little embarrasing when they are unloading all of those pallets of Bark-O-Clark in the parking lot....)

jfdrescue1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfdrescue1

#2 for me!

ronman101

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ronman101

I guess it is in the stars that I never get a bag. Amazing thunderstorm prevented a simple buy! O' well, until next time --- when I am driving home

collegepunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages collegepunk

Got one myself! Thanks woot!!

ksforrest6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ksforrest6

Easy as pie!!!!!!!!!!!! Again!!!!!!

jodyl1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jodyl1

I've had a few Buicks on Cinderblocks in my day, but it has been a good long while since then.

I am however waiting for woot to confuse people by making it truly random.No bag popping on the front page, just after you click the "big button", your receipt doesn't show the item you think you just purchased, but instead says you got a bag for 8 bux.

eckerput

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eckerput

YEAH GOT ONE!!! Yeah I know all caps is shouting.... that's the point.

spongebrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spongebrain

When did they change the name from "Random Cr.ap?" The last one I got in December was still called that.

Life goes on...and on...and on...

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff
skyedog wrote:It appears that most of the western states had a crappy experience while easterners had one significantly less so.

rwheadon wrote:What a wonderful twist on the eastern states misfortune with the bag.

rich

Actually my dad and I are both in South Florida; I'm currently in Boca Raton and my dad was in Coral Springs (about 25 minutes away). He texted me to let me know the Big o' Cosmos was up. I wooted AFTER he did and mine flew through. He got stuck on the order page and missed out. So it's not easily pinpointable. Maybe it has to do with ISPs?

Honestly, woot has NEVER flown for me the way it did just now with the basket of crud. It was like I had a direct line to the server somehow. Very Odd. But I'm certainly not complaining.

That's not to say I won't get an envious earful from my father later.