andrewkl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages andrewkl
MiddleAgeMan wrote:My Sansa clip + works but has a broken clip. Obviously a design flaw. The interesting fact is that Sansa doesn't warranty any of their refurbished products. Since w00t! doesn't warranty Big o' Cosmos items, you're out of luck if your get a refurb Sansa product in your bag.

I'll keep trying, but I'll never buy a refurb Sansa product here again (on purpose). In the interest of full disclosure, I do have one prior non-Crap purchase of a Sansa refurb from w00t! that still works perfectly to this day. Which makes this bamboozle all the more mystifying.

Bear in mind that it DID come in a bag o crap... Emphasis on the word 'crap'. Consider yourself lucky that it works at all...

Just really damn lucky: Random Crap: 2/15/08, 2/19/09, 12/25/09, 4/1/10, 12/1/10, 12/25/10, 4/1/11, 5/11/11, 9/14/11, 10/12/11, 12/25/11

whiskeyguy

quality posts: 4 Private Messages whiskeyguy

Alright, received the letter items today.

(1) MovieSac oversize bean bag chair
(1) Empty bean bag chair cover sack
(1) Roll of cotton canvas (10 yards)
(1) Pressure squeegee hose attachment
(2) Child blankets
(2) Cheap 3D glasses

I hope I can find a place to put the chair, otherwise one of my friends already called dibs on it.

Thanks Woot, awesome stuff!

MiddleAgeMan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages MiddleAgeMan
andrewkl wrote:Bear in mind that it DID come in a bag o crap... Emphasis on the word 'crap'. Consider yourself lucky that it works at all...

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer

EdenMaster

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EdenMaster

I don't think my chair is a MovieSac, having looked over the website none of them look like what I got. Most of the MovieSac chairs seem to have some kind of felt or fuzzy cover on them, mine doesn't, it's just plain white fabric. It really has no distinguishing markings, labels, or tags anywhere on it.

jrsquonk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jrsquonk

Is that it for the reported letters? Is it time to close out this thread?

andrewkl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages andrewkl
MiddleAgeMan wrote:Thank you, Captain Obvious.

I got promoted.. It's GENERAL to you, Private... and quit complaining.

Just really damn lucky: Random Crap: 2/15/08, 2/19/09, 12/25/09, 4/1/10, 12/1/10, 12/25/10, 4/1/11, 5/11/11, 9/14/11, 10/12/11, 12/25/11

gvencelov

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gvencelov
EdenMaster wrote:I don't think my chair is a MovieSac, having looked over the website none of them look like what I got. Most of the MovieSac chairs seem to have some kind of felt or fuzzy cover on them, mine doesn't, it's just plain white fabric. It really has no distinguishing markings, labels, or tags anywhere on it.

maybe it's a Foof?? I had one a few years ago, I think it had some kind of inner bag, and then another cover and had the ripped/cut up couch foam type filling. I think I remember seeing Foofs on one of the sites here before, but I could be imagining that too...

http://www.thefoofstore.com/

Stumpy91

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Stumpy91
MiddleAgeMan wrote:Try the MS approach. Remove all the batteries, sit around for awhile, insert new batteries and voila (or not).

What's the "MS approach"?

• 75 total wOOts including
  • 4/01/10 Adventure Crap
  • 12/25/09 Santa's Sack O' Crap
  • 10/23/08, 9/25/09, 3/26/10, 5/26/10, 6/24/10, 9/22/10, 10/21/10, 12/1/10, 1/25/11, 3/9/11, 5/11/11 and 3/22/12 Bundles of Crayons
  • 12 sellout.wOOts
  • 5 shirt.wOOts
  • No kids.wOOts (that I know of)

EdenMaster

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EdenMaster
gvencelov wrote:maybe it's a Foof?? I had one a few years ago, I think it had some kind of inner bag, and then another cover and had the ripped/cut up couch foam type filling. I think I remember seeing Foofs on one of the sites here before, but I could be imagining that too...

http://www.thefoofstore.com/

That appears to be it exactly, thank you!

Someone give this man one more quality post

duodec

quality posts: 13 Private Messages duodec
Stumpy91 wrote:What's the "MS approach"?

We generally call that the response sequence for dealing with Microsoft products when they don't work as expected (which is what we expect).

• Retry the operation.
  • Restart the program and retry the operation.
  • Log off and back on then restart the program and retry the operation.
  • Reboot the computer (POWER CYCLE IT!) then restart the program and retry the operation.
  • Remove and reinstall the program then reboot the computer then restart the program and retry the operation
  • Repair windows from the install disk, then reapply all patches and service packs, reboot the system, reinstall the program, reboot the system, and restart the program and retry the operation
  • Initialize the disk and reinstall windows from scratch, reboot the computer, reinstall all patches and service packs, then reinstall the program and restart it and retry the operation.
  • Replace the computer because its probably too slow to run the most recent version of windows or its most recent service pack and start over.
  • Spend hours searching online for an answer to the problem, only to find that although several dozen/hundred/thousand others have experienced the exact same symptoms, none of them ever received a response, or posted that they had solved it, their cries for help fading off into the distance like a squealing mouse caught in the jaws of a fleeing predator.
  • Strike a blow for freedom and justice and get a real operating system.

Please note that this list did not include malware response, which would have increased its size by an order of magnitude or more.

Removing batteries is kind of like the powercycle reboot of an MS windows device. It really can solve a number of problems and makes sure there's not little blobs of badness still in dynamic RAM that MS software might trip over.

Look upon my Avatar, ye whiny, and despair!

robnbrwn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robnbrwn
s11018 wrote:

Flying Batman
Strawberry tote
Pet Brush set
Pink laptop cooling pad
Package of Colgate Wisp thingies

With all the shedding my yellow lab is doing, the brushes are the best part of the package. Tape job for the box was a joke. Could stick my hand in if I wanted. Hope nothing escaped during the travels.

I got exactly the same thing, except: instead of Whispies, substitute an 8-in-1 iPod ?something? with a return number on it. Any idea whether it's worth listing on ebay?

braddr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages braddr

My Big o' Cosmos was short one item. Customer service sent a new box!

One black bag with white polka dots.
A box to mount five small speakers on the wall
Two Sham Wow towels
and
A pocket size wireless speaker, Bluetooth compatible.

Thanks, Woot!

Stumpy91

braddr wrote:My Big o' Cosmos was short one item. Customer service sent a new box!

One black bag with white polka dots.
A box to mount five small speakers on the wall
Two Sham Wow towels
and
A pocket size wireless speaker, Bluetooth compatible.

Thanks, Woot!

How did you know it was short one item? Which item?

• 4/01/10 Adventure Crap
  • 10/23/08, 9/25/09, 3/26/10, 5/26/10, 6/24/10, 9/22/10, 10/21/10, 12/1/10, 1/25/11, 3/9/11, 5/11/11 and 3/22/12 Bundles of Crayons
  • 12 sellout.wOOts
  • 5 shirt.wOOts

Stumpy91

MiddleAgeMan wrote:Try the MS approach. Remove all the batteries, sit around for awhile, insert new batteries and voila (or not).

I tried the "MS Approach". Still takes an immediate hard left. The rear prop is not spinning unless you adjust the trim. The top props and counter balance appear straight and functional. It's weird since it was working fine for maybe a dozen flights.

• 4/01/10 Adventure Crap
  • 12 sellout.wOOts
  • 5 shirt.wOOts

smokingmods

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smokingmods
andrewkl wrote:Bear in mind that it DID come in a bag o crap... Emphasis on the word 'crap'. Consider yourself lucky that it works at all...

if you live near a compusa they sell, and swap out defective sansa clips for another refurb, if you "have no recipt" its mandatory swap no "Refund" lol

uhm, what are you looking at?

no seriously, what are you looking for ?
there is NOTHING HERE FOR YOU. Go home, the movie is over, really it's over. You can go now.

braddr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages braddr
Stumpy91 wrote:How did you know it was short one item? Which item?

I received a bag, and two other items. It is always supposed to be three items plus the bag.

symphony

quality posts: 0 Private Messages symphony
zzzzz78759 wrote:Amazon charges tax in Texas now, too. That kind of ticked me off but how else are we going to get out of this massive debt?

Grrrrr. My sales tax is 8.25%. We used to pay no tax on Amazon, but pay on woot. Now we've been added to Amazon's tax group, which is a big deal for me. I wonder if the buyout caused this (i.e. the crossover state tax list went both ways). (To make it a little worse, Texans even pay sales tax on shipping and handling.)

BTW, woot has a discount code (TAXSUCKS) that Texans could use with an order OVER (and not including) $40, including woot's $5 shipping fee. The discount code subtracts that $5. Hopefully TAXSUCKS has been activated for the newly taxed states.

dnrinaz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dnrinaz
robnbrwn wrote:I got exactly the same thing, except: instead of Whispies, substitute an 8-in-1 iPod ?something? with a return number on it. Any idea whether it's worth listing on ebay?

I got all that except no whispies. Instead I got a leather organizer type binder and ear warmers.

Tabazko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Tabazko

My first haul last month I got:

Knight Flight Batman
Laptop cooling pad - grey
Pet Zoom brushes
Strawberry shopping bag
Ninja Master Prep top part - broken, pitched
Ninja Smoothie Cup with spoons
Playstion cradle/dock - power cord missing
Plaintronics Bluetooth Headset - like new

Looking forward to my next Big o' Cosmos - two in a row!

Can I have hot sauce with that?

bjfst11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjfst11

I have been wooting for 5 years ans this was my first Big o' Cosmos!!!

1 Strawberry shopping bag
1 5 Speaker Mounting Kit
1 Spindock laptop turntable
1 shirt.woot.com coffee mug
1 pair of Harbinger KCR gloves(M)