jjiinx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjiinx

Well... Mine finally arrived after being Out for Delivery since Saturday... Was delivered Monday @ 10:44am.
Weight and dimensions as stated by Fedex 5.6# 23.5 x 12.7 x 12.4
The Standard:
1 - Remote Control Batman Helicopter
1 - Strawberry Shopping Bag
1 - Heatshift Laptop Cooling Pad EDIT: Silver 17"
1 - Pet Zoom Brushes
The Not-so-standard:
1 - Microsoft LifeCam
~~Jinx

EDIT: Oh, and my roommate scored as-well... Fedex lists his as 4.1# 18.2 in. x 12.7 in. x 12.6 in. USPS listed it as:
Out for Delivery, May 24, 2011, 9:58 am, AUGUSTA, GA 30906
Delivery status not updated as of May 24, 2011, 11:58 pm

jjiinx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjiinx
Barrys1214 wrote:Can someone tell me what this "letter" is that people post about? I can't find the original post.
Thanks.
p.s. mine is 5.1 lbs and in transit

The 'Letter' is a note/letter in a Big o' Cosmos that states that your Final item wouldn't fit in your box and will be arriving separately... This Final 'item' for people has been anything from a Big Screen TV to a Pallet of Coffee makers to a pallet of Action Figures to a pallet of Car Wax to a pallet of many random things.... YMMV
~~Jinx

FrostByte

quality posts: 14 Private Messages FrostByte
jjiinx wrote:Well... Mine finally arrived after being Out for Delivery since Saturday... Was delivered Monday @ 10:44am.
Weight and dimensions as stated by Fedex 5.6# 23.5 x 12.7 x 12.4
The Standard:
1 - Heatshift Laptop Cooling Pad EDIT: Silver 17"
1 - Pet Zoom Brushes
The Not-so-standard:
1 - Microsoft LifeCam
~~Jinx

EDIT: Oh, and my roommate scored as-well... Fedex lists his as 4.1# 18.2 in. x 12.7 in. x 12.6 in. USPS listed it as:
Out for Delivery, May 24, 2011, 9:58 am, AUGUSTA, GA 30906
Delivery status not updated as of May 24, 2011, 11:58 pm

That's a pretty cool unique item. Also, looks like it might be time to update your signature

Woody1150

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Woody1150

9.7lbs arrived yesterday.

Standard:

1 - Laptop cooler (pink)
The wife will probably use when she uses my laptop... pink isn't really me.

1 - strawberry bag
When I tried explaining to the wife about this item before it arrived, she didn't get it. Once she saw it she thought it was "cute".

1 - set of 3 pet brushes
I tried to use them on my dog, unfortunately, his hair is so short it didn't pick up anything. Will probably give to a relative with dogs that have more hair than mine.

1 - Batman copter
I managed not to destroy him on his maiden voyage. Actually has been on several flights, including one buzzing the dog.

Non-standard:

1 - iPod speaker dock (I forgot the brand and don't have a picture) It had all the parts and packaging and powered on, but no iPod for me so I don't know for sure if it works. Oddly enough, it had a Meijer receipt stuck to it stating it was an e-return, in which someone was credited $36 back. It was also returned to Holland, MI which is about 2 hrs away from where I live. So I'm wondering, did the iPod dock go from MI to TX just to end up back in MI again?

onegr8mick

quality posts: 2 Private Messages onegr8mick
Woody1150 wrote:9.7lbs arrived yesterday.

Standard:

1 - Laptop cooler (pink)

1 - strawberry bag
When I tried explaining to the wife about this item before it arrived, she didn't get it. Once she saw it she thought it was "cute".

1 - set of 3 pet brushes
I tried to use them on my dog, unfortunately, his hair is so short it didn't pick up anything. Will probably give to a relative with dogs that have more hair than mine.

1 - Batman copter
I managed not to destroy him on his maiden voyage. Actually has been on several flights, including one buzzing the dog.

Non-standard:

1 - iPod speaker dock (I forgot the brand and don't have a picture) It had all the parts and packaging and powered on, but no iPod for me so I don't know for sure if it works. Oddly enough, it had a Meijer receipt stuck to it stating it was an e-return, in which someone was credited $36 back. It was also returned to Holland, MI which is about 2 hrs away from where I live. So I'm wondering, did the iPod dock go from MI to TX just to end up back in MI again?

