gvharr00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gvharr00

Yippee! I received my 5.0 lb plain brown wrapper 24x12x12 big orphaned cetacean today (a day earlier than expected) containing the following wonderment:

1 - Knight Flight Batman
1 - HeatShift Laptop Cooler (screen size 15)
1 - PetZoom brush set (3)
1 - 16" Ultra-Expand Shopping Tote - Strawberry
1 - USB Think Light...the faster you type, the brighter the light

A great haul -- thanks Woot!

woman_with_catz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woman_with_catz

got mine today.

Ultra Expand Shopping Tote - Strawberry
Heat Shift Laptop Cooler for 17" laptop
PetZoom Brushes
Remote Control Batman
Dazzle Video Creator/DVD Recorder with DVD

I got a strawberry bag in the last Woot-off Bandolier of Carrots. I had bought the PetZoom Brushes on a 2 for 1 tuesday. This is my third Big o' Cosmos. The first one was the best

brianw1957

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brianw1957

Well, got mine a day before it was to arrive.

1 - Knight Flight Batman - The Brave and Bold

1 - Heatshift Laptop Cooler - Silver
1 - Set of 3 Pet Zoom brushes
1 - Strawberry Bag
1 - Skil 22 Piece Screw Driver Ratchet Set
Missing, good o'l Texas Air...
Thanks oh Woot! Gods.

maggie3052

quality posts: 3 Private Messages maggie3052
denela wrote:Neat! Maybe those could be used for zipper pulls as well.

Tween belt loop jewelry. Very hot, "cool" in Charlotte. These girls wear expensive stuff from their belt loops. Add a few beads and start a new fad where you live...

maggie3052

quality posts: 3 Private Messages maggie3052
LayneRobinson wrote:Here's the scoop:

6lbs (didn't verify)

Standard items:
Strawberry bag
Batman Cat-terror
Pink laptop cooling mat
Pet brushes (to placate the cats after they have been terrorized)

Non-standard items:
USB think light (not my video, but the same product): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu719UBV-6A
2-pack of Leak Frogs (to join the three I already have)

Good haul. 3 1/2 Woot lights.

No car wax?

wangertang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wangertang
gvharr00 wrote:Yippee! I received my 5.0 lb plain brown wrapper 24x12x12 big orphaned cetacean today (a day earlier than expected) containing the following wonderment:

1 - Knight Flight Batman
1 - USB Think Light...the faster you type, the brighter the light

A great haul -- thanks Woot!

Same haul here! Best Big o' Cosmos so far :P Thanks woot!

tabn8r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tabn8r

1 - strawberry bag
1 - 5 speaker mounting kit
1 - laptop swivel
1 - pair of kcr gloves in L

thankfully have folks that can use those items.

box weighed in at 3.1 lbs & came in 2 days early.

cdebish

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cdebish

The Standard Big o' Cosmos

1 Strawberry reusable bag
1 Knight Flight Batman
1 Laptop cooler
1 Pet Zoom set with 3 brushes
0 Texas air

But here is the kicker. One Cordless Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3D Electric razor 1280XCC. No charger with 58 Minutes of charge time left.

LOL I Guess I get an hour of shaving.

Thanks WOOT, love the randomness.

Some say I'm lucky, Others say it's skill. All I know is my 1st grade teacher would be proud!
My Craptastic Success - 24 and counting
4/1/13 5/22/12 4/25/12 3/22/12 12/25/11 12/6/11 7/12/11 5/11/11 3/9/11 3/26/10 12/25/09 4/1/09 12/25/08 10/23/08 7/12/08 6/20/08 4/1/08 12/25/07 10/25/07 3/23/07 1/31/07 12/25/06 11/17/06 11/17/06

LEM-

quality posts: 147 Private Messages LEM-

Reporting from New York here on the receipt of my anniversary crаp.

7.1lbs as per FedEx but unconfirmed arrived earlier today in a poorly sealed box (so a possibility of small item(s) being missing.)

The rundown:

The usual:
1 x Batman (Hooray!)
1 x Strawberry bag (to be donated to mother)
3 x Pet brushes (a couple of pet owner neighbors will be happy)
1 x Laptop cooling pad (white)

The unusual (I've seen a few reported but not many):

1 x Franklin Covey Genuine Leather planner, leadership design. Starter set.

The picture, of course:

Not sure if it is clear from this shooting angle, but Mr. Batman is in flight on this shot - hoovering over the rest of the crаp. The propeller appears still because the flash had "frozen" it as it goes on for a very short fraction of a second...

I was trying to get a better shot, but operating two remote controls at once (for batman and for camera) appeared to be a bit harder a task then I originally imagined.

All in all I'm very happy. I never had a toy like this as a child, and could never justify it these days as my girls are completely uninterested in this kind of stuff!

