cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
pooflady wrote:Yep, I think you picked the wrong week. Cleanup is going to take a long time.

Yup. I'm waiting for someone to say to cancel the trip

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
pooflady wrote:Down to a Category 2, that has to help. And I think they said Category 1 in NYC.

I think they're expecting it to increase to a 3 again before it hits up here. then drop back to a 1 before it destroys NYC

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
dontwantaname wrote:If the electric goes, the router goes.

Can't you use your IPad to post updates? That doesn't need your router, does it?

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
lplady wrote:Can't you use your IPad to post updates? That doesn't need your router, does it?

//snort//

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

cruzer

pooflady wrote://snort//

dname pays for 3G ipad service?

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
cruzer wrote:dname pays for 3G ipad service?

hey dude, long time no c! you prolly have a million other things on your plate of higher priority, but mrs. 1 was wondering if there's going to be an nfl pickem this year. so far i've told her i hadn't seen you around much and to wait and see...

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Iceback wrote:No. Problem. We all have our moments.

surely not. i am always pleasant and smell faintly of cookies.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

What a long boring-ass day!! All our 'puters were offline the entire day!!!

Afternoon, folks.

joyner - no need for us to evacuate; we're expecting pretty much the same conditions j'phus described.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman

The 2 pm path probability cone looks like Irene did shift a tad East so perhaps it'll only "graze" us!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Mayor just ordered mandatory evac for low-laying areas of Manhattan.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi

it's gonna go where it's gonna go

just got a text from my cousin in NJ that there is no gas to be found.

better get to the store or there won't be any bread milk eggs water yadda yadda yadda

*sigh* I can understand the warnings and wanting people to be prepared but the hype....oh Lordy, the hype......

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:Mayor just ordered mandatory evac for low-laying areas of Manhattan.

I know D'name's on Long Island, is that one of the boroughs, too?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman

Lynnzoi wrote:it's gonna go where it's gonna go

better get to the store or there won't be any bread milk eggs water yadda yadda yadda

*sigh* I can understand the warnings and wanting people to be prepared but the hype....oh Lordy, the hype......

You got that right!

And we still have people here wetting their pants over our baby quake!!!

pooflady

AZGman wrote:You got that right!

And we still have people here wetting their pants over our baby quake!!!

But if it changes and hits really hard, thousands of people will be whining and crying that they didn't know it was going to be bad.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
pooflady wrote:I know D'name's on Long Island, is that one of the boroughs, too?

It just depends. It's just the low lying areas in Zone A, so from what she's said about distance from the coast, I don't think so.

News Article

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

crowsnest

quality posts: 53 Private Messages crowsnest
Lynnzoi wrote:it's gonna go where it's gonna go

You should have seen it here after Katrina hit. I personally saw fights at the gas pumps and grocery store! The really sad part is we are 3.5 hours north of the coast!

@crowsnest531

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
AZGman wrote://backpedals

//pulls foot out of mouth; head out of ass

//eats crow

Mornin', folks.

whew! be sure and wash your hair. Mine's always a mess after being up my ass, which happens often enough

AZGman

kdccrosby wrote:whew! be sure and wash your hair. Mine's always a mess after being up my ass, which happens often enough

hyuk! I did . . . several times!

Although my breath still has a hint of toe jam on it despite repeated brushing and a roll of Certs!!

cruzer

no1 wrote:hey dude, long time no c! you prolly have a million other things on your plate of higher priority, but mrs. 1 was wondering if there's going to be an nfl pickem this year. so far i've told her i hadn't seen you around much and to wait and see...

I have the load file ready to go. I just haven't put it in the database yet. I'll get to work on that some time this weekend hopefully.

I'm not too excited about the cost of hosting, but it's not that bad, really. I should move to another host to get the better deals but I'm too lazy to move all of my stuff.

kdccrosby

AZGman wrote:hyuk! I did . . . several times!

Although my breath still has a hint of toe jam on it despite repeated brushing and a roll of Certs!!

Time to pull out the old time Listerine then!

kdccrosby

I think it's always better to over-prepare for a hurricane. And as for the storm being downgraded to a 2, so was IKE. Just ask the people on the Bolivar peninsula about riding that out with the storm surge.

Oh wait, you can't. It was leveled completely.

I'm not ridiculous about it and won't evacuate unless told to, but I no longer scoff at the power of a hurricane. I make sure I have enough food & water for three days

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

I hope everything goes well for all you on the East.

