quality posts: 0 Private Messages nydoofus

Got mine just now. Got NONE of the standard items

2x Small Tote Bags
2x Desktop Camera Tripods
1x 5 Speaker mounting kit
1x Shamwow Box with 4 Large Shamwow Towels and 4 small Shamwow Towels

bennybenz

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bennybenz

There's no such thing as a "bad" Big o' Cosmos. I love that first moment when you open it to discover all the crap inside!

5.8 lbs, delivered today:

Ordinary:
1 - Knight Flight Batman
1 - Silver Heatshift Laptop Cooler
1 - Strawberry tote bag
3 - Petzoom Pet Brushes

Not so ordinary:
1 - Plastic bag of female gender symbol charms (♀) with a scrap of paper inside:

Love you Woot!

jyourman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jyourman

What has been the recent average for 'letters' recently. I know going back to the earlier Big o' Cosmos's it was usually 3..

Seeing that mine is a 4 lber I am guessing no Batman which sucks, so here's hoping for the letter....

jbuxxy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbuxxy

Just got my 4.8 lb. 24"x12"x12" Big o' Cosmos:

1 x Knight Flight Batman
1 x Strawberry Shopping Tote
1 x 15" Laptop Cooler (white)
3 x PetZoom brushes

So nothing unique, but everthing in good shape and working order.

Thanks, Woot!

bork76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bork76

Just got my 3.1 pounder in. Nothing like heading home for lunch to find the goods.

1- 5 Speaker Mounting Kit
1- Livestrong Mug
1- Strawberry Shopping Tote
3- Sound Share Headphone Splitters for Ipod
2- Colgate Wisp Peppermint 8 Packs
7- Bags of Texas Air

All in all not bad for my third Bandoleer.

andrewkl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages andrewkl

Got mine today. It started as a 1pound place holder, went to 3.8, then 3.9, and was delivered at 3.15.

The usual fare:

1 x strawberry bag
1 x 5 speaker mounting kit
1 x KCR Kayaking gloves (size XL)

and the semi usual fare:

1 x box of 8 Sham-Wow towels

And the first I have seen this:

1 x Creative Sprotsman Package - photos on the box of Field & Stream & Outdoor Life Magazines, inside it has a rechargeable battery, 2 silicon skins, power adapter and DC to USB converter cable... Problem is, it doesn't tell me what Creative product it goes with.

So, I didn't get the crap I wanted, but I want the crap I got.

Thanks woot!

Just really damn lucky: Random Crap: 2/15/08, 2/19/09, 12/25/09, 4/1/10, 12/1/10, 12/25/10, 4/1/11, 5/11/11, 9/14/11, 10/12/11, 12/25/11

pricciar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pricciar
bork76 wrote:Just got my 3.1 pounder in. Nothing like heading home for lunch to find the goods.

1- 5 Speaker Mounting Kit
1- Livestrong Mug
1- Strawberry Shopping Tote
3- Sound Share Headphone Splitters for Ipod
2- Colgate Wisp Peppermint 8 Packs
7- Bags of Texas Air

All in all not bad for my third Bandoleer.

Haha! Aside from the extra Sound Share that is exactly the same list as what I got. Right down to the 3.1 lbs! Neat! Twins!

PFFlyers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PFFlyers

Reported 6.4 lb, 24.6 x 12.8 x 12.6
Actual 6.7 lb

Fantastic first Big o' Cosmos!

1. Knight Flight Batman
2. Pink, 17" laptop cooler
3. Pet Zoom Brushes 3 pack
4. Tabletop tripod
5. Strawberry bag
6. Cyber Power AC mobile power adapter
7. 16 Texas airs

Thanks, WOOT!

Grizphan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Grizphan

1 - Knight Flight Batman
1 - Pink Heatshift Laptop Cooler
1 - Strawberry tote bag
3 - Petzoom Pet Brushes
1 - Venus Fly Trap exotic jungle. Watch your very own Venus Flytrap grow from a harmless seed into an alien plant that eats living insects. I can hardly wait.