Thank you Woot, you never disappoint!

Eggwagon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Eggwagon

I got:

1x 5 speaker mounting kit

1x pair of Harbinger XL gloves

Is there some rule where if you don't get some sort of sack with your Big Orphaned Cetacea you get a do over? ^-^

andrewkl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages andrewkl
Eggwagon wrote:I got:

1x 5 speaker mounting kit

1x pair of Harbinger XL gloves

Is there some rule where if you don't get some sort of sack with your Big Orphaned Cetacea you get a do over? ^-^

By rights, you're entitled to a bag of some sort, and an additional crap...

Just really damn lucky: Random Crap: 2/15/08, 2/19/09, 12/25/09, 4/1/10, 12/1/10, 12/25/10, 4/1/11, 5/11/11, 9/14/11, 10/12/11, 12/25/11

barnabee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barnabee
CapnJB wrote:Man... no batman. *kicks a rock*

I received:

Strawberry bag
3 pet brushes
Laptop cooling pad
51 piece kids toolkit which my 3 year old daughter loves!

Oh, and some random Li-ion battery.

Speaking on behalf of the Society for the Prevention of Abuse of Rocks (SPAR), maybe I can help you out with your batman problem.

Would you please private message me, Capn?

rothmaniac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rothmaniac

Got mine today, sealed nicely in an official woot box.
I got the usual, 1 set pet brush, 1 laptop pad, 1 strawberry bag and 1 super awesome batman copter!
My random item is a sealed Kensington sd100 docking station. I was pretty stoked at first, because I would love a docking station for home, but it doesn't have anything for monitors, which makes it a glorified USB hub.

All in all, very happy with my ultra crappy crap!

FrostByte

quality posts: 14 Private Messages FrostByte

Woo hoo... another strawberry bag!

1 x Strawberry shopping bag
1 x Knight Flight Batman
1 x Dog care brush kit (in nondescript cardboard box)
1 x Heat Shift Laptop Cooler
1 x Dream Cheeky USB Think Light (Recd 4/4/2011 by S. Shaffer - and it's been INSPECTED)

I'm not sure how many collapsible bags the wife will want in her purse, but I'm guessing that's where this one will go to meet its sister bag.

The boy (5) should love the Batman.

I don't have a dog, but I know someone that does.

The laptop cooler is intriguing, and I'm glad I got a neutral color.

The USB light claims "The faster you type the brighter the light." Unforunately, it is also "Compatible with Windows XP and 2000." I might have to upgrade my Windows ME machine (ha ha). I'll have to see if Win7 compatibility mode is good enough.

All in all, no complaints.

Thanks again Woot! The Big o' Cosmos process is always a fun one that can only get better once it actually arrives!

jrsquonk

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jrsquonk

My Big o' Cosmos spent 36 quality hours at the FedEx sorting facility in Chino, CA, then took a nice leisurely 6 hours to get from Chino to Los Angeles. As a result, my delivery date has been pushed back from 5/27 to 5/31. Boohoo!

djdedd

quality posts: 3 Private Messages djdedd

Awesome bag!

1 Pet Zoom set - almost bought these in previous Woot!

1 Flying Batman - perfect for junior!

1 Walkie talkie set - ours eat batteries and these say long battery life!

1 Laptop cooler pad (pink!) - wife can use!

1 Strawberry bag - wife can use this too!

Thanks Woot!!!

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/n1-c4NwdaGbiwVztmIRl6dG-iS8bKUWoLLLf9IZ0yog

nekohunter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nekohunter

Received my Big o' Cosmos today. It contained the standard-issue crap including:
Bags of Texas air
Batman helicopter
Laptop cooler
Petzoom brushes
Strawberry bag

And for the random item:
1 Tie-dye blue Snuggie and clip-on book light, just like in the infomercial!

cdebish

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cdebish

Is the the dock for a Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3D Electric razor (1280XCC) If so do you want to work out a trade. I think I received the the other half.

jasonwatkins wrote:I got:
Knight Flight Batman (have no use for this but Batman is cool)
Heatshift Laptop Cooler (using it right now, great now that hot temperatures are here)
3 Pet Zoom brushes (I have 3 dogs!)
Strawberry Bag (holds all the extra make up that came in the box)
A 6th gen 8G Ipod Nano! (heck ya)
a cable for a sansa player (I already have one)
and a dock for maybe a electric shaver?

