derigel1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages derigel1
lightihawkj wrote:I've sent 5 emails since last week to service@woot.com and have gotten no response.

When I placed the order I got a Paypal reciept but nothing else. My woot account doesn't show my purchase and my paypal reciept doesn't show the shipping address, even though I have a verified shipping address in Paypal.

I need some help with this and I really don't feel like twittering to @wootservice!



There's an ongoing discussion about the situation over here:

http://www.woot.com/Forums/viewpost.aspx?PostID=4548885&PageIndex=19&ReplyCount=722#post4561596

We're still waiting to hear what's going to happen. :P

sgasiorek


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgasiorek
agingdragqueen wrote:
You can also check the other product forum here for more information (we sold this originally on 7/13). We should be in communication with everyone who has ordered this item, so please hold off on emailing in for right now. I'll be around to post updates as I get them, etc.



So it sounds like those who ordered on the 13th are in a different situation than those on the 14th in that folks who ordered on the 14th won't even have a product ship...is that correct to assume?

agingdragqueen


quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

sgasiorek wrote:So it sounds like those who ordered on the 13th are in a different situation than those on the 14th in that folks who ordered on the 14th won't even have a product ship...is that correct to assume?



Correct. It seems like Motorola will be shipping these directly, but right now they're needing to figure out how. We'll be emailing the Woot-Off peeps too when we have more info. I really am sorry about the mess.


sgasiorek


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgasiorek
agingdragqueen wrote:Correct. It seems like Motorola will be shipping these directly, but right now they're needing to figure out how. We'll be emailing the Woot-Off peeps too when we have more info. I really am sorry about the mess.



Thanks much for the reply.

oulzac


quality posts: 0 Private Messages oulzac

No ETA for us impatient folk? Sad Panda.

But I do have to give you props for keeping us up to date in the forums. Good job!


baroquon


quality posts: 1 Private Messages baroquon

Any chance woot-off folks will get some information or an eta on shipping before eob today? Thanks.

bar - bar - bar - bar - bar-oquon

Jon651


quality posts: 21 Private Messages Jon651

Discounting the day of the sale (7/14), today is the 5th business day. I notice that there is an active discussion for the folks who purchased the Xoom on the 13th with a lot of information forthcoming from the Woot! staff, but so far we've heard nothing for us who picked this up on the 14th.

I knew what I was getting into for the $5 shipping cost and Yes I've Wooted before, but I'm hoping that just because we aren't as vocal as the first-round folks that nobody thinks we are just going to forget all about this.

Dear Woot! Staff, please provide just a little bit of info for us here so we can at least feel reassured that we have not been forgotten or ignored. Something saying that our shipping info would be delayed several days at least, or some reassurance that Motorola will show us a little love for not coming thru the way that they should have in the first place. Yes it's a problem that some units got thru that weren't as advertised and I'm glad they are being double-sure in sending us the correct ones, but they are compounding the first problem by not being forthcoming to those of us still waiting who haven't heard a peep.

I can be a very understanding person most times, but we've got to communicate first...

Cheers - Jon651

derigel1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages derigel1

From ibuyforwoot on the other thread:

For those of you that ordered on the 14th, I was told about noon today that they would ship out of our warehouse today or tomorrow at the latest. It was about 100 units sold during last week's woot-off.

agingdragqueen


quality posts: 126 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

derigel1 wrote:From ibuyforwoot on the other thread:

For those of you that ordered on the 14th, I was told about noon today that they would ship out of our warehouse today or tomorrow at the latest. It was about 100 units sold during last week's woot-off.



Came here to confirm just this. We're getting them out as soon as possible this morning. Thank you all for staying patient with us and feel free to email in if you have any further questions.


mpeters123


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mpeters123
agingdragqueen wrote:Came here to confirm just this. We're getting them out as soon as possible this morning. Thank you all for staying patient with us and feel free to email in if you have any further questions.



I ordered my Xoom on the 14th. It is almost 1:00pm EDST and I still have no ship dates, times, or tracking info. There was talk of Motorola making this whole thing right with the Woot customers. Well is there anything special coming with these units or even expidited shipping? I really am tempted to get a new one today at staples. Any suggestions?

BobinPasadena


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BobinPasadena
mpeters123 wrote:I ordered my Xoom on the 14th. It is almost 1:00pm EDST and I still have no ship dates, times, or tracking info. There was talk of Motorola making this whole thing right with the Woot customers. Well is there anything special coming with these units or even expidited shipping? I really am tempted to get a new one today at staples. Any suggestions?



I have got to agree with him. What is going on?

mpeters123


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mpeters123
BobinPasadena wrote:I have got to agree with him. What is going on?