EdenMaster

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EdenMaster
kerrycindy wrote:Don't know if you realize it, but Lanny Poffo is Randy "Macho Man" Savage's brother. RIP Mach Man!

I am, and it wasn't till after I posted that I realized the book is signed by Lanny too

blaisedaddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blaisedaddy

OK just got home and on my door step was a box
no WOOT! markings like past boxes but inside was

1 - Knight Flight Batman
1 - silver Heatshift Laptop Cooler
1 - Strawberry tote bag
3 - Petzoom Pet Brushes
1 - Etherfast Cable / Dsl Router (Refurb)

Happy with the crap I got.

In my latest Big o' Cosmos
John

oh and zero bags of air

ericslaw

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ericslaw

Big o' Cosmos arrived. 5.3 lbs.

Knight Flight Batman helicopter
pet brush 3pack
strawberry bag
HDMI cable
leaking laptop cooling pad (yes it was wet)

no bags of texas or amazon air.

MichaelWB

quality posts: 6 Private Messages MichaelWB

The Standard:
1 - Remote Control Batman Helicopter
1 - Strawberry Shopping Bag
1 - Heatshift Laptop Cooling Pad Gray 17"
1 - 3x Set of Pet Zoom Brushes
The Not-so-standard:
1 - Primula 32oz Teapot w/OUT Filter Spout and w/OUT Lid
Thanks Woot!

Loving the Cooling Pad..fits perfect to my 17" laptop.

Not bad for my first Big o' Cosmos

bork76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bork76
andrewkl wrote:Got mine today. It started as a 1pound place holder, went to 3.8, then 3.9, and was delivered at 3.15.

The usual fare:

1 x strawberry bag
1 x 5 speaker mounting kit
1 x KCR Kayaking gloves (size XL)

and the semi usual fare:

1 x box of 8 Sham-Wow towels

And the first I have seen this:

1 x Creative Sprotsman Package - photos on the box of Field & Stream & Outdoor Life Magazines, inside it has a rechargeable battery, 2 silicon skins, power adapter and DC to USB converter cable... Problem is, it doesn't tell me what Creative product it goes with.

So, I didn't get the crap I wanted, but I want the crap I got.

Thanks woot!

After some looking is this the kit you think you got? See link. It was the best thing I could find trying to match what you described.

http://duc6.com/?p=3030

brickfrenzy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages brickfrenzy

My goodie box:

The Standard:
1 - Remote Control Batman Helicopter (awesome, my uncle bought my kids one and the broke it. So now they can break another!)
1 - Heatshift Laptop Cooling Pad Gray 17"

The Not-so-standard:
1 - set of Sansa earbuds to a cheapie MP3 player. No player though
1 - Skil multitool with 50-ish piece socket/screwdriver bit set. AWESOME! I love these things

Thanks woot! It's a splendid haul!

mtarget

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mtarget

Crap is in:

The Standard:
1 - Remote Control Batman Helicopter
1 - Heatshift Laptop Cooling Pad

Non Standard:
USB Think Light, Lights up as you type.
And a set of Leak Frogs. How appropriate the way its been raining here

Thanks Woot !!!

cottin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cottin

1x Heatshift Laptop Cooler
1x Knight Flight Batman
1x Strwaberry tote
1x GloMate Jr (play light, night lite, travel light)
1x 6' Swivel hdmi cable
3x Petzoom brushes
2x Leak Frogs
1x WOOT Calendar
1x Delphi Roady XT, XM Satellite Receiver (loose and no cables but appears new, protetive film still on streen)

CaityBates

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CaityBates

My haul...

Knight Flight Batman Helicopter (gift to dad)
Zoom Pet Brush 3pack (excited for this)
Strawberry Tote Bag
HDMI Cable (SO excited to get this)
Laptop Cooling Pad (excited for this)

THANKS WOOT!!! You're the best!

kristinae92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kristinae92

Came home from work to find my Big o' Cosmos waiting for me!! My 7.4 pounder included:

1 Knight Flight Batman
1 Laptop cooling pad
1 3-pack of petzoom brushes
1 strawberry expandable tote
and..

1 Franklin Planner set

Pretty good haul for my first Big o' Cosmos!
Thanks woot!

