skiphay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skiphay

Got mine at 4 pm central...so far works great...Im on it now...just clicked wifi only...no annoying messages... Did not expect the back to be white...

block911

quality posts: 0 Private Messages block911

Just got mine and it is EXACTLY what I was looking for all the other tablets are WAY to big... this is PERFECT!

Great Deal and the stock OS doesn't seem as bad as I thought it would be

THANKS!

pooh05bear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pooh05bear
n3ssa wrote:Got mine at noon today, west coast time. It works perfectly. The only thing that seems remotely "refurbished" about it is the box, which has light wear and tear. After it charged to 30% it announced it had a software update. Anyone else getting this?

got that on mine too. tho it did warn my battery life wasnt up to the task of getting the update yet. so i'll wait on that. but what kind of update is it trying to install?

i also didnt know if mine was working at first. i plugged it in and got nothing. fist to my laptop usb port. nothing. then to the wall outlet. still nothing. 10 minutes later the charging icon finally came on. weird. thought i'd have to return to woot. but it seems ok now.

didnt need to deactivate anything either. it asked me if i wanted 3g + wifi or just wifi. so i opted for just wifi and it worked fine.

i am dissappointed i only have 3 screens to scroll through/put apps onto the main screens of. :P i have a samsung vibrant thru tmobile so i'm used to like 8 pages to throw lots of apps onto haha. oh well.

letting it charge more before i play with it anymore. just did up setup options to start out with. but i'll d/l some apps from android market later.

smorloc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smorloc

I received mine today. Nice little device. Mine was more worn than the typical refurbs I get. There was a handful of of gouges & scratching along one side of the unit. No big deal to me as long as it works. I have been spoiled with the all the refurbs purchases I make that are like brand new.

In my case, I was not given the option of Wifi-only. Without that option, the device behaves poorly. Every time you reboot it tries to perform a Sprint activation. While using the device it complains frequently that I was roaming.

Anyway, I followed the instructions on the following page to freeze the Sprint activation application and other bloatware:

http://techbuzzblog.com/tech/2011/01/how-to-bypass-activation-on-sprint-galaxy-tabs.html

Note that zRoot did not work to root my device. I ended up using SuperOneClick v.1.9.1. In order to use SuperOneClick I needed to download & install the drives from the Samsung site. You can find them here:

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/SW/201010/20101026044755031/SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1.3.350.0.exe

SuperOneClick can be found at:
http://shortfuse.org/

So, has anyone been able to get Honeycomb on their device??

block911

quality posts: 0 Private Messages block911

Mine was mint but the box was a bit scratched

In case anyone wants a case I can not recommend this case enough by samsung... Its AMAZING and so LIGHT

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Protective-Leather-Cover/dp/B004NYAHFM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1307237489&sr=8-1

Samsung sells it for 49.99

djm99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djm99

i got mine yesterday. I really like it. My only dislike are these virtual buttons. I keep touching them.

VeeReihen6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages VeeReihen6

Got mine today at 11am.

Rooted using SuperOneClick 1.9.

I didn't care for the 3 home screens either (as I'm used to 5 on my Evo 4G) so I loaded up Launcher Pro.

As for Gingerbread or Honeycomb, neither are ready for primetime on the CDMA Galaxy Tabs yet.

Samsung has **slowly** begun to rollout a Gingerbread update, but so far the only country to get it is Italy.

The Honeycomb port is pre-Alpha so far, but its moving along pretty quickly. If you're interested, head on over to the xda-developers forums.

[edit] whoops, it went Alpha today, and for CDMA as well, might try it in the next few days[/edit]

Initial impressions are.....well....its just a larger version of my phone, sans HTC Sense integration (obviously). We'll see if it gets more use than my iPad.

pooh05bear

VeeReihen6 wrote:Got mine today at 11am.

Rooted using SuperOneClick 1.9.

I didn't care for the 3 home screens either (as I'm used to 5 on my Evo 4G) so I loaded up Launcher Pro.

ok i figured out how to get more home pages. on any of the homepages, hit the edit button (well get there by hitting the first bottom bottom) and hit the edit key, it will come up with all the home pages and the ability to add more. yay!

splatmatt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages splatmatt

*****READ THIS*****

My Tab came today and had some scratches around the bezel and the device was already registered to another Sprint User! Sprint could not even release the device to me. Since the device is registered to another user it restores their gmail account and their contacts on the device which I have full access to. Even if I perform a factory restore their info is restored. Sprint said they can't do anything about it even to protect the original owners account.

I was really looking forward to this device and now it is unusable!