Well it is 3:30pm and still no information. Woot is awfully quiet today. I wanna play with my XOOM!!!

derigel1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages derigel1

agingdragqueen posted a few minutes ago on the other thread that she's going home for the weekend. So it looks like we're basically SOL until Monday in terms of getting any new information. I understand they had problems and couldn't fulfill shipping the product within 5 business days, but it would have been nice to have heard something today before they left.

derigel1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages derigel1
agingdragqueen wrote:Came here to confirm just this. We're getting them out as soon as possible this morning. Thank you all for staying patient with us and feel free to email in if you have any further questions.



Though I'm going to go ahead and guess that this no longer applies.

oulzac


quality posts: 0 Private Messages oulzac

I just got my tracking info for the shipment!
I am happy.

Not so much that it was sent via FedEx, but happy non the less it is on its way!

derigel1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages derigel1

Whoops. Just got an email that the Xoom has shipped! I take it all back. Woot, I love you. So they are still shipping orders from the 14th at this time.

Cyberscott


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Cyberscott

I also received a shipping notification from woot with FedEx tracking number. Hopefully, all of us woot-offs will receive a trouble free XOOM!

hmccli5095


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmccli5095

I got this today 1832 EDT
"Your Order for 1 Motorola XOOM 10.1" 32GB Android Tablet with Wi-Fi on 07/14/2011 has been Recently Shipped via FEDEX."
Man that took long enough, I could have order from Hong Kong and got the same result.

Jon651


quality posts: 21 Private Messages Jon651

Does anybody know if FedEx updates their tracking info over the weekend?

I just received my tracking number as well but hate to think everything goes dark until Monday...

Cheers - Jon651

oulzac


quality posts: 0 Private Messages oulzac
Jon651 wrote:Does anybody know if FedEx updates their tracking info over the weekend?

I just received my tracking number as well but hate to think everything goes dark until Monday...

Cheers - Jon651



I there is any actual movement of the shipment, then yes it will update as it is scanned. However, I don't expect to see anything updated until Monday.

lionking4


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lionking4
Jon651 wrote:Discounting the day of the sale (7/14), today is the 5th business day. I notice that there is an active discussion for the folks who purchased the Xoom on the 13th with a lot of information forthcoming from the Woot! staff, but so far we've heard nothing for us who picked this up on the 14th.

I knew what I was getting into for the $5 shipping cost and Yes I've Wooted before, but I'm hoping that just because we aren't as vocal as the first-round folks that nobody thinks we are just going to forget all about this.

Dear Woot! Staff, please provide just a little bit of info for us here so we can at least feel reassured that we have not been forgotten or ignored. Something saying that our shipping info would be delayed several days at least, or some reassurance that Motorola will show us a little love for not coming thru the way that they should have in the first place. Yes it's a problem that some units got thru that weren't as advertised and I'm glad they are being double-sure in sending us the correct ones, but they are compounding the first problem by not being forthcoming to those of us still waiting who haven't heard a peep.

I can be a very understanding person most times, but we've got to communicate first...

Cheers - Jon651



lionking4


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lionking4

Got mine yesterday and its 3:oo a.m. I am playing
with this beutiful purchase. Ordered on 14th. My first woot won,t be my last Lord willin!!! Thank You Woot!!! KENNYKEEN

mpeters123


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mpeters123
mpeters123 wrote:Well it is 3:30pm and still no information. Woot is awfully quiet today. I wanna play with my XOOM!!!



Well it is Saturday and I see on the Woot site that I have a tracking number but Fedex doesnt recognize it. I didn't get a shipment email as promised. Also, just because I have a number doesn't mean it has left the warehouse. Does anyone know where they are shipped from so I can guess the travel time? For those who received theirs, what shipping rate was used?

mpeters123


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mpeters123
mpeters123 wrote:Well it is Saturday and I see on the Woot site that I have a tracking number but Fedex doesnt recognize it. I didn't get a shipment email as promised. Also, just because I have a number doesn't mean it has left the warehouse. Does anyone know where they are shipped from so I can guess the travel time? For those who received theirs, what shipping rate was used?



Well I was correct. It is Monday morning and my Fedex tracking number is not recognized by Fedex. They explained to me that the shipment has not been picked up by Fedex yet. The pickup should be today. I hope the shipping method is FAST.

hmccli5095


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmccli5095

Well Its Monday 7/25/2011 1316 Eastern Standard Time.
I just check the FebEx Tracking number and still no information on this tracking number.
What is going on.

baroquon


quality posts: 1 Private Messages baroquon

They probably just printed out the packing labels on friday to attempt to placate us, to print out the labels and issue a tracking number they needn't even have the boxes ready to ship. I'm not saying that they don't have the shipments prepared, only that it isn't a necessity. Woot did however say on thursday "that they would ship out of our warehouse today or tomorrow at the latest." Obviously a lie. Hopefully they will ship today.

bar - bar - bar - bar - bar-oquon

mpeters123


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mpeters123
baroquon wrote:They probably just printed out the packing labels on friday to attempt to placate us, to print out the labels and issue a tracking number they needn't even have the boxes ready to ship. I'm not saying that they don't have the shipments prepared, only that it isn't a necessity. Woot did however say on thursday "that they would ship out of our warehouse today or tomorrow at the latest." Obviously a lie. Hopefully they will ship today.