FrostByte

quality posts: 11 Private Messages FrostByte
kristinae92 wrote:
1 Franklin Planner set

Pretty good haul for my first Big o' Cosmos!
Thanks woot!

I think I saw someone earlier that got a planner case with no inserts... maybe you got their innards.

Charter Member (0002314) - Friend of the Official Crappraiser Get your Official Crappraisal today.

woot 56 wine 5 shirt 35 sellout 12 kids 27 hh 2 moofi 3 home 7 sport 6
electronics 3 pop 4 tools 2 a&w 4 computers 0 total 166

jigga711

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jigga711

Bag Contents:

• Knight Flying Batman
  • Pet Zoom Brushes
  • Laptop Cooling Pad (Grey)
  • Colgate Wisp brushes
  • Strawberry baggie
  • Leather Isotoner Gloves (Size L)

Here is a video of Batman's maiden voyage around my living room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogfu9lYQzAA

andrewkl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages andrewkl
bork76 wrote:After some looking is this the kit you think you got? See link. It was the best thing I could find trying to match what you described.

http://duc6.com/?p=3030

Yup.. That's the one. $50 on Amazon, eh?

Thanks for doing the leg work.. I gave a Sirius GPP effort at trying to identify it.

Just really damn lucky: Random Crap: 2/15/08, 2/19/09, 12/25/09, 4/1/10, 12/1/10, 12/25/10, 4/1/11, 5/11/11, 9/14/11, 10/12/11, 12/25/11

darkelfz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages darkelfz

Got my haul in

1x Flying batman
1X Set of pet brushes
1X strawberry bag
1x Linksys DSL router (I have FIos)
1x Pink Cooling gel-pad

Thanks Woot!!!!

chris678

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chris678

Mine was out for delivery today but of course it wasn't left at my door and now I need to pick it up at the post office. Not looking forward to that.

hagbard78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hagbard78

Mine finally arrived.
Never did get a weight update, just said 1 lb the whole time and that's almost what it felt like.

3x tabletop tripods
2x Large ShamWow! pads
1x 5 speaker mounting kit
1x polka dot bag

That's it, no batman or pet brushes which I was really looking forward to, oh well.

All in all, just about got my $8 worth.

Better luck next time. Thanks Woot!

shawjustin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shawjustin

Received my first Big o' Cosmos today:

1 Silver HeatShift ThermaPak
1 Strawberry shopping tote
1 pack Colgate Cinnamint Wisp's
3 pack petzoom brushes
1 Knight Flight Batman

All in 1 Big Ass Box, large enough for double what I got.

gwenivere73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwenivere73

Here's my haul:

1 x iXoft Laptop Cooling Pad
1 x Knight Flight Batman
1 x Expandable Strawberry Bag
1 x Primula Tea Flowering Teas
2 x Harbinger KCR gloves

1 x Harbinger KCR RIGHT glove... anyone have a left one and need to make a pair?

whiskeyguy

quality posts: 4 Private Messages whiskeyguy

Well, got my Big o' Cosmos today.

(1) Halo Sleepsack wearable blanket for a young girl
(1) Targus HeatDefense Laptop cooling pad
(1) ibiza Bluetooth stereo headset with mic (pretty cool) - open box so return probably
(1) July 1990 WWF magazine with Randy Savage on the cover

and...

A letter! Thanks woot, can't wait to see what I get!

carl669

quality posts: 27 Private Messages carl669

Standard items:
flying Batman
laptop cooler
strawberry bag
pet brushes

Non-standard items:
1 desiccant pack (desiccated)
1 1.2 million candlepower Humvee searchlight - it's solar rechargeable! (http://amzn.to/jeL47U)

thank you woot overlords for lighting up my life! get it? lighting up....

Wife: Do you really need all this junk?
Me: At least I don't ask you if it makes me look fat.
--------------------------------------

Maniacmous

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Maniacmous

Big Orphaned Cetacea - The Epic

It was May 11, 2011 - a day like most any other day. A Woot Off was in full glory, and I, intently watching it all day, as a lion stalking a pack of gazelles. The moment would arrive, as it always does, a split second opportunity for glory and sustenance, the chance to move in for the kill, to snag the treasured Big Orphaned Cetacea.

