psywiped

quality posts: 2 Private Messages psywiped
MRomeo10 wrote:When the Xoom was yesterday's Woot, I did a lot of quick research before I dropped the $400, and after a quick trip to Best Buy, I found that the Thrive and Xoom were pretty similarly spec'd, but the Thrive just felt more solid, which, in my opinion, doesn't quite justify the added cost of the Thrive. Xoom ftw.

New Thrive with usb host a full size SD slot and full size HDMI vs refirb xoom

humm

drewz05

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drewz05

Ponies are evil creatures

Who would want to beat up Care Bears?

mattwho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattwho

I was just looking at these at the local electronics retailer. Considering including tax this is $150 off retail I think it's a good deal.

MrJazz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrJazz
eldiablohijo wrote:I'd pay $250, but not $400.

I'll go $299!

wasserkapf

quality posts: 19 Private Messages wasserkapf
psywiped wrote:The screen is signifanly better but that's the only thing that is.

This also has Android 3.2, which the G-tablet will never officially have.

phuckyui

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phuckyui
MrJazz wrote:I'll go $299!

I know!, woot drop the price!

charwoman

quality posts: 9 Private Messages charwoman
Batman4oz wrote:My favorite frosting is Very Difficult to make, and sometimes you have to throw it away and start over! You boil Karo syrup and sugar to a certain consistency, and then Slowly pour it into whipped egg whites...IF it Doesn't Clump...it makes the Best White Frosting Ever!!

^^X^^

baby, i've got a crush on you...

promyst

quality posts: 30 Private Messages promyst
wasserkapf wrote:This also has Android 3.2, which the G-tablet will never officially have.

G-Tablet users have XDA Devs for that

Support the Open Web

WootsJohnson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WootsJohnson

The only things that remotely interested me blinked off in like a second. WEHT Woot??

ssbotanybay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ssbotanybay

Having a hard time pulling the trigger on this one.

pa28pilot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pa28pilot
brasssong wrote:Hey nowwww. Make it stop please. What's with the fracking Ponies?

Nice split window. What model year is that?

omh1009

quality posts: 7 Private Messages omh1009

Is it safe to say that the official Bundle of Crops time has passed?

And we should tune in tomorrow to wait for it?

(if at all, this woot-off is too close to the anniversary bag)

Pinged from Newark NJ, to Fort Worth Texas.

wasserkapf

wasserkapf wrote:I'm crushing my empties while I ponder purchasing.

If these are still up after I chug a few more beers, I'm buying!

*BURP*

Batman4oz

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Batman4oz

And..as much as I would Love to have one of expensive little soon-to-be-electric-Etch-A-Sketch devices....
my Epson photo scanner just died...cost to fix: $195 (cost paid: $80!)
Cost of replacement/newer model: $127
Cost of Gas to drive from AZ to CA for a Memorial Service last week: $200
Cost of Motel: $200

Monthly Income: $1600

Just talked myself out of buying this.

^^X^^

Wooting for Bat Capes
JUDY-ism...the Only Religion I need!
WWJD...What Would JUDY Do?!
thebatcaveofoz.us
^^X^^

tigerxchaos

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tigerxchaos
Armagedon wrote:If you watched it, you would understand!
But, to humor you...

As a matter of fact, I did try the pilot when people started raving about it. I figured there had to be something that appealed to adults, like the recent trend towards embedded adult humor in Pixar movies and so on.

For a kids' show, it's well done and stands above most of the banal filth that's pumped into children these days. But as a well-adjusted adult, who already has a developed sense of "right" and "wrong", it doesn't offer me anything to be particularly interested in.

What you like isn't for me to judge, but it's silly to go obsessing and defending your enjoyment of the show on the internet, because you really shouldn't care about the opinions of the vitriolic basement-dwelling masses that usually inhabit internet forums.

mumba2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mumba2
ssbotanybay wrote:Having a hard time pulling the trigger on this one.

were you able to pull the trigger on the knife?

Moribund

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Moribund
drewz05 wrote:Ponies are evil creatures

I would!

Drupy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Drupy

is one able to play all hulu content on android 3.0 or only select shows like on xbox360?

phuckyui

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phuckyui
ssbotanybay wrote:Having a hard time pulling the trigger on this one.

I would too if my wife looked like yours

wasserkapf

Please, stop the pony crap!!

squane123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages squane123

Atleast they didnt change the price. That would have really angered me since I bought one yesterday at that price.

esbaylus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages esbaylus

Zoom, Thrive.... almost sounds X Rated ( or at least PG-13)...

cyb3rshark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyb3rshark

A XOOM for this price is like a second christmas!

gabesmalley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gabesmalley
R&D wrote:Can you read 'Barnes and Noble' e-books? I have a Nook Color, but don't want to buy this if I can't download my books.

Yes.

jupstin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jupstin

Am I the only person who thinks "XOOM" could reasonably be pronounced "exhume"

brasssong

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brasssong
pa28pilot wrote:Nice split window. What model year is that?

slkygrl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages slkygrl
betterway86 wrote:Awesome product description! Tell me everyone caught the radiohead reference...

I did. Radiohead made me throw up in my mouth. But just a little. Now kiss me and I will buy a piece of crap

From Edna St. Vincent Millay:
SECOND FIG
SAFE upon the solid rock the ugly houses stand:
Come and see my shining palace built upon the sand!

