trinx01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trinx01

On an only marginally related note: for those of you disgruntled with the SmartPost shipping system, just take a gander at the expediency of one of its competitors (for an item totally not ordered at woot.com, but coming from Texas nonetheless and therefore an interesting point of comparison):

Mesquite, TX, United States 05/23/2011 11:21 A.M. Departure Scan
05/23/2011 9:50 A.M. Arrival Scan
Houston, TX, United States 05/23/2011 5:50 A.M. Departure Scan
Houston, TX, United States 05/22/2011 10:20 P.M. Arrival Scan
Beaumont, TX, United States 05/20/2011 10:30 P.M. Departure Scan
05/20/2011 8:47 P.M. Origin Scan
05/20/2011 4:26 P.M. Pickup Scan
United States 05/19/2011 8:07 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Granted, this was over the weekend so I'll give them a bit of slack. However, following this progression it will take about 20 days to get my merchandise (in Northern California). Obviously, once it gets into their interstate system it will move faster, and they estimate 8 days for delivery--still slower than my Bee Oh See, which is scheduled to arrive 5/25.

So to those of you who are sitting on pins and needles and cursing SmartPost--just be glad that woot.com doesn't use the boys in brown. Our Bolsitas of Coveting generally manage to leave the state of Texas within a day or two at least--mine was out in Colorado within about 12-14 hours!

Woot loves me. It's true, they do: http://www.woot.com/blog/viewentry.aspx?id=6608

jasonwatkins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasonwatkins

I got:
Knight Flight Batman (have no use for this but Batman is cool)
Heatshift Laptop Cooler (using it right now, great now that hot temperatures are here)
3 Pet Zoom brushes (I have 3 dogs!)
Strawberry Bag (holds all the extra make up that came in the box)
A 6th gen 8G Ipod Nano! (heck ya)
a cable for a sansa player (I already have one)
and a dock for maybe a electric shaver?

thedoombot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thedoombot

I've got a little time traveler on the way! 2.9lbs, due on the 25th, and already tagged locally @ 5:04am on the 24th.

rengel134

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rengel134

Ship date: May 19, 2011
Estimated delivery: May 27, 2011

Why so longgggggggg?

---
rengel134

kingdomkeeper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kingdomkeeper

My 5.7 lb. Battalion of Crabs arrived today.

1 - Knight Flight Batman
1 - Heatshift Laptop Cooler
1 - Pet Zoom brushes
1 - Strawberry Bag
1 - Skil 38 Piece Ratcheting Screwdriver Set

I think woot sent me the wrong box...where's my letter? :P Definitely not going to complain as I can use the screwdriver set(was tempted to get it when it was the normal woot) but I was hoping for one of the neat receipts or other tech items people have been getting!

joecooool

quality posts: 23 Private Messages joecooool

I appear to have been the only one so far to get the Bendaroos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDp7JetbiGY

maciver

quality posts: 2 Private Messages maciver

1-strawberry reusable bag
1-Knight Flight Batman
1-gray laptop cooler
1-Pet Zoom set with 3 brushes
1-Disney Princess Blanket

5.5lbs on Fedex, my scale says 5.3lbs... so dunno if fedex is scamming on charges or i lost something in transit. No evidence of tampering tho... all in all a good Big o' Cosmos

xSkoad

quality posts: 12 Private Messages xSkoad
joecooool wrote:I appear to have been the only one so far to get the Bendaroos.

Super jealous of those Bendaroos.

Also I think I lost stuff from my box. The tape wasnt put on the box well and I could just reach inside and grab things. So something small could have slipped out, but I doubt it as I got just as many items as everyone else.

LayneRobinson

quality posts: 8 Private Messages LayneRobinson
joecooool wrote:I appear to have been the only one so far to get the Bendaroos.

Cool deal on the Bendaroos. You need to make a Woot Flying Monkey w/ cape and post a picture....

Holy Crap! I got a letter! http://www.twitpic.com/1edbfv
It turned out to be car wax http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89F-TOVQtrI

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
rengel134 wrote:Ship date: May 19, 2011
Estimated delivery: May 27, 2011

Why so longgggggggg?

That's what she said! (lolz, right?) To answer your question; either God made me this way or it was Natural Selection. Take your pick.

PaintTheSkyGrey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PaintTheSkyGrey

Mine was a little different than everyone else's.

-1 strawberry expandable tote
-1 pair of Harbinger KCR Gloves (small)
-1 5 speaker mounting kit
-1 swivel stand for laptops (or monitors or whatever else you could think of that needs to swivel)
-1 shirt.woot T-List 2010 mug

Kinda wanted a laptop cooling pad... But not too bad of a haul!

joecooool

quality posts: 23 Private Messages joecooool
LayneRobinson wrote:Cool deal on the Bendaroos. You need to make a Woot Flying Monkey w/ cape and post a picture....