I left work that day, fully afraid that during my return travel home that my opportunity would pass by, like so many others before and so many to come. Arriving home, I bolted to the computer and found it shut down. My heart sank. I turned it on in urgency, knowing every second that passed pushed me further from my goal. Why is it taking so long?! Ah yes, Windows Vista – really must do something about that.

After an eternity of waiting, that silly green scrolling bar screaming how slow my computer has gotten, I finally boot into Windows and launch my browser. Woot is launched before my brain even realizes I have fingered the keys. I’m not too late! Or am I? I scramble to click the Community link, to see what has passed me by. Scrolling down, I have only missed a couple of items. Yes! My veins throb, the anticipation building as I watch, occasionally F5’ing to stay abreast of the situation. Two items pass, frantic refreshing leaves me questioning whether I’m going to callous my finger. A question for another day – one must maintain focus.

Finally, that fateful moment – the arrival of the Big Orphaned Cetacea (quite prized, as many of the recent have been Random Crap instead). I clicked the magical golden egg, declared that I did indeed want one, indeed, needed one. After an excruciating wait, I entered my information, confirmed, and was told I was in.

Now to wait. Tom Petty was right – the waiting really is the hardest part. I conferred with the other blessed recipients in the forums for a few days, until of course, the tracking information started to pour in. Those closest to Valhalla (or Woot HQ, as the case may be) would certainly receive theirs first, and I would hate for the surprise to be soiled. With that, I vowed to avoid the forums until such time as my own arrived.

Like some of the others, my tracking number arrived on May 19. I whisked the number into MyFedex, to learn of the impending package’s dimensions and weight – to no avail. The tracking information wasn’t yet working. No matter, not the first time the number didn’t work on the first day. Multiple times a day I would check again, the anticipation building like a fire within me each time. And each time, it was doused with a frosty rain in defeat. Many times into this week I pondered a return to the forums, to seek counsel with others whose packages may have been delayed or misplaced and celebrate with those who had received their bounty. “My vow, I must stay true,” I thought, though it pained me.

Today, May 25, 2011. After another day of hoping and repeatedly checking Fedex – still nothing. Had I been forgotten, forsaken by the Woot Gods?

I arrived home from work, downtrodden, desperate. My neighbor yelled from across the yard that I had something large blocking my front door, delivered today by FedEx. Could it be?! The tracking information never worked. Is it possible? I scrambled around the house, almost tripping over my own feet like a child just finding his balance. There, on my front porch sprawled a monstrous box. I checked its label. From Woot.com. It is possible! I brought it inside.

I began to unravel the puzzle – it was a custom box, of this I was sure – taped together seams, wrapped in plastic, truly a secure job. Carefully carving with a utility blade, I freed the top and the bottom. Carefully pulling at the flaps (lest something fall and break), I opened it. First came some 30 bags of Texas Air – cushy, sweet smelling guardian that it is. Protected by the guardians lay One Large Green-Caped Woot Screaming Monkey, One Strawberry Bag, One Harbinger Batting Glove (Right-Hand for the curious), and a Woot-Branded, Question-Mark-Emblazoned Paper Bag.

Hiding behind these treasures lay something curiously shaped. I removed it from the box and set it vertically.

It appeared to be of modern origin, though with its mummification within layers of plastic wrap, tape, and two layers of bubble wrap, an Egyptian time travelling mummy is not entirely out of the question. Slowly my wife and I peeled back the layers, ever delicate to preserve what lay within (though with weapons nearby should the mummy find itself hungry or angry after its journey). Making our way through the final layer, we found something amazing within:

A giant, free-standing Woot Flying Monkey (made of wood). Judging by the heavy scent of wood and paint, this creature must have been recently crafted. On the back was a tattoo on its left leg – in green stokes, 3B. Who is this “3B”? Is that the true name of the Woot Gods? Another great mystery to be solved in another epic tale.

Check back later for the hopeful conclusion to our tale – same Woot time, same Woot channel (but likely different thread).

