barnabee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barnabee
propenguin wrote:While we are making wishes, I would like a new woot monkey, a razor mumba mouse, and a red rider pump action BB Gun. Thank you.

A new woot monkey? You'll shoot your eye out.

Woody1150

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Woody1150

edncassie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edncassie

This is how I felt when I was a kids and Christmas was coming!!
!

CapnJB

quality posts: 15 Private Messages CapnJB

Oooh... fun! I'mma gonna steal your bandwidth!

And now I feel bad about swiping your lights... so here's a little homage.

denverbw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages denverbw
mlsapack wrote:As always, we will be thrilled with anything the Woot Gods shower upon us, but just be aware I now have enough cedar grilling planks to shingle my house, I am crying uncle!

The best Big o' Cosmos. fodder ever was the Sansa's that were liberally sprinkled around several years ago - I use mine every day...now we're down to just getting Sansa cables in the Carp....How 'bout some junque/refurb/return electronics to brighten our otherwise dreary existence and spark some excitement!

Eagerly anticipating whatever pile of floor sweepings you dump into the boxes this time....thanks for giving me a reason to get up in the morning!

That was my best Bee Ooh See as well. I couple of 8GB Sansas with cables, a digital camera (o.k. - it was pink, but a lady friend bought it from me) and a bunch of other good stuff. Makes up for the one where I got a strip of unusable disc batteries and some dryer lint.

Big Orphaned Cetacea 5/11/11 TrueFire Gourmet Cedar Grilling Plank 9/14/10 Random Crap 8/20/10 Random Crap 5/26/10 ATI TV Wonder USB Digital HDTV Tuner 11/4/09 Random Crap 9/25/09 Polaroid i1035 10MP Digital Camera 2/27/09 Mad Catz iPod Power Pro Charger/Data Cable Kit 2/19/09 Sandisk Sansa e260 4GB Media Player

TheFlaminGinger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheFlaminGinger

My very first Brace of Conies! I'm extremely excited for it to arrive, but terrified it'll be filled with Snuggies and Strawberry Planters. Or, heaven forbid, Aquaglobes. I know it's crap, but gimme crap I can use! Like... Uh... I'm drawing a blank.

sjpearsall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjpearsall

Woot Monkeys are better to get than Woot lights.

I just hope I don't get any more Woot lights. I have 6 sets of them now and have only opened the first set I got.

archshrk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages archshrk
snwbrd4life wrote:
Anyone have an estimate on how long it takes for a Big o' Cosmos to reach SoCal?

Allow a couple of weeks. It takes about a week to ship them out and another week to get them delivered to you. Your results may vary.

Visit archshrk.com. You know you want to.

gaugh753

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gaugh753
Maniacmous wrote:ThreePieceWoot: I know we all want great things in our respective Sacks 'o Junk, but if in your digging through the warehouse you find a laptop or a new desktop computer or something sitting around - toss it in this guy's box. With his system and still going after it - he's a real Wooter and deserves it.

I'll second the motion. That guy deserves it more than I do, that's for sure. Dial up? He's wooing like a boss!

I consider a looseness with words equatable to looseness of the bowels
-John Calvin

Beffy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beffy

If we're making wishes, I wish for a Thomas the Train something for my little brother, and an iPad for myself. Likelihood of this? 0.000000001%! But a girl can dream, can't she?! Or you could pay off my college loans, that'd be even more appreciated. Heehee. ;)

I always wanted a Woot Monkey to freak out my dog. She'd love/be terrified of it, and then rip it to shreds in about 5 minutes. Buahaha!

hoonyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoonyer

This will be my THIRD Big o' Cosmos this year. (I joined WOOT in April of 2008 and only started getting the crap this year.) My first two bags wern't anything to write home about. (Maybe I'm expecting too much?) I found by staying off the forums about the crap will make getting it in the mail more exciting. (Not as fun when you read about how everybody got the same things so you already know what to expect.)

milk86

quality posts: 1 Private Messages milk86
Beffy wrote:If we're making wishes, I wish for a Thomas the Train something for my little brother, and an iPad for myself. Likelihood of this? 0.000000001%! But a girl can dream, can't she?! Or you could pay off my college loans, that'd be even more appreciated. Heehee. ;)

I always wanted a Woot Monkey to freak out my dog. She'd love/be terrified of it, and then rip it to shreds in about 5 minutes. Buahaha!

