ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Howdy howdy. How's it going? Not much new to report here except son has decided to sell off most of the 15 boxes of comics we found in his dad's house. So all we have to do is estimate a worth and then figure out how to sell them as a lot (e.g. in bulk).

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Howdy howdy. How's it going? Not much new to report here except son has decided to sell off most of the 15 boxes of comics we found in his dad's house. So all we have to do is estimate a worth and then figure out how to sell them as a lot (e.g. in bulk).

Well, the way things have been going for you, no news is good news!

How do you feel?

When does son go back to school?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
ThunderThighs wrote:Howdy howdy. How's it going? Not much new to report here except son has decided to sell off most of the 15 boxes of comics we found in his dad's house. So all we have to do is estimate a worth and then figure out how to sell them as a lot (e.g. in bulk).

Can you get them appraised?

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Well, the way things have been going for you, no news is good news!

How do you feel?

When does son go back to school?

No kidding. Feeling a lot better today. Went to bed at 7pm last night and slept through until morning. That helped tons.

We're going to drive off Labor Day weekend and do a few days at DisneyWorld. He starts the week after that.

pooflady wrote:Can you get them appraised?

Nah, not worth that. We're using a site that someone recommended and just getting approximate values so we're not totally screwing up.

We did find one worth $500 though. Obviously that one has been put aside.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Nah, not worth that. We're using a site that someone recommended and just getting approximate values so we're not totally screwing up.

That helps.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Nah, not worth that. We're using a site that someone recommended and just getting approximate values so we're not totally screwing up.

Every collection is like that. Mostly junk and a handful of gems.

I know that the three comic book store guys around here are not nice. Just like the Comic book guy on the Simpson.

Too bad. It would be nice if you could find one that would thumb through the bulk ones and make sure you aren't getting rid of one of the good ones.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Every collection is like that. Mostly junk and a handful of gems.

I know that the three comic book store guys around here are not nice. Just like the Comic book guy on the Simpson.

Too bad. It would be nice if you could find one that would thumb through the bulk ones and make sure you aren't getting rid of one of the good ones.

Yeah, the comic book place we stopped at to buy boxes said they were probably only worth $1 a piece. For the most part, he's right or at least worth only face value. Still, we barely made a dent and went through 180 comics tonight.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Yeah, the comic book place we stopped at to buy boxes said they were probably only worth $1 a piece. For the most part, he's right or at least worth only face value. Still, we barely made a dent and went through 180 comics tonight.

There might be a few more $500 ones in there. Certainly worth looking through them.

pooflady

I'm cleaning out an instruction folder that has a bunch of stuff from the old computer and whatever that OS was. Are my Screaming Monkey instructions still good?

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:I'm cleaning out an instruction folder that has a bunch of stuff from the old computer and whatever that OS was. Are my Screaming Monkey instructions still good?

Well, if you needed the instructions at all, maybe you better keep 'em.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:There might be a few more $500 ones in there. Certainly worth looking through them.

Not so many in this batch since they're most 80s & 90s. His old comics are in WI.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Well, if you needed the instructions at all, maybe you better keep 'em.

They're back in the file.

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Not so many in this batch since they're most 80s & 90s. His old comics are in WI.

Aren't those son's, too?

Help, what am I doing wrong? I want to take a picture from Google Images and post it in Woot. I'm in FF (because that's what I have instructions for). Right click on picture. Click on :Copy Image Location. Go to Woot. Paste it between [IMG]. I'm just getting a pile of numbers.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Aren't those son's, too?

Help, what am I doing wrong? I want to take a picture from Google Images and post it in Woot. I'm in FF (because that's what I have instructions for). Right click on picture. Click on :Copy Image Location. Go to Woot. Paste it between [IMG]. I'm just getting a pile of numbers.

don't do it from the google page thumbnails. click on the image you want and wait for your browser to display the "closeup."

pooflady

Happy Birthday, Kid.

pooflady

no1 wrote:don't do it from the google page thumbnails. click on the image you want and wait for your browser to display the "closeup."

