gvencelov

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gvencelov

in for one here too, and like some others mentioned it seemed a bit too "easy" but I ain't complaining

I stepped away figuring by the time I got back the MST stuff would be out and the next thing up and I was right; hit my button w/ just a sliver of the bar gone, waited a minute or so for the page to come up, but it did w/ no issue, and got through the other pages easy.

Did sit on the "processing" page for a while but I had faith. Well I had faith for the most part. I just switched my C/C info this AM so it would be a card with $$ on it and was scared I put it in wrong. But the processing changed to you're good to go and I was happy Called my step dad to do my ritual gloat ;)

wangertang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wangertang

yay! my first Woot off Big o' Cosmos!
oh, the anticipation!

My wife thinks I'm crazy. I think its entertainment!

darkelfz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages darkelfz

Yeaaaa for crap.

I did not think I was going to get in on it ans the Buy It screen was still spinning to lad when it got sold out. But then is changed to pending and shortly after that I got an e-mail.

Cant wait !!!

bnedella

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bnedella

" Speed to first woot: 0m 0.697s "

If that aint a load of crap....

The Big o' Cosmos is my white-whale. So little sleep, so much disappointment.

cshupe

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cshupe

I was soooo in, but it kicked me back for an expiration date on my card...I had not updated the new 2014 card date...drat! That would have been #9.
I was so in...
sure acted like they have updated the servers.

hoonyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoonyer

After YEARS of trying, I got my THIRD Big o' Cosmos this year. Ny first two were truly "crappy" but beggars can't be choosers.

xSkoad

quality posts: 11 Private Messages xSkoad

Seems like the East coast always gets screwed. Looks like I am the only person in GA to grab a Big o' Cosmos. Yay me.

camelliac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages camelliac

I'm so sad that I missed out on my first one today! I tried but by the time I had my info entered and hit the button it said I was a loser and should toss my lappy out a 10 story window. (It took too long to process and everything was gone) but after I put my order in, it told me they had one on hold for me while the processing took place, so I don't really understand. Guess I'm just new at this.

matthew62407

quality posts: 1 Private Messages matthew62407

Finished my last college final ever and got a Big o' Cosmos on the same day!

BillMoose

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BillMoose

Got one, and completely Manual too.

I was watching the Wootoff, knew that the last item was getting near rolling off, and I was delaying walking the dog. She's an almost 11 year old Border Collie who isn't taking the heat well, and here in Florida it was 93 at 530. After her having two strokes in two years, I'll give her what she wants.

Walked over to the laptop, hit F5, it "clocked", so I hit F5 again and got the Baggie page. Clicked onto the buy pages and it was laggy as usual hanging on the SSLWWW server. So I shrugged after another couple-a-seconds and F5 again. It got to the point where it said processing order or click here to manually refresh so why not F5 again while opening the My Account page in another tab and it said I got one.

Lettie got fed and her walk, the sun angle was right to walk from tree to tree on Wilton Drive, and I got the B Oh See.

I needed that. Being a semi-employed IT Consultant is frustrating. A visit from UPS in a three weeks with a Woot Box will be definitely something to keep the spirits up.

Thanks Woot, Much appreciated!

bdsisme

quality posts: 13 Private Messages bdsisme

Woot is a regionalist! Just check the map -- they refuse to sell to East Coast-ers, and clearly favor Mid-Western-ers. I thought we were working past this bias, but obviously those from the great state of Texas are behind the times.

Equality for all!!!

peachtek

quality posts: 5 Private Messages peachtek

I knew it was bound to happen. Left work at 5:30 and this shows up at 5:45. Why does Woot hate the east coast so much???

~~We can't all be princesses. Someone has to wave as I walk by.~~

LaSarita

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LaSarita

For once in a woot-off I don't have to Bust Out Crying because I finally got my first Bratty Old Curmudgeon! Yay!
Thanks Woot for timing it just right!

pullmyfinger1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pullmyfinger1

Got my first one!! Woohoo!!

taternuggets

quality posts: 20 Private Messages taternuggets

As I wait for my crap, I would just like to say that I think the Accounts Receivable department are the unsung heroes of woot.

Just sayin.

wink. wink.

Nothing follows.

buscheag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buscheag
BillMoose wrote:Got one, and completely Manual too.

I was watching the Wootoff, knew that the last item was getting near rolling off, and I was delaying walking the dog. She's an almost 11 year old Border Collie who isn't taking the heat well, and here in Florida it was 93 at 530. After her having two strokes in two years, I'll give her what she wants.

Walked over to the laptop, hit F5, it "clocked", so I hit F5 again and got the Baggie page. Clicked onto the buy pages and it was laggy as usual hanging on the SSLWWW server. So I shrugged after another couple-a-seconds and F5 again. It got to the point where it said processing order or click here to manually refresh so why not F5 again while opening the My Account page in another tab and it said I got one.