I went to Amazon and looked up everyting that came in my box. If I ordered that stuff now, it would cost $92.50.

murphy48

quality posts: 7 Private Messages murphy48

Received my 6.1 lb box here in California

1 - Knight Flight Batman
1 - Pet Zoom brushes
1 - Strawberry Bag

1 - CrystalView iPad Case w/Bluetooth Keyboard

I think I'll use everything I received. Pretty excited! Thanks woot!

Woody1150

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Woody1150
PaintTheSkyGrey wrote:Mine was a little different than everyone else's.

-1 strawberry expandable tote
-1 pair of Harbinger KCR Gloves (small)
-1 5 speaker mounting kit
-1 swivel stand for laptops (or monitors or whatever else you could think of that needs to swivel)
-1 shirt.woot T-List 2010 mug

I rate this crap:

mewatson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mewatson

Received the crud.

1 Night Flight Batman
1 Heatshift laptop cooler in hot pink
3 Dog brushes
1 Strawberry tote bag
1 Early Warning 3130 radar detector

Not a bad haul, thanks Woot! I've always wanted to try a radar detector, but never wanted to spend the money, so that will be fun to play with on the upcoming Memorial Day Weekend road trip.

Phil254

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Phil254

My 5.7 lb. box arrived today, a day early. Thanks SmartPost!

The box contained:

1 - Strawberry Compact Shopping Bag (meh)
1 - Heatshift Laptop cooler (Cool!)
1 - Knight Flight Batman Infrared R/C Helicopter (also cool!)
1 - 3 Pack Pet Zoom brushes (gave to friend with dogs)
1 - National Geographic on DVD, 1888-2009 as seen on Amazon

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
it is by the beans of java that thoughts acquire speed,
the hands acquire shaking,
the shaking becomes a warning,
it is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff

5 craps and I've yet to get a sansa, zune, digital camera, usb drive or webcam. In fact, unless a High School Musical clock counts I have yet to receive anything remotely technological/electronic. I'd forgo a working sansa for a letter. Come on, wootgods, PPPLLLEEASSSEEE?

1 - Knight Flight Batman
1 - Pet Zoom brushes
1 - Strawberry Bag
1 - Franklin Covey leatherette planner with no pages inside

Votes appreciated.

145jmp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 145jmp

Got my crap today:

1 - Knight Flight Batman
1 - Pet Zoom brushes
1 - Strawberry Bag
2 - Skil Ratcheting Screwdriver Set

6.2 lbs

jasonsf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jasonsf

Got mine.

1 Knight Flight Batman
1 Microsoft Life Cam
1 Heatshift Laptop Cooler
1 Strawberry reusable shopping bag
1 set of 3 Pet Brushes

Not bad.

missellienc

quality posts: 15 Private Messages missellienc
denela wrote:6.4 lbs, due 5/24, 24.1 x 12.6 x 12.3

I was amazed to see just how quickly mine got to Charlotte (2 days!! express lane, all the way, fastest yet) and since the wee hours of Saturday morning, it's "Departed FedEx Location" with the shipping info sent to the PO....in Winston-Salem, about 90 minutes away....I was hopeful for delivery today....maybe it will happen so, and the USPS info just hasn't caught up yet?

Howdy neighbor! I was supposed to get mine today but it was a no-show. Mine left Charlotte on the 22nd.

swimmnmike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swimmnmike

Just got my 4.4 lbs of glorious booty:

1 - Strawberry Bag
2 - 8 Pack of Colgate Wisps (peppermint flavor)
1 - I think it is Creative Vado accessories. Box says "Sportsman's Package" and comes with a battery, silicone skins, power adapter, and a DC to USB convertor
1 - 5 speaker mounting kit

Now i just need to buy a Creative Vado and 5 satellite speakers.

gvencelov

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gvencelov

got my crap today, a day early from original ETA ::edit:: forgot to add, it was marked at 5.9lbs and measured 24x12x12::/edit::

first things were the standard:

• Flying Batman
  • Cooling Pad
  • Strawberry Bag
  • PetZoom Brushes

so I won't bother w/ individual pics of those. I'm kind of glad I stayed off the forums this go around. I <3 Batman and get all kinds of lil doo-dads and Batman things so I was very very excited when I saw this. I may have been less excited had I already anticipated getting it (though still excited ). Cooling Pad may be too small for my personal laptop, but may be good to toss into my work bag and the brushes will get good use on the kitties & the bag works in well with my county's new bag tax

In addition to that I also got

• 2 Table Top Tripods (
    as seen in 4/1 BOCs
    )

and something wrapped in bubble wrap....

when opened revealed to be....