Woot monkey does not mess up my dog but I found a duck that is just like the monkey but quacks.....Drives my dog INSANE!!!!!

mackmack5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mackmack5
Beffy wrote:If we're making wishes, I wish for a Thomas the Train something for my little brother, and an iPad for myself. Likelihood of this? 0.000000001%! But a girl can dream, can't she?! Or you could pay off my college loans, that'd be even more appreciated. Heehee. ;)

i would love to get a woot monkey to terrorize my pug.

kkandco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kkandco

I got my first one Yea!! I have gotten Yugster and other site mystery boxes but this is my first WOOT!!

duodec

quality posts: 14 Private Messages duodec

Hey Woot!

If I can't have monkeys to end the Woot-off, and I can't get you to facilitate the Zombie Monkeypocalypse with a special edition of our favorite primate, how about the following alternative?

This one may have broader appeal; the base idea of Trunk Monkeys (Youtube.com) actually has a cult following. And with the death of Osama and the subsequent concerns about increased evildoer activity, it is an idea whose time may have come.

The Woot! edition Tactical Trunk Monkey ( with ballistic protective cape, patch not included).

Look upon my Avatar, ye whiny, and despair!

wronkerville

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wronkerville
LEM- wrote:Hello there. Now that most of the whining, exitement and flaming is over with - time to check in with my very special purchase.

The stars have lined up this time in a certain crappy way that I scored my BоC #16 (and that is a cool 10000 in binary) and that baggie turned out to be my 100th Woot (and at his time we're going to keep it decimal).

Good luck to all those waiting for their hauls. Let the fun begin!

Congrats on being better than the rest of us!

strauss1991

quality posts: 0 Private Messages strauss1991

I have had five or six bags since I've been with woot and only one of them contained items worth the money to me. It was a john deer wind chime, a broken dvr which was easily fixed, an xbox live headset, and I forget what else. Since then it's baby snuggies, jo bros and high school musical stuff, winnie the poo tooth brush holder.. just a bunch of crap. But dammit hoping to get lucky is worth it! Its worth 8 bucks just to see how crappy ( good or bad) your bag is for me. Just checking the forums provides more entertainment than my 8 bucks would at a theater.

flamesedge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flamesedge
strauss1991 wrote:I have had five or six bags since I've been with woot and only one of them contained items worth the money to me. It was a john deer wind chime, a broken dvr which was easily fixed, an xbox live headset, and I forget what else. Since then it's baby snuggies, jo bros and high school musical stuff, winnie the poo tooth brush holder.. just a bunch of crap. But dammit hoping to get lucky is worth it! Its worth 8 bucks just to see how crappy ( good or bad) your bag is for me. Just checking the forums provides more entertainment than my 8 bucks would at a theater.

Same here, I only have received one good one. It was the very first time I managed to get one. It had a 30gb Ipod Video (it replaced a Sansa that I had also bought from woot), two nice cases for it, and some other odds and ends. The most interesting of them was what appears to be a Logitech transmitter for either a 1st or 2nd gen Ipod.

The point is that it's generally more fun to play the game, attempting to get one, then it is revealing the contents.

Bgtunna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bgtunna
sjpearsall wrote:Woot Monkeys are better to get than Woot lights.

I just hope I don't get any more Woot lights. I have 6 sets of them now and have only opened the first set I got.

Would you want to sell any woot lights? I have been wanting them for a while now, but have not been able to ever purchase them.

fyzbo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fyzbo

This is my first ever Big Orphaned Cetacea after 5 years of trying. Makes me sad hearing everyone who has scored many say they have no been as good lately. Making it through the confirmation made me feel as though I won a contest and was perhaps worth the $8 without getting anything in the mail.

