4%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

StarKnightGoku

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StarKnightGoku

Not for fat people They had a 22' ladder of similar abilities at Home Depot for about $150 last time I looked, and it was rated for 300lbs.

dolfan0925

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dolfan0925

Little Giants are definitely awesome. LOVE mine. Everyone with a house should own one.

ebuckle

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ebuckle

I own one of these, and it's the best ladder I ever purchased. If you own a house, get one.

phatdogfarms

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phatdogfarms

BEST LADDER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great PRICE!!!

WOW GO WOOT

mingsty

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mingsty
StarKnightGoku wrote:Not for fat people They had a 22' ladder of similar abilities at Home Depot for about $150 last time I looked, and it was rated for 300lbs.

True the Werner goes for $150. I've used it and I only weighed probaly 140 at the time. It held up ok but didn't seem like the Werner was built that well. From what I've seen the Little Giants are built pretty well.

I am nerdier than 98% of all people. Are you a nerd? Click here to take the Nerd Test, get geeky images and jokes, and write on the nerd forum!

tesla33

quality posts: 57 Private Messages tesla33

I'll say what I usually say about it. I have one, they are well-built (but watch out for those locking pins - they have to be secure, and they can pinch you pretty hard) but they are heavy if you are not strong. Mine usually sits in the garage while I use a much lighter old wooden ladder. This ladder is great if you need more than one configuration, lots of height and stability, and strength.

sylvania

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sylvania

love love love my little giant

Geode

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Geode

Now I can finally reach those foxes playing with my gutter leaves. They're clogging the spouts!

-- "Science is a wonderful thing, if one doesn't have to earn one's living at it" - Einstein

hippielady

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hippielady

I love that song, "I wanna take you higher" by Sly and the Family Ladder.

djanlp

quality posts: 4 Private Messages djanlp

Just reminds me of this infomercial:

Flex-O-Ladder

dolfan0925

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dolfan0925
tesla33 wrote:I'll say what I usually say about it. I have one, they are well-built (but watch out for those locking pins - they have to be secure, and they can pinch you pretty hard) but they are heavy if you are not strong. Mine usually sits in the garage while I use a much lighter old wooden ladder. This ladder is great if you need more than one configuration, lots of height and stability, and strength.

Little Giant makes wheel attachments. Mine have them. You lean the ladder over and can drag the ladder on the wheels. Pretty convenient.

kaidenshi

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kaidenshi
StarKnightGoku wrote:Not for fat people They had a 22' ladder of similar abilities at Home Depot for about $150 last time I looked, and it was rated for 300lbs.

This one appears to be rated to 250lbs, according to Woot's description. I weigh 254lbs so I suppose I won't be buying one.

And no, I'm not a fatty, though I am a few pounds overweight for my height. Sometimes it sucks being really tall.

bmrbill

quality posts: 134 Private Messages bmrbill

Here's a video review. Noice!

AmigaMan1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AmigaMan1

Bought one last time, expecting it to hold my weight....It is VERY shaky to me at 210 lbs. It is supposed to hold much more weight. I would NEVER buy one again. My wife LOVES it, she weights about 119 lbs, very light for her to carry around. Just saying, so you know! It is a very nice ladder, if you don't weight too much!!

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

Here is a Previous Woot!.

Here it is at Amazon (19ft version). 17 or 22' version..

And the product website

Woot seems to be going for the 'Great Father's day gifts' lately. This is waay too big for Smartpost, so with ground shipping there is actually a decent chance it would get delivered by Father's day as well.

EDIT: Fixed Amazon link to one that references 19' instead of 22'. And fixed wrong links (I need sleep!)

maxwax

quality posts: 2 Private Messages maxwax

these are heavy but awesome. The contractor and painter who fixed up my house have both stopped by to borrow it when they are in the area. Very stable. Also it's amazing to fit a ladder with that much extension into an suv. For around the house I have a smaller lighter ladder since I was sick of dinging the walls muscling the heavy little giant around. Nonetheless, it's an awesome ladder.

cargobroombroom

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cargobroombroom

I agree...I'm 245lbs and I was hesitant to get this the last time the 22' came around. This type of ladder is amazing; what with all the different positions and styles it does. But I went with the 22' ladder at home depot (actually got it on sale for $99). I could be mistaken, but the one I own is a bit lighter, too.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

Oh of course when these come up we can't resist re-posting the infamous QVC Ladder Fail.

And of course CVN's version of Ladder Fail.