To recap the contents:
30x Bags Texas Air
1x Large Green-Caped Woot Screaming Monkey
1x Harbinger Right-Handed Batting Glove
1x Woot Question Mark Paper Bag
1x Giant Woot Flying Monkey Photo Statue

Maniacmous

threepiecewoot wrote:I just watched the last BoC roll down the line and on to the truck.

Oh, and I wasn't the only one that saw it.

These guys watched it too.

As a side note to mine - if the three watched the last Big o' Cosmos roll onto the truck, and mine came in the Big o' Cosmos, was there a timing issue, or does my Giant Monkey have siblings out there somewhere?

trinx01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trinx01
Maniacmous wrote:Big Orphaned Cetacea - The Epic

A giant, free-standing Woot Flying Monkey (made of wood). Judging by the heavy scent of wood and paint, this creature must have been recently crafted. On the back was a tattoo on its left leg – in green stokes, 3B. Who is this “3B”? Is that the true name of the Woot Gods? Another great mystery to be solved in another epic tale.

Check back later for the hopeful conclusion to our tale – same Woot time, same Woot channel (but likely different thread).

To recap the contents:
30x Bags Texas Air

So jealous, I was hoping for a monkey Congrats!

And did you look inside the bag for a letter?

Woot loves me. It's true, they do: http://www.woot.com/blog/viewentry.aspx?id=6608

sammangler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sammangler

sitting on my porch today was a box for a first act electric drum set. after cutting the tape there was a complete drum set as advertized (previously wooted for $15). after adding the batteries it even worked!! great fun for my 6 year old. also in the box was stuffed a polka dot bag and a pair of the kayak gloves.
so, pretty good haul. but i have to wonder, do a pair of gloves count as 2 craps? if not i am 1 crap short.......

Maniacmous

trinx01 wrote:So jealous, I was hoping for a monkey Congrats!

And did you look inside the bag for a letter?

I did, and no letter that I could find.

maggie3052

quality posts: 3 Private Messages maggie3052
Maniacmous wrote:Big Orphaned Cetacea - The Epic

It was May 11, 2011 - a day like most any other day. A Woot Off was in full glory, and I, intently watching it all day, as a lion stalking a pack of gazelles. The moment would arrive, as it always does, a split second opportunity for glory and sustenance, the chance to move in for the kill, to snag the treasured Big Orphaned Cetacea.

I left work that day, fully afraid that during my return travel home that my opportunity would pass by, like so many others before and so many to come. Arriving home, I bolted to the computer and found it shut down. My heart sank. I turned it on in urgency, knowing every second that passed pushed me further from my goal. Why is it taking so long?! Ah yes, Windows Vista – really must do something about that.

After an eternity of waiting, that silly green scrolling bar screaming how slow my computer has gotten, I finally boot into Windows and launch my browser. Woot is launched before my brain even realizes I have fingered the keys. I’m not too late! Or am I? I scramble to click the Community link, to see what has passed me by. Scrolling down, I have only missed a couple of items. Yes! My veins throb, the anticipation building as I watch, occasionally F5’ing to stay abreast of the situation. Two items pass, frantic refreshing leaves me questioning whether I’m going to callous my finger. A question for another day – one must maintain focus.

Finally, that fateful moment – the arrival of the Big Orphaned Cetacea (quite prized, as many of the recent have been Random Crap instead). I clicked the magical golden egg, declared that I did indeed want one, indeed, needed one. After an excruciating wait, I entered my information, confirmed, and was told I was in.

Now to wait. Tom Petty was right – the waiting really is the hardest part. I conferred with the other blessed recipients in the forums for a few days, until of course, the tracking information started to pour in. Those closest to Valhalla (or Woot HQ, as the case may be) would certainly receive theirs first, and I would hate for the surprise to be soiled. With that, I vowed to avoid the forums until such time as my own arrived.