Had to go in for a meeting with three grad students who are going to be using my web stuff, one of them is expecting her parents from back that direction, and there is fear that their flight (today) is going to be canceled because of the weather. I thought they'd be helping people get out? I guess they have to secure the airports? Wouldn't bringing a plane to Washington help?

Gotta go run in some forms, bbl.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I am the proud owner of $150 of none perishable food.
Of course, I went to the local, small supermarket. I'm sure I could have gotten the same food for 30 bucks less.

I have also figured out a system of making blocks of ice in zip lock bags.
I have two refrigerator freezers full of ice!

If I had only bought D cell batteries last month, I would be golden!

After we shower on Sunday, I'll do the bathtub full of water thing. Honestly, I don't think we will need it.

Biggest worry now is , will Rusty go out in the rain to poo and pee?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
dontwantaname wrote:I am the proud owner of $150 of none perishable food.
Of course, I went to the local, small supermarket. I'm sure I could have gotten the same food for 30 bucks less.

After we shower on Sunday, I'll do the bathtub full of water thing. Honestly, I don't think we will need it.

You're better set than a lot of people. It's better to err on the side of safety in this case I think.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman

kdccrosby wrote:Time to pull out the old time Listerine then!

or Cepacol!!!! (gag)

pooflady

Okay, dinner's over. Lots of proofing, so I'll be sitting here for the rest of the evening. Anybody else home?

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
pooflady wrote:Okay, dinner's over. Lots of proofing, so I'll be sitting here for the rest of the evening. Anybody else home?

about to have a late dinner. Irene took a step to the east at the 8:00 update, so Yay!

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
pooflady wrote:Okay, dinner's over. Lots of proofing, so I'll be sitting here for the rest of the evening. Anybody else home?

I'm around for a bit

In the end only kindness matters

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

The sons emptied the walk-in attic yesterday. Son and I just repacked it tighter than it was so lots more fit in. It was attic tetris. No storage unit needed! Woohoo! Still a couple more boxes of ex's books to pack up but we're close to clearing out my upstairs!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pooflady

Josephus wrote:about to have a late dinner. Irene took a step to the east at the 8:00 update, so Yay!

Yay.

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:The sons emptied the walk-in attic yesterday. Son and I just repacked it tighter than it was so lots more fit in. It was attic tetris. No storage unit needed! Woohoo! Still a couple more boxes of ex's books to pack up but we're close to clearing out my upstairs!

Will it be done before you leave?

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:I am the proud owner of $150 of none perishable food.

You are quite the organizer. Good job!

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Will it be done before you leave?

Yep, we're taking an hour break and going at it again. We're really close. Still need to ship a box off to family in WI but son can do that next week once we finish packing it.

FORUM MODERATOR

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:You are quite the organizer. Good job!

Because, no matter what hubby says, the more you have, the less likely you will need to use it!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

I know I'm here; k'bing acknowledged my existence...

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I know D'name's on Long Island, is that one of the boroughs, too?

The problem with down town manhattan is it is a dead end if there is a storm surge.
Staten island and long island are at the mouth on NY harbor and manhattan is a few miles further up. If the surge goes into the harbor, it is sort of trapped and will flood lower manhattan.

Most of the south coast of long island, from Brooklyn to the east end (about 120 miles) is low.
NYC wants everyone in the low part out.
Nassau county wants every one out. Not mandatory, just a suggestion to visit someone further from the water and higher.

Even a few pplaces on the north shore are low, but not as many.

Long island is the end of the glacier. The north shore tends to be high. It was all the rubble being pushed ahead of the ice.
The south shore is lower.
The official name is the terminal moraine and the out wash plain.

I sat in on a geology lesson of hubby's . For some reason I remember that.

Now, where they are going to put everyone in Brooklyn I have no clue. Those neighborhoods are mostly high rise apts. Lots of people!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

AZGman wrote:I'm here if anybody other than k'bing will acknowledge my presence.

Hello.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:You're right. I was in a pissy mood yesterday.

My apologies.

Welcome back! I tired to unlock yammer, but it didn't work.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:I know I'm here;k 'bing acknowledged my existence...

Goes two ways, dude. Yo.

FORUM MODERATOR

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

lplady wrote:Can't you use your IPad to post updates? That doesn't need your router, does it?

Yeah it does.
Besides it hates me.

I was watching a not-quite-3-year-old playing with an iphone.
I realize that if she had the passwords to order apps, she would be fine on my iPad. At 2 1/2

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!