klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
dontwantaname wrote:The dog is our problem.

I'll take him. We'll go to dog park, dog beach, dog picnic grounds, etc. while you do the touristy stuff. He won't kill my cats will he?

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
Iceback wrote:Well if your looking for a real nut-job then vote for Perry next time.

Lord help us. If he is president is he going to say the entire US should secede from itself?

Edit: The above comment is commentary on his prior comments that TX should secede. Not trying to dive into political debate either.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
Iceback wrote:I could, but my home is here.A Canadian consevitive government is still left of the American namesake.At least I do always have that option, as well as the perspective on Perry that most of the country that hasn't lived in the state that he "governed" doesn't.

The point is - keep your politics to yourself . . . in here.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

kdccrosby

So, are all the East Coast folks prepared for Irene? I haven't seen the latest on where they think it's coming ashore. My mom said maybe as far north as NJ?

I have all of my hurricane supplies ready - which means we probably won't get one and it will remain above 100 until the end of September.

kdccrosby

I learned something today in our Gas Compressor 101 class today.

One of the gases other than methane in Natural Gas can smell like maple syrup.

However, if it is leaking, (and it shouldn't be) it can knock you out.

My thought was that at least I'd go down thinking of pancakes!

AZGman

kdccrosby wrote:So, are all the East Coast folks prepared for Irene? I haven't seen the latest on where they think it's coming ashore. My mom said maybe as far north as NJ?

I have all of my hurricane supplies ready - which means we probably won't get one and it will remain above 100 until the end of September.

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE . . . uh-gin!!!!

AZGman

kdccrosby wrote:I learned something today in our Gas Compressor 101 class today.

One of the gases other than methane in Natural Gas can smell like maple syrup.

However, if it is leaking, (and it shouldn't be) it can knock you out.

My thought was that at least I'd go down thinking of pancakes!

MMMmmm . . . gascakes!!!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
kdccrosby wrote:So, are all the East Coast folks prepared for Irene? I haven't seen the latest on where they think it's coming ashore. My mom said maybe as far north as NJ?

A lot further than New Jersey. This is the best one. You can enlarge it and it tells just about everything. Fascinates me for some reason.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26295161/ns/weather/

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
AZGman wrote:The point is - keep your politics to yourself . . . in here.

In this country I have the freedom to say as I choose.
You have the freedom to ignore me.
If I have broken the rules of Woot by expressing my OPINION then they have the right to ban me.

I love the fact that we all even have the right to be wrong and I can like my coservative friends anyway.

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady

We're supposed to be having good weather tomorrow.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

kdccrosby

AZGman wrote:MMMmmm . . . gascakes!!!

That's what you get after bad Mexican food too....

AZGman

Iceback wrote:In this country I have the freedom to say as I choose.
You have the freedom to ignore me.

I love the fact that we all even have the right to be wrong.

I'm not saying you're wrong. You seem not to appreciate that this is a social forum in which we have historically (and sensibly) avoided the contentious issues of societal differences.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

klozitshoper wrote:I'll take him. We'll go to dog park, dog beach, dog picnic grounds, etc. while you do the touristy stuff. He won't kill my cats will he?

No, but he will chase them.
He lived with a cat

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:A lot further than New Jersey. This is the best one. You can enlarge it and it tells just about everything. Fascinates me for some reason.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26295161/ns/weather/

That's a good one! I hadn't used that one before. I just didn't have any time to check it.

I'll admit I'm one of the people who watches the incessant OMGOMGOMGPONIESOMG I'M GOING TO DIE news coverage for weather issues.

I'm also prepared with my supplies for a storm. My sister never is. She ends up getting a few things at the last minute and ends up fine. Although with IKE she ended up using a lot of my stuff too.

AZGman

kdccrosby wrote:That's what you get after bad Mexican food too....

Or good Mexican food!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kdccrosby wrote:Lord help us. If he is president is he going to say the entire US should secede from itself?

Edit: The above comment is commentary on his prior comments that TX should secede. Not trying to dive into political debate either.

Why would you run if you wanted your state to secede? Palin's husband was active in trying to get Alaska to secede.

Isn't that the total opposite of love your country?

end of politics post

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:We're supposed to be having good weather tomorrow.

It's supposed to be between 107 - 110 on Sat. Side effect of Irene somehow.