Lettie got fed and her walk, the sun angle was right to walk from tree to tree on Wilton Drive, and I got the B Oh See.

I needed that. Being a semi-employed IT Consultant is frustrating. A visit from UPS in a three weeks with a Woot Box will be definitely something to keep the spirits up.

Thanks Woot, Much appreciated!

whoa

way TMI

spongebrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spongebrain
zippo6 wrote:It was up there for at least 30 to 45 seconds. You still had time.

Okay, I'm sorry. I'll go stand in the corner.

Funny!

Life goes on...and on...and on...

bork76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bork76

Nothing like coming to work and opening up a confirmation email with my order number. Number 3 Bandolier of Carrots Loading... Please wait.

speedwaydog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages speedwaydog

Wootalyzer alarm sounded, hit the appropriate buttons and scored another Brick Of Corks. All pages loaded quickly with the final page taking a few seconds longer to load.

Much better than the instant server crashes we have all seen before.

Yay Crap!!

Grizphan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Grizphan
speedwaydog wrote:Wootalyzer alarm sounded, hit the appropriate buttons and scored another Brick Of Corks. All pages loaded quickly with the final page taking a few seconds longer to load.

Much better than the instant server crashes we have all seen before.

Yay Crap!!

Same here. My second Bag of Carcases.

wifeduck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wifeduck

Three years, one other purchase and my Big o' Cosmos......super excited. Good thing I put money in the bank to purchase it. Karma, she is a nice lady.

Wifeduck

barnabee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barnabee
tke800 wrote:Laugh all you want, nobody can hear you in your mom's basement.

As a customer, I have left.

I posted in the forum that was specific to the item that caused the issue.

And please don't call me names like drama queen, it hurts my feelings and makes me want to drink bleach

Bye-bye.

CapnJB

quality posts: 15 Private Messages CapnJB

I've been fortunate enough to have landed a handful of Random Craps over the years, but this is my first Bag of Crap since my very first woot in September of 2004... the legendary Bag of Crap II.. where every one got priority pucks!

Never should have created a new account after that. *kicks a rock*

PabloPalmeri6837

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PabloPalmeri6837
tke800 wrote:I'll never follow another woot-off, this is the fifth repeat of the same experience... feverishly refresh between items, see the Big o' Cosmos and click I Want One IMMEDIATELY!... WOOT'S crap ass order system locks up. And to add insult to injury... coworker hears me cursing and walks into his office to calmly surf to woot and gets his order in with NO ISSUE. Bye Woot

I can't speak for woot or other users, but I don't think you'll be missed. I hope you never post again and never watch the woot off again because all your comments are negative and Jatravartid... If I was woot personally I'd take your $8 and send you a box with $1 in it. That would teach you.

BillThePoet

quality posts: 9 Private Messages BillThePoet

I'll go ahead and post my details for the record:

Bag #6 for me. Did not and never have used a bot, app, script, proxy or any other trick.

Paypal only. I don't have a credit card. Don't want one (Thanks, Dave Ramsey).

My "system":

Using Firefox on a mac over a mediocre wifi set up, I click once and then wait. If I get the next screen I type my password, unclick the "I have a different billing address" box and click continue once and wait. If I get the stupidly large button, I click once again and wait.

My batting average is probably .333. Not great for hardcore wooters, but if I keep it up for a career, it'll get me into the baseball hall of fame.

My dream bag? Roomba (long hair pet version), USB powered toys, bacon salt, some emergency power batteries for my mac, phone, and iPad; and threepiecewoot driving up to my doublewide in my BRAND NEW CAR!

pricciar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pricciar

Got it! So exciting! I can't wait to unbag my winnings and see what I got! Here's to coloring books and bags filled with air! OHHH 3 weeks? ANTICIPATION!

BillMoose, I liked your story about how you got there. Mine was not as eventful. I used some website my friend told me about that tells you when the item changes on wootoffs it made a noise. The woot order page popped up and I hit the button. It said I did something wrong and it took me a second to realize I forgot to put in my secret credit card number, and once I did that I held my breath and things worked out swimmingly! Here's to a million more events like this!

tke800

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tke800
PabloPalmeri6837 wrote:I can't speak for woot or other users, but I don't think you'll be missed. I hope you never post again and never watch the woot off again because all your comments are negative and Jatravartid... If I was woot personally I'd take your $8 and send you a box with $1 in it. That would teach you.

Sorry if you're mad at me, I don't know why because I never directed any negativity towards you in any way. Consider your feelings towards me... now you know how I feel towards the ordering/eCommerce system that Woot! uses.

I'm not sure how you "won't miss me", since you never knew me in the first place. Consider the feeling mutual.

derekcom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekcom

horray

tke800

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tke800
CapnJB wrote:You're being boorish. You are bringing negativity to a thread where folks want to be excited about their purchase.

You bought an item from woot and it took a month to get to you. We get it. That sucks. You got the stones to post the tracking number?