Waiting patiently for hopefully a bag of awesome, not crappy crap.

subdivisions

quality posts: 0 Private Messages subdivisions
fyzbo wrote:This is my first ever Big Orphaned Cetacea after 5 years of trying. Makes me sad hearing everyone who has scored many say they have no been as good lately. Making it through the confirmation made me feel as though I won a contest and was perhaps worth the $8 without getting anything in the mail.

I admit, the last 3 or so Big o' Cosmos's i have been blessed to obtain have been truly CARP* in every sense. This being my 5th Big o' Cosmos, and first this year, i hold out hope.. but to be honest it seems ever since the aquisition from Amazon, the Big o' Cosmos just isn't what it use to be. I even think most know that hence why this one was truly easy to get.. Wootalizer actually opened up 1 buy page, and i got it.very usunual.

jigga711

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jigga711
fyzbo wrote:This is my first ever Big Orphaned Cetacea after 5 years of trying. Makes me sad hearing everyone who has scored many say they have no been as good lately. Making it through the confirmation made me feel as though I won a contest and was perhaps worth the $8 without getting anything in the mail.

I see it as paying 8 dollars to have a bit of mystery for 2 weeks. I've gotten some good items in the past. Best thing I ever got was the Sharper Image TENS belt that shocks your back.

amaydaisy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages amaydaisy
jigga711 wrote:I see it as paying 8 dollars to have a bit of mystery for 2 weeks. I've gotten some good items in the past. Best thing I ever got was the Sharper Image TENS belt that shocks your back.

Absolutely.

For me, the $8 is more about the entertainment and suspense, than what's actually in the bag. Or, technically, the box.

It's about the "what if"...the fact that the carp may not be carp. Could it be a pot of gold?!

I mean, no. Odds are, it's not going to be that metaphorical pot of gold I long for. It will be Aquaglobes. Or one of those heinous made-overseas, old-lady, beaded clutches.

But I don't care. Those 2+ weeks of anticipation leading up to that carp arrival makes up for the actual carp inside that carp box.

maciver

quality posts: 2 Private Messages maciver

This April's Big o' Cosmos was the 1st one I laughed at it was a zebra colored bag, a pen, woot keychain, and 2 rechargeable AA batteries. I just figured I was April fooled and tried again. My 1st woot account was hacked in Feb 2008 so I started this account, I love never knowing what I am going to get. I am happy just to have gotten all the way through the website and see that our order is completed hehe.

patty1955

quality posts: 5 Private Messages patty1955

I got an email yesterday from woot, with a tracking number. My heart actually skipped a beat until I remembered that I ordered something before the Big o' Cosmos and that was the order being tracked.

zzzzz78759

quality posts: 9 Private Messages zzzzz78759
patty1955 wrote:I got an email yesterday from woot, with a tracking number. My heart actually skipped a beat until I remembered that I ordered something before the Big o' Cosmos and that was the order being tracked.

I already got my pet bowls, the "Police Line" shower curtains should be here either tomorrow or the next day. Only things left from this Woot Off are the USB drives and the Big o' Cosmos. I've NEVER had anything ship out so quickly.

Hoping the Big o' Cosmos shows up on my birthday, with a happy birthday letter from threepiecewoot...I can dream

linkage89

quality posts: 1 Private Messages linkage89

I am not greedy, I don't need threepiecewoot to send me a letter. A bag with a question mark and a couple of keychain monkeys (I have heard a rumor of pink and blue) and I can make my mom happy for her birthday.

chattrup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chattrup

Since this is my fourth Baggy Old Coat in less than a year, I think I'm either very lucky, or I spend way too much time at my computer. My first three contained real carp, although the two screaming monkeys and the stainless steel bottle get mega use. My dogs are scared to death of the monkeys, but granddog comes to visit and is ecstatic over them. The fun of the game is worth the $8. Even though I'd love to get something worthwhile, I don't really expect it.

