barnabee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barnabee
kate1188 wrote:My Bushel of Cats came yesterday and I wasn't here to receive it. Now I'll have to wait until tomorrow to pick it up at the post office. Does anyone know why I would have to sign for my package? The ticket they left me said I have to sign for it, I guess that's why they didn't just leave it for me.

I have received 4 Bags of Crap. Two of them I signed for, two I didn't. I'm not sure why.

Stumpy91

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Stumpy91
barnabee wrote:I second this nomination of Stumpy for human being of the year (and give the guy a quality post, Woot). And my neighbor kid thanks you, too.

*BLUSH*

Thanks. I'm glad I could help the great citizens of Gotham City in some way. ;^)

• 75 total wOOts including
  • 4/01/10 Adventure Crap
  • 12/25/09 Santa's Sack O' Crap
  • 10/23/08, 9/25/09, 3/26/10, 5/26/10, 6/24/10, 9/22/10, 10/21/10, 12/1/10, 1/25/11, 3/9/11, 5/11/11 and 3/22/12 Bundles of Crayons
  • 12 sellout.wOOts
  • 5 shirt.wOOts
  • No kids.wOOts (that I know of)

rain110302

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rain110302

If you don't report the weight of your Big o' Cosmos when reporting its contents, I will come to your house and steal your cat.

No, I'm just joking. But, seriously, would it kill you?

barnabee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barnabee
rain110302 wrote:If you don't report the weight of your Big o' Cosmos when reporting its contents, I will come to your house and steal your cat.

No, I'm just joking. But, seriously, would it kill you?

My cat will be waiting for you on the front porch.

llamasrforever

quality posts: 1 Private Messages llamasrforever
djm61 wrote:Due on the 24th arrived today...

Another copy/paste.....

no texas air
1-strawberry reusable bag
1-Knight Flight Batman
1-Pink laptop cooler
1-Pet Zoom set with 3 brushes
and.....

A full sized Day Planner and a power cable for something I didn't receive.

Oh well, so much for 3 iPads!

Maybe it's mattw783's AC adapter for his Chumby?

rlj1010

quality posts: 12 Private Messages rlj1010

Ugh, my bag just lost some weight on a new scan.

Went from 7.1 lbs from first scan, and now it's down to 6.3 lbs.

Dimensions also changed. Originally was listed as 13" cubed. It is now 24.2 in. x 12.7 in. x 12.7 in.

omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009

My bag gained weight! from 4.9 to 5.2.
It is still scheduled for the 24th and it is finally in NJ. If lucky it could arrive tomorrow.

On my first bag, I guess somebody in the post office wanted to look productive to their supervisor and posted that it was delivered 1 day before it arrived. Which prompted me to freak out, thought it got stolen or delivered to the wrong address.

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

hemingway155

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hemingway155

As a hitchhiker, somebody help me out. Once tracking says that a package has arrived at a FedEx SmartPost Facility in your town, how long are you looking at for your package to arrive? Mine made it to the facility last Friday(5/20) and it's status hasn't changed since. I know it has to be transferred to the post office, but hoping I might get it tomorrow. Just wanted to know if your wisdom might either keep me from waiting at the door all day or justify it. FYI, my Big o' Cosmos's weight is 3.3lbs and I haven't seen a lot of the smaller ones posted so far -- sad it looks like I'm not getting a Batman copter, but hope I get something interesting. Thanks in advance.

Kris

CapnJB

quality posts: 15 Private Messages CapnJB
rlj1010 wrote:Ugh, my bag just lost some weight on a new scan.

Went from 7.1 lbs from first scan, and now it's down to 6.3 lbs.

Dimensions also changed. Originally was listed as 13" cubed. It is now 24.2 in. x 12.7 in. x 12.7 in.

It's a TARDIS. You'll get it three years ago.

LayneRobinson

quality posts: 5 Private Messages LayneRobinson
hemingway155 wrote:As a hitchhiker, somebody help me out. Once tracking says that a package has arrived at a FedEx SmartPost Facility in your town, how long are you looking at for your package to arrive? Mine made it to the facility last Friday(5/20) and it's status hasn't changed since.

Mine got to Houston on the 20th and hung out for a while. It left Houston today (22nd) and should be in Austin in time for a Monday??? delivery. So, sometimes it'll hang out in the SmartPost facility for a while.

Holy Crap! I got a letter! http://www.twitpic.com/1edbfv
It turned out to be car wax http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89F-TOVQtrI

justcco

quality posts: 4 Private Messages justcco
hemingway155 wrote:As a hitchhiker, somebody help me out. Once tracking says that a package has arrived at a FedEx SmartPost Facility in your town, how long are you looking at for your package to arrive? Mine made it to the facility last Friday(5/20) and it's status hasn't changed since. I know it has to be transferred to the post office, but hoping I might get it tomorrow. Just wanted to know if your wisdom might either keep me from waiting at the door all day or justify it. FYI, my Big o' Cosmos's weight is 3.3lbs and I haven't seen a lot of the smaller ones posted so far -- sad it looks like I'm not getting a Batman copter, but hope I get something interesting. Thanks in advance.