You're right, it's not my intention to clog up this thread. i just feel compelled to answer a question when asked. When people stop replying and asking questions, you won't see my posts anymore.

Sorry but that tracking email is long gone... oh, and stop thinking about my stones :p

lizbeth374

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lizbeth374

marking my spot

excited already, waiting semi patiently

4/1/13, 3/22/12, 5/11/11, 4/1/11, 8/20/10, 3/26/10, 5/15/09

TrifeVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TrifeVT
tke800 wrote:Oh yeah, there it is. Fed-Ex shipped the package in 3 days (like usual), problem is I ordered the item 22 days before it was shipped.

I'm going to go ahead and quit making this thread so long, apologies to everyone that had to read through all that. Grats to those who were lucky enough to catch the ordering system while it's eyes were open.

Waaah waaaah waaaah.

Got my 2nd Big o' Cosmos, out of maybe 7 attempts - no bots no nothings

-Trife
GO HOKIES!

archshrk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages archshrk

Track by Reference

It's still early and I'm not sure this method still works but you can start tracking your package(s) before you get a tracking number by following these simple steps...

Step one: Set up an account on FedEx so that you can utilize their My FedEx tracking. This is more detailed than your typical tracking and will be necessary for step two. Don’t worry about setting up this account. It’s free and easy to use. It will prompt you for billing information but you can just leave off the credit card info and submit anyway.

Step two: Track by Order Number. Go here: https://www.fedex.com/AltRefTracking. Leave the Account number blank, then enter your Order Number in the Reference field and your destination country and zip code in their respective fields. You should see your tracking information including a tracking number. Use this in your My FedEx tracking to keep all your orders together.

Now wait with bated breath and hope for a letter from threepeicewoot.

Visit archshrk.com. You know you want to.

duodec

quality posts: 13 Private Messages duodec

I have been a bad Duodec. I have received more than one Big o' Cosmos over the last 18 months, and my wife looked at me (and them) askance the first few times. 'Where are we supposed to put that crap?'. Well, charity, the bookshelf, the nightstand, the circular file, gifts for the nieces and nephews, propping up the wobbly table under the short leg.... there's room for all of Woot!s crap.

Then we got a couple nice items in one box. And another nice if it weren't broken item in the next one, followed by that same nice item but NOT broken in the one after that, now holding pride of place on her nightstand.

So I'm happy to announce there's a new WOOTer. She who must be obeyed is now on board, bought a wine WOOT to start, missed the olive tree bonsai due to workus interruptus (darn it!) and got really really close to catching a Big o' Cosmos yesterday.

I'm so proud! And she no longer glares at me when Woot boxes show up ;)

Look upon my Avatar, ye whiny, and despair!

barnabee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barnabee
duodec wrote:I have been a bad Duodec. I have received more than one Big o' Cosmos over the last 18 months, and my wife looked at me (and them) askance the first few times. 'Where are we supposed to put that crap?'. Well, charity, the bookshelf, the nightstand, the circular file, gifts for the nieces and nephews, propping up the wobbly table under the short leg.... there's room for all of Woot!s crap.

Then we got a couple nice items in one box. And another nice if it weren't broken item in the next one, followed by that same nice item but NOT broken in the one after that, now holding pride of place on her nightstand.

So I'm happy to announce there's a new WOOTer. She who must be obeyed is now on board, bought a wine WOOT to start, missed the olive tree bonsai due to workus interruptus (darn it!) and got really really close to catching a Big o' Cosmos yesterday.

I'm so proud! And she no longer glares at me when Woot boxes show up ;)

You are one lucky dude!

juanakaslim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juanakaslim

I wonder We, the Hitchhikers it could be....Id Battlefield Earth (2000) myself if its something like an ipad

gaugh753

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gaugh753
juanakaslim wrote:I wonder We, the Hitchhikers it could be....Id Battlefield Earth (2000) myself if its something like an ipad

With almost 3000 sold, you can bet they aren't iPads. I'll be happy with whatever the woot elves send me

I consider a looseness with words equatable to looseness of the bowels
-John Calvin

absowootly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages absowootly
highwyre237 wrote:we we we we so excited we so excited

fun fun fun fun

yay for my Big o' Cosmos!

Party and Party YEAH!

LKSwift

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LKSwift
JazzyVR wrote:SIGH, two years and still no Big o' Cosmos. I should just give up.

Never give up. Took me about that long to get my first... I just ordered my 4th!

gaugh753

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gaugh753
JazzyVR wrote:SIGH, two years and still no Big o' Cosmos. I should just give up.

Don't give up! I didn't get my first until April fools day, and i've been here for 4 years.

Never give up, never surrender!

I consider a looseness with words equatable to looseness of the bowels
-John Calvin

samwise0214

quality posts: 1 Private Messages samwise0214

Holy Big o' Cosmos!!! I was the last one!!!