6%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

micaelaanna

quality posts: 14 Private Messages micaelaanna

Bought this TV on the last deal and so far it is working great!

Roy33sakic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Roy33sakic

What the hell is a Silo?

That sure is a nice price...

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

Looks as if he's practicing his hook. The way that he has his right hand is called the mug position. Like holding a beer mug.

that was fun while it lasted!

cyrusjumpjet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyrusjumpjet

How much does it hz?

iddibbiddibay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iddibbiddibay

What is a Silo?

haveabigjohnson

quality posts: 11 Private Messages haveabigjohnson

Just like the TV I bought, I don't see the S-Video connection on this one either!

Pael

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pael
cyrusjumpjet wrote:How much does it hz?

Looks like 60Hz, according to an earlier deal with Woot for this same item: http://www.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=17906

jsidrys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsidrys

I've been waiting a while for a nice sized HD TV on woot and now that it's here I just can't pull the trigger

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
cyrusjumpjet wrote:How much does it hz?

60hz

Armagedon

quality posts: 106 Private Messages Armagedon

stupidone0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stupidone0

Dagnabbit. I got the 40"-er for $385 a few months ago, this is a better dollar-to inch ratio!! But I can't complain, it runs CoD:Blops fine and looks nice at 1080p via HDMI on Xbox. Speakers are very tinny, however, so upgrade quickly. Or use a headset.

hambone8922

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hambone8922
micaelaanna wrote:Bought this TV on the last deal and so far it is working great!

How would you say the picture quality is? I'm thinking about getting it even though I've never heard of this company.

Roy33sakic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Roy33sakic

The lack of reviews just about everywhere is a little worrying.

benstortz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages benstortz

Good bedroom size.

kuma99

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kuma99

Is this LED back-lit?

micaelaanna

hambone8922 wrote:How would you say the picture quality is? I'm thinking about getting it even though I've never heard of this company.

Picture quality is decent for the price. Nothing extravagant, but gets the job done, and done quite well (in my opinion). Must say, it needs the HD cable connected to get the best picture available (as I am sure this is a given, yet something I did not realize until we were setting it up). It is able to swivel and turn directions. Probably could do a 360, but we haven't tried that one yet... For what we use it for, it works great. Woot woot!

wootvan

quality posts: 63 Private Messages wootvan

It looks like a black and white picture which takes me back to my youth. Anyone else here remember the first show they saw in color?

Mine was "Walt Disney's Wonerful World of Color."

hambone8922

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hambone8922
stupidone0 wrote:Dagnabbit. I got the 40"-er for $385 a few months ago, this is a better dollar-to inch ratio!! But I can't complain, it runs CoD:Blops fine and looks nice at 1080p via HDMI on Xbox. Speakers are very tinny, however, so upgrade quickly. Or use a headset.

How is the motion blur? Notice it at all on 360?

jiltant

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jiltant

I love you, Woot, but I have a confession.

I'm... a little tired of televisions, monitors, and vacuum cleaners.

My house is really, REALLY clean now and I'm very entertained watching my favorite shows on fourteen different HDTVs I've bought from you while I clean the floor all day with a dyson (that I've bought from you) in each hand, dodging the roombas (purchased, coincidentally, at one woot.com) that are darting around beneath my feet like stray kittens.

When the neigbhors start to complain about the noise from all the vacuuming, I play on one of the eighty-three new or refurb laptops stationed around the house that I've bought from you.

I miss two-for-tuesday, and I miss the small things. I miss the $4 memory cards, I miss the cheap little gadgets. It's the little things, Woot. My pocketbook is near empty and the electric bill from all of these devices is killing me. Sometimes, it's all I can do to bring myself to play with one of the eighteen boxes of buckyballs I've bought from you to fend off the sadness.

Woot... are you breaking up with me? Be honest. I know I'm not as well-off as I used to be. I spent it all buying heavily discounted - but still expensive - major consumer electronic devices from you, and now I can't keep up anymore. But you keep on selling them and I keep trying to buy what you're selling, but I just can't anymore. Is that the way you wanted it? Maybe you could've just, you know, talked to me a little, first. Good communication is key to a great relationship, and I'm feeling out of touch. Even your snarky, fun product information hasn't been able to cheer me up lately. I'd like to say it's not you, it's me - but is it, really? I'm feeling pushed away, Woot. Left behind. Is that the way you want it to be?