3:10 edst Still not showing on the Fedex site. Notice all replies from the WOOT staff have disappeared. When mine arrives (IF it arrives) it had best be in primo condition.

derigel1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages derigel1

Yeah, it's 4:00 CST and FedEx still hasn't heard about my package. I think that the email Woot sent me Friday saying...

Your order for 1 Motorola XOOM 10.1” 32GB Android Tablet with Wi-Fi on 07/14/2011 has been recently shipped via FEDEX

...and the posts that said the Xooms would be shipped out by Friday at the latest weren't completely true. I guess this isn't over yet.

mpeters123


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mpeters123
derigel1 wrote:Yeah, it's 4:00 CST and FedEx still hasn't heard about my package. I think that the email Woot sent me Friday saying...

Your order for 1 Motorola XOOM 10.1” 32GB Android Tablet with Wi-Fi on 07/14/2011 has been recently shipped via FEDEX

...and the posts that said the Xooms would be shipped out by Friday at the latest weren't completely true. I guess this isn't over yet.



But you understand it is ALL Motorola's fault right? LOL What is sad is that I was such a big WOOT fan and have turned so many people on to it.

Jon651


quality posts: 21 Private Messages Jon651

Yes I'm in the same boat as everyone else and Yes my tracking number still isn't recognized by FedEx.

However...

I can say from personal Woot! experience that all hope is not lost. I have had several previous Woots! arrive at my house with the FedEx site continuing to say "Not Found". I must say that FedEx does not have the most reliable, up-to-date tracking. I have perpetually found UPS and the USPS tracking to be updated much sooner, therefore I am not going to jump up and down on Woot! just yet until I actually receive my Xoom.

Cheers - Jon651

hmccli5095


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmccli5095
Jon651 wrote:Yes I'm in the same boat as everyone else and Yes my tracking number still isn't recognized by FedEx.

However...

I can say from personal Woot! experience that all hope is not lost. I have had several previous Woots! arrive at my house with the FedEx site continuing to say "Not Found". I must say that FedEx does not have the most reliable, up-to-date tracking. I have perpetually found UPS and the USPS tracking to be updated much sooner, therefore I am not going to jump up and down on Woot! just yet until I actually receive my Xoom.

Cheers - Jon651



yeah but when is that going to happen? Two or Three months from now.
Woot! can we get some help here? Please

derigel1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages derigel1

It would make it a lot easier if someone from Woot would post some more info. Just a reassurance that the Xooms were in fact picked up by FedEx and shipped out already would help. Hint hint...

baroquon


quality posts: 1 Private Messages baroquon
derigel1 wrote:It would make it a lot easier if someone from Woot would post some more info. Just a reassurance that the Xooms were in fact picked up by FedEx and shipped out already would help. Hint hint...



It would be hard for them to confirm that as I doubt it is the case. Of course that did not stop them from telling us they would ship thursday or friday at the latest, so...

bar - bar - bar - bar - bar-oquon

hmccli5095


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmccli5095

Ok I just called Fedex and they are not finding anything with this tracking nubmer that was given to me. They also tried my address and nothing. OK WOOT! whats going on here? It going on two weeks and no info on my order, that tracking number is a dud

derigel1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages derigel1

I tried calling too. The FedEx guy told me they had no record of the number, but it can take 24-48 business hours to go in the system. Since my email was sent out at around 6pm Friday, it still may show up tomorrow. It's been 11 days without feeling like I know what's going on, guess I can wait one more.

Jon651


quality posts: 21 Private Messages Jon651

Good news! According to the FedEx website my Xoom was picked up last night from Woot! at 8:27pm and is in transit with an estimated delievery date of 7/28. This is the first bit of tracking data that I have seen posted by FedEx.

Now to keep my fingers crossed that all goes well!

derigel1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages derigel1

FedEx now says they picked up my Xoom on the 25th, and it should be here tomorrow.

+1 on the crossed fingers.

baroquon


quality posts: 1 Private Messages baroquon
Jon651 wrote:Good news! According to the FedEx website my Xoom was picked up last night from Woot! at 8:27pm and is in transit with an estimated delievery date of 7/28. This is the first bit of tracking data that I have seen posted by FedEx.

Now to keep my fingers crossed that all goes well!



Is that really "good" news, it would have been good news a week ago? Now it seems more like "about time" news.

bar - bar - bar - bar - bar-oquon

Cyberscott


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Cyberscott

Mine is finally on the way as well. ETA July 27th.

hmccli5095


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmccli5095

ok I received my xoom, but it seems to be some issue with it. Not able to down load any apps. and can not set a password. Spoke with motorola they said it sounds like the Tablet I have has a demo software installed on it and I need to contact Woot.