Like some of the others, my tracking number arrived on May 19. I whisked the number into MyFedex, to learn of the impending package’s dimensions and weight – to no avail. The tracking information wasn’t yet working. No matter, not the first time the number didn’t work on the first day. Multiple times a day I would check again, the anticipation building like a fire within me each time. And each time, it was doused with a frosty rain in defeat. Many times into this week I pondered a return to the forums, to seek counsel with others whose packages may have been delayed or misplaced and celebrate with those who had received their bounty. “My vow, I must stay true,” I thought, though it pained me.

Today, May 25, 2011. After another day of hoping and repeatedly checking Fedex – still nothing. Had I been forgotten, forsaken by the Woot Gods?

I arrived home from work, downtrodden, desperate. My neighbor yelled from across the yard that I had something large blocking my front door, delivered today by FedEx. Could it be?! The tracking information never worked. Is it possible? I scrambled around the house, almost tripping over my own feet like a child just finding his balance. There, on my front porch sprawled a monstrous box. I checked its label. From Woot.com. It is possible! I brought it inside.

I began to unravel the puzzle – it was a custom box, of this I was sure – taped together seams, wrapped in plastic, truly a secure job. Carefully carving with a utility blade, I freed the top and the bottom. Carefully pulling at the flaps (lest something fall and break), I opened it. First came some 30 bags of Texas Air – cushy, sweet smelling guardian that it is. Protected by the guardians lay One Large Green-Caped Woot Screaming Monkey, One Strawberry Bag, One Harbinger Batting Glove (Right-Hand for the curious), and a Woot-Branded, Question-Mark-Emblazoned Paper Bag.

Hiding behind these treasures lay something curiously shaped. I removed it from the box and set it vertically.

It appeared to be of modern origin, though with its mummification within layers of plastic wrap, tape, and two layers of bubble wrap, an Egyptian time travelling mummy is not entirely out of the question. Slowly my wife and I peeled back the layers, ever delicate to preserve what lay within (though with weapons nearby should the mummy find itself hungry or angry after its journey). Making our way through the final layer, we found something amazing within:

To recap the contents:
30x Bags Texas Air

I am still in awe!!! Will this be a Lifetime or OWN movie? Goosebumps are still trembling..

Thank you for your outstanding description..of..crap...

Great job..

EdenMaster

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EdenMaster
whiskeyguy wrote:(1) July 1990 WWF magazine with Randy Savage on the cover

and...

A letter! Thanks woot, can't wait to see what I get!

I got a letter as well, and my Big Orphaned Cetacea included a book written by Randy Savage's brother. A theme presents itself...

pilot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pilot

got mine. none of the standard items. worst Big o' Cosmos ever for me, oh well. win some and lose some.

2x small tote (black bag, gray dots)
1x 5 speaker mounting kit
6x yes..six.. tabletop tripod thing.
4x shamwow

no texas air.

tracking says it was 3.1 lbs, didn't check it.

chattrup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chattrup

It arrived today!

7.1 pounds, my fourth Baggy Old Creep, and the best ever!

The same as others received:

Laptop cooler $26.57
Nightflight Batman $27.95
Petzoom brushes $14.49
Strawberry tote bag $5

And my "different" item
Versailles Lamp set $32

Total value (Amazon pricing) $106.01 for eight bucks!

Batman has already found a home with 13 year old grandson, pet brushes went to Pomeranian granddog, I wanted/needed the laptop cooler (now I can compute in my recliner), and the lamps are a perfect size for our two desks. Strawberry bag will join its twin in a drawer.

Awesome, WOOT....thanks a bunch!

scientista

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scientista

I got my 5.7 pounder today.

Like many of you, it contained:
Strawberry Shopping Tote
Knight Flight Batman Helicopter
Heatshift Laptop Cooling Pad
Set of 3 Pet Zoom Brushes

Unlike most of you, I also got:
Flowering Tea
Dazzle VHS to DVD Recorder

Thanks Woot! We're going to enjoy all of this.

dce818

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dce818

Awesome Big o' Cosmos!

Flying Batman
Strawberry Tote
Hot Pink Laptop Cooling Pad
3-pack of pet brushes

Polarpod dvf-130 camcorder - big defective sticker on the back but it seems to work (havent tested out the USB or an SD card, but it takes pictures and videos (non-working SD port would stink - but the kids could still play with it)

Thanks Woot!