AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:So what would happen if you fed him at 3?



He'd eat. But his regimen is to be fed at 5. Note, d'name never mentioned giving in to Rusty's pacing.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:So what would happen if you fed him at 3?



He would start pacing at 2

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote: the Art teacher gets reprimanded for stopping a fist fight in his class because "My son would NEVER throw a punch, you must be lying")



People say the same thing about their dogs!


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:People say the same thing about their dogs!



I always liked "My son/daughter never lies to me," and "I can always tell if my son/daughter is lying." BALDERDASH!!!



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I always liked "My son/daughter never lies to me," and "I can always tell if my son/daughter is lying." BALDERDASH!!!



Judge Judy always says "How can you tell a teenager is lying?
Their mouth is moving"



WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Judge Judy always says "How can you tell a teenager is lying?
Their mouth is moving"



Good one!



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
pooflady wrote:I always liked "My son/daughter never lies to me," and "I can always tell if my son/daughter is lying." BALDERDASH!!!



totally true

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:Judge Judy always says "How can you tell a teenager is lying?
Their mouth is moving"



mostly true.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:Judge Judy always says "How can you tell a teenager is lying?
Their mouth is moving"



my mouth doesn't move when i post. mostly, anyway.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Good one!



I hope all her kids were adults before the show became popular!


Hey Gman, some good news on the news....
A cat got lost at JFK 2 months ago. (two cats, each in their own carrier. The carriers were stacked and the top one fell. The carrier broke open and the cat got out.)

They found it today and it was healthy.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:my mouth doesn't move when i post. mostly, anyway.



We have known you too long for you to be a teenager.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:I hope all her kids were adults before the show became popular!


Hey Gman, some good news on the news....
A cat got lost at JFK 2 months ago. (two cats, each in their own carrier. The carriers were stacked and the top one fell. The carrier broke open and the cat got out.)

They found it today and it was healthy.



joy.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
no1 wrote:my mouth doesn't move when i post. mostly, anyway.



Just when you read?



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Just when you read?



of course!







uh, doesn't everyone do that?

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
no1 wrote:of course!







uh, doesn't everyone do that?



//raising hand// Not me.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:I always liked "My son/daughter never lies to me," and "I can always tell if my son/daughter is lying." BALDERDASH!!!



I had to deal with a ton of it last year. He's new this year so now he gets it. The lack of expected standards is probably the biggest thing hurting schools. You can try to integrate more science, math, and art, but you can't teach and lead those activities if the kids won't sit down, shut up, and keep their hands to themselves. Now you so much as look funny at a kid their mom comes rushing in to tell you that they are just a kid and that's normal behavior for them so you shouldn't expect anything else.

Oh hmm, my grandma's house is spotless, She cleans twice a week, floors to ceiling (not so much now, but when my Mom was growing up, sure). My Mom never even cleaned her own room, it was done while she was at school or out on the farm. Growing up our house was never clean, I never saw my Mom clean, I mean the 'have to do' stuff eventually got done, but the house was always cluttered and the floors and counters were usually hidden. I can't help but think that if grandma had made mom clean sometimes that the skills would have been there, instead of her always just doing it for her and then assuming she'd "grow into it", later. btw she has grown into, now that she's in her fifties.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
no1 wrote:of course!







uh, doesn't everyone do that?



it depends. Bad lypsdexia day, maybe.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
KtCallista wrote:I had to deal with a ton of it last year. He's new this year so now he gets it. The lack of expected standards is probably the biggest thing hurting schools. You can try to integrate more science, math, and art, but you can't teach and lead those activities if the kids won't sit down, shut up, and keep their hands to themselves. Now you so much as look funny at a kid their mom comes rushing in to tell you that they are just a kid and that's normal behavior for them so you shouldn't expect anything else.