*****************UPDATE********************

Woot responded quickly and offered a refund and provided return shipping without cost.

Because Woot was so responsible in handling this matter I will definitely try another Woot purchase in the future.

manishonline

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manishonline

Damn FedEx Guy didnt bother to deliver mine today. I gave an office addres and i have been there all day long. No Notice nothing. I'll have to wait until tuesday now. WOOT UPS IS FAR BETTER.

raygun300

quality posts: 1 Private Messages raygun300

Got mine today, looks great, no marks or scratches, no nag screen on bootup but a small update from sprint on connecting to wifi. There's 2gig on board and a 16 gig micro sd card included, no case (anyone find a good cheap one??) Video plays smooth using soul movie player. Google Earth, Tiger SNES and NES work great. Only problem so far is I can't seem to get the GPS to work. I've just tried indoors so far, anyone else have a working GPS on their Galaxy?

brendah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brendah

Got mine today, had some bumps along the way to get it working. First thing I did was download Angry Birds. My daughter wanted to watch You Tube videos of kittens on the couch until my son took it from her and he's been playing Angry Birds ever since. I can't even get ahold of it to play with!

It did come with some scuff marks on the sides so you can tell it was used, but at least I don't have someone else's email account on it!

Thanks woot, now both my kids want one too.

raygun300

quality posts: 1 Private Messages raygun300
raygun300 wrote:Got mine today, looks great, no marks or scratches, no nag screen on bootup but a small update from sprint on connecting to wifi. There's 2gig on board and a 16 gig micro sd card included, no case (anyone find a good cheap one??) Video plays smooth using soul movie player. Google Earth, Tiger SNES and NES work great. Only problem so far is I can't seem to get the GPS to work. I've just tried indoors so far, anyone else have a working GPS on their Galaxy?

Doh! GPS doesn't work in airplane mode, turned that off and it works fine!

ecbremner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ecbremner

Got mine last night. Sad to report that it didnt come with a cable and was uncharged. SO until i find a cable it is a glorified paperweight. Not impressed.

Update bought a third party cable and it works gangbusters. Woot offered to replace the whole device to provide the cable. Kinda pointless now... but i suppose that was a good thing for them to offer.

warsha2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages warsha2

[quote postid="4503284" user="ecbremner"]Got mine last night. Sad to report that it didnt come with a cable and was uncharged. SO until i find a cable it is a glorified paperweight. Not impressed.[/quot

Received mine yesterday-Love it! Perfect condition, perfect size, thanks woot!

chinkapin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chinkapin

I did not receive a 16GB microSD card with my unit. I did get the SD adapter, though.

I had to stick in my own 2GB microSD card in the side to be able to save pics.

Am I missing something?

surf06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages surf06

Got one for the wife who spends hours in an infusion clinic. Wanted her to be able to watch NetFlix and Hulu Plus. Neither work on this tablet. Any workarounds I can try? On the plus side, it shows no signs of wear and works well. Got a nifty case that folds into an easel for setting on her bed table at BB, closes into a dayplanner looking cover with magnetic clasps.

steve706

quality posts: 0 Private Messages steve706
splatmatt wrote:*****READ THIS*****

This was the first & last woot for me.

My Tab came today and had some scratches around the bezel and the device was already registered to another Sprint User! Sprint could not even release the device to me. Since the device is registered to another user it restores their gmail account and their contacts on the device which I have full access to. Even if I perform a factory restore their info is restored. Sprint said they can't do anything about it even to protect the original owners account.

I got the same thing! But all applications fail and when reboot it resets the whole device....dropping wifi, failed updates..... This thing is a total pos and im very unhappy. I will be returing to woot asap

cdhuttonsc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdhuttonsc
Pardon me, I'm a racist dork.apin wrote:I did not receive a 16GB microSD card with my unit. I did get the SD adapter, though.

Am I missing something?

The 16 GB should already be preinstalled in the device.

That is where mine was!

chinkapin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chinkapin
cdhuttonsc wrote:The 16 GB should already be preinstalled in the device.

That is where mine was!

Mine was not... the slot was blank.

cramleir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cramleir

Just got mine, unfortunately the toichscreen seems to have at least two dead spots, both in the corners. Unfortunately this is making the touch keyboard downright unusable. Anybody have any advice?