Some say I'm lucky, Others say it's skill. All I know is my 1st grade teacher would be proud!
My Craptastic Success - 24 and counting
4/1/13 5/22/12 4/25/12 3/22/12 12/25/11 12/6/11 7/12/11 5/11/11 3/9/11 3/26/10 12/25/09 4/1/09 12/25/08 10/23/08 7/12/08 6/20/08 4/1/08 12/25/07 10/25/07 3/23/07 1/31/07 12/25/06 11/17/06 11/17/06

spleen1606

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spleen1606

1 - Strawberry Compact Shopping Bag
1 - Pink Heatshift Laptop cooler
1 - Knight Flight Batman Infrared R/C Helicopter
1 - 3 Pack Pet Zoom brushes
1 - 3D Tinkerbell Fleece blanket with 3D glasses

stupido

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stupido

As Stumpy91 tells, there is a design defect in Batman to keep the batteries from making contact. If you don't have an exacto knife handy and want to play with a temporary solution, put a bit of aluminum foil between the AA battery + terminal and the contact on the remote.

denverbw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages denverbw

Pretty envious of those wooters who got the portable hard drives, scanners, and even the screwdriver sets... I got the following standard items:
1 - Knight Flight Batman

and 4 pieces of random makeup (blush, concealer, age defying something or another (that my wife claims she will never use, and I'm pretty sure she will look down on me if I try...)

No Texas air, not a usb nada, not a single diode or transistor or led in sight...

All in all, a middle of the road baggie, not my worst, but certainly not my best!

Big Orphaned Cetacea 5/11/11 TrueFire Gourmet Cedar Grilling Plank 9/14/10 Random Crap 8/20/10 Random Crap 5/26/10 ATI TV Wonder USB Digital HDTV Tuner 11/4/09 Random Crap 9/25/09 Polaroid i1035 10MP Digital Camera 2/27/09 Mad Catz iPod Power Pro Charger/Data Cable Kit 2/19/09 Sandisk Sansa e260 4GB Media Player

ytsemaddy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ytsemaddy

My Blue Oscillating Crystal arrived today (predicted arrival the 26th). It's about 10% less crappy than I had hoped, but not a bad haul:

1 - Batman
1 - Strawberry Bag
1 - Primula flowering tea (earl gray)
1 - Kayak gloves, size small
1 - Laptop turntable thing
0 - bags of Texas air

To be honest, I was hoping to get the petzoom brushes (have two furry cats and one furry husband) and the laptop cooling pad (old laptop gets Easy-bake oven temps), but I suspect the nephew will love Batman, and the Strawberry bag will come in extra handy. Ironically, I own a teapot for flowering teas, but I abhor earl grey. It may end up being Freecycled.

Obligatory photo:

Bag o Crap by ytsemaddy, on Flickr

wilcononomous

quality posts: 20 Private Messages wilcononomous

so my Big Orphaned Cetacea was returned to sender saying it was an invalid address. Dunno why, I've had plenty of stuff shipped here from woot before. I've contacted woot services, giving an alternate address if that would help. anyone know what I should expect?
I really want my 7.5 lbs of carp!

LayneRobinson

quality posts: 8 Private Messages LayneRobinson

Anyone have any insight into fixing this Batman problem?

Batteries perform great (charging and all).
However, he spins a lot and I've trimmed as much as I can.....I think he's out of balance, but I can't figure out where.
Also, he has a tendancy to fall over backwards mid "flight" (probably still a balance issue). I by flight I mean he'll get a few inches off the ground and then turn over in such a way that the top propellers hit the ground and he'll start bouncing.

His first flight was going good until I screwed up and he wrecked. So I thought it was just something that was bent....but more and more, I'm thinking he's out of balance. But I don't see any broken parts....he looks intact.

Holy Crap! I got a letter! http://www.twitpic.com/1edbfv
It turned out to be car wax http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89F-TOVQtrI

CapnJB

quality posts: 15 Private Messages CapnJB
barnabee wrote:Speaking on behalf of the Society for the Prevention of Abuse of Rocks (SPAR), maybe I can help you out with your batman problem.

Would you please private message me, Capn?

Heh, while I appreciate the offer, we're doing ok with no batman.

The kids toolkit that we got has been so great... we spent most of the afternoon with my daughter comparing her play tools to those in my workshop, building lego castles and using the square and level to make sure every thing was lined up properly. Using her drill to 'fix' all the loose parts of the Dora house. My three year old now knows the difference between channel locks and pipe wrench

Our routine normally includes a cartoon before dinner and one before story time before going to bed. My daughter had zero TV today and she didn't mind one bit (although we did sneak in a little Angry Birds). And for that... best $8 ever.

Thanks Woot.

gargreguan

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gargreguan

Got mine today!

1 - Knight Flight Batman
1 - HeatShift Laptop Cooler (screen size 17)
1 - Franklin Covey compact leather binder

A pretty good haul. Much better than my 10/21/11 Big o' Cosmos.

The obligatory photo:

missellienc

quality posts: 15 Private Messages missellienc

Received my 4.8 lbs. of crap a day later than expected.