I've always received it within a couple of days of hitting the SmartPost facility. This time, I'm not so sure, mostly because we had a lot of tornadoes near the facility.

wangertang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wangertang
hemingway155 wrote:As a hitchhiker, somebody help me out. Once tracking says that a package has arrived at a FedEx SmartPost Facility in your town, how long are you looking at for your package to arrive? Mine made it to the facility last Friday(5/20) and it's status hasn't changed since. I know it has to be transferred to the post office, but hoping I might get it tomorrow. Just wanted to know if your wisdom might either keep me from waiting at the door all day or justify it. FYI, my Big o' Cosmos's weight is 3.3lbs and I haven't seen a lot of the smaller ones posted so far -- sad it looks like I'm not getting a Batman copter, but hope I get something interesting. Thanks in advance.

Kris

This has happened to me before, in my case the fedex system never updated, I just received my package the day it was supposed to get here.

AbEnd

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AbEnd

1-strawberry reusable bag
1-Knight Flight Batman
1-gray laptop cooler
1-Pet Zoom set with 3 brushes
and.....

A Linksys "Certified Refurbished" DSL router w/ 4-port switch. A blue post-it note attached to the Linksys CD helpful says "Not Working"!

All this for 6.5 lbs

kerrycindy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kerrycindy
Stumpy91 wrote:*BLUSH*

Thanks. I'm glad I could help the great citizens of Gotham City in some way. ;^)

Congrats on the quality post Stumpy!! You deserve it and more. My border collie, Isis, has had a ball chasing Batman as he flies around the living room keeping us safe from ridiculous riddles and jamashish jokes.

Beau13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Beau13

Estimated delivery on May 25

weight listed as 10.9 lbs

kerrycindy

Now that Stumpy has solved the non-charging Batman problem, anybody got a fix for the non-charging Motor Trend LED multi-function emergency hazard, flashlight, and area light with built-in usb power port thing that I would really like to be able to take on camping trips? It will not charge in the house via 110 volt or in the car via 12 volt. Sadness is slowly enveloping my need for portable light and usb power.

Stumpy, how about a shot at another quality post?

mrangoonwala

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrangoonwala

looks like i also received the basic list

- strawberry bag
- knight flight batman (my son is in love with woot now)
- set of pet Zoom brushes (my neighbor and her dog love woot now)
- Philips surge protector
- Heatshift laptop cooler

BUT, my laptop cooler was busted and leaking gel and ooze all over the place. anybody else have that issue? i've emailed woot, but crap is crap, so i'm not expecting much.

cant wait for the next Big o' Cosmos!

dirtywop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dirtywop

This may be an ignorant question but why do people keep mentioning the bag of texas air? whats so good about it?

jyourman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jyourman

Gained a tenth of a pound, up to 4.0
14.4 in. x 10.3 in. x 8.7 in.

Est Delivery Friday.. C'mon smartpost, speed it up!

Woody1150

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Woody1150
LSlipetz wrote:1 - Heatshift Laptop cooler
1 - Knight Flight Batman
3 - Pet Zoom brushes
1 - Remote Control Helicopter
1 - Strawberry Reusable Bag

What kind of helicopter?

this one?

this one?

this one?

this one?

this one?

Enquiring minds need to know!

kerrycindy

dirtywop wrote:This may be an ignorant question but why do people keep mentioning the bag of texas air? whats so good about it?

The bags of Texas air are a kind of over-sized bubble wrap intended to cushion the contents of your box of carubundum. They can also be used as a pillow or a device to scare the crap out of someone by stomping on them thus causing them to explode loudly. Oh, and what is good about them is the fact that they contain the best smelling air in all of airdom, Texas air.

elraphbo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elraphbo
elraphbo wrote:24.5 lbs Due 5/26 this is my 1st and I'm giddy with excitement. What the heck could be in there?

Departed Atlanta today now package is 24.6... [I just peed in my shorts a little bit...]

highwyre237

quality posts: 6 Private Messages highwyre237
dirtywop wrote:This may be an ignorant question but why do people keep mentioning the bag of texas air? whats so good about it?

if you puncture it, and drink the sweet sweet texas air, you will either turn into an Austin Hipster, a Dallas Cowboy, or A Texarkana hick(I've never been to Texarkana, but i like saying the city name.)

Give it a try and report back

Woody1150

elraphbo wrote:Departed Atlanta today now package is 24.6... [I just peed in my shorts a little bit...]

The craps are multiplying inside the box!

LayneRobinson

highwyre237 wrote:if you puncture it, and drink the sweet sweet texas air, you will either turn into an Austin Hipster, a Dallas Cowboy, or A Texarkana hick(I've never been to Texarkana, but i like saying the city name.)

Give it a try and report back

I guess the entire western half of the state doesn't exist? I know it's a lot of wide-open nuthin', but the state doesn't end in Austin.

P.S. For who ever was taking cats, I have three you can have.....I think they are plotting to take over the world.

garaux

quality posts: 5 Private Messages garaux
garaux wrote:I got this plus a very useful Phillips iPhone / iPod charger set. Not quite a Rapture Survival Kit, but at least my phone will be charged to video the whole event.