Whoo hoo that must mean that my Big o' Cosmos is getting close. Battle Creek MI here. Heres hoping for the best.

highwyre237

quality posts: 6 Private Messages highwyre237

Got mine last night

1 - Very busted up dented box looked like they delivered it, then decided to stomp on it a few times because they realized they needed to carry it up 3 flights to get to our apartment...

1 - Batman Copter (shaved the battery holders down, and works like a charm, got to chase my cat around, and freak out the dog)
Price - $28 amazon

1- HeatShift Laptop Cooler (we dont currently have a laptop we use often, so this may end up being a gift. we'll see)
Price - $13.50 amazon

3 pack- Pet Brushes(not only did I get to chase out himalayan around, I also got to torture him with these brushes.... Our Cairn terrier just enjoyed the attention with the brushes ... not as fulfilling for me)
Price - $14.50 amazon

1- Strawberry bag, the cat figures this was a toy for him, I decided this was a carrying case for him... the bag now has a hole, but still works as a strawberry...
Price - $2.99ebay

1- SKIL - 59-Piece Stubby T-Driver Setbetter then those 3 dollar skill tool sets I got a month ago from woot (worked well for opening up batman)
Price - $20 Best Buy

Total Value - $79

FrostByte

Woody1150 wrote:
1 - Laptop cooler (pink)

I think pink could be your color.

Woody1150

FrostByte wrote:I think pink could be your color.

I'm dead sexy!

zzzzz78759

quality posts: 9 Private Messages zzzzz78759
figment5000 wrote:Same thing happened to mine. I managed to break it on the 1st flight.

Same thing here but...there were two replacements in the box so we're back up and flying

**Edit** Sorry, I was mistaken. My rear rotor broke, not the same one you showed.

zzzzz78759

quality posts: 9 Private Messages zzzzz78759
LayneRobinson wrote:Anyone have any insight into fixing this Batman problem?

Batteries perform great (charging and all).
However, he spins a lot and I've trimmed as much as I can.....I think he's out of balance, but I can't figure out where.
Also, he has a tendancy to fall over backwards mid "flight" (probably still a balance issue). I by flight I mean he'll get a few inches off the ground and then turn over in such a way that the top propellers hit the ground and he'll start bouncing.

His first flight was going good until I screwed up and he wrecked. So I thought it was just something that was bent....but more and more, I'm thinking he's out of balance. But I don't see any broken parts....he looks intact.

Couple of things to check.

1. That rear rotor (the little one). Mine broke off a blade when Batman (who doesn't fly, BTW) crashed. There was a small plastic bag included in the box with two extra small propellers. They probably sent those because they break every time you crash.

2. The two top rotors are connected. After a crash, these can disconnect from each other. There was a small paper in the box that explained how to use the enclosed tool (also in that little plastic bag) to re-align them.

lordbubba

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lordbubba

After reading this forum for a few days, I was pretty excited to get home yesterday and see what awaited me in my first-ever Big o' Cosmos...

I had almost ordered the knight-flight batman a couple weeks ago, as a kitty toy. And I need some new pet brushes - so I was feeling pretty good...

Box was a little small (approx 9"x11"x6"?), but I was still hopeful...

I got:

1 box ShamWow (sham-what?)
1 dollar store mini camera tripod (too small and flimsy for my camera)
1 set speaker mounts (too bad all my speakers are already mounted)
1 small black/white polka dot bag

and ...

that was it.

No batman, no pet brushes, no laptop cooler, no kayak gloves, no Texas air - and no "unique item(s)"...

Oh well. {sigh}

FrostByte

Woody1150 wrote:I'm dead sexy!

If that was you... remember it's just your avatar!

FrostByte

lordbubba wrote:After reading this forum for a few days, I was pretty excited to get home yesterday and see what awaited me in my first-ever Big o' Cosmos...

I had almost ordered the knight-flight batman a couple weeks ago, as a kitty toy. And I need some new pet brushes - so I was feeling pretty good...

Box was a little small (approx 9"x11"x6"?), but I was still hopeful...