WOOT rocks!

reedmo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages reedmo

My birthday is May 28th. If they get our Big Orphaned Cetacea shipped out soon, I will have a birthday gift to myself from myself to open! Whatever I get, it surely has to be better than getting underwear for a birthday gift...

maciver

quality posts: 2 Private Messages maciver
reedmo wrote:My birthday is May 28th. If they get our Big Orphaned Cetacea shipped out soon, I will have a birthday gift to myself from myself to open! Whatever I get, it surely has to be better than getting underwear for a birthday gift...

lol I hadnt thought about that, my son's birthday is 05/19/02 I hope there is something in the box he would like too as a little surprise to go with his new bike

CapnJB

quality posts: 15 Private Messages CapnJB
sjpearsall wrote:

I could actually use another pair. Last summer we had a bad storm roll through that knocked out our power for a day. We couldn't sleep because of the heat, so around midnight I grabbed my Garrity Rechargeable LED Flashlight and headed to my workshop. Since my only still functioning source of power was my netbook, I cannibalized a set of woot lights and attached a large case fan. It wasn't a lot but it was enough to give us a slight breeze. Perfect for a sweltering night! It was one of those few moments my wife was happy to be married to a geek.

gaugh753

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gaugh753

+1

CapnJB wrote:I could actually use another pair. Last summer we had a bad storm roll through that knocked out our power for a day. We couldn't sleep because of the heat, so around midnight I grabbed my Garrity Rechargeable LED Flashlight and headed to my workshop. Since my only still functioning source of power was my netbook, I cannibalized a set of woot lights and attached a large case fan. It wasn't a lot but it was enough to give us a slight breeze. Perfect for a sweltering night! It was one of those few moments my wife was happy to be married to a geek.

I consider a looseness with words equatable to looseness of the bowels
-John Calvin

LSlipetz

quality posts: 10 Private Messages LSlipetz
mackmack5 wrote:i would love to get a woot monkey to terrorize my pug.

My pug loves his woot monkeys. I always buy three and give one to him so we have woot monkeys just scattered all over the house. I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night to screaming monkeys because he is chewing on them and sets of the scream.

andrewkl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages andrewkl
LSlipetz wrote:My pug loves his woot monkeys. I always buy three and give one to him so we have woot monkeys just scattered all over the house. I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night to screaming monkeys because he is chewing on them and sets of the scream.

My pug would just eat the damn thing... He eats anything and everything that's not bolted down (but he tries for those, too).. Had I known then what I know now, I wouldn't have named him Bruno... He'd be Hoover.. or Dyson...

My best Big o' Cosmos had a broken Roomba.. Comparatively speaking, all the other bags I've gotten have been crap...

Just really damn lucky: Random Crap: 2/15/08, 2/19/09, 12/25/09, 4/1/10, 12/1/10, 12/25/10, 4/1/11, 5/11/11, 9/14/11, 10/12/11, 12/25/11

justcco

quality posts: 4 Private Messages justcco

I've been down for the past few months. A Big o' Cosmos with something ... different would be a nice pick me up. Though to be honest, simply landing it last week was a nice pick me up. I was shocked that I was able to land it at all.

razzlefndazzle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages razzlefndazzle

forget the +1 more like +20! Awesome!

CapnJB wrote:I could actually use another pair. Last summer we had a bad storm roll through that knocked out our power for a day. We couldn't sleep because of the heat, so around midnight I grabbed my Garrity Rechargeable LED Flashlight and headed to my workshop. Since my only still functioning source of power was my netbook, I cannibalized a set of woot lights and attached a large case fan. It wasn't a lot but it was enough to give us a slight breeze. Perfect for a sweltering night! It was one of those few moments my wife was happy to be married to a geek.

bsmith1

quality posts: 111 Private Messages bsmith1

Lordy no! Spare the woot lights! The same thing can be done with any ol' USB cable you have lying around. Those Sansa cables everyone got in the last Big o' Cosmos are prime candidates for such projects.

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
andrewkl wrote:Had I known then what I know now, I wouldn't have named him Bruno... He'd be Hoover.. or Dyson...

He could be Bruno "Kirby"

Nothing follows.

xSkoad

quality posts: 14 Private Messages xSkoad

MY last couple Big o' Cosmos were as the name implies, crap. For $8 thought, its worth the gamble. Although I dont know of anyone who has gotten anything decent since Amazon took over.

ybstuk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ybstuk

12th bee-oh-cee woohoo!

12 Barrels of Crud#39;s and counting!!!