I'll be in my room, sobbing gently into a pile of random shirt.Woots, if you.. if you need anything from me, Woot. If you even want anything from me anymore.

bmwjerry

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bmwjerry

How long does it take to change channels on this tv? Is there some spec on that? & Why do tv's today take so long to change channels, anyway? My Sony Trintron (yes it still works and it's 30 yrs old) changes almost instantaneously, I can speed surf through ten channels in the time it takes to change one channel on the new improved tv. What gives??

gutefahrt

jose2764

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jose2764
jsidrys wrote:I've been waiting a while for a nice sized HD TV on woot and now that it's here I just can't pull the trigger

I'm having the same problem "/ ... I've just never heard of Silo before so I'm kind of nervous

pjeffy

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pjeffy

Wow...that is a silly price for a 42 incher. How is the picture vs a Vizio or other low price brand?

Armagedon

quality posts: 106 Private Messages Armagedon

Can't decide between LCD vs LED vs Plasma vs rear projection? Cnet tries to help.

Here's another article from PC mag that compares these types of TVs.

Out of both, it seems that LEDs are clear winners. However, LEDs do tend to cost a little more, but PC mag says "Pay the premium and get an LED-lit HDTV. "

timschluter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timschluter
iddibbiddibay wrote:What is a Silo?

It's a storage container for silage, a fermented, high-moisture fodder that can be fed to ruminants or used as a biofuel feedstock for anaerobic digesters.

You can read all about them at their website- www.silodigital.net

ionman

quality posts: 21 Private Messages ionman

Just a note about the VESA mount. The size given is not part of the VESA specification. (See this Wikipedia LINK.)

A common VESA mount size for a 42" TV would be 400mm X 400mm. A bit of math shows that's close to 15.75" x 15.75".

The specs here are listing in inches first as 15.25" (387mm). My guess is that the 15.25" is wrong, then the 387mm was calculated by using that incorrect measurement.

terryw

quality posts: 1 Private Messages terryw
bmwjerry wrote:How long does it take to change channels on this tv? Is there some spec on that? & Why do tv's today take so long to change channels, anyway? My Sony Trintron (yes it still works and it's 30 yrs old) changes almost instantaneously, I can speed surf through ten channels in the time it takes to change one channel on the new improved tv. What gives??

That's because your old TV is only processing the old analog TV signal. Not trying to anticipate the switch between 4 different formats now available in HD. Its like saying my old 286 PC did great with pong! why cant my new PC operate as fast with all the new software, video streaming, etc ???

mbphipps

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbphipps

here's a review: http://www.technupower.com/silo-ltsl4267f-42-inch-1080p-lcd-hdtv-791.html

equazcion

quality posts: 65 Private Messages equazcion
jiltant wrote:I love you, Woot, but I have a confession.

My house is really, REALLY clean now and I'm very entertained watching my favorite shows on fourteen different HDTVs I've bought from you while I clean the floor all day with a dyson (that I've bought from you) in each hand, dodging the roombas (purchased, coincidentally, at one woot.com) that are darting around beneath my feet like stray kittens.

When the neigbhors start to complain about the noise from all the vacuuming, I play on one of the eighty-three new or refurb laptops stationed around the house that I've bought from you.

I miss two-for-tuesday, and I miss the small things. I miss the $4 memory cards, I miss the cheap little gadgets. It's the little things, Woot. My pocketbook is near empty and the electric bill from all of these devices is killing me. Sometimes, it's all I can do to bring myself to play with one of the eighteen boxes of buckyballs I've bought from you to fend off the sadness.

Woot... are you breaking up with me? Be honest. I know I'm not as well-off as I used to be. I spent it all buying heavily discounted - but still expensive - major consumer electronic devices from you, and now I can't keep up anymore. But you keep on selling them and I keep trying to buy what you're selling, but I just can't anymore. Is that the way you wanted it? Maybe you could've just, you know, talked to me a little, first. Good communication is key to a great relationship, and I'm feeling out of touch. Even your snarky, fun product information hasn't been able to cheer me up lately. I'd like to say it's not you, it's me - but is it, really? I'm feeling pushed away, Woot. Left behind. Is that the way you want it to be?

I'll be in my room, sobbing gently into a pile of random shirt.Woots, if you.. if you need anything from me, Woot. If you even want anything from me anymore.

It's pretty amazing that your username is "jiltant". Did you anticipate writing a letter like this when you made that name back in '07?