And finally, here from Little Giant Ladder's youtube channel is a video demoing a similar 'classic' ladder. (no bloopers here!)

tesla33

quality posts: 57 Private Messages tesla33
dolfan0925 wrote:Little Giant makes wheel attachments. Mine have them. You lean the ladder over and can drag the ladder on the wheels. Pretty convenient.

Once it's up I can move it ok, usually. It's getting it from the garage and extending it that takes too much muscle for me these days. It isn't too bad if there are two of you.

No, not a clone, just another person.

woncoolone

quality posts: 634 Private Messages woncoolone

Some reviews on Amazon

Amazon Reviews

adrianfresnel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adrianfresnel

Although this is a great price for the Little Giant, I'm going to have to go with Werner's line of multi-purpose ladders. 300 lb rating, much cheaper and they are built the SAME.

ddrirc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ddrirc

A ladder on woot that isn't used/refurb... might have to pick one up.

smittygun1

quality posts: 5 Private Messages smittygun1

I have had one of these for about 10 years now. It has some pros and cons.

I go about 280 and have never felt uncomfortable with this ladder fully extended. That goes for extension and a-frame modes. When in the A-frame configuration the thing is solid as a rock. You can't compare them to the werner's and gorilla's they sell at your local big box store. the construction of the big boxes is far inferior and lighter gauge aluminum. I have worked on top of one for hours with helpers climbing the other side to bring up tools and lend a hand if necessary. Never an issue. Things are built like a tank, which brings us to the cons.

These ladders are bulky and heavy. If you intend to carry it through your house and unfold it to use as an extension I highly recommend a second set of hands or a spotter at the least so everything within ten feet doesn't knocked off or the ladder slam into a wall when you lose control of it. I am a large person and this thing can get away from me quickly in tight places while trying to unfold. I use it strictly for outside use or on stairwells because it works fantastic on the unlevel stair treads, or if I'm going to be carrying something very heavy up the ladder.

In conclusion, this ladder is a great product that can be useful for many things and I wouldn't trade mine for anything, but like all tools, it has limitations and it may be a bit much (size and weight) to handle for some folks. If you think you can use it, the price is right and you'll have a hard time finding a better quality ladder. I just hate having to carry it.

Quentin2

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Quentin2

Gotta go with the Werners. Cheaper, and plenty sturdy for the amount I use it. Welcome to the world of marketing!

TSOG

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TSOG
adrianfresnel wrote:Although this is a great price for the Little Giant, I'm going to have to go with Werner's line of multi-purpose ladders. 300 lb rating, much cheaper and they are built the SAME.

And another reason why this will be the 4th woot! in a row without a sellout!

Quentin2

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Quentin2

So, if you're like 251 pounds, the ladder will completely explode? I don't think so.

xavoc

quality posts: 15 Private Messages xavoc

Let's see...

Home Depot 22' Alta One Little Giant Ladder: $259.00

Well, whatever you were looking at, it wasn't a Little Giant brand ladder.

If it was the Werner, well... Werner doesn't make a lightweight (This is the "lightweight" model of the LG line mind you...) 22' ladder. The 300lb 1A rated model weights almost 10 lbs more than this one.

Not such a big deal if you rarely use it, but if you have back problems, or have to lift it on/off a truck all day for your job, it matters.

Personally I own the LG Revolution XE, which is not only lighter than this model, but has a better locking system, and isn't just manufactured in the US, it's assembled in the US. Unlike other models that are either partly or wholly built in China.

For some people all of this might not matter, me? I take pride in my work and my tools. Oh, and my back is thankful for the 12 lb weight difference.

rionheart

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rionheart

Bummer! I just bought the 17 foot version a couple weeks ago for the same price at Costco. This is an awesome ladder and endlessly useful. I use it to get onto the roof of our house and used it recently to work in a stairwell where one end of the A-frame needed to be higher than the other. Worked like a charm. It's a little heavy, but considering how unwieldy an extension ladder is, I'd say a little extra weight is a small price to pay. Highly recommend.

DTMRM

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DTMRM
AmigaMan1 wrote:Bought one last time, expecting it to hold my weight....It is VERY shaky to me at 210 lbs. It is supposed to hold much more weight. I would NEVER buy one again. My wife LOVES it, she weights about 119 lbs, very light for her to carry around. Just saying, so you know! It is a very nice ladder, if you don't weight too much!!