Joel The Great

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Joel The Great

For those with ones that are stuck with some Sprint account, or missing stuff, try email service@woot.com (or go here: http://www.woot.com/WriteUs.aspx)

Give them your order number and explain the problem calmly and politely (You get more bears with bee's than viniger?). They will more than likely try to make things right.

pooh05bear

So I was getting the software update. Which looks like its for"phone" functions despite not ya know, being a phone... I ignored it a couple times at first then just figured what the heck, just install it, get it over with and then ignore it later. Well I got an error msg after it tried to download. which again I don't care because its not a necessary update for this device... Anyway, now I'm getting the darned msg that it needs to install anytime I turn the device on and every so often when I might be in the middle of something. (its timed I get it) but it's annoying. Anyone know how to get rid of the update msg now? Sigh annoying... Thanks.

jus10walters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jus10walters
pooh05bear wrote:ok i figured out how to get more home pages. on any of the homepages, hit the edit button (well get there by hitting the first bottom bottom) and hit the edit key, it will come up with all the home pages and the ability to add more. yay!

The easiest way to add homescreens is while at any home screen, pinch your fingers together like trying to zoom out and it will let you add however many you want.

I am happy to say mine came looking (and working) like it was brand new. Have barely put it down yet. Picked up an otterbox off amazon for 30 bucks so I can take a bath with it. Also installed Google Talk and have been using to text. I feel like my Epic 4g is tiny now.

finaljenemba

quality posts: 0 Private Messages finaljenemba

Got mine! Basically perfect, only flaw is one dead pixel. I hate dead pixels but I guess its better that what some here got!

I think its pretty obvious that these weren't refurbished units at all. They where just open box returns that got packed up and sold. Mine still had a screen protector on it from the last owner lol.

Im not upset as I think I got a great deal, but I do think woot should be honest about what they're selling. Open box and refurbished are not the same thing.

adspamemail

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adspamemail
splatmatt wrote:*****READ THIS*****

This was the first & last woot for me.

Same issue here. I wonder how they will handle this...

VeeReihen6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages VeeReihen6

Yow, this is getting ugly! Seems like a lot of people are seeing various issues with these refurbs....SD card missing is just ridiculous, don't they get checked by Sprint and/or Samsung before going out?

Thankfully I seem to be one of the lucky ones so far, no real issues except the GPS going dodgy on me after one of the updates, but I was able to downgrade the modem.bin file one version and all is well again.

Hope woot takes care of all those with problems. Maybe they can swap you out the Galaxy Tab for today's woot? ;)

splatmatt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages splatmatt

Update my issue - Woot was very helpful in resolving my issue

Here is the permalink

http://www.woot.com/Forums/viewpost.aspx?PostID=4492077&PageIndex=16&ReplyCount=626#post4503027

reemery

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reemery

My Tab arrived on Sat, June 4. It's in perfect condition, cosmetically.
I've been going thru the "stock" programs, folders, and files. Familiarization!
It's not as intuitive as I would like. For instance: If you've modified information on a screen and press the Back Key - does it accept the changes as Entered - or have you backed out of the changes (similar to the ESC key on a computer).
Several times, I've wished for a FWD Key - acting the opposite as the Back Key.

Until I read comments on this Forum, I believed that I did not have the MicroSD card. Comments here prompted me to look closer. Under a flexible cover (flip it out of the way) was the tiny 16GB card that folks have been talking about.

Cheers!

jgillespie5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgillespie5
surf06 wrote:Got one for the wife who spends hours in an infusion clinic. Wanted her to be able to watch NetFlix and Hulu Plus. Neither work on this tablet. Any workarounds I can try?

not yet. there were a few hacked versions of netflix floating around, but those got disabled via an update (netflix checks stuff when the app starts). i sideloaded the official version of the latest app and it crashed on login.
netflix has been pretty good about adding devices since they rolled out their android app. official list is only like 6 or 7, but if you install it on a non-supported device and it works, you're lucky. *Note: one of the officially supported devices is the OG moto droid, so netflix IS giving older android devices some love, we may yet see official support for the g-tab.

reemery

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reemery

Since I received my Tab on Saturday, I've spent a number of hours exercising it.

I've downloaded about 5 apps (free utilities). They have all shown being downloaded - very slowly, for some reason.
I've never been able to find the files (assuming the process was completed). And, I've never been able to install any app.

I can't decide if I'm doing something wrong - or the device is at fault. I'm using the Google Market.

I wonder if some of you would be so kind as to describe the entire process in great detail. Assume I've no experience with computers (instead of the 30 years I will have in October).

Just pretend I'm a somewhat non-gifted noobie, if you will.

Thanks Gang!

coolhappyguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coolhappyguy
brianottis wrote:Anybody have an idea of how to get Gingerbread on it without having to root it or waiting on Samsung to release it in the U.S?