Keep on Dreaming!
slkygrl

paigeorose92

quality posts: 14 Private Messages paigeorose92
moxxee wrote:

I just wanted to let you know that my dog's name is Moxie. I feel a certain bond to you now.

Big Orphaned Cetacea 6.15.11
Bundle of Carrots 11.9.11
Brick of Carbonite 5.23.12

tigerxchaos

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tigerxchaos
cyb3rshark wrote:A XOOM for this price is like a second christmas!

Cool, I didn't realize yesterday was Christmas.

moxxee

quality posts: 13 Private Messages moxxee
paigeorose92 wrote:I just wanted to let you know that my dog's name is Moxie. I feel a certain bond to you now.

Fantastic! I'm...flattered! (Blushes) Is your dog addicted to coffee as well?

lunarparcel

quality posts: 9 Private Messages lunarparcel

I had one of these for several days for product review, and I really liked it a lot. it's not perfect by a long shot, but quite nice. I'd probably pull the trigger on this deal if it was $100 cheaper.

But what probably concerns me the most is that, for a relatively new product, there are already so many re-furbished units they are trying so hard to move.

That, and the fact that industry stats indicate that sales are considered abysmal for this product. First quarter manufacturing put in for 800,000 units, with an anticipated 5 million units sold during 1rst year. Unfortunately, they were only able to move between 5 - 15% of those first quarter units with tons more growing moss in stockrooms - and considering this activity on Woot, many of those sold have already been returned for re-furb sales.

Not a very good sign, IMO.

betterway86

quality posts: 1 Private Messages betterway86
slkygrl wrote:I did. Radiohead made me throw up in my mouth. But just a little. Now kiss me and I will buy a piece of crap

Not after you threw up in your mouth...wash that thing out and we will talk about it.

frescamoe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages frescamoe

Reminds me of a Mazda commerical

Xoom Xoom Xoom!

brasssong

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brasssong
moxxee wrote:Fantastic! I'm...flattered! (Blushes) Is your dog addicted to coffee as well?

Hey Get a Room You Two

ballewja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ballewja
drewz05 wrote:Ponies are evil creatures

this is awesome.

paigeorose92

quality posts: 14 Private Messages paigeorose92
moxxee wrote:Fantastic! I'm...flattered! (Blushes) Is your dog addicted to coffee as well?

Definitely not, though she lives up to her name. Not sure what moxxee means :P but moxy means fearless, and she's definitely got that going on. A friend of mine does threaten to give her Red Bull but I don't think I could handle that!

Big Orphaned Cetacea 6.15.11
Bundle of Carrots 11.9.11
Brick of Carbonite 5.23.12

lyxix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lyxix

I did the research on this yesterday when it was the Woot of the Day: The reviews were all positive with respect to the hardware, abilities, etc. The only negative things they had to say was that it (at release date last March), it was missing some key functionality, such as the ability to play Flash 10 and did not have 4g capability yet. Also they commented the new Android Honeycomb OS was a little buggy (as one would expect). It was also too expensive at $800.

Now this is for sale and it has added all the capabilities it said it would, and slashed the price in half! Can't find a better deal.

Plus it has a great bluetooth keyboard you can buy on the side, as well as two different forms of docking stations and cases galore.

I got one.

Rachel McCarthy

Batman4oz

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Batman4oz

This might be helpful....

http://besttabletpcreviews.com/other-brand-tablet-pc/motorola-xoom-nvidia-tegra-2-10-1-inch-wifi-android-tablet-pc-review

And since I know that I can't afford one...Did I Mention that my Birthday is in Two Weeks?! ~

^^X^^

Wooting for Bat Capes
JUDY-ism...the Only Religion I need!
WWJD...What Would JUDY Do?!
thebatcaveofoz.us
^^X^^

nickmcmahon

quality posts: 32 Private Messages nickmcmahon
lunarparcel wrote:I had one of these for several days for product review, and I really liked it a lot. it's not perfect by a long shot, but quite nice. I'd probably pull the trigger on this deal if it was $100 cheaper.

But what probably concerns me the most is that, for a relatively new product, there are already so many re-furbished units they are trying so hard to move.

That, and the fact that industry stats indicate that sales are considered abysmal for this product. First quarter manufacturing put in for 800,000 units, with an anticipated 5 million units sold during 1rst year. Unfortunately, they were only able to move between 5 - 15% of those first quarter units with tons more growing moss in stockrooms - and considering this activity on Woot, many of those sold have already been returned for re-furb sales.

Not a very good sign, IMO.

You have to look at the other side of things - any units that were test units, or units someone realized they couldnt afford or didnt like have to be sold as refurbished. Although someone might have used it for 5 minutes or 5 days, retailers can sell it as new, so it gets refurbished and resold.

bloodtalonx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bloodtalonx

Is there any way to use a tablet device like this to control a PC? I'd love to use it as a remote control for the HTPC or to be able to web surf on the couch while someone's watching TV, but I don't know if I can justify the price for just a mobile browser device.

Also, is the SDHC the only way to expand the memory space? Can devices like this be upgraded (RAM, processor, etc), or is it more complex than popping in new hardware for a desktop PC?

Really new to mobile devices, and I'm still using a non-smart (stupid?) web-enabled cell. This seems like it would be a good venture into something more hi-tech