• Panasonic Lumix DMC-FP3

The camera appears to be in working order with all accessories/cables etc I just bought a (from what I read) "better" camera back in March, but it's nice to have an extra on hand for when I don't need the oomph of my Nikon

Definitely an "A" haul in my opinion!

dziendobry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dziendobry

OH THE HORROR! Fedex says it was delivered by the USPS on Saturday. Our building isn't open on Saturday. Where o' where could my Big o' Cosmos be?

Delivered: 05/21/2011 12:30 PM ; IRVING, TX; Package delivered by U.S. Postal Service to addressee

No sticky on the door, no note in the mailbox. I haz a sad.

gwbaker

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gwbaker

My very first Big Orphaned Cetacea, and I must say, not bad...

1 Night Flight Batman
1 Heatshift laptop cooler in hot pink
3 Dog brushes
1 Strawberry tote bag
1 Linksys Cable/DSL Router (refirb)

Not a bad haul, thanks Woot!

Old Chinese Guy Say: Man who stand on toilet, high on pot.

LayneRobinson

gvencelov wrote:I'm kind of glad I stayed off the forums this go around. I <3 Batman and get all kinds of lil doo-dads and Batman things so I was very very excited when I saw this. I may have been less excited had I already anticipated getting it (though still excited ).

At this point, I'm going to be disappointed if I *DON'T* get a Batman copter.....I wanted one but couldn't get spousal clearance to purchase when they've shown up. Same thing happened with the Roombas....my wife said no and the Woot-gods said yes.

Also, nice on the camera! So far it is one of the better hauls.

gvencelov

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gvencelov
dziendobry wrote:OH THE HORROR! Fedex says it was delivered by the USPS on Saturday. Our building isn't open on Saturday. Where o' where could my Big o' Cosmos be?

is this an office building? Do you know if you have a regular post-person? Has mail come yet today? I think sometimes Jimmy our regular Postman will mark it as "delivered" even though he couldn't deliver it; just so it wasn't an exception (either that or he just "ignores" the X# of exceptions until it's RTS). Then he holds on to it until he can deliver it in person.

Sometimes he'll also leave it in the leasing office (though if the whole building was closed, this may not have been accessible either) if I'm not in so I can get it as soon as I get in; but then he does usually at least leave a note w/ the mail he did slip under the door :-\

annietsai

quality posts: 5 Private Messages annietsai

i didn't get in on this Big o' Cosmos this time, but my coworker did, and hers arrived today. she's not at work...

what is proper woot etiquette? shouldn't a Big o' Cosmos be opened right when it's delivered? hehehe.

jasonsf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jasonsf

Woody, rate my crap!

My Crap

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser
kingdomkeeper wrote:My 5.7 lb. Battalion of Crabs arrived today.

1 - Knight Flight Batman
1 - Pet Zoom brushes
1 - Strawberry Bag
1 - Skil 38 Piece Ratcheting Screwdriver Set

I think woot sent me the wrong box...where's my letter? :P Definitely not going to complain as I can use the screwdriver set(was tempted to get it when it was the normal woot) but I was hoping for one of the neat receipts or other tech items people have been getting!

I got exactly the same, arrived 30 minutes ago. I was hoping for an eBook reader, but what ya get is what ya get.

edit: It was 5.5 lbs.

patty1955

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patty1955

I know where you can get a eBook reader for cheap.

olperfesser wrote:I got exactly the same, arrived 30 minutes ago. I was hoping for an eBook reader, but what ya get is what ya get.

darkelfz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages darkelfz

Wow mine made it to Kent today and I have hopes I may get it tomorrow. If so this would be the first time I have ever gotten an order earlier then the first predicated arrival date.

6.4#'s heading my may.

LayneRobinson

This is the slowest any of my craps have been.

Two days in Houston (Friday to Sunday) and then no update from either FedEx or USPS today even though it should be in Austin already......unless the truck got lost/hijacked.

Flashing-Amber-Lights Alert: Missing - One 6lb Big Orphaned Cetacea. Last seen between Houston and Austin on Sunday afternoon. If seen, please add a few TVs and a letter and deliver to me.

dziendobry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dziendobry
gvencelov wrote:is this an office building? Do you know if you have a regular post-person? Has mail come yet today? I think sometimes Jimmy our regular Postman will mark it as "delivered" even though he couldn't deliver it; just so it wasn't an exception (either that or he just "ignores" the X# of exceptions until it's RTS). Then he holds on to it until he can deliver it in person.