I got:

1 box ShamWow (sham-what?)
1 dollar store mini camera tripod (too small and flimsy for my camera)
1 set speaker mounts (too bad all my speakers are already mounted)
1 small black/white polka dot bag

and ...

that was it.

No batman, no pet brushes, no laptop cooler, no kayak gloves, no Texas air - and no "unique item(s)"...

Oh well. {sigh}

And that is why I stop looking at the forum once the first results start to come in. Besides appreciating the surprise, there's far less let down when you don't know what anyone else is getting.

Better luck next time.

cdrobinson55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdrobinson55

Got my 8.4 lbs of Carp yesterday, Thanks Woot!

1 - Knight Flight Batman
1 - Heatshift Laptop Cooler - Pink
1 - Set of 3 Pet Zoom brushes
1 - Strawberry Bag
1 - Topsy Turvy Strawberry grower thingy
1 - As seen on TV Dreamie Beach Blanket

All together not a bad haul. Thanks again!

laurag56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laurag56
Phil254 wrote:It was especially good for me. I have boxes and boxes of National Geographics going back to 1958. Now I can get rid of most of them and still have access to the articles, pictures and maps.

All in all, this was a very nice Big o' Cosmos.

We have been thinking of buying this for my husband for the very reason you have....would definitely lighten the bookshelves....congrats!

Laura T. Garmendia

razzlefndazzle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages razzlefndazzle

Standard Items:
1 - Knight Flight Batman - The Brave and Bold
1 - Heatshift Laptop Cooler - Silver
1 - Set of 3 Pet Zoom brushes
1 - Strawberry Bag

Not Standard:
A box for 2 smoke detectors with only one detector in it and a note saying the detector doesn't work and batteries aren't included.

Woody1150

Has anyone saw a follow up post from the person "claiming" they have a 45lb Big o' Cosmos coming?

wareagle007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wareagle007
Woody1150 wrote:Has anyone saw a follow up post from the person "claiming" they have a 45lb Big o' Cosmos coming?

Yes that was a couple pages back (33?). They got a battery operated scooter, sans charger.

smithsdawg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages smithsdawg

2.8 lbs of:

Sham 'just say' Wows
XL Gloves
5 Speaker Mounts
Strawberry Bag

and

Aluminum Water Bottle

No give aways in this bunch. I can use em all.

jrsquonk

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jrsquonk

I wonder if one of the letter recipients this time around is going to get a pallet of those Batman thingies. Seems like Woot! has cornered the market on those.

EdenMaster

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EdenMaster

So hey guys.

I got

2 Intec Wii-Remote Nunchuk things
1 Book: Leaping Lanny - Wrestling with Rhyme by Lanny Poffo
1 8x10 glossy of San Antonio Spur David Robinson...with this on the back. So I guess:
1 Letter.

The Haul
The Letter

I live in a three-room apartment, Woot, no pallets of car wax please! :D

damonaf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages damonaf
EdenMaster wrote:So hey guys.

I got

1 8x10 glossy of San Antonio Spur David Robinson...with this on the back. So I guess:
1 Letter.

The Haul
The Letter

CONGRATS on the letter!!!

I got....

8x Bags of EP-Flex Renew inflatable packaging
1x Superfly mini monkey
2x Packs of Colgate Wisps
1x Strawberry bag
1x 5 speaker mounting kit

Thanks WOOT!!

stephensonl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stephensonl

Got my 7.2lb Big o' Cosmos yesterday

Batman
Heat Sink
Pet Groomer
Strawberry
Iriscan 2 portable scanner..!

cslcpunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cslcpunk

Nevermind

EdenMaster

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EdenMaster
cslcpunk wrote:Man, first woot purchase and you score a letter. Congrats!!

First purchase? Oh goodness no. This is my 16th Woot and 3rd Big Orphaned Cetacea

osueng02

quality posts: 1 Private Messages osueng02

Got my 1st Big o' Cosmos today. Like many others, my box was almost falling apart when I got it. The bottom wasn't even taped and was closed by putting flaps over each other. The postal carrier was laughing when she gave it to me, because it was practically falling apart as she handed it to me.