Dude, my fire company has several of these ladders for use around the station and on some calls that do not require our real ladders. I weigh 220 pounds without my 50-70 pounds of gear on and I have never had any issue with these ladders being "shaky" with or without my gear on. Maybe you had a bad set or something but I love these ladders for the right situation.

macmic6

quality posts: 3 Private Messages macmic6

Got one last time it was Wooted (or a similar one). and DH loved it. Happiest birthday ever.

Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.
George S. Patton

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake

If I didn't have one already, I'd definitely be in for one. In fact, I might still be in for one ...

At work, the field guys almost exclusively use the Little Giants, day in, day out. Heavier, yeah, but stronger and much more versatile. We've had similar ladders from Werner and Cosco, and several had to be scrapped (recycled) within a year because they got too banged up from moving around job sites and going on and off the utility trucks. The Little Giants ... even our 10+ year old ones are still in use.

StarKnightGoku

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StarKnightGoku
xavoc wrote:Let's see...

Home Depot 22' Alta One Little Giant Ladder: $259.00

Well, whatever you were looking at, it wasn't a Little Giant brand ladder.

If it was the Werner, well... Werner doesn't make a lightweight (This is the "lightweight" model of the LG line mind you...) 22' ladder. The 300lb 1A rated model weights almost 10 lbs more than this one.

Not such a big deal if you rarely use it, but if you have back problems, or have to lift it on/off a truck all day for your job, it matters.

Personally I own the LG Revolution XE, which is not only lighter than this model, but has a better locking system, and isn't just manufactured in the US, it's assembled in the US. Unlike other models that are either partly or wholly built in China.

For some people all of this might not matter, me? I take pride in my work and my tools. Oh, and my back is thankful for the 12 lb weight difference.

Silly me, if only I had clarified that it was a similar ladder... Oh.

greg4734

quality posts: 3 Private Messages greg4734

Just don't walk under it, or you'll have bad luck

massanutten

quality posts: 4 Private Messages massanutten

I have this ladder and recommend it. I weigh over 240 and never felt uncomfortable on it. The A-frame is rock solid, the extension ladder has slight play as you are positioning it, but once you start climbing is solid.

It is heavier than "normal" ladders, but the tradeoffs are obvious in storage and the articulating flexibility is clear. There are some accessories you can buy that are good –I like the fixed brackets that you can take the inner ladders out and make two smaller “A-frames” and with a plank of wood that make a great platform to walk on.

In the beginning it may seem a little awkward to position, but tt's easy to set up, the locking devices give a loud reasuring "click".

Pinksloth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Pinksloth

I have this ladder (but longer) and I wish I had just gone to Home Depot and gotten a conventional 26 foot....this thing weighs a TON and very difficult to open upen up and extend. One leg is now bent because it has fallen twice and I always wear gloves to handle it because you can lose a finger (or hand) getting it open.

dwcfastrice

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dwcfastrice

I have one of these and regrett not getting one sooner. I live in a condo with a 24 ft vaulted ceiling and after messing up my arm trying to paint the walls and the ceiling with an extenstion pole and a 6 ft step ladder, I finally broke down and bought one of these for retail. Woot, where was this 3 years ago?

Opening and closing it and extending it are all easy once you get used to it. I've been able to use mine as a "workbench",as well. Great for when you're painting pieces of trim.

I can say this is one of the better "tool" investments I've made.

D

Dave Chang
Pokemonville, PA 18074

bombiro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bombiro

I bought this ladder the last time it was on Woot. I love this ladder!! (not sure if ladder-love is legal or not). I weigh about 230 lbs and this ladder feels stable, though at full extension it is a little less so. But I have a 25' extension ladder that feels even more unstable at full extension. Yes it is a little heavy but I equate that to quality. AND $5 shipping is awesome.

ganzhimself

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ganzhimself

I picked that special up, it is by far the best ladder I've used. Very easy to use and you're not paying a premium for the 'Little Giant' name. And it's good for anyone who weighs more than 200 lbs.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053&productId=100658955&R=100658955

adammperry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages adammperry

Great ladder...not a spectacular deal.

I own this ladder and it's awesome. If you're a homeowner (and your house isn't that tall) this will be the only ladder you'll ever need. The A-frame setup is great for any job in the house. When fully extended, it's great for cleaning gutters and getting up on the roof for any high-up jobs. It folds up nice and small to bring to jobs at other locations. You know, like when your in-laws need help with something. With the back seat folded down, I have no problem fitting this ladder into my Volvo s40.

The deal is no great bargain. You can get this ladder any day at Costco for $200. If you don't need it right away and you're willing to wait for a better deal, Costco has a coupon for in in their monthly coupon book every once in a while that'll allow you to have it for $160.