Sometimes he'll also leave it in the leasing office (though if the whole building was closed, this may not have been accessible either) if I'm not in so I can get it as soon as I get in; but then he does usually at least leave a note w/ the mail he did slip under the door :-\

It is probably in the mail room downstairs waiting to be delivered by the post office worker, that mail room is only accessible by the USPS employees. So I will wait until tomorrow and try to catch them when they are sorting and delivering.

linkage89

quality posts: 1 Private Messages linkage89
darkelfz wrote:Wow mine made it to Kent today and I have hopes I may get it tomorrow. If so this would be the first time I have ever gotten an order earlier then the first predicated arrival date.

6.4#'s heading my may.

Mine's in Kent, also.

jeffdoh

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jeffdoh

My 5.6 LB (or 5.9 lb updated) haul:

The Standard Crap:
1. Knight Flight Batman (Amazon Retail $27.97)
2. Heatshift Laptop Cooler (Amazon $ 13.49)
3. Pet Zoom brushes (Amazon $14.49)
4. Strawberry Bag (Amazon $3.85)
Standard Crap Retail Value: $59.80

Unique Crap:
5. Philips Home Electronics 6-outlet Surge Protector (Amazon $12.68)

My Bag Retail Value: $72.48

Emotional Value of Bag: Depends on what happens with Obamacare.

Jeffrey Lax

omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009

Mine beat the clock (arrived 1 day early).

5.2lbs according to FedEx, no scale here.

1-strawberry reusable bag
1-Knight Flight Batman
1-White laptop cooler
1-Pet Zoom set with 3 brushes
1-pack of those wisp on the go toothbrushes
1- small Ugly ass-hell white and gray tote bag
And the only thing I'm keeping
1-flashlight,with adjustable beam, strobe and low power options. There is no brand name on it, and have not seen it in woot before. but it is bright as hell.

Edit: Found it

http://www.heartlandamerica.com/browse/item.asp?PIN=119985&SC=WIF20001&

Better than my last BAG, But I will need at least 2 more, to wash the after taste of the 4/11 Sony dash debacle. FU Sony!!! Long live Woot.

Wow Gvencelov, congratulations, wish it was me.

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

carl669

quality posts: 27 Private Messages carl669
darkelfz wrote:Wow mine made it to Kent today and I have hopes I may get it tomorrow. If so this would be the first time I have ever gotten an order earlier then the first predicated arrival date.

6.4#'s heading my may.

Kent,WA? if so, you're lucky. i'm in Kent and my ETA is 5/26. perhaps a fellow Kentian is getting a letter?

Wife: Do you really need all this junk?
Me: At least I don't ask you if it makes me look fat.
--------------------------------------

lawngnome

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lawngnome

After the last few Blackened Owl Chests that I've received, I wasn't expecting much from this lot.

However, I ended up being surprised and very happy with all these goodies.

We've got the following (as pictured above):

• Knight Flight Batman
    (this could potentially be a great gift... if I don't open it myself by the end of the day and try flying this bad boy around. One more gargleblaster this thing looks so cool. Anyone try this thing out yet?)

• HeatShift laptop heat dispersing pad
    (since this is pink, my wife already claimed it.)

• 21 Piece Skil Ratcheting Screwdriver set
    (you can never have too many screwdrivers!)

• 3 pc PetZoom pet grooming kit
    (oh the cats will love these. Or hate them. It's hard to tell until you're bleeding.)

• Strawberry Pocket Tote bag
    (got one of these in the last Blinky Odd Chap. Stuff in a little catnip; instant cat toy!)

Very happy indeed!

If the reports of the Batman Flyer are positive, I might take it into work and harass my coworkers with it. Did I mention how cool it looks??

flamesedge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flamesedge

Time to post mine.

1x three piece pet grooming kit (useful for my cat)
1x Heatshift laptop cooler (too small for the 17 in and too big for the netbook but should get use)
1x Batman helicopter
1x strawberry bag
1x Sanyo camera back (but no camera to come with it )
1x Logitech Clearchat headset (not bad, I can always use another headset)

All in all I would consider this a worthwhile bag.
Thanks for the fun Woot.
I'll keep trying to get each and every bag I can, and maybe next time you can include that camera to go with the bag ;) .

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1

I already broke my knight flight batman. The stabilizer thing between the two propellers broke so now he flips over and crashes every time. Please PM me if you are willing to harvest the spare part from your batman copter and mail it to me.