Have you been eating that sandwich again?

ionman

quality posts: 21 Private Messages ionman

I actually helped a friend hook up one of these about a week ago. The picture is quite acceptable (they had not changed the factory settings at all yet) for an LCD TV, especially in this price range.

One thing I noticed was that that the component connectors are labeled in the on-screen input select menu as YPbPr1 and YPbPr2. Not a huge deal, but I would prefer "Component 1" and "Component 2".

It's much easier to say "you can watch the DVD player on Component 2" then saying "watch the DVD player on YPbPr2".

Alfredenigma

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Alfredenigma

Great deals on a 42 inch reviews seem pretty solid looks like its time to use one of those free shipping codes woot awarded me!

noop

gravythis28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gravythis28

I'm transfering to VT this fall and was meaning to buy a TV for the new apartment. What luck that I get on woot today of all days, I was dreading the scavenger hunt for a cheap 32". My only concern is the brand. Silo? But I guess sometimes you just have to roll the dice.

sethradz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sethradz

Does anyone know how this is on power and heat output? I have a small room in which the central air does not reach very well, so my current samsung 40 inch 720p old t.v. bloooows. Also, is the 6ms response time common on t.v.s this size as I know with computer monitors I always was looking for 2ms response time. The primary use for this t.v. will be gaming so I felt that may be a factor. If anyone has any experience, let me know.

Thanks!
Seth

wclements

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wclements
jiltant wrote:I love you, Woot, but I have a confession.

LOVE IT!

And, add computers to the list. There's only so many computers I can reasonably use at one time. Let's see... I personally own 5 for my own use, and I own a tablet. At most I can use 2 at once. lol.

Will

stevenschuhly

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stevenschuhly

Well, according to their website they are out of California http://www.silodigital.net/about.php

From what I can tell they've been around at least since early 2009, the website is fairly simplistic, this is indicative of a fairly small company (compared to the big box brands).

I've only found one bad review (it's from early 2009) here

Take in to consideration that the parts are likely made outside the U.S., and then probably assembled or packaged in CA. They are a smaller company, local residents may have better luck as far as repairs and warranty service goes.

There are benefits however, support is probably a few regular guys sitting in the office, limited hours, but likely friendly and intimate service.

My friend actually has one of these (bought a couple of years ago). The T.V. works fine, looks fine as well, nothing spectacular. The remote was abysmal, we went and got a universal one immediately, which was a pain, as Silo isn't a big enough name to have an programming number assigned to it. We eventually got it working with the Orion code. That may be a hint to who "actually" makes these T.V.'s.

Edit: Upon further inspection, there may be a chance that RCA is manufacturing these as well.

micaelaanna

stevenschuhly wrote:Well, according to their website they are out of California http://www.silodigital.net/about.php

From what I can tell they've been around at least since early 2009, the website is fairly simplistic, this is indicative of a fairly small company (compared to the big box brands).

I've only found one bad review (it's from early 2009) here

Take in to consideration that the parts are likely made outside the U.S., and then probably assembled or packaged in CA. They are a smaller company, local residents may have better luck as far as repairs and warranty service goes.

There are benefits however, support is probably a few regular guys sitting in the office, limited hours, but likely friendly and intimate service.

My friend actually has one of these (bought a couple of years ago). The T.V. works fine, looks fine as well, nothing spectacular. The remote was abysmal, we went and got a universal one immediately, which was a pain, as Silo isn't a big enough name to have an programming number assigned to it. We eventually got it working with the Orion code. That may be a hint to who "actually" makes these T.V.'s.

Good info with the remote. Thanks. I am actually tempted to purchase a second one, but I must contain myself...

imsochady

quality posts: 30 Private Messages imsochady

Nice to be back!

steiner53

quality posts: 2 Private Messages steiner53

The comments from a previous woot are not very content...
http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4510578&PageIndex=4&ReplyCount=157

equazcion

quality posts: 65 Private Messages equazcion

If you're wondering if you're the only one who's never heard of the brand (except perhaps from Woot), rest assured you're not alone. It's just that comments complaining about that have been deleted.

Have you been eating that sandwich again?

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
haveabigjohnson wrote:Just like the TV I bought, I don't see the S-Video connection on this one either!

I believe it's just to the left of the VGA port, in the picture of the ports on the back; are you saying you have this TV and yours doesn't have an S-Video port?

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT