paullanzarotti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paullanzarotti

Piece of junk. The plastic teeth on the motor wear out after 2-3 uses. It cost more that $20 to pay shipping for the replacement motor. The replacements also stopped working within a few days and as a result my girlfriend will now never use woot again!

nastyducky

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nastyducky

I got mine in a package deal here at W00T along with the hand mixer recently, and I love them. The mixer was the part I wanted, and it has lived up to my expectations.

The items you see in this offer also work wonderfully - soup is a snap, ultra-smooth guacamole takes a few seconds, and cleanup couldn't be easier. My Cuisinart food processor finally gave up the ghost a few months ago and my Ninja is the perfect replacement, and then some.

frogboy99

quality posts: 4 Private Messages frogboy99

I have the Cuisinart Chrome SmartPower Duet Blender/Food Processor that's for sale over on Sellout.woot, and it's my second one, but it is SUPER LOUD. However, my first one lasted about 9 years before the plastic gears started tearing up on the bottom, and it really gets the job done. Only problem is, it will wake up your neighbors dogs, and they will join in the howling. It's a barn burner!

Great for making hummus, as I hope this Ninja is, too.

I read the discussion on the Cuisinart page, and most people have replaced their cuisinarts with Ninjas. Makes me want to do the same. I will buy & try, then wrote a comparison review the next time I see either one of them on Woot. Also, been wanting a juicer, and it appears this will do that, too. Excellent.

7eyervb9j

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 7eyervb9j
Veflores wrote:It was $29.99 when it was new on Woot.

No, it was $35, and $40 after shipping, at least the last time Woot had it about a month or 2 ago. I bought one so I remember.

m1lgram

quality posts: 1 Private Messages m1lgram

Here's a decent video review of a similar model from the same company. He makes guacamole as well as a smoothie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9yhiPLZsm0&feature=related

tantris

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tantris

Patented?

Staggered blades are patentable?
Why I am I not surprised! I think I have to buy it right away. Just let me hit the on-click button

xmasangel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xmasangel
bhodilee wrote:My wife wants to make her own baby food, for a baby, not herself. Is this what we should have? We have a little Kitchenaid food processor, but I've always hated having to scrape down the sides. This seems to eliminate the need for that. I've always thought the three sets of blades was one of those, duh why didn't someone think of this before, type innovations. If I have this would I also want to buy the big one or is this enough for everything?

this is great for baby food and a great price too! plus, this is bpa free unlike the original bullet and many other blenders/food processors. I think it seems to be enough for everything but i know there is ninja also sells a bigger single blender... this one is nifty though because of the multiple blenders so you can another container when one has contents in it already. if budget is not an issue, i absolutely love our baeba babycook, but i see now that thet have created slightly less expensive band/versions that can automatically go from steaming to processing the food

Tiamat114

quality posts: 48 Private Messages Tiamat114

I'm glad I was awake this morning to snag one, cause these babies are gone!

Ninja Master Prep Professional 450-Watt Food Processor
Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: ammanor82
Speed to first woot: 0m 57.867s
Wooter to blame for sellout: ElanorRigby
Sellout time: 10:35:12 AM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 6.656s
Woot wage: $10,817.43 (revenue per hour)
Total woots: 5726

A rather impressive number sold that quick if I do say so myself.

twamos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twamos

i have one of these that i got from woot and i LOVE it - it kicks butt!!!!!!

rosethefiend

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rosethefiend

SO not COOL! I hit the "I Want One" button, and it refreshes and says, "Sold Out"!! BLAST YOU FINAL PURCHASER!!!

gamershifty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gamershifty

Noooooooo!
I'm so upset they are sold out! My boyfriend was making cookie dough in one of these things (I told him not to, the silly goose) and it fizzed out, burnt the motor inside or something. Funny thing is, the first time he tried to make cookie dough in it, it worked fine, because he used pulses, instead of running it nonstop like he did for the second batch. I'm pretty sure that's what killed it. So anyway, we're looking to get another. This was such a good deal, I can't believe I missed it! Boooo.

mothersnakes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mothersnakes

Nuts,
These look interesting, and now that they're sold out I MUST have one.
Oh, the pain, the pain...

itch808

quality posts: 1 Private Messages itch808

NOooooooooooooo!

I bought one last time with the hand mixer when it was $35 and would've bought 3 more at this price! I use mine everyday and it absolutely blasts through food.

I hope Woot has more of these!!

kcgilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kcgilley

Please get some more of them I want it sooooooo bad!!

Fritters

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Fritters
eneal10 wrote:My Ninja does well with a couple of short bursts to make crushed ice, then a ~2 second blast to make snow. Let the blades get to top speeed in step 2, but shut it down when you hit the redline. A 1/2 to 2/3 pitcher of ice from my fridge works best for me.

Thanks, I'll try that!

EmaofThree

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EmaofThree

NOOOOOO!!! There are SO MANY other things that don't sell out.. but this one did? I TOTALLY would have bought one.. I LOVE my ninja... but it was the prior version with only two blades.. the 3 blade version would have been even better... Will need to keep a better eye out the next time.... SNOOZE/LOSE.. I know.. but still... BUMMER!!!

duskfall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duskfall

I am so mad I missed this. In the market for a new food processor as mine died, and my blender is on it's way out too.

kaidenshi

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kaidenshi

Glad I got one before they sold out. My girlfriend has had one longer than she's had me and she loves it. She isn't easily impressed with technology so that sold me on it, especially at this price. I love to cook and this seems like it will make that part of life easier. Not to mention coffee smoothies and banana ice cream!

As long as the refurb aspect doesn't leave me disappointed...

andrea8090

quality posts: 3 Private Messages andrea8090

I got my hands on one of these last month. The first thing I did was chop up some ice, just to see what the rave was all about. All I can say is aaa-mazing! It's a bummer you missed out this time around, but don't hesitate to pick up one next time it pops up. I grabbed the one with three canisters, two cups, and a bonus hand mixer, which I've thoroughly abused as well. Congrats to everyone who got in on the deal. You won't be disappointed!

mindylove

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mindylove
Fritters wrote:I have one and have tried multiple times to get snow from doing short bursts and I still get big chunks. What are you doing differently? Can you please give me a hint what I might be doing wrong? I'm just putting ice in and doing it in short bursts...

The Ninja website says you should use ice straight from the freezer to get fluffy snow. I hope that helps!

Neopluto

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Neopluto

ASDKLwe I keep missing this damn woot! You'd better not jinx me and keep selling these

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 99 Private Messages radi0j0hn

I ordered one, but NOW the question: If you toss chunks of food in the thing and THEN lower the blades in, how do they clear the food and get to the bottom?

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

FallenAnjel

quality posts: 9 Private Messages FallenAnjel
Tiamat114 wrote:I'm glad I was awake this morning to snag one, cause these babies are gone!

A rather impressive number sold that quick if I do say so myself.

WOW!! I got mine with 9 minutes to spare! This is my second, I bought it last week too! :-)

~~Fallen Anjel
www.facebook.com/gtdphoto
www.facebook.com/gtdenterprisesinc
~My body is a cage. My mind holds the key. (Except I lost the key...)
~I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away.

sugaree56

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sugaree56
cprochilo wrote:Does anyone know if this is powerful enough to chop almonds? I already broke two coffee grinders making almond meal.

Yes, it is strong enough to chop anything. I made almond butter with it last week.

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

Though this is not as good a deal as the non-refurbished new unit with additional inclusions offered by Woot about a month ago, I regret not buying 1 or 2 of these refurbs to replace any defective or short-life parts in the 3 new ones I had previously purchased.

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

franigans

quality posts: 0 Private Messages franigans
gamershifty wrote:Noooooooo!
I'm so upset they are sold out! My boyfriend was making cookie dough in one of these things (I told him not to, the silly goose) and it fizzed out, burnt the motor inside or something. Funny thing is, the first time he tried to make cookie dough in it, it worked fine, because he used pulses, instead of running it nonstop like he did for the second batch. I'm pretty sure that's what killed it. So anyway, we're looking to get another. This was such a good deal, I can't believe I missed it! Boooo.

I believe the entire "pulsing" bs is because the motor is so prone to over heating it can't be used for long at all without dying. So they tell you to pulse as if it a magical technique.

franigans

quality posts: 0 Private Messages franigans
radi0j0hn wrote:I ordered one, but NOW the question: If you toss chunks of food in the thing and THEN lower the blades in, how do they clear the food and get to the bottom?

You don't, like a food processor your food has to clear the blades. the smaller the container and the more the blades obstruct the more cutting you'll have to do initially

LisaJHM

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LisaJHM

The most wonderful set of kitchen appliances I've ever had - & we have had them all. Grinds, chops, anything and everything. Blades are super sharp - which is great but extra care needed. Washes in dishwasher - 3 different sizes make it so convenient for different amounts of food. Blades running up the center keep the food moving and blending evenly. Most have blades on bottom only and if you put too much food in them, only the bottom gets blended. We need to grind food to almost puree for a special needs adult and the ninja handles large quantities and there are no lumps to worry about. I am getting rid of many other appliances.

LisaJHM

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LisaJHM
franigans wrote:You don't, like a food processor your food has to clear the blades. the smaller the container and the more the blades obstruct the more cutting you'll have to do initially

The blades are put in before you add your food. No problem like w/ other devices.

spike31642

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spike31642
paullanzarotti wrote:Piece of junk. The plastic teeth on the motor wear out after 2-3 uses. It cost more that $20 to pay shipping for the replacement motor. The replacements also stopped working within a few days and as a result my girlfriend will now never use woot again!

you have to pulse it, you can't use this like a regular blender. and for the record, ten seconds and under is a pulse. no more!

hurkamur1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hurkamur1
trikster2 wrote:Got this when Woot was selling it new.

So for I'm not very happy with it. I wish I put the money towards an ice blade and smaller container for my vitamix.

Smoothies: No mater what I do I get crunchy pieces of ice. Let it set for a few seconds and the ice/liquid seperates leaving me drinking the dang thing all at once or while holding a spoon to stir it up every few minutes.

Snow: Same thing. good bite. good bite. crunch.

Others have no problems so maybe it's my ice maker or I'm picky.

Ergonomics F: I can't figure out a good way to store these on the counter top. The lids don't fit the containers when the attachment to hold the blender is on so you have 3 containers two blender attachments and random lids laying about. Using the ninja is finicky. You have to get the container top on just right (wiggle wiggle) so it seats down all the way. Then for some reason the top is keyed so you have to make sure you line it up just right to sit on top of the container. twist twist but it has a cord that is always getting in the way. Ninja should sell a snazzy holder for this git-up.

Safety: Cut myself. Food loves to stick to the blades so you are always trying to get stuff off the blades. And the blades are everywhere! Managed to not get cut for several weeks then ow. Like a really bad paper cut.

We had made some OK stuff. One of our favorites with the Ninja is using the small container to make a Salmon Rillette (50% smoked salmon, 50% poached salmon, cream cheese or butter and whatever spices float your boat)

I do use it to make smoothies but I don't think it does any better of a job than my vitamix without the ice blade. The main reason to use the ninja is the smaller containers but I think the vitamix is actually easier to clean.

With all do respect, I don't think it's fair to compare a $600 blender to a $20 gadget.

theherbshack

quality posts: 7 Private Messages theherbshack
spike31642 wrote:you have to pulse it, you can't use this like a regular blender. and for the record, ten seconds and under is a pulse. no more!

Is this fact?

malkav11

quality posts: 9 Private Messages malkav11

I wound up getting a Ninja since the buzz seemed overwhelmingly positive, the price was right, and the Cuisinart had the worst review spread I can recall seeing on Amazon in recent memory. Just in case anyone was wondering.

captshar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captshar

Careful folks, the ninja is advertised at 19.99 plus $5 shipping but I got charged $26.99.

Tiamat114

quality posts: 48 Private Messages Tiamat114
captshar wrote:Careful folks, the ninja is advertised at 19.99 plus $5 shipping but I got charged $26.99.

I got charged $26.74 myself, but I get taxed by woot.com now.

You want 1

Ninja Master Prep Professional 450-Watt Food Processor
You ordered 1 Euro-Pro Ninja QB1004-FS 450 Watt Master Prep Pro,40 & 48oz Pitcher, 16oz Bowl.
which each cost $19.99
for a subtotal of $19.99
plus tax + $1.75
plus shipping + $5.00
for a total of $26.74

I'm not sure why you got charged $26.99. Go into your account and double check your recipt, if its and error I would contact service@woot.com (or you can click "Write Us" up at the top and fill out the form on the left, goes to the same place.)

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 99 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Not all refurbished stuff is used. There are open box customer returns, unwanted gifts that were opened, store stock returns, etc. I just made a great steak on a Panini grill refurb I Wooted several months back.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick

Egads - My hubs is out of town - so we checked Woot! separately and BOTH BOUGHT ONE! So soon we will be the proud owners of 2 Ninjas. I only wish we'd been able to combine the shipping!

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov

"An Eagle was soaring through the air when suddenly it heard the whizz of an Arrow, and felt itself wounded to death. Slowly it fluttered down to the earth, with its life-blood pouring out of it. Looking down upon the Arrow with which it had been pierced, it found that the shaft of the Arrow had been feathered with one of its own plumes."

I'd rather an old U.S.-made Osterizer.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

I got a new one from Woot a couple of weeks ago and loved it. I got two more early this morning using hubby's blackberry while we were away from the Interwebs. Fresh strawberry daiquiris, with or without rum, yummy!

trikster2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trikster2
hurkamur1 wrote:With all do respect, I don't think it's fair to compare a $600 blender to a $20 gadget.

I evaluated the ninja on it's own merits. The safety, ergonomics, dificulty cleaning, counter space and underperforming snow/slush are all genuine issues for me.

The comment on the vitamix was because I was looking for something that does slushies/snow better than the vitamix without the pricey ice blade.

For me the slushies are about the same or worse and the big chunks that always get left in the snow means I won't be using it for that for my kids.

Look at the reviews, a lot of folks have issues with chunks of ice in the snow.

Lots of posts but few recipes? What's everything making with their ninjas?