Oh hmm, my grandma's house is spotless, She cleans twice a week, floors to ceiling (not so much now, but when my Mom was growing up, sure). My Mom never even cleaned her own room, it was done while she was at school or out on the farm. Growing up our house was never clean, I never saw my Mom clean, I mean the 'have to do' stuff eventually got done, but the house was always cluttered and the floors and counters were usually hidden. I can't help but think that if grandma had made mom clean sometimes that the skills would have been there, instead of her always just doing it for her and then assuming she'd "grow into it", later. btw she has grown into, now that she's in her fifties.



I have to admit, my house is much cleaner and less cluttered now that it's just the two of us. When the kids were here, there wasn't a flat surface that could be seen. Several reasons. There was a lot more things that were more important to be done with my time. There's a lot more room now for "everything in its place." I have a discrete office now, where before papers were piled up; school papers, forms, everything.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:I have to admit, my house is much cleaner and less cluttered now that it's just the two of us. When the kids were here, there wasn't a flat surface that could be seen. Several reasons. There was a lot more things that were more important to be done with my time. There's a lot more room now for "everything in its place." I have a discrete office now, where before papers were piled up; school papers, forms, everything.



I very much understand this, and it's very true for me as well. My house needs a once over most of the time and I still don't know what to do with the small forest my daughter brings home each friday (all school papers come home on fridays). I also know that doing stuff for people never showed them how to do it, but sometimes the learning curve is a bit much when you get dumped in and expected to swim. I really feel for the kids whose moms are riding such short ropes that they never have to do anything themselves and so they do whatever they want only to eventually see how unfair life is, even if that means they're mom must die first. (which is a sad thought, but honestly, my FIL will never be forced to stand on his own until his mom is gone.)

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

wow it's chatty in here. As much as dname is pleading on cruzer's facebook page you'd think it was a race for Last Post or something.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

Turken


quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken
KtCallista wrote:(don't believe it spend a week at an elementary school where the Art teacher gets reprimanded for stopping a fist fight in his class because "My son would NEVER throw a punch, you must be lying")


"helicoptor parenting" is soooo 20th century. These days it's all about Predator Drone Parenting.


pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Turken wrote:"helicoptor parenting" is soooo 20th century. These days it's all about Predator Drone Parenting.



What's predator drone parenting?



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

And D'name's skipped out again.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:And D'name's skipped out again.



Did not.


See


I'm here.

I think

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Did not.


See


I'm here.

I think



When do you think you'll know for sure?



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:When do you think you'll know for sure?



Tomorrow

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Tomorrow



*sigh*



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:*sigh*




What?

Tomorrow is only 9 minutes from now.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

8

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

See. You aren't here either.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:8



Oh. Thought you were going to bed early again.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Oh. Thought you were going to bed early again.



I might.

Not a heck of a lot going on around here.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Watching South Park.


Did you know that broadway musicals were developed for bj's?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:I might.

Not a heck of a lot going on around here.




Sorry wrestling with bedtime for Ver3, plus I got another 4' of the wall mudded so we can get this darn living room project done and I can stop living in a construction zone hopefully before Christmas (realistically if it's like this at Thanksgiving I think I'll cry).

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:Sorry wrestling with bedtime for Ver3, plus I got another 4' of the wall mudded so we can get this darn living room project done and I can stop living in a construction zone hopefully before Christmas (realistically if it's like this at Thanksgiving I think I'll cry).



It is never finished.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Now I'm going to sleep.

See ya tomorrow. Maybe Cruzer will show up.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:It is never finished.



I know, but more finished, finished enough that i can put stuff back near the walls and away from my fireplace so I can have a nice fire.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

Beware the V'owls screech!

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Ok...big drama last evening @ the hospital.Found out from x ray tech that f-i-l had pneumonia. Gee don't you think they might want to have told someone? ?What else are they not telling us? F-i-l now feels that they are lying/hiding things from him.Physical therapists said something to piss of f-i-l and he decided he was checking himself out. Drs. aren't communicating with anyone...crazy night.
Mrs. Ice is going to have a pow wow with the Drs. today and hopefully get some answers.

Good morning all.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.