Thanks, 1.

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Thanks, 1.

you're welcome.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Happy Birthday Kid!
Good morning to everyone else.

I have today off so doing some stuff here then going into work to do some paper work before it gets too hot.

In the end only kindness matters

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:Happy Birthday, Kid.

PRETTY!!!

Thanks Poof!

kdccrosby

Iceback wrote:Happy Birthday Kid!
Good morning to everyone else.

I have today off so doing some stuff here then going into work to do some paper work before it gets too hot.

Thanks!

Morning. Today is my regular Friday to work, so it's off to the ole madhouse in a few minutes.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! I took Daughter shopping yesterday so we wouldn't have to go this weekend. This is the sales tax free weekend. Malls are usually super crowded. Daughter wants to go back today. Aughhhhhh!!!!!!

edit: Happy Birthday Kid!!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Morning!

Happy Birthday, kid. Did I tell you, I have a friend in Texas with the same last name as you?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

pooflady

joyner wrote:Good morning everybody! I took Daughter shopping yesterday so we wouldn't have to go this weekend. This is the sales tax free weekend. Malls are usually super crowded. Daughter wants to go back today. Aughhhhhh!!!!!!

edit: Happy Birthday Kid!!

I wish Ohio had a tax free weekend.

Good morning, all.

kdccrosby

Mavyn wrote:Morning!

Happy Birthday, kid. Did I tell you, I have a friend in Texas with the same last name as you?

really? What part of TX? I think there was a line on my family tree that went to the Dallas area. we could be related!

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:I wish Ohio had a tax free weekend.

Good morning, all.

It was great the first couple of times. After that it becomes a balance of "Do I want to fight that crowd" vs 8.25% savings.

Although there are generally pretty great sales that same weekend.

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:It was great the first couple of times. After that it becomes a balance of "Do I want to fight that crowd" vs 8.25% savings.

Although there are generally pretty great sales that same weekend.

Ouch, our sales tax is 6.5.

kdccrosby

favorite facebook status today:

"If people were meant to pop out of bed in the mornings, we'd all sleep in toasters."

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Morning all!
Happy Birthday person I don't know!

Sales tax weekend here also.
I'm thinking to take my newly purchased iPad back to customer service for a 7% discount. :D

move along

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
kdccrosby wrote:really? What part of TX? I think there was a line on my family tree that went to the Dallas area. we could be related!

Whoa...He's in the Dallas area!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
pooflady wrote:The back pain's never been brought on by anything strenuous. This time I picked my purse (not all that heavy) up off the floor. I need to strengthen those back muscles.

I thought the corrective action for back pain was to strengthen the ab muscles.

move along

Iceback

pooflady wrote:Ouch, our sales tax is 6.5.

We don't have a state income tax so it has to be made up somehow.

pooflady

Iceback wrote:We don't have a state income tax so it has to be made up somehow.

Ah. Then we're probably paying more than you overall.

Iceback

pooflady wrote:Ah. Then we're probably paying more than you overall.

I have no idea..I'm told it all works out about the same. The governor seems pretty proud of it.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

TT: You are driving from Dallas area to Orlando?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KID!!!!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

klozitshoper wrote:TT: You are driving from Dallas area to Orlando?

Didn't Cruzer just do this? Or did they fly? But you've done this before, right?

kdccrosby

Mavyn wrote:Whoa...He's in the Dallas area!

If his dad , granpa or a relative was a doctor then it could be! My Grandpa's brother was a doctor in Dallas.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Happy Birthday kdc!!!!!! I hope it's a great one even though you have/had to go to work!

Tax here is 6%, on the other side of the border (edge of town) it goes up to 7%, but it fluctuates by city in that state, where Costco is it's only 6.5%

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

HAPPY B'DAY, K'BING!!!!!

Afternoon, folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.