You may want to check out the Android forums. I almost got the Nook Color (and would've too but got this instead), there was a post that described how to boot from the MicroSD card instead of rooting. That way, if something goes wrong, you just remove the card and reboot to revert back to factory. I would've gone that route as you get the advantages of rooting but do not risk bricking the device.

If you do find such instructions, please post them here so the rest of us will benefit.

aussem83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aussem83
orgsd wrote:Sorry if this sounds läme, but if any of you have buyer's remorse, could you let me know? I missed the opportunity on this one unfortunately before it sold out and would happily buy yours if you no longer want it.

Are you still interested in this one? I have the iPhone and do not have the patience to learn the android tablet....might have to just give in and get me an ipad....so if you are interested in this tablet still, let me know.

skiphay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skiphay

Damn, I'm good! Got the Galaxy Tab AND my HTC EVO rooted, and wifi tether is installed. I'm watching slingbox over Tab via EVO 3G! I love this thing...and mine was perfect out of the box. Only thing missing was the plastic wrapping. No scratches, nothing missing. I LOVE IT. WOOT, You Rocked my world!

steve706

quality posts: 0 Private Messages steve706
steve706 wrote:I got the same thing! But all applications fail and when reboot it resets the whole device....dropping wifi, failed updates..... This thing is a total pos and im very unhappy. I will be returing to woot asap

Woot offered me a replacement or refund on the item. As cool as this thing seemed, im holding out for another non-refurbished tablet woot offer.

phendric

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phendric
coolhappyguy wrote:You may want to check out the Android forums. I almost got the Nook Color (and would've too but got this instead), there was a post that described how to boot from the MicroSD card instead of rooting. That way, if something goes wrong, you just remove the card and reboot to revert back to factory. I would've gone that route as you get the advantages of rooting but do not risk bricking the device.

If you do find such instructions, please post them here so the rest of us will benefit.

I did get the Nook Color - 30 days ago, from Best Buy - and then this deal came up. GT arrived via Fedex yesterday; I had no problems setting it up. It asked me if I wanted wifi+3G or wifi only; I told it wifi only, entered my Google account credentials, and I'm up and running. A couple of small updates later, things are smooth for me. The Gingerbread update will be nice once it's released, but Froyo works well for the time being.

The Nook Color is great for hacking (because it's so easy), but its hardware is a step or two below the GT's, (and that was obvious once I started playing with the GT) so I returned it (the NC) yesterday.

As mentioned above, it's quite easy to install a custom ROM on the microSD card of the Nook Color, and then boot from it - but that's because the NC is hard-wired to boot from the microSD card first. I don't think that the GT has that same hardware configuration, so it's going to be more difficult to put a custom ROM on the card. Not impossible, persay, but more difficult.

The only blemishes my GT had out of the box were a few tiny scratches on its back. I can't argue with the price, though...

klaatu1721

quality posts: 1 Private Messages klaatu1721

My GT arrive last Friday. I spent a day and a half chasing down various problems before I realized what the real issue was. It appears that nothing I do on the Tab survives a reboot. It won't remember WiFi networks. Any app I install is gone (although the .apk file on the SD card is still there). I'm assuming that the flash ROM is at fault.

Anyway, I've asked Woot if they can provide a replacement. If not, I'll be looking up some of you who've decided you don't want yours.

shel5686

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shel5686
Pardon me, I'm a racist dork.apin wrote:I did not receive a 16GB microSD card with my unit. I did get the SD adapter, though.

Am I missing something?

Mine didn't come with the microSD either, just the adapter and a little note that said the micro was installed in the device. (Which it's not, unfortunately.)

Honestly, I'm not sure whether I want to send it back to Woot or just suck it up and spring for another card.

edited to add ~ it also has random pictures of chairs in the photo gallery, but doesn't seem to have old user info anywhere else.

MadDogBrenner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MadDogBrenner
shel5686 wrote:Mine didn't come with the microSD either, just the adapter and a little note that said the micro was installed in the device. (Which it's not, unfortunately.)

Honestly, I'm not sure whether I want to send it back to Woot or just suck it up and spring for another card.

edited to add ~ it also has random pictures of chairs in the photo gallery, but doesn't seem to have old user info anywhere else.

Contact Woot. They are very good about replacing missing of broken items from refurbs.

shel5686

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shel5686
MadDogBrenner wrote:Contact Woot. They are very good about replacing missing of broken items from refurbs.

Thanks I sent them an email, then came home and swiped the microSD card from my old droid in the meantime.