1 - Batman Knight Flight Helicopter
1 - Box of PetZoom Brushes
1 - Laptop Cooler Mat

No bag, no air. Did my last item (the letter) fall out on the way to NC? :-)

Thanks Woot, I'll try again next time!

duodec

quality posts: 14 Private Messages duodec
wilcononomous wrote:so my Big Orphaned Cetacea was returned to sender saying it was an invalid address. Dunno why, I've had plenty of stuff shipped here from woot before. I've contacted woot services, giving an alternate address if that would help. anyone know what I should expect?
I really want my 7.5 lbs of carp!

Same crap, just late ;)

Look upon my Avatar, ye whiny, and despair!

barnabee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barnabee
missellienc wrote:Received my 4.8 lbs. of crap a day later than expected.

1 - Batman Knight Flight Helicopter
1 - Box of PetZoom Brushes
1 - Laptop Cooler Mat

No bag, no air. Did my last item (the letter) fall out on the way to NC? :-)

Thanks Woot, I'll try again next time!

Woot owes you a bag.

sportster25

quality posts: 10 Private Messages sportster25

Received my beloved 7.3 lb Big o' Cosmos today!

The contents:
1 x Kinght Flight Batman
1 x Strawberry bag
1 x PetZoom brushes (set of 3)
1 x Heatshift laptop cooling pad

1 x Blanket with sleeves
1 x Reading light (came in Snuggie bag)
1 x Crow watch with black band

And... 1 x ziplock bag with Plantronics bluetooth and charger (charges and turns on!)

Great pull and great fun! Thanks Woot!

kerrycindy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kerrycindy
stupido wrote:As Stumpy91 tells, there is a design defect in Batman to keep the batteries from making contact. If you don't have an exacto knife handy and want to play with a temporary solution, put a bit of aluminum foil between the AA battery + terminal and the contact on the remote.

Smart people on here. That would work. And you don't even have a quality post? Hey! Wootgods! Quality post time!

kerrycindy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kerrycindy
LayneRobinson wrote:Anyone have any insight into fixing this Batman problem?

Batteries perform great (charging and all).
However, he spins a lot and I've trimmed as much as I can.....I think he's out of balance, but I can't figure out where.
Also, he has a tendancy to fall over backwards mid "flight" (probably still a balance issue). I by flight I mean he'll get a few inches off the ground and then turn over in such a way that the top propellers hit the ground and he'll start bouncing.

His first flight was going good until I screwed up and he wrecked. So I thought it was just something that was bent....but more and more, I'm thinking he's out of balance. But I don't see any broken parts....he looks intact.

Sounds like he fell off the wagon again. That is what happens when Robin is not around. Yep, that's right. Robin always kept the booze hidden. Dang it!

gvencelov

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gvencelov
FoolScott wrote:
Anyone know where I could pick up a charger for this bad boy?

not sure if you can find it cheaper anywhere else, but here it (maybe? hopefully? almost??) is on the manufacturer's site. It should at least be a starting point to find somewhere else if available.

also here's the page for the scooter itself (if it was the right one) which has a link to other parts should you need them)

gargreguan

dirtywop wrote:This may be an ignorant question but why do people keep mentioning the bag of texas air? whats so good about it?

It's Texas-tastic!

patty1955

quality posts: 2 Private Messages patty1955

Got the usual

1 Strawberry reusable bag
1 Knight Flight Batman
1 Laptop cooler
1 Pet Zoom set with 3 brushes

plus a pair of refurbished gaming headset.

Thanks woot!
Unfortunately, it was overshadowed by my other package, my Asus Transformer Tablet.

I love new toys!!

jrsquonk

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jrsquonk
gargreguan wrote:It's Texas-tastic!

...and of course Texas is the home of the greatest university in the world...Texas A&M! Not that I'm biased or anything!

troller11

quality posts: 7 Private Messages troller11
gargreguan wrote:It's Texas-tastic!

The Texas air smells like intestine digested award winning Texas chili. Glad I didn't get any this time, either!

Barrys1214

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barrys1214

Can someone tell me what this "letter" is that people post about? I can't find the original post.
Thanks.
p.s. mine is 5.1 lbs and in transit

TrifeVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TrifeVT

Mine was 6.4 pounds:

Got
- strawberry bag
- a flying batman
- silver laptop cooling doodad
- 3 piece set of dog brushes

i guess my special item would be

a re-certified linksys 4 port wired router

totally worth the $8 just in the anticipation alone - plus i got some pretty cool stuff!

thanks woot!!!

-Trife
GO HOKIES!

gargreguan

troller11 wrote:The Texas air smells like intestine digested award winning Texas chili.

Woot poots?