Pics because it happened

Edit: Grammar

An update to my Crap. One of my coworkers scored a BoC with a shirt.woot T-List Awards coffee cup in it. I managed to talk him out of it without promising away my soul or (un)born children.

Pics will have to wait until after lunch since I do not have my phone with me.

WestCoastWooters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WestCoastWooters
kingdomkeeper wrote:Even the desktop app hates me...it tells me to please try again...and I know I am putting in the right password...first its taking 3 times as long for my package to get from one hub to another then it normally does, and now I can't even get on my fedex or fedex desktop!

I'm in the same boat...can't login to myFedex since last Friday! I'm supposed to be delivered tomorrow and my package is still 1.0 lbs.

LEM-

quality posts: 147 Private Messages LEM-

Kris

The short answer is: 1 to 5 days depending on how busy your post office is. The long answer can be found in the last section of my SmartPost primer

cdfmrl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdfmrl

Got mine (no photo):

- Flying batman
- Laptop cooler
- Pet brushes
- Strawberry bag

katjim00

quality posts: 7 Private Messages katjim00

I got the standard of:

1 - Knight Flight Batman
1 - Heatshift Laptop Cooler
1 - Pet Zoom brushes
1 - Strawberry Bag

Plus one standard USB Seal Shield keyboard... hoping to use it on my Wii

Thanks WOOT! for another WONDERFUL Big o' Cosmos!

katfin25

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katfin25

I also got the standard of:

1 reusable strawberry bag
1 hot pink laptop cooler
1 Knight Flight Batman
1 3-pack of PetZoom brushes, I have a dog so this works out well

and

1 IRIScan portable light compact USB scanner. The box was open, and the scanner itself was wrapped in brown paper and has a return address sticker. So, Robert from CA, it appears I received your scanner!

Do you like beer? Then check out
brewlimination.com

Do NOT EVER purchase Bella Terra Cosmetics!

denela

quality posts: 2 Private Messages denela

6.4 lbs, due 5/24, 24.1 x 12.6 x 12.3

I was amazed to see just how quickly mine got to Charlotte (2 days!! express lane, all the way, fastest yet) and since the wee hours of Saturday morning, it's "Departed FedEx Location" with the shipping info sent to the PO....in Winston-Salem, about 90 minutes away....I was hopeful for delivery today....maybe it will happen so, and the USPS info just hasn't caught up yet?

hcsencsi

quality posts: 12 Private Messages hcsencsi

Mine is due tomorrow, but I can't open it until Thursday.

...must...resist....reading posts...

Booger Face

xSkoad

quality posts: 11 Private Messages xSkoad

Seems like everyone is getting the same thing. Also thought you use to get 3 items per Big o' Cosmos. So shouldnt we be getting 9 items?

Got my Big o' Cosmos today.

Pkg: 5.8lbs

Mine consisted of

1 - Heatshift Laptop cooler
1 - Knight Flight Batman
1 - Pkg Pet Zoom brushes
1 - Personal Wifi Hotspot

highwyre237

quality posts: 6 Private Messages highwyre237
xSkoad wrote:Seems like everyone is getting the same thing. Also thought you use to get 3 items per Big o' Cosmos. So shouldnt we be getting 9 items?

Got my Big o' Cosmos today.

Pkg: 5.8lbs

Mine consisted of

1 - Heatshift Laptop cooler
1 - Knight Flight Batman
1 - Pkg Pet Zoom brushes
1 - Personal Wifi Hotspot

if 1 Big o' Cosmos = 1Bag + 3Craps, then 1 Big o' Cosmos = 9 craps

that math seems right to me too.

Woody1150

highwyre237 wrote:if 1 Big o' Cosmos = 1Bag + 3Craps, then 1 Big o' Cosmos = 9 craps

that math seems right to me too.

hee hee

LayneRobinson

xSkoad wrote:Seems like everyone is getting the same thing. Also thought you use to get 3 items per Big o' Cosmos. So shouldnt we be getting 9 items?

You also used to have to order 3 instead of just ordering 1.

But, it's used to be one crap for each item ordered plus a bag. Now, it's 3 craps for each order (with a max quantity of 1). So, anything above 3 is still lagniappe.

gargreguan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gargreguan

I'm not reading anyone's posts until my 24.3" x 12.6" x 12.2" 6.2lbs. Big o' Cosmos arrives. It just left Grove City, Ohio early this morning. Should be here in a day or two. Just thought I'd update y'all. :o)

NedDawg

quality posts: 34 Private Messages NedDawg

6.3 lbs. No air bags or other packing materials whatsoever.
Contents:
1 - Knight Flight Batman
1 - Heatshift Laptop Cooler (gray)
1 - Pet Zoom brush set
1 - Strawberry Bag
Plus
1 Targus Heat Defense for Laptops (gray), which looks very similar to the Heatshift Cooler.

forcers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages forcers

5.2 lbs:
1 - Knight Flight Batman
1 - Heatshift Laptop Cooler
1 - Pet Zoom brush set
1 - Strawberry Bag
1 - TekCase DSI extended life battery (3x play time)