Reported to be 5.6 lbs

I got the standard:
1 - Heatshift Laptop Cooling Pad Pink 15"

Other stuff:
1 - Tin of Earl Grey blooming tea.
1 - A geography quiz game that comes with a mini globe.
10+ - Texas Air (aka dunnage)

I think that if I didn't have the Texas Air in the bottom, all of the items would have fallen out.

You know, if you guys need a Logistics Engineer to redesign your Warehouse QA process, let me know.

cslcpunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cslcpunk
EdenMaster wrote:First purchase? Oh goodness no. This is my 16th Woot and 3rd Big Orphaned Cetacea

sorry was looking at the reply post below by damon

renatuslives

quality posts: 13 Private Messages renatuslives

8.1 lbs arrived today:

gwenivere73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwenivere73

Ok, so 1 letter has been received. Mine arrived in the mail just a little while ago, and will be opened this afternoon. It's somewhat light (5.3 lb) so here's hoping I got a letter!

pricciar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pricciar

Got mine today:

1 strawberry bag
2 colgate wisps
1 Livestrong mug
2 soundshare ipod earphone splitters
1 Audio Basics Series 5 piece mounting kit

Fun! I hope I can get another one. The anticipation is as good as the items got.

WestCoastWooters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WestCoastWooters

Well, FedEx shows that my box was delivered today. I still have not been able to log into myFedex so I have no dimensions, no weight other than the 1 lb placeholder. Maybe it isn't a placeholder? Could my box really be 1 lb? We shall see....more details to follow after I get home tonight.

FrostByte

I got

1 Letter.

The Haul
The Letter

Excited to hear what you get in the separate shipment.

Maybe they are shipping you David Robinson to hang out with for a day.

PattonBeowulf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PattonBeowulf

well got my Big o' Cosmos today.

1x batman helo fun but eh
1x pink laptop cooler blah
1x strawberry bag crap
1x pet grooming kit thing

and a disney princess washable coloring book........

mk70

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mk70

1) Heatshift Laptop cooler 17" $25.46 Amazon
2) Pet Zoom Brush Set 3 pack. $14.49 Amazon
3) Ban Dai R/C Batman $28.21 Amazon
4) Strawberry Tote (Brown) $6.99 Amazon
5) Table Top Tri Pod $2.50 Buy
6) Crow Watch (Brown) $49.99 Amazon
7) Plantronics 220 Bluetooth $14.11
8) And another Plantronics 220 Bluetooth $14.11

$155+

kerrycindy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kerrycindy

I got

1 Letter.

The Haul
The Letter

Don't know if you realize it, but Lanny Poffo is Randy "Macho Man" Savage's brother. RIP Mach Man!

brimoody11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brimoody11

Aww, Big o' Cosmos got delayed and wasn't delivered on my birthday...
Big o' Cosmos contained:
the usual (and it is more fun if you don't look to see what other people got till after you get your package)
1 - Laptop Cooling Pad
1 - Pet Zoom Brushes

and an
Eco canteen and Revolution in World Missions book (which is a free book from a missionary organization... isn't that tacky to re purpose?)

Thanks woot...

cowgod2007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cowgod2007

Standard:
strawberry bag
batman helicopter
heatshift (pink) laptop cooler
3 pet brushes

Unique:
Vtouch pro mp3 touchscreen player.

Pretty happy! this is my first woot ever!

btw, if anyone wants to trade heatshift laptop coolers (i dont want pink, would gladly take any other color haha), just shoot me a message. I will also include the 3 pet brushes seeing as I don't have any pets and don't know of anyone who needs them...

Happy wooting!

EDIT: my unboxing video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSdYmjdTacM

Woody1150

I got

1 Letter.

The Haul
The Letter

You forgot to list:
1 - kick-ass paper bag with "?"

highwyre237

quality posts: 6 Private Messages highwyre237

I got

1 Letter.

The Haul
The Letter

I always wondered if Woot didnt put letters in boxes going to an address with an apartment number on it. Glad to hear I'll still be in the running for one in the future

ace666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ace666

Hey,

Mine was 8.8 lbs and arrived in Madison a few minutes ago.

The Standard:
1 - Heatshift Laptop Cooling Pad PINK
1 - Pet Zoom Brushes
The Not-so-standard:
1 - Frame Wizard 8" Digital Picture Frame

Thanks Woot!