Iceback

kdccrosby wrote:That's a good one! I hadn't used that one before. I just didn't have any time to check it.

I'll admit I'm one of the people who watches the incessant OMGOMGOMGPONIESOMG I'M GOING TO DIE news coverage for weather issues.

I'm also prepared with my supplies for a storm. My sister never is. She ends up getting a few things at the last minute and ends up fine. Although with IKE she ended up using a lot of my stuff too.

I have basic disaster supplies, I rather have them and never need them than need them and not have them.

kdccrosby

AZGman wrote:Or good Mexican food!!!

mmm... now I want Mexican food. I will have to go this weekend! And live with the gascakes after!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Well, Yammer's not deleted, but at least it appears locked.

Well, I wanted it and I should unlock it!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:That's a good one! I hadn't used that one before. I just didn't have any time to check it.

Well, yeah, she knows she doesn't have to because you will.

AZGman

After the last several posts, I believe it's time I sought another forum. It's clear my beliefs are not in keeping with the majority here.

May drop by once in awhile just to say howdy.

ciao 4 niao.

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:Well, I wanted it and I should unlock it!

keep it.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I can officially declare there are no D cell batteries for sale on Long Island.

Everyone is buying water. We had no power over a week once, when we were in college.
Hubby just lived with my family that week.

Nobody ran out of water. I pretty sure the water district can pump water in a blackout.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

AZGman wrote:After the last several posts, I believe it's time I sought another forum. It's clear my beliefs are not in keeping with the majority here.

ciao 4 niao.

//ignoring//

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:keep it.

pia

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:After the last several posts, I believe it's time I sought another forum. It's clear my beliefs are not in keeping with the majority here.

ciao 4 niao.

Go back and read a thread from years ago.

There was some politics. Just not a lot.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

klozitshoper

I put in several tattles when you weren't around - spammer on WOW. Have not checked in about half an hour.

Rusty is welcome here. One cat can outrun him, one needs the exercise, and the evil little shih tzu needs someone to challenge her. We will have a great time!

klozitshoper

ciao 4 niao.

Off the radar, sorry.

kdccrosby

oh nevermind.

kdccrosby

dontwantaname wrote:I can officially declare there are no D cell batteries for sale on Long Island.

Everyone is buying water. We had no power over a week once, when we were in college.
Hubby just lived with my family that week.

Nobody ran out of water. I pretty sure the water district can pump water in a blackout.

well at least fill up your bathtub when the storm is coming in, so that if you do lose water you at least have some to flush the potty

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:well at least fill up your bathtub when the storm is coming in, so that if you do lose water you at least have some to flush the potty

Yeah, I don't think I'd count on the water completely. If the waterworks plant takes a hit, you won't have any.

AND make sure all your laptops are constantly charged because if the electric goes, you still have to keep us updated.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Yeah, I don't think I'd count on the water completely. If the waterworks plant takes a hit, you won't have any.

AND make sure all your laptops are constantly charged because if the electric goes, you still have to keep us updated.

If the electric goes, the router goes.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:Yeah, I don't think I'd count on the water completely. If the waterworks plant takes a hit, you won't have any.

The only reason my neighborhood water dept didn't go out was because good 'ole boy rednecks work there. One called his cousin, who was drunk, in the middle of the storm to come up there and help fix something. He did, and we had water.

It was a true "hold my beer and watch this" moment.

Iceback

I just made a statement, you chose to make it personal.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:If the electric goes, the router goes.

Oh.

Iceback

dontwantaname wrote:If the electric goes, the router goes.

that's why you need a smartphone or a generator

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:that's why you need a smartphone or a generator

A few people on the block have generators. They are so damn loud.
In laws have a gas one, hooked directly into the gas line.
He has never had to use it. Most likely it won't work when he needs it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

dontwantaname wrote:A few people on the block have generators. They are so damn loud.
In laws have a gas one, hooked directly into the gas line.
He has never had to use it. Most likely it won't work when he needs it.

Part of the upkeep of a generator is to exercise it once a month so when the time comes that you need it odds are better that it'll work.

Iceback

Iceback wrote:Part of the upkeep of a generator is to exercise it once a month so when the time comes that you need it odds are better that it'll work.

I have got one after we lost power here for 18 hours during a heat wave. We have also lost power during cold weather. The power grid is fairly fragile and all it takes is an unusual load and a few mechanical failures to start rolling blackouts.